Hammer Cricket Bat Company

Hammermellet

Debutant
Runs
Hey guys, as some of you may know I am in the beginning stages of launching my own cricket brand. I thought I would post a few pics of some samples ive received and get your views and thoughts. To remain unbiased I will not be telling where I get the bats from so would just like your honest opinion on what you think of the bats on a aesthetic point of view. Thanks for your input. I will be looking to sell these in the $250 price range. The are G1 English willow cricket bats.
a6cd0b46-4d42-1d68.jpg

a6cd0b46-4d50-b4e5.jpg

a6cd0b46-4d5e-b517.jpg

can you post a close up of the face? can't seem to see how it looks aesthetically....

Made by MSR, I don't think you will find $250 for them to be honest. They look like Grade 2 so I doubt you will find takers for that price in my opinion.

Made by MSR, I don't think you will find $250 for them to be honest. They look like Grade 2 so I doubt you will find takers for that price in my opinion.

i second that comment....i would say they are a tad below g2 willow....

Other than the big hammer, who do msr make for? I take it msr are from Pakistan?

Other than the big hammer, who do msr make for? I take it msr are from Pakistan?

I'm not too sure who they make for but I'm sure they are from Pakistan. From pictures it looks like it is Pakistani made bat.

don't look like G1 too much heart wood i can understand one or 2 grains but half a bat..... grains arn't too straight aswell and not a clean cleft. BUT the profile is nice. Wouldn't go with them unless you get some better samples.

The wood doesn't look much chop to be honest, neither does the profile, you'd struggle to sell that for
40% of your target. Also, probably more importantly, what quality are the handles? You can have a pretty looking blade, but if the handle is poor quality the bat is an epic fail.

Last edited:
The wood doesn't look much chop to be honest, neither does the profile, you'd struggle to sell that for
40% of your target. Also, probably more importantly, what quality are the handles? You can have a pretty looking blade, but if the handle is poor quality the bat is an epic fail.

Welcome to PakPassion Awp, I hope you enjoy your stay here :).

Good point I must say.

Grade 1 not really make sure you pick the bats yr self especially when you are just starting

BTW I bought a bat from eBay for 60 quid I think the bat looks better then these two , I might be wrong

It's the 2nd one from left

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326363619713.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326363619713.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,556
hey guys, thanks for your opinions, you guys and the guys on CIF have been very helpful. dont worry i never paid a cent for these samples and this is just the beginning of my testing phase. ive still got a few more shipments of samples coming from the UK, india and maybe even AUS before i start making any decisions.

thnaks again.

hey guys, thanks for your opinions, you guys and the guys on CIF have been very helpful. dont worry i never paid a cent for these samples and this is just the beginning of my testing phase. ive still got a few more shipments of samples coming from the UK, india and maybe even AUS before i start making any decisions.

thnaks again.

Sounds good. If you don't mind me asking, who from in Australia? If you can't give out that info, could you tell me what state?

New south wales.

Thought I would give you guys a pat on the back. Te these are G2 / G3 blades. Here is a pic of the sample bat next to a SG reliant extreme bat which retails for $129 USD.
a6cd0b46-d84a-fb69.jpg

It almost an exact morrow image.

batmakers in NSW hmmm??

I know of 3 main ones in Australia

Jullian Millichamp: Screaming Cat: Victoria
Stuart Kransbueler: Gray Nicolls - Victoria
Steven Bradbury: Bradbury - Western Australia

There is also Sommers cricket in South Australia and Impala seems to be making a comeback and they were based in NSW.

There are a few more in NSW I think, but can't remember the names of them.

Oh okay.

So only four batmakers in Australia?

Langer mate you sure Bradburys are made in Australia heard they had moved to India....

These bats look good. The bat in the middle looks very very big. whats the weight of it and the edge size??

The two on left in first few pictures are amazing! Love them especially the left one beside that monster!!

Impressive mate! These are the bats you want.

yeah thanks guys. these are nice. oh and just wanted to throw you off a bit so i put #3 back in there from the other night. yes 1 and 2 are new samples. have more coming on monday and will let you have a look at it as well.

bat in the middle is a laver ultra replica but i hated the flat face on the laver so i got them to make it with a bow and also round the face like a normal bat. amazingly my bat maker was able to still leave 47mm edges on it. the downside of all that edge size is the bat weighs 3lbs. but im sure someone will want it.

the Scat replica which will from here onwards be known as Odin by HCBC. ( hammer cricket bat company )

Odin was a God of thunder ( and many other things. widely thought of as the god of gods. in viking mythology.

You're on a better track here Jason, replicating successful profiles is the way to go. Have you given thought to who your customers will be for these bats, no doubt you have. This will have bearing on what you produce. As an Aussie, we tend to go for mid and long
Middles suitable for fast bouncy conditions eg scat 1, flare etc in weights typically 2.8 +/- a couple OZ. whereas poms like a low middle and heavier weights.

What ever you do, regardless of profile, if the pressing is good and the handles are quality the bat will perform, insist on these things above all else.

You're on a better track here Jason, replicating successful profiles is the way to go. Have you given thought to who your customers will be for these bats, no doubt you have. This will have bearing on what you produce. As an Aussie, we tend to go for mid and long
Middles suitable for fast bouncy conditions eg scat 1, flare etc in weights typically 2.8 +/- a couple OZ. whereas poms like a low middle and heavier weights.

What ever you do, regardless of profile, if the pressing is good and the handles are quality the bat will perform, insist on these things above all else.

Thanks mate, I'm hoping to sell a few to the Aussies. Yeah the Odin is a scat series 1 replica and my second bat will be a black cat shadow shape. I'm looking at three different price ranges as well. $450, $350 and $250. The $450 one will be like your $700 bats you get in AUS.

^nice good news for us aussies (damn expensive bats here) the first 2 bats in second set are brilliant especially te first bat the 2nd bat would get through as a G1 cleft bacouse it has 1 or 2 grains of heartwood (not 1/3 of bat) is the ODIN the first bat in pics, i reckon ODIN should be 2nd bat because it is very thick and the meaning of the name suits it better.

Oh okay.

So only four batmakers in Australia?

Langer mate you sure Bradburys are made in Australia heard they had moved to India....

Haven't heard bout them being made in India before, so I would say no.

If i is true, it would only be for the low end models, as their top bats will always be made in WA by Steven.

Last edited:
made by one of the mexicans in my basement, from trees i grew in my back yard... sorry but cant disclose origin just yet.

yes this is G1, wasnt cheap either.

do you have stickers made?
you could run a comp on the forum with a prize.....(if thats allowed)

Actually already ran a comp on my Facebook page. Stickers are almost completed, over at Adcal at the moment. Should have them soon. One of my friends has won the comp and will be getting a free bat.

Out of three samples, I'd say those two TK bats (especially SCAT) was the best followed by this third sample :).

Last edited:
Today is the official launch of my bats. And the first bat out is the Berserker T20 RS cricket bat.

a6cd0911-6c37-a02a.jpg

It's a regular length SH bat, weighs from 2.11 to 2.14 and has 45mm edges on the smallest one.

It picks up about 2.10.

Today is the official launch of my bats. And the first bat out is the Berserker T20 RS cricket bat.

a6cd0911-6c37-a02a.jpg

It's a regular length SH bat, weighs from 2.11 to 2.14 and has 45mm edges on the smallest one.

It picks up about 2.10.

Congrats mate, i know you :) and nice to see you here :) You have some good woods out there. I believe that you have these bats which are excellent! I have a mid knowledge about bats so no idea about Grades but surely the quality its Excellent.

and the price which you are going for.. seriously will Do Wonders!

you have a Market in your area! you can do it! Best of luck!

thanks Rocket, im doing my best and really working hard to provide the best quality available.

Back