"I am not here to please anyone": Babar Azam

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan captain Babar Azam speaking in post-series presser:

About the lessons learned from this series:

“We have partially achieved our plan. There have been three injuries, including those to Azam Khan, Mohammad Rizwan and Irfan Khan. You have observed a rotation in batting. We have attempted to experiment with different combinations. We have utilized various bowlers in the first six overs. All of this was planned before the series, considering which player can benefit us in different situations or under pressure, how they are behaving, and how they will perform. We have taken note of these factors. There are some positive signs as well, but it doesn’t mean that we will ignore the mistakes we have made. We will try to correct our mistakes as soon as possible; the sooner, the better for us because the World Cup is near. The combination that will play in the World Cup will be chosen with an effort to do what is best for the team.”

About Shaheen Shah Afridi and rotation policy:

“I had said before that Shaheen Shah Afridi is the best bowler and he knows how to make a comeback. Bad days do come, but he is mentally strong and whatever he does with dedication is evident to everyone. He is a fighter, and the way he has made a comeback and given us wickets at crucial times, I, as a captain, am happy with such performances. Unfortunately, you have seen that Mohammad Rizwan has become unfit. Our plan was to rotate, but we know that we are struggling in the middle overs. You have seen that we have sometimes sent Shadab Khan up the order, and sometimes Iftikhar Ahmed, we have given Usman Khan a proper opportunity to consolidate. However, our main concern is the middle order. We have made changes up and will keep on doing”

About Usman Khan :

"You have to give players a margin. When you come into the team, there is pressure, but he has tried his best. Whenever a player makes his debut, after the innings, you try to stabilize a bit and start your innings, but he showed intent which was required. Performing or not performing is not in anyone’s hands, he was very good.”

About fielding:

“We will also work on our fielding, there is quite an improvement, but we will have to work harder on this thing."

"As a captain, I am not satisfied with the result of the series. There are no excuses. Yes, we've youngsters in the squad but we should have played better cricket. We lack in the fielding a bit which is important to address."

About not being able to reach 200 runs in the whole series:

“The average score in Lahore was 190. In Rawalpindi, you could say that the average score was over 200, as we saw in the PSL. However, the situation and pitch can change from time to time. You can’t always go out and score runs. You try, but after five or six overs, you realize what the best score could be on that pitch. So, we plan accordingly. When the wicket was good, we also scored 200 and also chased it sometimes. But I believe that in all three matches, throughout the series, we scored fewer runs in batting. I don’t deny this, but we will work on it. We do have power hitters like Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman and Iftikhar Ahmed. We really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game.”

"I am not here to please anyone. When we rotate our players then we get criticism. If we don't rest players we are still criticized. So all of you should pray for everyone because we cannot please everybody with our decisions."

About scoring runs in different phases of the match:

“If you score more than 50 in the power play, I think that’s good. However, we are struggling from the seventh over to the tenth. It’s not that we are struggling in the power play; we are making 30-35 runs from the seventh to the tenth over. You could also say that we are short by five to ten runs. After that, if you are at 100 in ten overs, then in the next ten overs, you try to make 90 to 100 runs when the wicket is in hand. We are making more than 50 runs in the power play, but we are also losing wickets. We have even scored more than 60, but we have also lost wickets. We are also struggling due to consecutive wickets falling. We will try to address this. In the end, we try to execute our power-hitting plan in the last five overs.”

About Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir:

“The way they have performed and are bowling is known to everyone. In this team, it’s not that anyone’s position is fixed. Even today, you see that we have utilized 8 bowlers because the condition demanded it. We take this into account. We used spinners after six overs because the batter was struggling at that time. It’s not that we get full overs from any one bowler. Like in the last match, Shadab Khan didn’t bowl, but in this match, he got two overs. Usama Mir bowled well so he bowled all his overs. It depends on the situation and the way Mohammad Amir, he also bowled well. He is quite an experienced bowler, he knows how to bowl. It was a bad day for him, so no problem. I have no doubt about his experience. There is still a lot of time to finalize the World Cup team, and we still have seven to eight matches left.”

About Saim Ayub:

"Saim Ayub is extremely talented. The way he changes the game in the first six overs is commendable. He's struggling but I feel he just needs one innings to get going. Sometimes you need to give some extra time to special talents like him. Hopefully, he will do well in the future."​

Last edited by a moderator:
“Babar Azam in Powerplay Tonight:
34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

Babar Azam in Overs (7-12):
19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.
He has scored 0 boundaries after powerplay in the next 6 overs.
He reached his 50 in 35 deliveries.
This guy will never change”

Is this true?

34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.

Is this true?
"I am not here to please anyone" lol

But Plz share your source too bro, as i myself saw Babar hitting six after the powerplay.

"I am not here to please anyone" lol

But Plz share your source too bro, as i myself saw Babar hitting six after the powerplay.
Found it on twitter

I didn’t watch the match, that’s why I am confirming. If it’s true, im about to rip this guy to shreds here

Found it on twitter

I didn’t watch the match, that’s why I am confirming. If it’s true, im about to rip this guy to shreds here
He did slow down I don't have the exact figures
But to be fair it was a slow pitch was favouring the spinners in the middle overs even fakhar was struggling to clear the fence

More shocking was this statement - ""really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game. "" wow just wow! Babar believes he missed Azam Khan of all people! Unfit obese fat cricketer- like for real tough to believe! 😡

More shocking was this statement - ""really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game. "" wow just wow! Babar believes he missed Azam Khan of all people! Unfit obese fat cricketer- like for real tough to believe! 😡
Esp as Azam averages 4 or something lol

34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.

Is this true?
Do you do anything else other than slag off Babar and Riz...do you not get tired, bored even?

Esp as Azam averages 4 or something lol
I mean nothing personal against Azam Khan but just as a cricketer it's a disgrace to be in that shape. And he's playing international cricket.
Even league cricket doesn't take such obese cricketers. Being unfit is one thing but being obese!! And this guy is the supposed savior for an international cricket team..

So he was asked about rotation policy and why he didn’t sit out.

This question triggered him and that’s why he said “I’m not here to please anyone”.

He knows people want him out of Pakistan cricket team. Selfish man!

No way did Babar actually say that “we missed Azam Khan” when NZ are missing most of their first choice players😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😇😂😇😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’m laughing but on the inside I want to put my fist into my mouth and bang my head on the wall.
If NZ had just brought Finn Allen they would have won the series 5-0 most likely and some of the margins of wins would have been huge

Pakistan captain Babar Azam speaking in post series presser:

"Usually, players become a bit selfish after two failures if they are new in the team. But the way Usman Khan showed intent, it was really heartening to see.

As a captain, I am not satisfied with the result of the series. There are no excuses. Yes, we've youngsters in the squad but we should have played better cricket. We lack in the fielding a bit which is important to address.

We really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game. Yes, we made a lot of mistakes in the entire series as a batting unit but, we're constantly working on playing a brand of cricket that is required these days.

I am not here to please anyone. When we rotate our players then we get criticism. If we don't rest players we are still criticized. So all of you should pray for everyone because we cannot please everybody with our decisions.

Saim Ayub is extremely talented. The way he changes the game in the first six overs is commendable. He's struggling but I feel he just needs one innings to get going. Sometimes you need to give some extra time to special talents like him. Hopefully, he will do well in the future."
Missed azam Khan 😂😂.

34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.
Exactly my thoughts.what will happen if good bowlers can stop boundaries to him in pp and let him run singles after pp.All the pitches are either slow or batting tracks in us/wi.You should add rizwan as another opener on top of it for cumulative effect. In a sense they are thinking to play 2021 t20 wc kind of scores in 24 t20 wc.

34 Runs on 19 balls
SR of 179.

19 Runs on 17 balls
SR of 111 only.

Is this true?
Tbf bro, the middle overs got difficult to play in general, I'm willing to give babar leeway this game.

It was a good innings.

About the lessons learned from this series:

“We have partially achieved our plan. There have been three injuries, including those to Azam Rizwan and Irfan. You have observed a rotation in batting. We have attempted to experiment with different combinations. We have utilized various bowlers in the first six overs. All of this was planned before the series, considering which player can benefit us in different situations or under pressure, how they are behaving, and how they will perform. We have taken note of these factors. There are some positive signs as well, but it doesn’t mean that we will ignore the mistakes we have made. We will try to correct our mistakes as soon as possible; the sooner, the better for us because the World Cup is near. The combination that will play in the World Cup will be chosen with an effort to do what is best for the team.”

About Shaheen Afridi and rotation policy:

“I had said before that Shaheen is the best bowler and he knows how to make a comeback. Bad days do come, but he is mentally strong and whatever he does with dedication is evident to everyone. He is a fighter, and the way he has made a comeback and given us wickets at crucial times, I, as a captain, am happy with such performances. Unfortunately, you have seen that Mohammad Rizwan has become unfit. Our plan was to rotate, but we know that we are struggling in the middle overs. You have seen that we have sometimes sent Shadab Khan up the order, sometimes Iftikhar Ahmed, we have given Usman Khan a proper opportunity to consolidate. However, our main concern is the middle order. We have made changes up and will keep on doing”

About Usman Khan :

"You have to give players a margin. When you come into the team, there is pressure, but he has tried his best. Whenever a player makes his debut, after the innings, you try to stabilize a bit and start your innings, but he showed intent which was required. Performing or not performing is not in anyone’s hands, he was very good.”

About fielding:

“We will also work on our fielding, there is quite an improvement, but we will have to work harder on this thing."
As a captain, I am not satisfied with the result of the series. There are no excuses. Yes, we've youngsters in the squad but we should have played better cricket. We lack in the fielding a bit which is important to address.

About not being able to reach 200 runs in the whole series:

“The average score in Lahore was 190. In Rawalpindi, you could say that the average score was over 200, as we saw in the PSL. However, the situation and pitch can change from time to time. You can’t always go out and score runs. You try, but after five or six overs, you realize what the best score could be on that pitch. So, we plan accordingly. When the wicket was good, we also scored 200 and also chased it sometimes. But I believe that in all three matches, throughout the series, we scored fewer runs in batting. I don’t deny this, but we will work on it. We do have power hitters like Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman and Iftikhar Ahmed. We really missed Azam Khan in the series. He brings a lot of power in the middle order and he has the ability to change the game.”

"I am not here to please anyone. When we rotate our players then we get criticism. If we don't rest players we are still criticized. So all of you should pray for everyone because we cannot please everybody with our decisions."

About scoring runs in different phases of the match:

“If you score more than 50 in the power play, I think that’s good. However, we are struggling from the seventh over to the tenth. It’s not that we are struggling in the power play; we are making 30-35 runs from the seventh to the tenth over. You could also say that we are short by five to ten runs. After that, if you are at 100 in ten overs, then in the next ten overs, you try to make 90 to 100 runs when the wicket is in hand. We are making more than 50 runs in the power play, but we are also losing wickets. We have even scored more than 60, but we have also lost wickets. We are also struggling due to consecutive wickets falling. We will try to address this. In the end, we try to execute our power-hitting plan in the last five overs.”

About Imad and Amir:

“The way they have performed and are bowling is known to everyone. In this team, it’s not that anyone’s position is fixed. Even today, you see that we have utilized 8 bowlers because the condition demanded it. We take this into account. We used spinners after six overs because the batter was struggling at that time. It’s not that we get full overs from any one bowler. Like in the last match, Shadab Khan didn’t bowl, but in this match, he got two overs. Usama Mir bowled well so he bowled all his overs. It depends on the situation and the way Mohammad Amir, he also bowled well. He is quite an experienced bowler, he knows how to bowl. It was a bad day for him, so no problem. I have no doubt about his experience. There is still a lot of time to finalize the World Cup team, and we still have seven to eight matches left.”

About Saim Ayub:

"Saim Ayub is extremely talented. The way he changes the game in the first six overs is commendable. He's struggling but I feel he just needs one innings to get going. Sometimes you need to give some extra time to special talents like him. Hopefully, he will do well in the future."​

Few more words of wisdom were added here.

Looks like Babar is happy scoring 170-180 runs in t20s. STILL???? when teams are looking for 230-240, Babar is saying that we cannot score 200 runs every game. This mentality needs to change.

I am not here to please anyone. When we rotate our players then we get criticism. If we don't rest players we are still criticized. So all of you should pray for everyone because we cannot please everybody with our decisions.
Well said kaptaana.

External noise from toxic fans and media can be distracting. Focus , hard work and good intent is all that's required

Azam is the mountain this team desperately needs. Babar knows it. He can feel it.

Btw, brother Bobby does not need to please anyone. He just needs to carry on playing like the champion innings he played yesterday.

Babar should be able to please his fans atleast. This is not going to work until he looks beyond 90s brand of cricket. He needs to bring innovation which we have not seem till now.

Few more words of wisdom were added here.

Looks like Babar is happy scoring 170-180 runs in t20s. STILL???? when teams are looking for 230-240, Babar is saying that we cannot score 200 runs every game. This mentality needs to change.

Pakistan don't need to score more with such a talented bowling attack. Will defend 180 every time.

About rotation policy:

... Unfortunately, you have seen that Mohammad Rizwan has become unfit. Our plan was to rotate,​
This tells you everything Babar and co thinks about openers. Babar and Saim are fixed as openers for WT20 and Rizwan is the backup opener. As he mentioned that they would've rotated openers if Rizwan was available. That means they don't see any other opener for WT20 aside from Babar, Saim and Rizwan.

Brace yourselves then, we may possibly see RizBar in WT20 again.

Pakistan don't need to score more with such a talented bowling attack. Will defend 180 every time.
Bowling will not bail out every time. Happened with India in WC23 where their bowlers were spectacular. But because their batting failed in the Final. Their bowlers couldn't bail them out.

Bowling will not bail out every time. Happened with India in WC23 where their bowlers were spectacular. But because their batting failed in the Final. Their bowlers couldn't bail them out.

Depends on the pitches to be honest. On certain pitches which are clearly biased towards chasing, no team can defend anything.

Except one, I don't think most Caribbean pitches are like that.

Depends on the pitches to be honest. On certain pitches which are clearly biased towards chasing, no team can defend anything.

Except one, I don't think most Caribbean pitches are like that.
I agree but this is not solution. If you want to win WT20 you need all three of your batting bowling and fielding sorted out. Cricket is a team sport.

There will be days and pitches where bowlers will go for 200+ What will you do then? The only way out that day would if your batters can step up to score 200+ also. Otherwise you will lose that game.

Not a fan of Babar's captaincy...
I hope he goes onto prove me wrong..

But replace the word anyone with everyone and the whole paragraph sounds different...
Slip of the tongue? Poor communication skills maybe?

This guy is full of arrogance. He is not going to deliver for Pakistan for much longer with this sort of attitude.

Babar should keep these nukhreh for the World T20

Babar is a good batsman but he’s really nothing more than an Ian Bell or a poor man’s Hashim Amla.

He will really thrive if he puts his head down and focuses on being an above average middle order batsman. He is really trying to punch above his weight with all this want for captaincy, glory and fame. Work on your skills and get your job of being an anchor done.

Babar is a good batsman but he’s really nothing more than an Ian Bell or a poor man’s Hashim Amla.

He will really thrive if he puts his head down and focuses on being an above average middle order batsman. He is really trying to punch above his weight with all this want for captaincy, glory and fame. Work on your skills and get your job of being an anchor done.
Problem is, records show he is actually worse in the middle order.

Over 7-15 are a thorn to watch with babar.

Yeah, he is better off at the top than to play in the middle overs. Not gonna suit his style.
No, he is better off out of the t20 team.

Players like amla, Root, Williamson, Smith, Babar , bavuma dont belong in t20.

Only person who justifies his place is Williamson but that's due to being a specialist captain who's left foot is superior to any captaincy tactics or decisions babar can and ever will employ.

But as a bat these players don't warrant.

No, he is better off out of the t20 team.

Players like amla, Root, Williamson, Smith, Babar , bavuma dont belong in t20.

Only person who justifies his place is Williamson but that's due to being a specialist captain who's left foot is superior to any captaincy tactics or decisions babar can and ever will employ.

But as a bat these players don't warrant.
How many T20 World Cup finals have New Zealand played under the great captaincy of Williamson?

Who asked Williamson to get outclassed by Babar in the 2022 semifinal?

Kane is in the team just because NCZ thinks he is a great captain but he himself is not a suitable T20 batter and has not won them anything. No real feat. he has achieved in t20 world.

How many T20 World Cup finals have New Zealand played under the great captaincy of Williamson?

Who asked Williamson to get outclassed by Babar in the 2022 semifinal?
Translation: Babar and peshawar zalmi zindabad, I hate imad wah wah

Back