[VIDEOS] "I am happy that I got failures in my early stage. Now I know what standards I have to reach": Saim Ayub

Being put under pressure by the seniors asking him to go all out from ball 1 while they keep their wicket safe on the other side. Should let him play his natural game.

Kirsten has joined the team today hopefully he will fix that
Since Saim's debut

Babar Azam SR 144
Rizwan 137
Saim 130

Babar and Rizwan score runs too 😃

Since Saim's debut

Babar Azam SR 144
Rizwan 137
Saim 130

You guys need to learn failures decrease sr.

It's such a disingenuous way of looking at things since all of saim 40's that he's scores are played at a much much much higher sr then babar and rizwan.

Yes saim fails but the alarming thing is how often like 90 % of the time babar and rizwan reach 40 of 30 to 33 deliveries in t20.

You guys need to learn failures decrease sr.

It's such a disingenuous way of looking at things since all of saim 40's that he's scores are played at a much much much higher sr then babar and rizwan.

Yes saim fails but the alarming thing is how often like 90 % of the time babar and rizwan reach 40 of 30 to 33 deliveries in t20.
U mean saim ayub scoring 10 runs at 130 SR is better than Babar Azam scoring fifties at 140 SR.
Also it's because Rizwan and Babar that saim's been a failure.

U mean saim ayub scoring 10 runs at 130 SR is better than Babar Azam scoring fifties at 140 SR.
Also it's because Rizwan and Babar that saim's been a failure.
Never said that. Nice try on shifting the conversation amd attacking an argument I never made.

Saim sucks and is bad no doubt, but don't distort reality. Anytime saim has reached 40 his sr has been in 140-150.

As for your ba/riz, lol at them arriving at 140 just because they managed to do it on a schoolboy pitch in Ireland.

Their avg is usually 40 of 31. Again distorting reality

Never said that. Nice try on shifting the conversation amd attacking an argument I never made.

Saim sucks and is bad no doubt, but don't distort reality. Anytime saim has reached 40 his sr has been in 140-150.

As for your ba/riz, lol at them arriving at 140 just because they managed to do it on a schoolboy pitch in Ireland.

Their avg is usually 40 of 31. Again distorting reality
Babar Azam last 7 50+ scores

101 at 174 SR
57 / 162
66/153
58/156
69/ 156
57/132
75/178

Talk about distorting the reality.

Last 2 scores against Ireland whom you were backing to win the series

Since Saim's debut

Babar Azam SR 144
Rizwan 137
Saim 130

I just want to ask is cricket played on paper? And does only 1 person bat at a time or do batsmen play together?

Sometimes I feel your watching a different sport so just making sure it is cricket you watch

I just want to ask is cricket played on paper? And does only 1 person bat at a time or do batsmen play together?

Sometimes I feel your watching a different sport so just making sure it is cricket you watch
I understand what you are trying to say. It's when saim and Rizwan/babar are together that Rizwan/Babar bat slowly and force Saim to take all the risks? And they do this very deliberately.

I understand what you are trying to say. It's when saim and Rizwan/babar are together that Rizwan/Babar bat slowly and force Saim to take all the risks? And they do this very deliberately.

Who on earth plays 19 off 18 balls in a power play while the other batsman is scoring 25 off 10? This forces the latter to take unnecessary risks to try to achieve a respectable power play total.

It doesn't matter what the first player's strike rate is after 14 overs; the key moment was missed.

Yes, it's deliberate because this strategy is decided in team meetings by the captain, with one player holding one end and the other swinging at every ball.

Another thing averages won't show you is momentum. When both players are attacking, it prevents the bowler from settling, increases the likelihood of mistakes, and impacts the bowler's performance.

These aspects won't appear in stats. Cricket isn't played on paper, which is why it's important to consider the context of every match situation.

101 at 174 SR
57 / 162
66/153
58/156
69/ 156
57/132
75/178

Nice stats but could you show us what his strike rate was at the beginning of the overs in power play vs his strike rate at the end

101 at 174 SR
57 / 162
66/153
58/156
69/ 156
57/132
75/178

Th2 Ireland scores are achieved on school boy pitches, so I don't understand why you're getting so hyped up. Also for Ireland again you're distorting reality.

I said if Pakistan chases they win, if the bat first they lose. I said that since the start and @emranabbas can vouch for me on what I said since he was their, so can Ali T and cricket warrior and a few other posters who were their before the start of the first t20.

As for the other scores, Can you show me the teams and dates? Because I don't recall babar playing any t20 after the NZ 2023 series which was against c string, I recall the 69 score against c string NZ lol.

That's the issue with Bobby, he keeps playing c and d string, no wonder his stats are low against India because that's the only team that he's never had the luxury to play b string as India amd Pakistan only meet during tournaments.

By this logic Azam Khan is a million times superior to babar, as he struck at 300 sr against Ireland and went not out 2x. However if I used this argument against you, you'd say something like Azam Khan? That fat babloo? What about his past scores?

Ya well what about Bobby's scores against full strength sides? Shall I exposed that 17 avg? Thought so.

Bobby may start slow and increase his sr against weaker teams but his 39 of 34 against top sides will always shine through 100% of the time.

Th2 Ireland scores are achieved on school boy pitches, so I don't understand why you're getting so hyped up. Also for Ireland again you're distorting reality.

I said if Pakistan chases they win, if the bat first they lose. I said that since the start and @emranabbas can vouch for me on what I said since he was their, so can Ali T and cricket warrior and a few other posters who were their before the start of the first t20.

As for the other scores, Can you show me the teams and dates? Because I don't recall babar playing any t20 after the NZ 2023 series which was against c string, I recall the 69 score against c string NZ lol.

That's the issue with Bobby, he keeps playing c and d string, no wonder his stats are low against India because that's the only team that he's never had the luxury to play b string as India amd Pakistan only meet during tournaments.

By this logic Azam Khan is a million times superior to babar, as he struck at 300 sr against Ireland and went not out 2x. However if I used this argument against you, you'd say something like Azam Khan? That fat babloo? What about his past scores?

Ya well what about Bobby's scores against full strength sides? Shall I exposed that 17 avg? Thought so.

Bobby may start slow and increase his sr against weaker teams but his 39 of 34 against top sides will always shine through 100% of the time.
And who do the other Pak players play against. They don't perform against anyone they play 😃

Who on earth plays 19 off 18 balls in a power play while the other batsman is scoring 25 off 10? This forces the latter to take unnecessary risks to try to achieve a respectable power play total.

It doesn't matter what the first player's strike rate is after 14 overs; the key moment was missed.

Yes, it's deliberate because this strategy is decided in team meetings by the captain, with one player holding one end and the other swinging at every ball.

Another thing averages won't show you is momentum. When both players are attacking, it prevents the bowler from settling, increases the likelihood of mistakes, and impacts the bowler's performance.

These aspects won't appear in stats. Cricket isn't played on paper, which is why it's important to consider the context of every match situation.
Can you provide me the stats? Because you seem more adamant on proving Babar and Riz are responsible for Saim failures.

Even if I agree Babar and Riz play slowly initially, why do you want role reversals? Why do you want saim to be provided the cushion while Riz/bab take risks?
Don't you want someone who can come a blast the opposition away and then cause frauds Babar and Rizwan do be dropped from the side?

And who do the other Pak players play against. They don't perform against anyone they play 😃
Babar scored 3 quick fifties against NZ in aNz best side after saim debut. But tell me he was responsible for saim's failures there too

Babar scored 3 quick fifties against NZ in aNz best side after saim debut. But tell me he was responsible for saim's failures there too
Saim is the reason why Babar is playing in his correct position

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide me the stats? Because you seem more adamant on proving Babar and Riz are responsible for Saim failures.

Even if I agree Babar and Riz play slowly initially, why do you want role reversals? Why do you want saim to be provided the cushion while Riz/bab take risks?
Don't you want someone who can come a blast the opposition away and then cause frauds Babar and Rizwan do be dropped from the side?

Are you serious about wanting stats for a strategy? 🤣

Next, you'll be asking for stats on how players walk out, how many steps they take, and whether they put their left foot or right foot in the crease first. Like I mentioned, cricket isn't played on paper.

Who mentioned role reversals? This isn't an ODI; it's T20, and both ends need to attack.

Real question is why rizwan and babar should get the cushion and play risk free t20 while every other play has to go all out from ball one

If you've watched at least the last 10 Pakistan matches on TV (not on paper, please), even a 5-year-old could tell you Babar's strategy because it's the same every single game. and it's been the same for the past 4 years

First off in odi fakhar is just genuinely superior by miles. No contest. Infact in 2023 I believe he has like 3 monster scores that are already > all of Bobby's career.

Secondly babar and rizwan occupy key positions which are the most lucrative to score.

In odi let's look at the facts we have

1) Fakhar (Gun player with the most impact scores)
2) Abdullah/ Imam (2 guys who have centuries under their belts)
3) Babar
4) Rizwan

After this we have no 5, no 6 and no 7, which play fewer overs, have to accelerate more and are naturally gonna avg lower.

5) Saud shakeel/ Agha salman (If you expect these 2 to hit as many centuries or avg as high at the top 4 from this position then you're delusional)
6) Shadab (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
7) CHACHA (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Infact inad at no 7 has an avg of 42 and Sr of 110 which is ironically still to this date superior to our no 4, the only argument people have is that imad stat padded at this no, Well newsflash his highest score is against the strongest prime England team at no 7. Also hypocritical to bring up these no's of stat padding when Nepal E Azam is right around the corner.

Now let's look at t20

1) Saim (He's been poor yes, but again a small sample pool)
2) Rizwan
3) Babar

After this no 4, no 5, no 6 and no 7 don't get to play enough overs so it's not like they'll ever avg higher then Bobby and rizzu who occupy top 1 amd 3.

Infact the few times people have gotten the opportunity to bat higher like haris at no 3, he played am entire tournament better then Bobby and rizzu?

The only counter argument people have is Afghanistan t20 series where we lost 2-1 and bhai, Afghanistan humiliated us Black and blue in 2023, we were only winning against them due to their chockes and pure luck. Babar and rizwan being included didn't do anything.

Logically without asif in 2021, Without naseem shah in 2022 and 2023, without umar akmal in 2014 and without imad wasim in 2019, All these games were lost, Afghanistan would have all these dubs against us and we'd have beaten them only 3x fairly in all these 10 years while they would have 8 wins against us in the last 10.

Babar and rizwan's inclusion did nothing, it was always other people that saved us with Afghanistan chocking and throwing it away. Not that they've forgone the chocking tag, their superior to us due to their spin department + more explosive batting.

You have no arguments so you resorting to emoji insults means nothing

Are you serious about wanting stats for a strategy? 🤣

Next, you'll be asking for stats on how players walk out, how many steps they take, and whether they put their left foot or right foot in the crease first. Like I mentioned, cricket isn't played on paper.

Who mentioned role reversals? This isn't an ODI; it's T20, and both ends need to attack.

Real question is why rizwan and babar should get the cushion and play risk free t20 while every other play has to go all out from ball one

If you've watched at least the last 10 Pakistan matches on TV (not on paper, please), even a 5-year-old could tell you Babar's strategy because it's the same every single game. and it's been the same for the past 4 years

Nice stats but could you show us what his strike rate was at the beginning of the overs in power play vs his strike rate at the end
You wanted the stats not me

Ye and you still not provided me with babars and rizwans stats in the powerplay so the strike rates your showing us don't mean anything without context
Why should I provide the stats? You want to prove babar and Rizwan as frauds not me. You are fighting for justice not me. Do some work

Why should I provide the stats? You want to prove babar and Rizwan as frauds not me. You are fighting for justice not me. Do some work
I replied to your post where your flexing babars stats So it's you who is trying to prove something and because you have no answers and don't want to flex with babars poor power play strike rate blame it on me 🤣🤣

I replied to your post where your flexing babars stats So it's you who is trying to prove something and because you have no answers and don't want to flex with babars poor power play strike rate blame it on me 🤣🤣
Hahaha. Onus is on you too. Keep fighting for justice 👍

Fakhar is doing much better at 4 than he ever did as an opener
This argument is so dishonest because

A) When fakhar opened Pakistan was already ranked no 1, so whatever he was doing was fine for the team as it was winning regardless of form. Infact 29 wins, 3 losses only before misbah entered and proceeded to lose 5 on the dot.

B) Fakhar hasn't even opened for 4 years, it's such a long time now, that the past statistics are beyond irrelevant. Hafeez was absolutely trash from 2003 to 2010, so by this logic let's use that claim to say that shadab is a better allrounder? And ignore his 2016 form after?

C) even your faulty statistics show fakhar is best when wickets fall early and he comes in the PP, he takes time to settle but makes up for it. People have seem what falhar can do if he plays tons of deliveries, he gets monster scores that babar and rizwan and frankly no one in pur dugout will ever be capable of doing.

So why on earth would you lot ever go out of your way to protect babar and rizwan? Knowing full well they can't do it? But fakhar if given enough deliveries and if he sticks long enough can since him performing and hitting monster totals means instant victory?

Cricket is not a stat or a piece of paper that you shove into someone and expect them to say oh okay you're absolutely correct. If stats was the only thing people looked at then

- Imam ul haq would be miles superior to inzimam ul haq, but obviously that's not true due to era's which stats doesn't take into account.

- Pakistan in 2023 would be the greatest odi cricket team in the world: But obviously that reality was exposed because Pakistan was butchering c string sides on pindi pitches curated by Babar and ramiz to have zero grass cause Bobby is to afraid of genuine swing and spin.

- Quinton de kock is a goat batsmen at chasing. Don't get me wrong quinton is am atg if he bats first, but chasing wise he's garbage, you wouldnt include him in the playing 11 if youre chasing, bat first you would include him yes, but stats won't tell you that, so you wouldn't pick butler for chasing and would pick quinton instead.

Get over this piece of paper nonsense.

Game is tomorrow?

Just like Babar and Rizwan can feature in every side of the world according to their cheerleaders
Oh it's tmr, bro Australia to England time zones are so confusing since it'll be 23rd over here while in England it'll still be 22nd May lol.

I have to watch every game at 3:30 am 😄.

Oh it's tmr, bro Australia to England time zones are so confusing since it'll be 23rd over here while in England it'll still be 22nd May lol.

I have to watch every game at 3:30 am 😄.
Most likely no game. Wouldn’t waste your sleep.

On this day in 2002, Saim Ayub was born.

In 20 T20 International matches, he has scored a total of 284 runs, with a strike rate of 130.87.

In the Pakistan Super League, 30 matches and amassed a whopping 800 runs! At a strike rate of 150.94

Happy Birthday to him and best of luck for the upcoming World Cup campaign.

Back