Has anyone used MIDS Bats?

thegreenmachine

Debutant
Runs
a friend of mine is in karachi..went to UT sports and saw a MIDS bat for Rs. 11,000.. its supposedly their grade 1 bat. had 11 straight grains. i'll try ask him to take some pics and send them, but wondering if anyone else has ever seen/used one.

I haven't used MIDS bats but from what I have heard is that these bats are quite old in the market and one of Mohammad also used them.

For Rs. 11,000 I don't think you can get wrong, if Mohammad Hafeez is using genuine MIDS bat then they surely look impressive and worth giving a go I would say.

Haven't used the bats myself however the shape looks pretty decent. Not a huge fan of the stickers but then again if the bat plays well who really cares?

I don't know but I really do like stickers of ZH Power, to me they are best Pakistani stickersd easily.

I seriously doubt that you will go wrong with this MIDS.

I don't know but I really do like stickers of ZH Power, to me they are best Pakistani stickersd easily.

I seriously doubt that you will go wrong with this MIDS.

Fair enough I guess.:)

For me though they are just too overcrowded and too much going on.

The best Pakistani stickers in my opinion are MB Bubber Sher.

Who cares about the stickers, I have seen some of these bats being used and wondered what they would be like.

The thing we need to find out is the handle's used and the pressing/ping. I quite like the low middle of the ZH Power.

MIDS have a website http://www.midssports.com/main.html

Anyone know where you can buy these bats online that ship?

I have owned MIDS bats. Middles were superb but the handles broke after a season or so. Its the same problem with all pakistani bats.
I have used bats (Ihsan) that cost Rs. 6000 which played as well my AS V3, which cost me more than double.
I would suggest buying a cheaper bat, the handle will be the same as the expensive bats and should play very similar once properly knocked in and netted with a couple of times imho of course

Last edited:
Who cares about the stickers, I have seen some of these bats being used and wondered what they would be like.

The thing we need to find out is the handle's used and the pressing/ping. I quite like the low middle of the ZH Power.

MIDS have a website http://www.midssports.com/main.html

Anyone know where you can buy these bats online that ship?

Handles and pressing would be same on all Pakistani bats I would say.

I have owned MIDS bats. Middles were superb but the handles broke after a season or so. Its the same problem with all pakistani bats.
I have used bats (Ihsan) that cost Rs. 6000 which played as well my AS V3, which cost me more than double.
I would suggest buying a cheaper bat, the handle will be the same as the expensive bats and should play very similar once properly knocked in and netted with a couple of times imho of course

JazakAllah Khair for sharing this piece, quite informational I would say :)

ASAD SHAFIQUE was using a MIDS bat in the last match with AS stickers as is clear from the sticker marks in the toe region at the back

Attachments

• 129973.jpg
    129973.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 1,708
Last edited:
ASAD SHAFIQUE was using a MIDS bat in the last match with AS stickers as is clear from the sticker marks in the toe region at the back

It was CA bat and it had Silver CA grip. The sticker marks are of a CA bat & not Mids and the bat had a CA stamp on the side which was covered up with tape.

Last edited:
I have used these bats long ago they were quite famous with pros back then and I am sure it is well respected company and was more famous then malik and AS in 90s.

I dont know why they just dissapred from market in mid 2000's.

TGM Bhai, any news on this?

I saw a video of MIDS ZH Power bat and bat looks lovely! The profile and shape is good too!

[utube]K4Zy6NB1yeA[/utube]

yes this does look very good. one of their two main models (ZH Power and MM Power) has a slightly shorter blade (supposedly to increase bat speed for the shorter format of the game etc etc).

i once thought about importing pakistani bats a year or two ago, spoke to the guys at mids, they said if i order 20 or more, they would make them to two or three different shapes to my specifications wrt to the middle, profile, etc. they sent me over pictures and they looked very nice.

i was getting a great price, but i could not work out the logistics of having them shipped over cheaply.

i would have to have sold them for a high price compared to comparable bats to make them cost effective, so decided it was not worth the risk considering the initial outlay. they also said they would brand them to my liking if i didnt like the stickers.

just wanted to say their a top bunch of lads, very polite and courtious.

In my recent trip to Pakistan I bought a 'MIDS Forward' bat.

On the second day of my bat hunting mission I was in UT Sports with Shakeel (in the room at the back of the shop with hundreds of bats). At that time I wasn't necessarily looking for a brand but the best bat with the best bargain I could find. That is when I laid my eyes on it. It had a very good pickup (weight is about 2.9) and a huge middle and big spine. I checked for the ping and it pinged just as good as some of the top range bats like Bubber Sher LE or CA 12000 or even TRD. Shakeel bhai also approved of my choice that it was indeed a very good bat.

Technically its a grade 2+ bat (closer to Grade 1) and put me back about 7000 Pak Rupees. It has something like 12 grains with heartwood on the inside half of the blade.

Upon my end of vacations I came back to Germany, oiled it 2,3 times since I was cautious that it maybe overdried because of its light weight and big size. Knocked it for some time (main emphasis on edges and the toe) and then used it in the nets recently.

I can honestly say that it is a very good bat. I haven't even knocked it in properly and the ball just goes off it like its a seasoned bat already. Its certainly better than the Ihsan Inferno 950, CA 10000s and some SS bat (i forgot the exact name) which my club mates and I use.

While at the UT Shop, I also had a look at MIDS ZH, and MIDS MM and they are top quality bats. I would definitely recommend them, the only problem they have as with all Pakistani bats is the handles are not very thick. But this deficiency is found in all Pakistani bats so one has to live with it.

The only other downside with MIDS Forward is that the stickers are not very attractive. :15:

Great to hear the stick is going great for you mashallah!

I just have a question if you don't mind, in the picture on alibaba the edges don't look too thick, have you had a chance to measure the ones on your bat?

Also I guess the stickers don't really matter when your bat goes like a train. But I also don't like the stickers all that much (I'm sure CD bhai will disagree though :p

McBoom Bhai,

Great write up mate! Lovely in fact! I enjoyed reading it, you always enjoy reading the Pakistani stories :D

It is good that you got the bat which felt great in your hands rather than branded bat.

I am quite interested to see how MIDS bats play so do you mind posting pictures/review of them if you can?

I would suggest that try to use your new bat more against old balls in the nets so then it will be knocked if its not knocked much. Personally I just knock the toe as that is the weakest part.

Quick Single is a Jinn Baba and he predicted what I will say and to be honest these MIDS Forward stickers look the best among MIDS bat and in fact I'd say Pakistani bats. I really liked the stickers!

Handle yes they are weak and thin so just double grip it. I was once talking to a guy who runs a brand and he said in Pakistan it cost like $20 USD to get a bat made!

As Quick Single Bhai said do you mind measuring the edges?

Thanks

Cover Drive,

I don't mind making a separate thread and posting pictures but I gave my camera to my family in Pakistan so you'd have to wait until I get a new one for pictures unfortunately. :(

When I first measured the edges they were something like 40-41 mm now after knocking the sides the thickest part of the side is 40 mm even. I don't know if its a decent size but given its weight the bat is on the thicker side if I compare it with bats of my other club mates.

Yes I have used my bat in the nets on olders balls till now, I will do the same for a couple of nets and then use it in a proper match. Will provide detailed review of how it goes in the match.

Cover Drive,

I don't mind making a separate thread and posting pictures but I gave my camera to my family in Pakistan so you'd have to wait until I get a new one for pictures unfortunately. :(

When I first measured the edges they were something like 40-41 mm now after knocking the sides the thickest part of the side is 40 mm even. I don't know if its a decent size but given its weight the bat is on the thicker side if I compare it with bats of my other club mates.

Yes I have used my bat in the nets on olders balls till now, I will do the same for a couple of nets and then use it in a proper match. Will provide detailed review of how it goes in the match.

No worries post whenever you can :)

Woow! :O 40mm for 2.9 is HUGE bro! It is big for its size! Very big in fact!!! I am assuming when you got the bat it was very dry hence you gave 2-3 coats, right ?

Good keep using with old balls and in matches your bat will go just like MOhammad Hafeez's:D

No worries post whenever you can :)

Woow! :O 40mm for 2.9 is HUGE bro! It is big for its size! Very big in fact!!! I am assuming when you got the bat it was very dry hence you gave 2-3 coats, right ?

Good keep using with old balls and in matches your bat will go just like MOhammad Hafeez's:D
The thing is you can't judge just by looking at the bat whether its overdried or not, so as a precaution I gave it 3 coats of oil with a week's gap between each coat meanwhile I kept knocking the bat between the coats so that the fibers remain supple while being compressed through knocking. And then I gave one light coat before the start of the season and then applied a clear anti-scuff sheet so that the moisture remains in the bat. I hope these precautions will prevent any effects that the possible dryness of the bat could have caused.

And hopefully my bat would go like Hafeez's but more importantly my batting averages goes better than Hafeez's average otherwise they would throw me out of the team. :hafeez

The thing is you can't judge just by looking at the bat whether its overdried or not, so as a precaution I gave it 3 coats of oil with a week's gap between each coat meanwhile I kept knocking the bat between the coats so that the fibers remain supple while being compressed through knocking. And then I gave one light coat before the start of the season and then applied a clear anti-scuff sheet so that the moisture remains in the bat. I hope these precautions will prevent any effects that the possible dryness of the bat could have caused.

And hopefully my bat would go like Hafeez's but more importantly my batting averages goes better than Hafeez's average otherwise they would throw me out of the team. :hafeez

YOu need moisture reader for that but one sign I have looked out for after buying 15 or so bats is that by looking at it, the wood looks a bit different and grains look dry and are not very opened up when dry.

You shouldn't oil a bat more than 4 times (eg 4 coatings per year) and if you do more than you will have sort of over oiled it.

InshAllah, it will and you will score tons of runs with it.

MIDS bats are priced really well and if the quality is good, then definitely worth it even if you have to have the handle replaced. i was quoted 170 USD inc delivery for the ZH power.

Bro do you mind telling us which MIDS bats you owned?

Would you say they are the best Pakistani bats?

Thanks

MIDS bats are priced really well and if the quality is good, then definitely worth it even if you have to have the handle replaced. i was quoted 170 USD inc delivery for the ZH power.

HI Askmoi, where did you get the quote from. Thanks in advance.

A pro who played for my club in Cheshire brought one've these bats down once, actually plays like a traditionally English bat, no bow what so ever, and maybe it was just his bat but it seemed very heavily pressed.

Hope this helps!

Back