"Every single ball, I knew they were going to come very hard on me, so I decided to go after them": Aamer Jamal

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Aamer Jamal speaking to ABC grandstand:

"It wasn't about the new ball. I didn't even look at the scoreboard of how many (overs) was left. I was just trying to get as many runs as I could get,"

"Every single ball, I knew they were going to come very hard on me … so I decided to go after them,"

About his partnership with Mir Hamza

"When he came out to bat, he was a bit nervous, same as me.

"So I told him … just be brave. Even if it hits you on the body, it just doesn't matter. It's a part of the game."

=====

Aamer Jamal speaking to the media:

“When I came to bat in the middle, I think we were nine down when Hamza came as well, so I think we've been talking about those bowlers as well. I know they're going to come hard on us, so what we need to do is just stick to the plan, whatever the plan was given from the coaching staff, so I think that's what we did.”

"I know they're going to come hard, and I was mentally ready because my batting position is such that they wanted to ball every ball a bouncer to get our wickets as quickly as they could, and I know the ball was just a bit soft as well, but when you made up your mind to play those pull shots, you can play them."

“I think having Shaheen on the playing side is an extra edge for us because our bowling lineup always revolves around him, so I think that's a management and captain's decision, and I think they would answer better.”

“It means a lot; it means the world to me because I know when I last came to Sydney, I was sitting over there on the bench and cheering up my team because I wasn't playing for Pakistan, so it's a huge moment for me and for my family as well, so it was lovely to watch everyone on the feet when I was walking out, and I think I love it.”

"To be very honest, I couldn't even go outside. I was just focusing on cricket. I've never been to any beaches or restaurants. I've never been there. I just try to focus as much as I can on cricket. So all my intentions and everything, whatever that was, were just towards the cricket.

“All of them were happy. We've been talking about it a lot every time we go out for the batting, so our coach, Hafeez, always speaks to every batsman whoever is going to the batting, so they just wanted every better to beat their previous highest, so we were talking about that one, so they asked me about what was my highest, and then I told him it was 80 back in first-class games, so he told me to beat 80 today, so I never thought I would do it, but I just tried, and I think I succeeded.

"Yes, you can say definitely against a world-class bowling attack; that was a good inning, I think.”

"I think there was only one over left, so we just wanted to go with him as well, and Captain decided to give him a go. So I think if we could have nearly gotten Warner but we couldn't get him, that was the only plan because that's the only thing left for the day, so that's why we wanted to go with him.

"I think yes, there's always an extra edge having Shahen in the playing 11 on the other end, because he's been so good with the new ball as well; everybody knows that, but we have got Hassan Ali as well; he's experienced; we have got Mir Hamza, who took I think 450 wickets in the first class, so he's a really good new ball operator in the middle, so I think yes, we will miss him in the playing 11, but we've got Hassan Ali and Mir Hamza with me, so I think they will help me."

"Yes, definitely, when every new inning starts, the new balls every time give you swing and seam, but with the passage of time, the pitch behavior is a bit changed, and that was a really good deck to bat on, and I think that's why we decided to stay on the crease as long as we could to get those extra runs.”

"There's a bit of a difference, but not as compared to them. I know the standard has been high on the test level; definitely, you're playing on the test side, so that's why Sydney-grade cricket is very competitive. I played in England as well, but the Sydney grade cricket was more competitive than theirs, and as compared to the test, obviously there's a standard difference.”

“Today's pitch wasn't that different from the Pakistan pitches because we played in Melbourne and Perth as well, so those pitches had extra bounce and extra pace on the ball as well, but this deck is pretty good to bat on.”

“This was indeed very emotional, but you have to control your emotions and feelings. There can be no greater happiness than when my name comes up for the test team for the first time. I said earlier that whether I score one run or 10 runs, my performance is beneficial to the team, which happened today, and I am very happy with it.”

“Our discussion always happens that whenever our seventh or eighth number player comes in, they start bouncing, but this time I will hit whatever they bowl today.”

“I have always believed in hard work, and I never go for excuses, whether I am in the team or not, so my thing is that you can silence your cricket critics with your performance, and in my opinion, this is the best way to silence them. As far as performance is concerned, when you have worked hard and you have done your homework, you are confident, so when you get a chance, you are not under pressure.”

“I wanted to play the pace, as I was having trouble playing it. I did not want to let this thing ride my mind, so today I practiced on the 18-yard wicket. In my opinion, I benefited a lot from it.”

“Yes, absolutely, in the start, the new ball was also seaming and swinging, so in my opinion, I have said that the Saim got a very good delivery and Abdullah could not do it today, and secondly, Babar Azam was playing very well, and in my opinion, today he was unlucky. It could have been the umpire’s call on the review, but it did not happen, and the way he was playing compact today, we thought that today he would score.”

“As compared to the first hour before lunch, the pitch behavior was that it had become quite slow.”

“I was talking to Mir Hamza because I wanted him to play one or two balls when I felt confident; he can play three or four balls, so I will let him play according to that. Our decision was that we should add as many runs as we could for the team total so that our team could benefit, I am happy with Hamza that he supported me, and my thing was that I had targeted a bowler that I would play against. My attempt was that we had to go for runs, and secondly, we were also looking at how many overs were left behind, so my mind was that Hamza edged the ball two or three times, but then these things happen, and as much as we could, we did.”

“Cricket is my passion, and when passion becomes a profession, you enjoy it, so you do not take stress from it; you enjoy every moment of it, whether you bowl or bat; you want to live this moment. So I have struggled a lot, so it is not that I have been brought into the team immediately; I have struggled, I have tried, but I have never given up. Now whatever moments are there, they mean a lot, and now my focus is that all my performances are for the team.”

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the way.

You can't afford to simply go into a shell and then hope the storm passes. You have to be brave and look to score to put some pressure back on the bowling side, and Jamal was able to do that.

What impressed me was that there was a method to the madness and he looked determined to score big not just few slogs.

Hope he keeps this up

He mentioned in the PC how they noticed that they start a bouncer barrage on the tailenders and Aamir was like this time i told the team management, that i will hit them no matter whatever length they bowl. Braveheart.

That's the way.

You can't afford to simply go into a shell and then hope the storm passes. You have to be brave and look to score to put some pressure back on the bowling side, and Jamal was able to do that.

What impressed me was that there was a method to the madness and he looked determined to score big not just few slogs.

Hope he keeps this up
Yes it was confident hitting not wild swings hoping for the best

To be honest he did start with having a go at every ball.

Bhogle etc were hoping he would fail, :D
But he was still playing at merit of the ball. But once got used to pace and bounce in the pitch he began connecting

Fantastic innings from a lionhearted cricketer.

Having said that, awful captaincy from Cummins, after Jamal crossed 10 he basically gave up on trying to get him out, and was banking on him either holing out in the deep or dismissing Hamza at the other end.

Aamer Jamal speaking to ABC grandstand:

"It wasn't about the new ball. I didn't even look at the scoreboard of how many (overs) was left. I was just trying to get as many runs as I could get,"

"Every single ball, I knew they were going to come very hard on me … so I decided to go after them,"

About his partnership with Mir Hamza

"When he came out to bat, he was a bit nervous, same as me.

"So I told him … just be brave. Even if it hits you on the body, it just doesn't matter. It's a part of the game."

=====

Aamer Jamal speaking to the media:

“When I came to bat in the middle, I think we were nine down when Hamza came as well, so I think we've been talking about those bowlers as well. I know they're going to come hard on us, so what we need to do is just stick to the plan, whatever the plan was given from the coaching staff, so I think that's what we did.”

"I know they're going to come hard, and I was mentally ready because my batting position is such that they wanted to ball every ball a bouncer to get our wickets as quickly as they could, and I know the ball was just a bit soft as well, but when you made up your mind to play those pull shots, you can play them."

“I think having Shaheen on the playing side is an extra edge for us because our bowling lineup always revolves around him, so I think that's a management and captain's decision, and I think they would answer better.”

“It means a lot; it means the world to me because I know when I last came to Sydney, I was sitting over there on the bench and cheering up my team because I wasn't playing for Pakistan, so it's a huge moment for me and for my family as well, so it was lovely to watch everyone on the feet when I was walking out, and I think I love it.”

"To be very honest, I couldn't even go outside. I was just focusing on cricket. I've never been to any beaches or restaurants. I've never been there. I just try to focus as much as I can on cricket. So all my intentions and everything, whatever that was, were just towards the cricket.

“All of them were happy. We've been talking about it a lot every time we go out for the batting, so our coach, Hafeez, always speaks to every batsman whoever is going to the batting, so they just wanted every better to beat their previous highest, so we were talking about that one, so they asked me about what was my highest, and then I told him it was 80 back in first-class games, so he told me to beat 80 today, so I never thought I would do it, but I just tried, and I think I succeeded.

"Yes, you can say definitely against a world-class bowling attack; that was a good inning, I think.”

"I think there was only one over left, so we just wanted to go with him as well, and Captain decided to give him a go. So I think if we could have nearly gotten Warner but we couldn't get him, that was the only plan because that's the only thing left for the day, so that's why we wanted to go with him.

"I think yes, there's always an extra edge having Shahen in the playing 11 on the other end, because he's been so good with the new ball as well; everybody knows that, but we have got Hassan Ali as well; he's experienced; we have got Mir Hamza, who took I think 450 wickets in the first class, so he's a really good new ball operator in the middle, so I think yes, we will miss him in the playing 11, but we've got Hassan Ali and Mir Hamza with me, so I think they will help me."

"Yes, definitely, when every new inning starts, the new balls every time give you swing and seam, but with the passage of time, the pitch behavior is a bit changed, and that was a really good deck to bat on, and I think that's why we decided to stay on the crease as long as we could to get those extra runs.”

"There's a bit of a difference, but not as compared to them. I know the standard has been high on the test level; definitely, you're playing on the test side, so that's why Sydney-grade cricket is very competitive. I played in England as well, but the Sydney grade cricket was more competitive than theirs, and as compared to the test, obviously there's a standard difference.”

“Today's pitch wasn't that different from the Pakistan pitches because we played in Melbourne and Perth as well, so those pitches had extra bounce and extra pace on the ball as well, but this deck is pretty good to bat on.”

“This was indeed very emotional, but you have to control your emotions and feelings. There can be no greater happiness than when my name comes up for the test team for the first time. I said earlier that whether I score one run or 10 runs, my performance is beneficial to the team, which happened today, and I am very happy with it.”

“Our discussion always happens that whenever our seventh or eighth number player comes in, they start bouncing, but this time I will hit whatever they bowl today.”

“I have always believed in hard work, and I never go for excuses, whether I am in the team or not, so my thing is that you can silence your cricket critics with your performance, and in my opinion, this is the best way to silence them. As far as performance is concerned, when you have worked hard and you have done your homework, you are confident, so when you get a chance, you are not under pressure.”

“I wanted to play the pace, as I was having trouble playing it. I did not want to let this thing ride my mind, so today I practiced on the 18-yard wicket. In my opinion, I benefited a lot from it.”

“Yes, absolutely, in the start, the new ball was also seaming and swinging, so in my opinion, I have said that the Saim got a very good delivery and Abdullah could not do it today, and secondly, Babar Azam was playing very well, and in my opinion, today he was unlucky. It could have been the umpire’s call on the review, but it did not happen, and the way he was playing compact today, we thought that today he would score.”

“As compared to the first hour before lunch, the pitch behavior was that it had become quite slow.”

“I was talking to Mir Hamza because I wanted him to play one or two balls when I felt confident; he can play three or four balls, so I will let him play according to that. Our decision was that we should add as many runs as we could for the team total so that our team could benefit, I am happy with Hamza that he supported me, and my thing was that I had targeted a bowler that I would play against. My attempt was that we had to go for runs, and secondly, we were also looking at how many overs were left behind, so my mind was that Hamza edged the ball two or three times, but then these things happen, and as much as we could, we did.”

“Cricket is my passion, and when passion becomes a profession, you enjoy it, so you do not take stress from it; you enjoy every moment of it, whether you bowl or bat; you want to live this moment. So I have struggled a lot, so it is not that I have been brought into the team immediately; I have struggled, I have tried, but I have never given up. Now whatever moments are there, they mean a lot, and now my focus is that all my performances are for the team.”
This guy deserves all the praise for the guts he has shown today. That innings was very crucial for Pakistan at that and he did exactly what he had to do. Brilliant.

Babar was given this guy to turn into a genuine all rounder

He could only see a bowler in him and wasted key opportunities to develop him.

This guy should be the captain of Peshawar Zalmi tbh
calm down.

he avgs 20 with the bat in domestic cricket.

Gustsy player. I have been very impressed with his attitude. It's the first time in a while that a player has looked confident and also actually delivered.

Babar was given this guy to turn into a genuine all rounder

He could only see a bowler in him and wasted key opportunities to develop him.

This guy should be the captain of Peshawar Zalmi tbh

Huh?

Aamer Jamal did not come into bat today at the position he did because he was an all-rounder.

Think you are looking for things that don't exist.

Just be happy he did well today and stop making every thread about Babar or Rizwan as it gets boring.

Today we are celebrating Aamer's innings.

Huh?

Aamer Jamal did not come into bat today at the position he did because he was an all-rounder.

Think you are looking for things that don't exist.

Just be happy he did well today and stop making every thread about Babar or Rizwan as it gets boring.

Today we are celebrating Aamer's innings.
Yeah of course, he wasn’t selected initially for Pakistan to fill the void of a pace bowling all-rounder?

All you are doing is masking the clear incompetence of Babar as captain.

Yeah of course, he wasn’t selected initially for Pakistan to fill the void of a pace bowling all-rounder?

All you are doing is masking the clear incompetence of Babar as captain.

Yes, and he did well in an ODI think.

But we are talking about today's innings.

Do you have anything to say about that?

Anything you liked in his innings etc

Yo you don't understand how much this man made me smile watching that :love::love:

He has no other option than attack as nine Wickets were already down.
But it was good attacking innings and most importantly he is not a Meek mentality player

What an innings by Aamer Jamal !!!!

Scoring 82 runs off 97 balls, he smashed 9 fours and 4 sixes, rescuing Pakistan from a tight spot at 227/9 to reach 313 in the first innings against Australia. Finally, he's shown his class in batting today

Jamal needs to put the hard yards in for his bowling. You can almost guarantee that he will bowl at least 2 short and wide at the start of his spell. This is something that can't last too long. Ultimately he will make it as a bowler and a 9, not as a batsman. He could become very useful for PK

calm down.

he avgs 20 with the bat in domestic cricket.
But the potential was always there whether you turn that potential into something substantial is obviously different. Aamir Yamin always showed a lot of promise in whatever little opportunities he got but he was discarded unfairly and was never given a proper run. Making players is an art and we unfortunately ain’t good at it and it ultimately boils down to the captain and our previous captains have really failed in it big time..

But the potential was always there whether you turn that potential into something substantial is obviously different. Aamir Yamin always showed a lot of promise in whatever little opportunities he got but he was discarded unfairly and was never given a proper run. Making players is an art and we unfortunately ain’t good at it and it ultimately boils down to the captain and our previous captains have really failed in it big time..
Your domestis record shows ur potential.

Captains dont make players, captains only utilize the players. Some captains are able to utilize players really well like how Misbah utilized Hafeez in international and Mohammad Sami with islamabad united.

Players are made in domestic and what you do in domestic is going to be ten percent less of what you do in international.

Aamir jamal played a great innings, but when i see his domestic avg being 20 that makes me understand that i should not keep much hope or expect him to show us more performances.

What Jamal has shown is he s got a lion heart and an aggressive and positive mindset which will take his game to new levels.

He is a pace bowling allrounder capable of bowling 140 ks plus and has good hitting ability and technique with a solid base to play his shots.

The next phase of his batting should be on constructing an innings and developing even further.

He will be a fantastic asset in ODIs and T20 and can be that impactful player we currently miss.

We have a new star for the T20 WC Squad.

Jamal needs to put the hard yards in for his bowling. You can almost guarantee that he will bowl at least 2 short and wide at the start of his spell. This is something that can't last too long. Ultimately he will make it as a bowler and a 9, not as a batsman. He could become very useful for PK
Good post and someone who atleast understands test cricket.

This is what alot of people dont understand and already making comparisons of AJ.

Anyone who understands test bowling knows that his bowling needs further work, and if you follow domestic stats, your international is going to be the same or 10 percent less of your domestic.

His 20 batting avg should not get our hopes that much high that we start expecting him to be Ben Stokes or Kallis for us.

Ultimately, he will play as a bowler and it still needs improvement

Has really impressed on this tour. Has shown more heart than majority of our team. I hope complacency doesn't set in his game now and he uses this as a launching pad to get even better.

What Jamal has shown is he s got a lion heart and an aggressive and positive mindset which will take his game to new levels.

He is a pace bowling allrounder capable of bowling 140 ks plus and has good hitting ability and technique with a solid base to play his shots.

The next phase of his batting should be on constructing an innings and developing even further.

He will be a fantastic asset in ODIs and T20 and can be that impactful player we currently miss.

We have a new star for the T20 WC Squad.
Having a lion heart, being aggressive or having a positive mindset are all commentary cliches.

These things dont make you a cricketer.

He is almost 28 years old in cricketing ages and still lacks consisstent line and length.

Also dont get your hopes high with a batting avg of 20.

Whether he will be an asset in t20 cricket depends on what he does in PSL.

Waseem jr, Dhani, ihsanullah, and abbas afridi have been topping the bowling charts. He has to top them too. Plus in batting, shaheen is giving competation for allrounder spot and he needs to show some performances in that too.

Zalmi had a terrible bowling display last season and part of the reason was Jamal too.

Cricketers are not required to be aggreasive. Cricketers are required to be logically and know when to play aggreasive and when to play defensive

It has been brilliant from Jamal.

He has far exceeded expectations on this tour.

This was the same guy who was getting smacked in English leagues only 7-8 months prior.

One thing is clear - Jamal is a mentality monster. He rises to challenges. That is a rare breed in this current Pakistan set up.

It has been brilliant from Jamal.

He has far exceeded expectations on this tour.

This was the same guy who was getting smacked in English leagues only 7-8 months prior.

One thing is clear - Jamal is a mentality monster. He rises to challenges. That is a rare breed in this current Pakistan set up.
Reminded me of Hardik Pandya!

Good post and someone who atleast understands test cricket.

This is what alot of people dont understand and already making comparisons of AJ.

Anyone who understands test bowling knows that his bowling needs further work, and if you follow domestic stats, your international is going to be the same or 10 percent less of your domestic.

His 20 batting avg should not get our hopes that much high that we start expecting him to be Ben Stokes or Kallis for us.

Ultimately, he will play as a bowler and it still needs improvement
Can he put the hard yards in,does he actually understand his action and does he have the cricketing intelligence to make the adjustments. History tells us that just like Faheem and his terrible seam, nothing will change. But maybe maybe

The guy speaks amazing too

Wise ehad on his shoulders, absolute awesomeness

What a knock!

Has given Pakistan a chance.

Very promising player. This man has a T20 SR of above 150, that actually means a lot, because hitting consistently is more difficult than just surviving. Anyone with such a high T20 SR always has batting talent and potential, and it's probably been wasted by managements.

He's a very clean hitter and incredibly strong man and players moving up to international level always improve with bat because they get the experience of facing consistent high pace bowling which is only thing lacking at lower levels.

As a bowler, he's a work in progress, but he has the right tools and mentality, so he's very promising. Also he's earned everything the hard way and so he seems to be a lot more disciplined and mentally strong compared to many other Pakistan players, and for a team to succeed a critical mass of such players is required.

As of now, I'd only say Aamer Jamal, Shaheen Afridi and Shan Masood qualify as disciplined and mentally strong from Pakistan. Unfortunately, Shan is severely lacking in the talent department, so Pakistan needs a few more players on the lines of Aamer.

He may not be the most technically gifted.

He may not be the most talented.

But he has spirit, he has a great attitude and that has to be admired.

That's the spirit and mindset AJ! Well done!

As I have said before, Pakistan does not have a talent problem, but a mindset problem.

Speaks well. Has a good head on his shoulders
yeh, he speaks very well. I was quite impressed the way he responded in the press conference.

Not those fake scripted responses that you see by alot of our players.

Having a lion heart, being aggressive or having a positive mindset are all commentary cliches.

These things dont make you a cricketer.

He is almost 28 years old in cricketing ages and still lacks consisstent line and length.

Also dont get your hopes high with a batting avg of 20.

Whether he will be an asset in t20 cricket depends on what he does in PSL.

Waseem jr, Dhani, ihsanullah, and abbas afridi have been topping the bowling charts. He has to top them too. Plus in batting, shaheen is giving competation for allrounder spot and he needs to show some performances in that too.

Zalmi had a terrible bowling display last season and part of the reason was Jamal too.

Cricketers are not required to be aggreasive. Cricketers are required to be logically and know when to play aggreasive and when to play defensive
These are attributes that a professional cricketer needs to succeed at the top level and are not just cliches.

Jamal is not playing as a batsman and doesnt need a 40 plus average to get selected.

Averages and domestic performances are not the be all and end all.

identifying a talent that can make a difference is which is what IK was a master of.

Remember some players ceiling is domestic cricket and that goes for all domestic leagues.

out of that only some are cut out for international level.

Mark Alleyne was a classic example played a few times for england but wasnt cut out for international cricket but was a domestic champion with gloucester multiple times and a succesful captain as was the whole gloucester squad.

How many were england regulars?

Trescothick had a low average in the 20s there abouts but he was excellent at international level. He was picked on potential and the style of play england wanted to play at international level.

Jamal is the man in posession with performances its up to the others to break through for a space although i dont see the pacers you mentioned as direct competiion for jamals place as he plays as an allrounder.

Shaheen is not an allrounder by any stretch of the imagination. he is a ball striker who can hit boundaries like a starc.

last seasons Zalmis season is irrelevant. The man is performing right now.

Karachi finishes in the bottom half literally every season by your logic none of them should be picked for pakistan.

Every player is given a role in the side if everybody plays "logically" as you put it then why do people complain about Babars strike rate.

Cricket throughout history all teams have always had a mixture of defensive, Accumalators, stroke makers, hard hitting ball strikers etc.

Beauty of Pakistani fans: One innings and he's awesome. He has courage, heart, spirit etc etc.

People here have quickly forgotten that Faheem Ashraf used to bowl 140kph and had 91 against NZ in NZ. Add to that a couple of fifties against SA. Just look at where Faheem is.

There is nothing special about Jamal at the moment. Bowls medium fast at 133kph with no control. The only thing is he may be the best in Pakistan. That's it.

Beauty of Pakistani fans: One innings and he's awesome. He has courage, heart, spirit etc etc.

People here have quickly forgotten that Faheem Ashraf used to bowl 140kph and had 91 against NZ in NZ. Add to that a couple of fifties against SA. Just look at where Faheem is.

There is nothing special about Jamal at the moment. Bowls medium fast at 133kph with no control. The only thing is he may be the best in Pakistan. That's it.
Meh. Spare us the sermons.

It was a great effort and would get admiration from all zinda dil fans:akhtar

That's what sports is all about. Now if you wanna feel offended because fans praised his effort, please carry on

Meh. Spare us the sermons.

It was a great effort and would get admiration from all zinda dil fans:akhtar

That's what sports is all about. Now if you wanna feel offended because fans praised his effort, please carry on
Cool. Allow me to refer you to this thread, aptly titled "The era of Faheem Ashraf starts now"

Some of the comments there:

"After Imran Khan we have finally found an all rounder."
"Important to remember, Faheem Ahraf played with Mickey Arthur mentality while other batsmen played with Misbah mentality"
"Much more talent and potential than Hardik Pandya. Do folks agree?"
"Pakistan’s new age Abdul Razzaq."
"Faheem showed a lot of heart."
"He'll soon be competing with the likes of Stokes and Holder soon enough. Way too much talent not to."

So yes forgive me for taking Jamal with a bucketload of salt.

The Noori Nut for the Australian bowling today😁😁😜. Will Aamer Jamal continue the carnage in bowling too?

Attachments

• _20240104_015036.JPG
    _20240104_015036.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Cool. Allow me to refer you to this thread, aptly titled "The era of Faheem Ashraf starts now"

Some of the comments there:

"After Imran Khan we have finally found an all rounder."
"Important to remember, Faheem Ahraf played with Mickey Arthur mentality while other batsmen played with Misbah mentality"
"Much more talent and potential than Hardik Pandya. Do folks agree?"
"Pakistan’s new age Abdul Razzaq."
"Faheem showed a lot of heart."
"He'll soon be competing with the likes of Stokes and Holder soon enough. Way too much talent not to."

So yes forgive me for taking Jamal with a bucketload of salt.
Fans are praising Jamal for a good performance and you are apparently mad that he is being called brave which he was today.

Nothing to do with the whateverness you are quoting here.

Fans are praising Jamal for a good performance and you are apparently mad that he is being called brave which he was today.

Nothing to do with the whateverness you are quoting here.
So am I not entitled to my opinions? I don't see Jamal as anything special because I don't think he has the tools necessary to succeed in international cricket. He's had a good series so far and kudos to him. But again it's just the usual novelty factor associated with new players of Pakistan. He'll soon be found out at Test level. And the reasons for that are:

1) I don't know whether he is a bowling all rounder or a batting all rounder? If he is a bowling allrounder, then he can't succeed with 133kph speed combined with 0 control on pitches where he will get no help. In this series, the pitches have had seam movement available for bowlers. If the Sydney pitch flattens out as is expected, then we will see the true worth of Jamal's bowling.

2) If he's a batting all rounder, then his batting doesn't look like he can score runs by way of construction of an innings, rather than just hitting out.

What he can be is a decent T20 specialist for Pakistan. For Tests, either he needs to massively improve his bowling or batting so that he can be relied upon in at least one discipline.

Aamer Jamal should have been used with the new ball his pace could have created many chances but we just lost the essence of the new ball with hassan ali

This is the right approach to bat in Australia. The pitches are batting friendly once you see off the new ball which the top order would have done. You cant bat scared against Aussies and hope to win

This guy has the fighter mentality. He knew that they will be all out very soon so he took the attack and got the aussie bowlers very nervous. That was some innings.

Guy is a fighter. Refreshing to see players like him, he also has a good head on his shoulders. Very smart responses in the press conference.

He has been denied many wickets due to dollies being dropped in the slips. He would have had 3 or 4 more wickets then he has atm.

Had Pakistan slip fielders taken those catches, Jamal would have had an even better debut than he already has. It would have done too good for his confidence.

For years Australia has been strangely a place where tail thrives. Steyn maden76. Philandering made 63. Thakur scored a crucial 67. Yasin Shah 113. Sundar made 62. Cummins made 63 and almost saved the test. Him and Strachan have a few 50s. Maharaja 50. Johnson has 90,80 and fewnfifties. Ryan Harris 73. Sohail khan made 65 in 65 balls batting at 9. Not surprising to see this.

Aamer Jamal is a great talent we need to guard this guy from injuries. He can be handy for Pakistan in the T20 WC 2024.

Aamer Jamal during the Post-Day 3 presser:

“I’m still pretty confident that we are in the game. I think it could have happened to anyone, to any team, and it happened to us. So, we are still confident. If we can get to 150–170, I think that would be a fighting total.”

“I think it was about momentum. Mir Hamza and Hassan Ali were bowling really well. I think they deserved to get some wickets, but they couldn’t get many. And I think I was the one who got some wickets.”

“Yes, there was a discussion. We were thinking about getting them out as early as possible to keep that lead for as long as we could. Yes, we couldn’t get that much lead, but that was the only plan. Mir Hamza and Hassan Ali have been bowling with the new ball. I am the only one, I think, who came in for the first or second change. So that’s why they are the new ball operators.”

“We need to be on the batting crease. Rizwan and me. We still have two or three wickets left. But yes, we will try to score as much as we can. Maybe 150–170 would be a fighting total.”

“Obviously, we knew that the pitch behavior was going to change. It’s going to be worse in the fourth inning for them as well. It’s not that easy to bat on. The ball sometimes stays too low, sometimes just skidding, spinning a lot, or not spinning at all. So everything is happening. I think we are still in the game.”

“First of all, my aim was to be the highest wicket-taker in the series. And then obviously, I’ve not been as lucky as he is. So it happens. It’s part of the game. And I didn’t even know that I would get six wickets in this inning. So I was just trying hard and hard to take as many wickets as I could get. And I think that’s all the hard work.”

“Yes, it was exactly like that when our batting started and we had two or three outs. I was talking to the coach, and the situation at that time was that we were under pressure. So our plan was that if we could score anything above 200, it would be very difficult to chase. We were very unlucky that all of the wickets fell suddenly, but we are confident that if we can go from 150 to 170-180, it will be difficult to chase because the behavior of the pitch is changing a lot.”

“Our plan was to get them out as soon as possible so that our lead would remain as much as possible because it will not be easy to bat on this pitch. And that’s what happened. We still believe that if we can get to 150 or 170, we are in the game.”

“Along with the behavior of the pitch, I would also say that some of our batsmen were unlucky. Some got very good balls in the second inning, like what happened with Abdullah Shafiq. According to the pitch, the ball got him out. As soon as our openers were out, the morale definitely went a bit down.”

“Whether I am playing domestic or anywhere else, my effort is always the same. Even if runs are being scored, my batting position is such that I want to keep myself on it. Whether we are one down for 250 runs or six down for 50, even then I don’t go try to bat up the order; my effort is always to do as much work as I can on this spot so that I can hold the game a little bit.”​

Again Pakistan may not win a single Test in Australia in this ongoing series , but this three-test match series against Australia was phenomenal for Aamer Jamal. Probably we have unearthed a gem allrounder.

IMG-20240105-WA0078.jpg

This guy is a brave heart, knows how to fight!

I am sure he wil become a very good all rounder accross formats

Aamer Jamal goes unsold

Pakistan allrounder Aamer Jamal is in at US$ 20,000. Unsold in LPL auction 2024.

Back