[VIDEOS] "I am happy that I got failures in my early stage. Now I know what standards I have to reach": Saim Ayub

Saim Ayub's bowling has been a revelation and he is getting wickets as well. His batting form has been good as well. Definitely deserves a longer run.

Saim has hit the most sixes in PSL 9 so far. He smashed 21 sixes in 11 innings.

Youngest Pakistanis to reach 100 T20 sixes

Saim Ayub - 21 years, 297 days

Haider Ali - 22 years, 259 days

Shadab Khan - 24 years, 30 days

Azam Khan - 24 years, 42 days

Other than Imad wasim we have found another new ball bowler Saim Ayub who can get u wickets with the new ball in Powerplays.

m9rgwm3.png

His bowling was the surprise package of the tournament. It was a genius move by Babar, the best captain of the tournament.

I was very impressed with the way he managed his weak bowling resources.

Saim Ayub while giving interview to Zalmi TV:

In the first innings of the Sydney test, I got out for zero. When I came to bat in the second innings all Australians were saying, "hoping for a couple" (expecting me to get out for zero again). When Starc passed by and bowled 1 or 2 balls to Abdullah Shafique, I said to him [Starc], "BRO, Why are you Bowling Slow in the 2nd innings? I think you are Tired." The next ball Abdullah was CLEAN BOWLED. Starc looked towards me and I turned my face the other way.

He should be fully backed alongside Abdullah Shafique to be our openers across all formats over the next few years.

Saim Ayub while giving interview to Zalmi TV:

In the first innings of the Sydney test, I got out for zero. When I came to bat in the second innings all Australians were saying, "hoping for a couple" (expecting me to get out for zero again). When Starc passed by and bowled 1 or 2 balls to Abdullah Shafique, I said to him [Starc], "BRO, Why are you Bowling Slow in the 2nd innings? I think you are Tired." The next ball Abdullah was CLEAN BOWLED. Starc looked towards me and I turned my face the other way.
Saim: Bro why are you bowling so slow?

Starc after bowling Abdullah out: Ho gai tasali?

Saim: Yes sir 💀

That is the problem with most of our youngsters... they talk too much but never focus on their game to improve it.
Saim is such a joke to starc. One's an atg bowler who in 2015 was a literal nightmare to even Indian and South African greats and the other in the apex of his career is deciding if he should play the ball with his eyes closed or eyes open aka the no look shot.

Infact a burnt out end of the line starc that he has been reduced to now unfortunately is still better then our entire bowling unit in terms of pacers.

Sharam karo, a dead soon to be retired stark is still above young lads like abass afridi. He's not just above, he's an entire millennium above.

Saim needs some more failures so his story can become enthralling like that of Chris Benoit, he needs to go down a few more times so he can rise from the ashes and have his WM 20 moment

Saim needs some more failures so his story can become enthralling like that of Chris Benoit, he needs to go down a few more times so he can rise from the ashes and have his WM 20 moment
He’s going to come through against India

Left handed Pakistani openers always do

Saim is such a joke to starc. One's an atg bowler who in 2015 was a literal nightmare to even Indian and South African greats and the other in the apex of his career is deciding if he should play the ball with his eyes closed or eyes open aka the no look shot.

Infact a burnt out end of the line starc that he has been reduced to now unfortunately is still better then our entire bowling unit in terms of pacers.

Sharam karo, a dead soon to be retired stark is still above young lads like abass afridi. He's not just above, he's an entire millennium above.
Did you not see how he got treated by Fakhar?

He’s going to come through against India

Left handed Pakistani openers always do

Am not convinced they will back him until then, if he doesn’t get a score against England, King Kukar and Molvi Saab will use that to rekindle their love story at the top

Am not convinced they will back him until then, if he doesn’t get a score against England, King Kukar and Molvi Saab will use that to rekindle their love story at the top
That's why I would hope they play Usman and pray that he performs.

Did you not see how he got treated by Fakhar?
2 things.

A) Fakhar onsong is the greatest pakistani batsmen. No one comes close to him since the past 15 years, and that's a fact. Problem with falhar is he's inconsistent. He's a player who either is switched on or off. That's it. Switched on falhar will smash a 193 from an impossible position or bully new Zealand to the point that they can't even defend a drs run chase with 400 on the board.

No pakistani and certainly no saim ayub is ever coming close to that. Lol at saim ayub hitting a 100 in a final or ever hitting a 200 score. Saim isn't hitting a 200 even against Uganda.

B) Stark's golden years were 2014-2015 where he was unplayable. And current stark is > all pur bowlers deapite being a burnt corpse atm.

Yes, but with Saim.

We need two dashers up front like most good teams. Not one dasher and one T20 opener fraud
You should probs quote what amjid javed said so these guys can understand.

Saim isn't a hero by any means but he and usman khan aren't THAT BAD.

the problem is the mentality. It's clear as daylights babar is telling saim

" Bro you gotta go from ball 1, do it for me please, because I can't do it"

Theirs not really any support sadly at the other end. He doesn't have the luxury of finn Allen opening with Jim where he can take time and understand what he's doing wrong. It's clear his mindset is, Babar bhai wants me to attack and be the aggressor.

I disagree I think he is a good option at 4 he is left hander pluss he can play spinner as good as anyone.
Then why did you remind me of an in ings in test where fakhar bashed stark? What was the logic behind that?

I thought you showed me that to make a point as to why he should open when stark bowls to him assuming Pakistan makes it to super 8?

In T20 cricket

You go BANG BANG right from the word go.

Not this pathetic strategy in which Pakistan are playing one aggressor and one consolidator like the year 1995/6 when the 15 over powerplay rule was introduced and you saw the likes of Jaysuriya emerge.

In 2024…you GO HARD all the way!

I am being realistic in wanting to go with the right strategy and not the dreamland Pakistan is feeding you guys

The right strategy doesn't mean a one size fits all approach. PCT is built differently from other teams and we have our own challenges to overcome. Just because others have openers averaging 30+ with strike rates of 150+ doesn't mean we have the same luxury. As they say in Punjabi - Pakki waekh ke kachi nahi dhai di

The right strategy doesn't mean a one size fits all approach. PCT is built differently from other teams and we have our own challenges to overcome. Just because others have openers averaging 30+ with strike rates of 150+ doesn't mean we have the same luxury. As they say in Punjabi - Pakki waekh ke kachi nahi dhai di
Then every strategy is automatically the wrong strategy for Pakistan.

Because the sides with 30 averages and 150+ sr are consistently winning and will beat Pakistan 9 out of 10 times.

Against nz in jan Pakistan beat them only once because they collapsed, in the same way 2019 England lost one game against Sri Lanka. Collapses happen to all teams.

So the right strategy is to wait and pray to Allah that a team has an offday? How many times will thay happen? On a tour or a cup?

Then why did you remind me of an in ings in test where fakhar bashed stark? What was the logic behind that?

I thought you showed me that to make a point as to why he should open when stark bowls to him assuming Pakistan makes it to super 8?
In tests ? Maybe you need to revisit that.

No.

I will not allow you guys who are happy with it to live in peace. I will constantly remind you all that you are supporting cricket wrongdoing.

Last edited by a moderator:
T20 World Cup 2021
2021 t20 world cup is not prime stark?

Bro what's your point? I don't get the whole point of your argument?

What are your arguing?

The 3 main argument are

- Insong fakhar is the greatest Pakistani batter in the past 15 years superior to any onsong batter including fraud no 1.

- 2015 stark is am ATG bowler who's near impossible to play and is superior to even Bumrah (again 2014-2015 stark)

- current burnt put corpse stark is superior to every single pakistani pacer atm and it isnt even a contest?

So what's your point?

2021 t20 world cup is not prime stark?

Bro what's your point? I don't get the whole point of your argument?

What are your arguing?

The 3 main argument are

- Insong fakhar is the greatest Pakistani batter in the past 15 years superior to any onsong batter including fraud no 1.

- 2015 stark is am ATG bowler who's near impossible to play and is superior to even Bumrah (again 2014-2015 stark)

- current burnt put corpse stark is superior to every single pakistani pacer atm and it isnt even a contest?

So what's your point?
Starc in t20s is okay nothing special.

In T20 cricket

You go BANG BANG right from the word go.

Not this pathetic strategy in which Pakistan are playing one aggressor and one consolidator like the year 1995/6 when the 15 over powerplay rule was introduced and you saw the likes of Jaysuriya emerge.

In 2024…you GO HARD all the way!

No you don't you play each ball on merit.

There will be moments when you come across top class bowlers who will bowl hostile stuff , how are you going go to bang bang quality bowling without looking like an idiot or throwing away your wicket.

Then every strategy is automatically the wrong strategy for Pakistan.

Because the sides with 30 averages and 150+ sr are consistently winning and will beat Pakistan 9 out of 10 times.

Against nz in jan Pakistan beat them only once because they collapsed, in the same way 2019 England lost one game against Sri Lanka. Collapses happen to all teams.

So the right strategy is to wait and pray to Allah that a team has an offday? How many times will thay happen? On a tour or a cup?

If you'd like to believe that sure. Facts say otherwise. Only 2 teams have a better h2h vs Pak and those are India and Eng. Everyone else we trump and we've never had any openers with 30 avg and 150+ strike rate. 9 out of 10 times lol where do you even get your numbers?

If you'd like to believe that sure. Facts say otherwise. Only 2 teams have a better h2h vs Pak and those are India and Eng. Everyone else we trump and we've never had any openers with 30 avg and 150+ strike rate. 9 out of 10 times lol where do you even get your numbers? I know your writing is bad but basic math too??
It is a known fact sides play 2nd string for IPL and leagues while Pakistan shove their face with full strength 24/7

Saim still has no idea what he is missing. He has set no standards yet that he should meet every game. He needs to come out of his dream and live in reality. Wake up before it is too late.

If you'd like to believe that sure. Facts say otherwise. Only 2 teams have a better h2h vs Pak and those are India and Eng. Everyone else we trump and we've never had any openers with 30 avg and 150+ strike rate. 9 out of 10 times lol where do you even get your numbers?

Please tell me your amazing formula that made you determine that Babar who ducks behind kushdil shah in a super over will cone out and hit 6 4's in a super over.

What's the mathematical equation behind that

Please tell me your amazing formula that made you determine that Babar who ducks behind kushdil shah in a super over will cone out and hit 6 4's in a super over.

What's the mathematical equation behind that

Babar just proved that his ceiling is higher than even 6 4's in an over. He hit four 6's in the last match taking 25 in the over. This is a fact. Yet you still doubt his capabilities.

Saim still has no idea what he is missing. He has set no standards yet that he should meet every game. He needs to come out of his dream and live in reality. Wake up before it is too late.
Lack of domestic cricket. It helps you develop your game in a relatively low pressure environment, discover your strengths and determine your scoring areas as batsman.
Needs to put in hard yards at domestic level. Learn from Rizwan he's a great example.

Lack of domestic cricket. It helps you develop your game in a relatively low pressure environment, discover your strengths and determine your scoring areas as batsman.
Needs to put in hard yards at domestic level. Learn from Rizwan he's a great example.
Saim does play domestic cricket and has scored heavily in the president's trophy and national t20 as well. Is he just a domestic or a league bully? SO far, the answer to this question is yes.

Babar just proved that his ceiling is higher than even 6 4's in an over. He hit four 6's in the last match taking 25 in the over. This is a fact. Yet you still doubt his capabilities.
The thing is, you know for a fact that you're being disingenuous because you know full well what kph bowlers they were bowling and what a small pitch it was.

Congratulations babar has proven himself to be in the same league as asif Ali, what an achievement.

Infact their only 135kph bowler mark adair was the only one babar and rizwan couldn't play and have the lowest sr against.

I have seen babar play since 2016 and since 2022 he has

- Averaged amongst the lowest in 2022 Asia cup as a batter

- AVERAGED THE LOWEST out of any opener including minnows like Zimbabwe and Nedtherlands averaging 17, and had he not been dropped on 0, he'd had a record average of 10 aka being the lowest in any tournament history.

- He has been memed for Nepal E Azam in Asia cup 2023.

- He's been horrificly poor in world cup 2023 where 23 year old young buds like rachin were putting mr No 1 greatest batter in the qorld to shame.

- He then proceeded to have a hilarious test series against Australia, amd his current performances are a joke. Yes their an actual joke if he needs his catches to be dropped to perform against hue level bowlers lmao.

Infact his only series he actually did play against a full strength side since 2021 excluding tournaments is this year in January against NZ which he did well against tbf, but bang average as a no 3.

So yes I doubt a batter's capability when he fails so much, I can understand if the team was poor and babar was the only star batter and was showing his class in the same way kane Williamson did in 2015 with a beyond brittle NZ batting lineup.

But instead Babar is one of the people who fails, infact in 2022 he did way worse then any of his teammates despite batting in top positions. No vibe of being PAKISTAN'S STAR BATSMEN was given.

Infact your own hero Bobby considers Fakhar as the X factor star batter for Pakistan and thinks saim is the one who can hold his hand for 80 in 5 overs while considering himself just an anchorer in the side. Lol

Saim does play domestic cricket and has scored heavily in the president's trophy and national t20 as well. Is he just a domestic or a league bully? SO far, the answer to this question is yes.
I think this is just a beginning for Sam. You learn a lot from failures. Till now he only had confidence in his game but now he has doubts too.
3-4 years of domestic cricket along with county stints and A tours will help him and if he is really has caliber, he will emerge as a much better player

I think this is just a beginning for Sam. You learn a lot from failures. Till now he only had confidence in his game but now he has doubts too.
3-4 years of domestic cricket along with county stints and A tours will help him and if he is really has caliber, he will emerge as a much better player
Saim has already played 20 t20 games and yet to score 50. His average is 15.8 and his strike rate is 130. 20 games is a good number to be judged as a player.

The thing is, you know for a fact that you're being disingenuous because you know full well what kph bowlers they were bowling and what a small pitch it was.

Congratulations babar has proven himself to be in the same league as asif Ali, what an achievement.

Infact their only 135kph bowler mark adair was the only one babar and rizwan couldn't play and have the lowest sr against.

You've conveniently ignored the fact, and the maths, that we scored 2 runs against the mighty Zimbabwe in a super over. And here you're calling me disingenuous for praising Babar's hitting abilities.

Babar is 100x the batter Asif Ali ever was. Not to down play Asif as he could hit from ball one and imo is the missing link in our lower order, but he's no where close to the consistency that Babar does it with. Just you mentioning Babar and Asif in the same sentence means that one you don't understand different roles in cricket and two Babar can hit equally good as Asif. The first I can't help you with but the 2nd is somewhat true as Babar has a similar strike rate to one of our renowned power hitters.

Goes back to understanding roles. Adair starts bowling in the PP when our openers feel out the pitch and conditions. They're not afraid to take him on, as evident by Rizwan's offside six against him in the 2nd match.

Also it's an age old concept in cricket to give respect to the opposition's best bowler and to target weak links. That's just how cricket is played.

I have seen babar play since 2016 and since 2022 he has

- Averaged amongst the lowest in 2022 Asia cup as a batter

- AVERAGED THE LOWEST out of any opener including minnows like Zimbabwe and Nedtherlands averaging 17, and had he not been dropped on 0, he'd had a record average of 10 aka being the lowest in any tournament history.

- He has been memed for Nepal E Azam in Asia cup 2023.

- He's been horrificly poor in world cup 2023 where 23 year old young buds like rachin were putting mr No 1 greatest batter in the qorld to shame.

- He then proceeded to have a hilarious test series against Australia, amd his current performances are a joke. Yes their an actual joke if this mofo needs his catches to be dropped to perform against hue level bowlers lmao.

Infact his only series he actually did play against a full strength side since 2021 excluding tournaments is this year in January against NZ which he did well against tbf, but bang average as a no 3.

So yes I doubt a batter's capability when he fails so much, I can understand if the team was poor and babar was the only star batter and was showing his class in the same way kane Williamson did in 2015 with a beyond brittle NZ batting lineup.

But instead Babar is one of the people who fails, infact in 2022 he did way worse then any of his teammates despite batting in top positions. No vive of being PAKISTAN'S STAR BATSMEN was given.

All I'll say is whether you support Babar or not, it doesn't make an iota of a difference. He will go down as our best batter ever and that's simply a reality.

Infact your own hero Bobby considers Fakhar as the X factor star batter for Pakistan and thinks saim is the one who can hold his hand for 80 in 5 overs while considering himself just an anchorer in the side. Lol

Fakhar is an X factor hence why he's persisted with. And Babar is supporting him so what's there to criticize? Did Saim come tell you that Babar asked him to play that way?

Saim has already played 20 t20 games and yet to score 50. His average is 15.8 and his strike rate is 130. 20 games is a good number to be judged as a player.
Players don't develop in T20. Likes of klaasen , SKY , Babar , Rizwan , Markram, Buttler all have played 80+ FC games.

There's a reason why Aus didn't pick a sensation like Fraser Mcgurk. They want him to develop further

You've conveniently ignored the fact, and the maths, that we scored 2 runs against the mighty Zimbabwe in a super over. And here you're calling me disingenuous for praising Babar's hitting abilities.

Babar is 100x the batter Asif Ali ever was. Not to down play Asif as he could hit from ball one and imo is the missing link in our lower order, but he's no where close to the consistency that Babar does it with. Just you mentioning Babar and Asif in the same sentence means that one you don't understand different roles in cricket and two Babar can hit equally good as Asif. The first I can't help you with but the 2nd is somewhat true as Babar has a similar strike rate to one of our renowned power hitters.

Goes back to understanding roles. Adair starts bowling in the PP when our openers feel out the pitch and conditions. They're not afraid to take him on, as evident by Rizwan's offside six against him in the 2nd match.

Also it's an age old concept in cricket to give respect to the opposition's best bowler and to target weak links. That's just how cricket is played.

All I'll say is whether you support Babar or not, it doesn't make an iota of a difference. He will go down as our best batter ever and that's simply a reality

Fakhar is an X factor hence why he's persisted with. And Babar is supporting him so what's there to criticize? Don't be so bitter where you make up imaginary scenarios. Did Saim come tell you that Babar asked him to play that way?
And you're forgetting the fact that it was your Hero MISBAH UL HAQ, who made the amazing decison to send in Kushdil Shah, Chacha and Fakhar at no 3 to play a super over. COACH dekho apna. If Pakistan gets another super over, Bobby ain't sending himself, coward is sensing azam, Chacha and fakhar or maybe shadab in place of fakhar but certainly not himself.

Go on, explain why Misbah did it, why your legend made that decison. ill wait.

I guess you don't understand sarcasm, what did I expect, when did I compare them in the same league? Both asif and babar have the same achievements, in the same way Babar is greater captain then Uganda captain HAHAHAHA.

And you're disingenuous forgetting the fact that it was your Hero MISBAH UL HAQ, who made the amazing decison to send in Kushdil Shah, Chacha and Fakhar at no 3 to play a super over. COACH dekho apna. If Pakistan gets another super over, Bobby ain't sending himself, coward is sensing azam, Chacha and fakhar or maybe shadab in place of fakhar but certainly not himself.

Go on, explain why Misbah did it, why your legend made that decison. ill wait.

I guess youndont understand sarcasm, what did I expect, when did I compare them in the same league? Both asif and babar have the same achievements, in the same way Babar is greater captain then Uganda captain HAHAHAHA.

Your stance has become more confusing as earlier you were making fun of me for suggesting Babar for a super over, now you're calling him a coward for not promoting himself for one (hypothetically)? Do you want him in a super over scenario or not, which is it?

As for Misbah I'm sure he came to a realization after that horrible show that our power hitters can't be relied upon in any scenario. Might have played a part in why Rizwan was promoted to opening as well. And Misbah is a big believer in power hitters. He even brought Sharjeel back to open in his last series

There will be moments when you come across top class bowlers who will bowl hostile stuff , how are you going go to bang bang quality bowling without looking like an idiot or throwing away your wicket.
So you are not supposed to have two aggressive openers in T20 cricket?

Travis head, finn Allen, rohit sharma(prime), David Warner(Prime)

These guys have no issues? Also what quality? How is NZ c team bowling wuality? Bracewell is the stigma mark of spin bowling for Babar?

Enough of this useless player. He is not good enough.

Time to bring back Mohammad haris and fakhar zaman as openers.

Haris is much better than this overhyped hack and fakhar zaman should always open.

Travis head, finn Allen, rohit sharma(prime), David Warner(Prime)

These guys have no issues? Also what quality? How is NZ c team bowling wuality? Bracewell is the stigma mark of spin bowling for Babar?

Babar and rizwan have scored runs against c team bowling

Something your saim has yet to do that's why he's averaging 15.

First get him to start bashing c teams before you start on about bang banging top bowlers

First get him to start bashing c teams before you start on about bang banging top bowlers
Na. Our boy will smash a proper bowling attack and at the right pace. It will happen InshaAllah

He's not my Saim. I don't own him, and I advocated for saim to be dropped. As I said 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Bring in hasebullah to open for all i care. No wrong will ever make a right

I’m sure that’s what you would like so Rizwan Bradman can breath easy

Remind us who was the top run scorer for pakistan in Ireland series.

Rizwan will keep breaking records best wicketkeeping batsmen in pakistans history

Although he has to relinquish duties for the moin khans son who will soon be exposed behind the stumps when he starts dropping catches but then again he has no choice but to wicketkeep because the captain can't hide such an unfit monstrosity on the field.

Back