Hard ball vs Tape ball. What travels faster when bowling?

loonies12

Debutant
Runs
The question might sound a bit weird but i have always wondered, is it easier to ball fast with a tape ball than a hard ball? If yes why? Does the hard ball travel faster through the air then tape ball does?

Hard ball. Basically, it's easier to make the tape ball go to a certain speed. But the hard ball has a much higher top speed. You will never bowl 135KPH with a tape ball, it's almost impossible cause it's so light.

The tape ball is very light and therefore slows down quite a lot on the way to the batsman. The hard ball mantains the speed. Also since the tape ball is soft it slows down much more after pitching as compared to the hard ball.

Have a tapeball world cup tourney pak would win 99.99999999999999999999 % of them any overs any where against any one in any conditions )

U will be surprised by how good the australians will be at it. They also play it

Also about travelling, tape ball travels faster. All fast bowlers will feel a decrease in speed once they shift from tape ball to hard ball.

U will be surprised by how good the australians will be at it. They also play it

Also about travelling, tape ball travels faster. All fast bowlers will feel a decrease in speed once they shift from tape ball to hard ball.

Tape ball is much quicker through the air

its hard to play cut shot on tape ball, you can slice it but u dont enough time to cut when playing tape ball.

I have played a lot with tape ball. Most of bowlers are so good that when you face them it is impossible to spot the ball coming. With that said tape ball is much quicker. Usually tape ball pitches are 15 yards compare to 22 yards hard ball pitch. That also cause ball to travel much faster. I think it comes in 160Km speed in 15 yards pitches

I have no idea how many of you played tape over cork. While gowing up playing cricket on karachi cement tracks, tape over cork was the most challenging.

Tape over tennis ball tvavels and swing more than cricket ball depending if you are bowling with the breeze or againt. Those who have played taped cork ball would testify that it is more fun. The sound off the bat is sweeter but to put the bat on the ball is a far bigger challenge than taped tennis or cricket ball. A taped cork can swing much more in the air and travels faster as well. Try it!

I have played a lot with tape ball. Most of bowlers are so good that when you face them it is impossible to spot the ball coming. With that said tape ball is much quicker. Usually tape ball pitches are 15 yards compare to 22 yards hard ball pitch. That also cause ball to travel much faster. I think it comes in 160Km speed in 15 yards pitches

Changing the length of the pitch doesn't change the speed of the ball. In cricket the speed measured is the maximum/initial speed.

Back