“Misbah-ul-Haq told me that I could do best at fourth or fifth batting position in T20Is”: Fakhar Zaman

He wasn't SCORING more runs then him, He was doing much worse in the middle.

He replaced him an an opener despite having a worse avg and worse sr.

Falhar cannot ever be logically dropped due to his insane white ball cricket scores which > what anyone in our entire circuit can achieve.

Him being unable to replicate it for t20 doesn't mean you don't try and back him I stead of a serial loser who can barely go over 110 sr against Amy decent team.

Any logical team would have dropped and axed these 2 after 2022 asia cup and world cup. Its only misbah clique who defends it.

Fakhar atleast has the whole maybe if he performs then he'll play an unbeatable innings. Same can and will never be said for Rizwan irrespective of what he does in t20.

In odi and test its a different story where rizwan's anchoring is useless though.
lol when you comapred an avg of 50 with an avg of 20 that means scoring more runs.

Rizwan out performed Fakhar and for that Rizwan was given an ward from the ICC.

T20 cricketer of the year award was given, but three years later we still have fans arguing nahi nahi fakhar shouldd had been opening because we assume he hits boundaries.

lol only.

an avg of 40 is a great thing in odi and test
come on bro its not the 90's anymore world class players need to be in their 50's :D

the kohli's, the smiths, the roots, the williamsons, are all 50+ or touching 50's

interesting.
I have noticed that alot of these posters here are posting false stats. Thanks for posting the reality bro
that was nice filtering done by @shariqnoor to make Fakhar look better in the middle order bit its was exposed few posts later

but under Misbah ul haq coaching fakhar was playing at #3 so why didnt he make this change during his tenure?
Probably thought we are England cricket team and we have 6-7 gun players all capable of playing everywhere

Biggest white ball Jahaaz mind in the history of cricket is Misbah

come on bro its not the 90's anymore world class players need to be in their 50's :D

the kohli's, the smiths, the roots, the williamsons, are all 50+ or touching 50's
Root does not touch 50
Steve Smith avgs 43 in odis.

There are only a few cricketers that avg in 50+

40 avg has always been the bench mark in test and odi. You above that you are very good.

However in T20 the benchmark is in the 30s cause

Root does not touch 50
Steve Smith avgs 43 in odis.

There are only a few cricketers that avg in 50+

40 avg has always been the bench mark in test and odi. You above that you are very good.

However in T20 the benchmark is in the 30s cause

I feel that in T20's the benchmark should be 140+ sr instead of 30 average.
I mean you need to have both in T20's to be considered great

Bro he's a wicket keeper. He falls in category of all-rounders. I highly doubt any other keeper has ever averaged 40's in all three formats

ALot of people arguing uselessly here.

Fakhar was the main t20 opener and was only moved when he could not perform as opener and sucked. He was given repeated chances and even at 1 down, Fakhar was given more leverage than any player with his non performance because whenever he didnt perform, we got the same whiny story that oh its not his position so dont critisize him if he does bad. Fakhar took that excuse for a joy ride.

When Rizwan replaced Fakhar as opener, Rizwan not only backed it up with performance, but won an ICC T20 player of the year award. Now go fight with ICC for giving him that award, because that award itself was enough to say that the decision was a right one.

3 years later, still the same lame argument. Someone socring 300runs is better than someone scoring 1000 runs.. why? Because of fan and hater relationship of some people.

So where will we put Azam Khan and Iftikhar then?
I believe Azam Khan will be sidelined for some time, we have options like Imad, Irfan Khan Niazi, and Fakhar for the number 4 position. Meanwhile, Usman, Saim and Babar will be opening, leaving no room for Rizwan in the lineup either.

more or less everyone is fighting for a spot

lol when you comapred an avg of 50 with an avg of 20 that means scoring more runs.

Rizwan out performed Fakhar and for that Rizwan was given an ward from the ICC.

T20 cricketer of the year award was given, but three years later we still have fans arguing nahi nahi fakhar shouldd had been opening because we assume he hits boundaries.
No 1: First of read what I said, he was in middle order, his avg and sr was lower then fakhar at opening. Much lower, he was given the chance ti open because of misbah and yes its out of the blue because misbah has a habit of doing things out of the blue such as having imam be a t20 opener or bringing irfan out if a retirement home or having your no 1 t20 rank team include shehzad and akmal again.

Secondly I guess you missed my post or deliberately did not read it, but I'll copy paste your Mr Icc award of the year.

This is what I said, please read it and don't avoid me cause I've already debunked every single argument you can portray towards said topic.

This is what people like you don't understand.

Fakhar is an X factor player, a reputation he has been given by anyone in the dugout including babar himself who agrees during the wc ghat fakhar when onsong is superior to himself.

Rohit sharma is t20 averages 31 with a sr of 139, the reason it's low is because in 2022 he was a virtual tailender. He was so horrifically bad that fans wanted him gone but management told the fans no, and that not only will he be captain he is Undroppable by any means, however the same priveldge wasn't given to Dhawan who was told either he's performing or he's being replaced by a younger lad who hit strike better then him key word strike.

Now ask yourself why? It's because when ROHIT is onsong his hitman reputation makes him undroppable, with wc 2023 proving why he cannot be dropped or replaced as an OPENER by any means nessasry, because he'll either utilise the PP or will settle and get that massive 150 to 200.

Rizwan and babar are anchorer type players, who are impactless against bigger teams, infacg they have garnered an entire reputation for just being soft run scorers in the long haul against teams.

Yesterday while analysing Babar the commentators noted that

Babar from overs 1-6 goes at a sr of 129 from overs 7-15 he slows down even further going at a sr of 110, from overs 16-20 he strikes at 212 but he rarely if ever reached 16-20 because he's an opener and will likely be dismissed before that, in fact ainxe 2022 he's only reached the 16th over as an opener once last year against c string NZ.

People like bavuma, Babar and rizwan, if they go out of form or stop performing their droppable because their only purpose which is soft scoring and avoiding a collapse, that purpose is finished,

The way they can be kept and selected is if they are Consistently performing and that HAS NOT HAPPENED.

Babar's avg from 2022 till 2024 in t20 has dropped from 48 to 40, and by next game if he doesn't get a 40, it'll drop to 39, showing his decline, rizwan is in a similar boat where he had an awful 2022 season and in2024 avg 33 with a sr of 110 on psl, and even last series complained in the media that he's losing form ever since the opening partnership was broken.

These 2 are anchorers ans anchors can be dropped if they are losing form as their useless and redundant now.

Fakhar on the other hand can NEVER BE DROPPED, and shouldn't be removed from opening, because he's proven he can play innings that babar and rizwan won't ever play in odi, issue with fakhar is he can't replicate it in t20 but you haven't given him the chance as last time he opened was in 2020, 4 years ago.

You can't drop falhar because theirs always the chance that maybe if he performs we'll get a rapid 60 ball 100 or a match winning monster score, something that babar and rizwan can't achieve on a world cup stage while fakhar has shown he can during a cup.

Only way you can make a case to drop fakhar is if he was so out of form that, now theirs a 0% chance he'll ever replicate his innings, however we know that's not the case as last year he has 3 impact 100's In odi, and just last game he was the best player and batter in general, infact his slow start at the beginning proves why he needs tonopen because he starts slow and easily makes up for it striking at over 150+ in the middle while babar and rizwan slow down in the middle going till 110.

It's not a difficult argument or head scratching process that people think it is.
Its like saying hey let's drop shahid afridi during his golden years a man whos inconsistent but can hit 45 ball 100's, for bavuma because bavuma soft scores more. It's a loony toon argument.

^^ Again please read all of this before crying and running away thanks.

ALot of people arguing uselessly here.

Fakhar was the main t20 opener and was only moved when he could not perform as opener and sucked. He was given repeated chances and even at 1 down, Fakhar was given more leverage than any player with his non performance because whenever he didnt perform, we got the same whiny story that oh its not his position so dont critisize him if he does bad. Fakhar took that excuse for a joy ride.

When Rizwan replaced Fakhar as opener, Rizwan not only backed it up with performance, but won an ICC T20 player of the year award. Now go fight with ICC for giving him that award, because that award itself was enough to say that the decision was a right one.

3 years later, still the same lame argument. Someone socring 300runs is better than someone scoring 1000 runs.. why? Because of fan and hater relationship of some people.
Again please read what I wrote ^^, Already addressed everything including Mr icc of the year award.

I feel that in T20's the benchmark should be 140+ sr instead of 30 average.
I mean you need to have both in T20's to be considered great
Look the odi and test benchmarks got set because of the 100 year old history. Till the 90s 30 was fine, but in the 2000s 30 avg was no more allowed and 40 became the bench mark..

Currently the standards for t20s are still developing, and i think it will take alteast 10-15 years more for the T20 standards to set.

Right now a 30 avg t20 standard is considered good enough in England, while in Pakistan it is still not acceptable.

Few years ago when 150-160 was a t20 target good enough to be defended, t20 was still being played like an ODI match. But than after 2019 the trend in t20 changed where the focus was having your main scoring players as openers and the rest of the squad being hit and miss players. Thus, alot of the high scorers of the tournament were top order players.

But than India came up with Surya Kumar Yadav and Rinku Singh who are scoring heavily from the middle and lower end, which again changes the dynamics of the game.

So in short, t20 standards will take time to set it.

The damage a T20 ICC individual award has done to Pakistan cricket is EXTREME

He will InshaAllah

Win Pakistan a World Cup

the fraud T20 individual champion isn’t capable of that
He already won us a Champtions Trophy, so even if he doesn't win us a WC, he is already a hero in my eyes

Bro he's a wicket keeper. He falls in category of all-rounders. I highly doubt any other keeper has ever averaged 40's in all three formats
Why are you applying the "all three formats" filter when I'm specifically discussing Tests?
It seems typical of Babar and Rizwan's cult followers to use filters to hide how rubbish rizwan is

Why are you applying the "all three formats" filter when I'm specifically discussing Tests?
It seems typical of Babar and Rizwan's cult followers to use filters to hide how rubbish rizwan is
Don't get agitated. Did I mention something that's not true?

He already won us a Champtions Trophy, so even if he doesn't win us a WC, he is already a hero in my eyes
And he is the correct type of champion player in this side.

Pakistan’s greatest white ball batsman of the modern era.

Misbah besharam fans should respect Fakhar. Otherwise they will suffer utter humiliation when those frauds who Misbah promoted are called out and exposed.

if fakhar was so good, he should go win it.......
@Rana Babar and rizwan had the chance to win asia cup and world cup in 2022 for their team despite both of them failing the whole tournament and being carried by haris and the middle order in general.

Please ask major what rizwan and chacha did in the only time they decided to actually perform in the asia cup final.

Also where did these 3 vanish off to during the 2022 t20 final ??

@Rana Babar and rizwan had the chance to win asia cup and world cup in 2022 for their team despite both of them failing the whole tournament and being carried by haris and the middle order in general.

Please ask major what rizwan and chacha did in the only time they decided to actually perform in the asia cup final.

Also where did these 3 vanish off to during the 2022 t20 final ??
They were probably all doing ring a ringa Rosies around Rizwan’s T20 player of the year award

Misbah destroyed the No.1 ranked T20 team after the 2019 world cup. He has always been a manipulative, cunning person. Fakhar career will be over if he fails at this position. This world cup is most likely his last.
Pakistan were a formidable T20 unit under Sarfaraz's leadership, winning 29 matches and losing only 5. However, when Misbah took over, bringing in Shehzad and Umar Akmal, Pakistan suffered a humiliating defeat to Sri Lanka's second string side. Sarfaraz was subsequently sacked.

While Pak under Babar has performed decently in T20Is compared to other formats, his W/L ratio against top teams (SENA, India) is still in the negative (20-21). Sarfaraz, on the other hand, has a spectacular record against superior sides (11 wins and 3 losses).

And then some fans want us to believe that without Misbah's masterstroke of making Rizwan an opener, Pakistan would have been struggling against lower-ranked sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
cApTaIn AzAm WiLl LoSe To Nz D iF hE wAnTs
But Captain is not a match winner according to you. Why couldn't Imad and Amir two GOAT match winners not prevent a loss against NZ Z?
The excuse of Babar and Rizwan wasting balls also doesn't apply

Pakistan were a formidable T20 unit under Sarfaraz's leadership, winning 29 matches and losing only 5. However, when Misbah took over, bringing in Shehzad and Umar Akmal, Pakistan suffered a humiliating defeat to Sri Lanka's second string side. Sarfaraz was subsequently sacked.

While Pak under Babar has performed decently in T20Is compared to other formats, his W/L ratio against top teams (SENA, India) is still in the negative (20-21). Sarfaraz, on the other hand, has a spectacular record against superior sides (11 wins and 3 losses).

And then some fans want us to believe that without Misbah's masterstroke of making Rizwan an opener, Pakistan would have been struggling against lower-ranked sides.
Sarfraz lost because misbah deliberately out of the blue decided to bring shehzad and akmal into the squad and irfan lol 😂😂.

Truth is misbah always hated sarfi, and so does major, the 2017 victory makes his blood boil and its pretty clear to see. Any one can see through it based of arguments hes made in support of 2015 wc but against 2017 CT.

In 2014 Sarfraz was the highest run scorer against Australia in odi and had the highest avg and sr as well. It was clear as day he was inform and was a must to replace akmal. Same with fawad alam.

The inclusion of YK over fawad I'm willing to give misbah a bit of leeway sure. But excluding sarfi put for 6 games and claiming sarfraz hasn't proved himself while hypocritally saying Nasir jamshed hasn't gotten chances despite jamshed not being able to get a single double digit score in 6 games shows his hypocrisy.

Misbah is genuinely the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen, in terms of hypocrisy he's more hypocritical then babar because Babar has made it abduantly clear what his intent is via opening and the nawaz tu hai mers match winner nonsense.

Misbah just denies things 24/7.

that was nice filtering done by @shariqnoor to make Fakhar look better in the middle order bit its was exposed few posts later
Stats exposed. Hahahaha. You really need comprehension skills my friend.

I said his middle order SR is 144. His number 4 SR is 166. Yet I "made him look better in the middle order". Lol. If anything, I made him look bad in the middle order by including his SR at number 5 and 6 where he's played just 3 innings.

I think people on this forum or pakistanis in general havant adapted to t20 format yet and are still stuck in the odi format.

There's a huge difference between the both formats.

Most people don't understand the power play rule and are not even aware how many fielders are outside the 30 yard circle and what sort of skill set is required from the batsmen during that phase.

you just can't rely on anyone who cant hit sixes to play the power play

most people are concerned about who scored the most rather than who has impacted the innings
Problem with Pakistan is the rigid approach toward batting.

Australia utilises head and Warner in the Pp and if these 2 get of to a flier, Maxwell and stones get promoted to 3 and 4.

But if these guys fail then Marsh comes in to anchor as obviously you cannot afford to collapse.

Pakistan is beyond rigid and atubborn in its approach. Theirs no shifting of the order? Imad is known as your highest striker, he deserved to come in and get promoted before chacha, You can make the case of imad being jeered at no 5 over shadab which is imad's overall psl batting no.

But babar is rigid on always having and bringing in set bats and set orders.

T20 doesn't work like that, you need to shuffle orders depending on what the openers do.

@Major

Interestingly, Rizwan averages 50 in T20s, where strike rate is crucial, yet only 40 in Tests and ODIs, where one would expect his average to be higher.
Avg of 40 in test and odi is fine tbh.

I don't mind rizwan in test. I mind him In odi yes, both he and babar cannot play one after the other. Only one of these needs to be a no 3.

Arguing over nothing.

Two Hondas that can't go past 140 but hit 140 every time vs a Beamer who has some firing issues but has a top speed of 260.

The winner (goal) is someone who touches 200 to win the race.

Yet fans continue to back the 140s because they hit 140 every time.

Yes, we can all clap for them vociferously but they still don't make it to the target line.

Arguing over nothing.

Two Hondas that can't go past 140 but hit 140 every time vs a Beamer who has some firing issues but has a top speed of 260.

Yes, we can all clap for them vociferously but they still don't make it to the target line.
Since 2022 their not even hitting 140.

Since 2022 babar avg has dropped from 48 to 40. And his Sr against spin has dropped all the way to 110, meaning overs 7-15 he now has a sr of 110 as shown yesterday , he's actually slower from overs 7 to 15 then overs 1 to 6.

Rizwan sr has failed from 122 to 110 recently.

It's more like hitting 80 now 😂

Fakhar career SR as opener: 136
Fakhar career SR in the middle order: 144

Fakhar SR in NZ T20's this year in the middle order: 166

But yes, he's better as an opener. :facepalm: This is why you never take PSL as a barometer for international performance. Bashing third-class bowlers in PSL as an opener doesn't translate into real cricket.
Players like narine score quick fire centuries in the ipl so what does that say about it.

Players who have played both leagues and coaches have said the PSL is far superior bowling wise.

Players like narine score quick fire centuries in the ipl so what does that say about it.

Players who have played both leagues and coaches have said the PSL is far superior bowling wise.
IPL is done for entertainment, its the most lucrative league to play for a money perspective.

And fans have come to see sixes being hit. They cater to said audiences.

Some people here seem to treat T20s as if they were Test matches. They get upset about Babar and Rizwan's batting positions, but Babar and Rizwan have plenty of opportunities to play in ODIs and Tests. Meanwhile, these T20 specialists only get a chance during this pyjama league, and yet fans of Babar and Rizwan still want to deprive them of even that opportunity.
Exactly, this format is for a bit of fun and putting bums on seats, nothing else. There's no value in celebrating high averages and no.1 rankings if it doesn't translate to success and wins.

You look around the world and people are striking 40 off 12 etc - this is the sort of standard that is required not Rizbar eating up balls so they can cut cake at the end of the match. These guys are over thinking it.

Yeah, these guys that are blasting may not last more than 20 balls or so but at least they've put runs 35+ runs on the board, better than trudging along at 30 balls scoring 30-35 runs leaving too much to do for the other batters.

I believe Azam Khan will be sidelined for some time, we have options like Imad, Irfan Khan Niazi, and Fakhar for the number 4 position. Meanwhile, Usman, Saim and Babar will be opening, leaving no room for Rizwan in the lineup either.

more or less everyone is fighting for a spot
I guess they may drop Usman if he doesn't deliver soon and that would be too bad for him.

Arguing over nothing.

When competing against Lamborghinis and Ferraris zooming at 200+ mph, only a fool would opt for a Honda Civic limited to 140 mph.

I don't care about IPL or PSL.

what I know is that our 2 openers can't score more than 50 in 6 overs on their BEST days in international games.

And our Mr. CAPTAIN says 170 target irrespective of the pitch so he can stat pad and doesn't have to play lofted shots to try to win.

The comfort zone is unbelievable.

IPL is done for entertainment, its the most lucrative league to play for a money perspective.

And fans have come to see sixes being hit. They cater to said audiences.
That is true from a marketing perspective but on the field from a cricketing point of view if a narine can bang a quick fire 100 the bowlers in that league must be trash.

The PSL has superior bowlers. No question.

I don't care about IPL or PSL.

what I know is that our 2 openers can't score more than 50 in 6 overs on their BEST days in international games.

And our Mr. CAPTAIN says 170 target irrespective of the pitch so he can stat pad and doesn't have to play lofted shots to try to win.

The comfort zone is unbelievable.
I would go Fakhar and Saim.

But i was responding to @shariqnoor post.

When competing against Lamborghinis and Ferraris zooming at 200+ mph, only a fool would opt for a Honda Civic limited to 140 mph.
Bro it's not even Honda civic anymore.

Babar avg and sr declined since 2022 so has rizwan. These last 2 years they've struggled way more them their golden 2021 days.

It's more like a farmer riding a donkey vs a ferrari.

I would go Fakhar and Saim to open however with him being destructive at 4 and no there being no better option then for team requirement purposes he should stay at 4.

Ideal scenario

Fakhar
Saim
Babar
Salman Ali : Scores tough runs, plays spin well and bowls off spin, excellent fielder and catcher. Has to be a permanent fixture.
Shadab
Azam
Ifti
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir

Saim and Imad need to be used in the bowling PP.

8 bowling options.

I would go Fakhar and Saim to open however with him being destructive at 4 and no there being no better option then for team requirement purposes he should stay at 4.

Ideal scenario

Fakhar
Saim
Babar
Salman Ali : Scores tough runs, plays spin well and bowls off spin, excellent fielder and catcher. Has to be a permanent fixture.
Shadab
Azam
Ifti
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir

Saim and Imad need to be used in the bowling PP.
Why Ifthikhar again 🤦🏽 why don’t fans learn

There is no credible replacement leading up to the WC in his position.

He has done ok recently considering he comes in when you have to hit out on most occasions.

Provide some alternatives options bro.
Salman Agha, Saud Shakeel Mohammed Harris (driving atm spelling probably wrong)

There is no credible replacement leading up to the WC in his position.

He has done ok recently considering he comes in when you have to hit out on most occasions.

Provide some alternatives options bro.
He has been bad! Really bad! He can’t play in USA! He should stay in Pakistan play local domestic cricket which he is very good at! Everyone in international knows how to get this fraud Chacha out

Salman Agha, Saud Shakeel Mohammed Harris (driving atm spelling probably wrong)
Good typing skills while driving bro :ROFLMAO:

Salman Ali I would have him at 3, Saud is not going to get a go at 7 bro and Haris who I rate highly isnt in the picture at the minute but he could play a cameo at 7 but he needs refining.

That is why I would go Ifti at 7.

Good typing skills while driving bro :ROFLMAO:

Salman Ali I would have him at 3, Saud is not going to get a go at 7 bro and Haris who I rate highly isnt in the picture at the minute but he could play a cameo at 7 but he needs refining.

That is why I would go Ifti at 7.
Ifti isn't a no 7, or a no 6, his career sr is 129, we saw how he played in 2022 Asia cup and last game.

Nor can chacha read wrist spin. If he could I wouldn't mind having him be a no 4 in odi only. But due to his lack of ability to read such a crucial element he's useless

Why Ifthikhar again 🤦🏽 why don’t fans learn
That's the problem, they never do. I've said it many times, I can't picture Pak winning the WC with Iftimania in the side. Why? It's just not going to happen. None of the big hitters will be playing old foggies that bat like a statue.

That's the problem, they never do. I've said it many times, I can't picture Pak winning the WC with Iftimania in the side. Why? It's just not going to happen. None of the big hitters will be playing old foggies that bat like a statue.
They call him iftimania yet I haven't really seen the fireworks.

Only saw them once last year during NZ series. But again another c team NZ on a pakistani batting pitch.

Considering the problems in Pakistan middle-order, Fakhar is best option be have atm for number 4.

Considering the problems in Pakistan middle-order, Fakhar is best option be have atm for number 4.
Tomorrow Shadab will fluke a 15 ball 30 and you will say that Shadab is the best option at numbers 3-5?

Tomorrow Shadab will fluke a 15 ball 30 and you will say that Shadab is the best option at numbers 3-5?
not 3 but yes, he can contribute at lower-middle order. He has the hunger to score and he did in the game earlier.

Same goes for Fakhar, he is looking good at 4. should stay there,

Last edited:
Ifti isn't a no 7, or a no 6, his career sr is 129, we saw how he played in 2022 Asia cup and last game.

Nor can chacha read wrist spin. If he could I wouldn't mind having him be a no 4 in odi only. But due to his lack of ability to read such a crucial element he's useless
Batting at 7 he s likely to face a max of 3 to 4 overs and no spinners.

Give some credible alternatives.

Here are the T20 stats for Number 7

Batting at 7 he s likely to face a max of 3 to 4 overs and no spinners.

Give some credible alternatives.

Here are the T20 stats for Number 7

Credible alternatives would be haris or Tayyab.

Tayyab who has a sr of 150 and avg of 42 in psl and during the emerging acc cup he was the best batter in a team that comprised of sain ayub, Shabzada farhan, Haris, Omair bin aziz etc etc.

You could also try Azam Khan their but he'd been poor in international so that's an issue and a liability in the field.

Imad is a good no 7 in odi but in t20 he shpuld be a 5.

You could also try haider Ali, he's been poor but in psl he was decent in one game and if its only 3 to 4 overs, slogging could be beneficial.

No 7 in t20 means 3 to 4 overs so you want a slogger at that position regardless of avg or form. Chacha sr at 129 is a liability.

Problem with out t20 team is babar, rizwan and chacha. Rizwan and babar avg and sr have been declining since 2022 with rizwan in 2024 avg 33 and sr of 110 with babar averaging less at opening and his sr falls to 110 in the middle overs, his sr at pp 1 has slightly improved though.

Chacha is also the same at 129.

These 3 aren't t20 players. Their odi players tbf.

Credible alternatives would be haris or Tayyab.

Tayyab who has a sr of 150 and avg of 42 in psl and during the emerging acc cup he was the best batter in a team that comprised of sain ayub, Shabzada farhan, Haris, Omair bin aziz etc etc.

You could also try Azam Khan their but he'd been poor in international so that's an issue and a liability in the field.

Imad is a good no 7 in odi but in t20 he shpuld be a 5.

You could also try haider Ali, he's been poor but in psl he was decent in one game and if its only 3 to 4 overs, slogging could be beneficial.

No 7 in t20 means 3 to 4 overs so you want a slogger at that position regardless of avg or form. Chacha sr at 129 is a liability.

Problem with out t20 team is babar, rizwan and chacha. Rizwan and babar avg and sr have been declining since 2022 with rizwan in 2024 avg 33 and sr of 110 with babar averaging less at opening and his sr falls to 110 in the middle overs, his sr at pp 1 has slightly improved though.

Chacha is also the same at 129.

These 3 aren't t20 players. Their odi players tbf.
I agree that Tayyab could be but he s not in the reckoning with the Ireland and England series to come.

Haider hasn't done enough so It wont happen.

Haris can be Pakistan s butler but again not in the scene.

Ifti gives a bowling option which gives him the edge over these players.

I'm basing my opinion within the pool of what options in the 15 - 17 players chosen by the management.

Which is why the importance of Salman Ali s inclusion is crucial for the WC.

He scores tough runs, plays spin well, excellent fielder and catcher and bowls useful off spin.

We shouldn't need to chase 40 odd in the last for or 5 if the top and middle order do their jobs scoring just above the required.

I agree that Tayyab could be but he s not in the reckoning with the Ireland and England series to come.

Haider hasn't done enough so It wont happen.

Haris can be Pakistan s butler but again not in the scene.

Ifti gives a bowling option which gives him the edge over these players.

I'm basing my opinion within the pool of what options in the 15 - 17 players chosen by the management.

Which is why the importance of Salman Ali s inclusion is crucial for the WC.

He scores tough runs, plays spin well, excellent fielder and catcher and bowls useful off spin.

We shouldn't need to chase 40 odd in the last for or 5 if the top and middle order do their jobs scoring just above the required.
Well the issue is our management is clueless, they dropped tayyab without any games and he's out, same for the others, yet hasebullah of all people has the audacity to show his bhoota in the dug out.

Based of our pool, Imad and salman Ali Agha are more then enough to replace chacha and Shadab for good.

Shadab didn't even bowl last game and his batting of hitting a 40 of 20 once every 25 innings whike failing and being a tailender the other 4 x doesn't help, and when he does bowl he's worse then part timers.

Chacha I've had enough of.hes not a better batsmen them imad, and he's slow as molasses. Expect another asia cup chocke if this moron plays in the lower order. Salman Ali Agha is a batting allrounder and is younger and just a brighter prospect in general who has more talent, plus he has more first class experience which showcases since his shot range and attitude is better then chacha as a whole.

Also no, Chacha typically bowls like 1 or 2 overs max lol, Theirs a reason they don't trust him to bowl all 4.

Chacha bowled better then imad last game but he isn't a better bowler then imad, that'll be like saying usama mir is > Abrar because of psl. Batting wise it's not close.

Well the issue is our management is clueless, they dropped tayyab without any games and he's out, same for the others, yet hasebullah of all people has the audacity to show his bhoota in the dug out.

Based of our pool, Imad and salman Ali Agha are more then enough to replace chacha and Shadab for good.

Shadab didn't even bowl last game and his batting of hitting a 40 of 20 once every 25 innings whike failing and being a tailender the other 4 x doesn't help, and when he does bowl he's worse then part timers.

Chacha I've had enough of.hes not a better batsmen them imad, and he's slow as molasses. Expect another asia cup chocke if this moron plays in the lower order. Salman Ali Agha is a batting allrounder and is younger and just a brighter prospect in general who has more talent, plus he has more first class experience which showcases since his shot range and attitude is better then chacha as a whole.

Also no, Chacha typically bowls like 1 or 2 overs max lol, Theirs a reason they don't trust him to bowl all 4.

Chacha bowled better then imad last game but he isn't a better bowler then imad, that'll be like saying usama mir is > Abrar because of psl. Batting wise it's not close.
Salman Ali is no doubt a better all round player than Ifti but if Salman plays he bats in the top order he would be wasted at 7.

That is why Ifti plays to lengthen the batting, Imad at 8 followed by Shaheen, Naseem, and Amir.

Against india in NY I reckon they will play 4 pacers with Rauf included.

Abrar is streets ahead of Usama because of his variety and control.

Usama bowls too many half trackers and is the sort of bowler who could go for 40 in 3 overs on a bad day.

He good be useful in tests, possibly ODI s with his height and bounce but again Abrar is ahead for me.

Saim hasn't bowled all series which is baffling to say the least.

Imad is obviously a better bowler than Ifti that is a no contest.

Salman Ali is no doubt a better all round player than Ifti but if Salman plays he bats in the top order he would be wasted at 7.

That is why Ifti plays to lengthen the batting, Imad at 8 followed by Shaheen, Naseem, and Amir.

Against india in NY I reckon they will play 4 pacers with Rauf included.

Abrar is streets ahead of Usama because of his variety and control.

Usama bowls too many half trackers and is the sort of bowler who could go for 40 in 3 overs on a bad day.

He good be useful in tests, possibly ODI s with his height and bounce but again Abrar is ahead for me.

Saim hasn't bowled all series which is baffling to say the least.
Saim would get thrashed if he bowled this series lol, the psl reality would have been exposed here.

Why is imad a no 8? No 5 was his best position, and he proved it. Their is no basis as to why chacha and shadab should be sent ahead of him

Last edited by a moderator:
Saim would het murdered if he bowled this series lol, the psl reality would have been exposed here.

Why is imad a no 8? No 5 was his best position, and he proved it. Their is no basis as to why chacha and shadab should be sent ahead of him
Saim bowled well and dismissed the likes of Hales who are better than the kiwi top order so I disagree with your assessment of Saim.

By your logic of the PSL being exposed with Saim s bowling than how can Imad bat at 5.

Why would that not expose the PSL?.

Shadab batted well for ISlU at 4 so an argument can be made especially because he plays spin well.

Imad gets in at 7 if we play 4 bowlers or 8 with 3 pacers.

bhai Fakhar u can only do best against the New Zealand so we will utilize ur services against them :ROFLMAO:
Not true, his 3 best innings come against India, Zimbabwe and south Africa.

Fakhar is basically a player who either switches on 10% of the time and switches off 90% of the time lol.

Regardless he's pretty much undroppable.

Fakhar is basically a player who either switches on 10% of the time and switches off 90% of the time lol.

He has a 136 against England too.

The only notable team that he hasn’t batted long against is Australia.

Don’t think he’s batted too well against Afghanistan either

but making him play at #4 is just a most stupid thing to do... he is a natural striker of a ball so i think he must be utilized as opener along with Saim.

He has a 136 against England too.

The only notable team that he hasn’t batted long against is Australia.

Don’t think he’s batted too well against Afghanistan either
Triseries final against Australia chasing a big score.

Back