Haseebullah Khan - International performance watch

Asad T

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The 20-year-old Balochi wicketkeeper batter will make his debut today against New Zealand. He has shown a lot of promise on the domestic circuit; let's see how he handles the pressure on the international stage.

He is typically slow to start, so I'm curious to see if he shows intent today. He is opening ahead of Fakhar, Babar, and Sahibzada Farhan so he cannot affort to start slowly considering we could have opened with a more explosive option.

Here are his domestic stats:

3DYfC9q.png

All the best to him, I am hoping he can perform, and if he does not, I think should still be persisted with, get a fair chance at least to show what he can or cannot do

I'm very proud of him, the first native Baloch to represent Pakistan. It's a proud moment for the people of Balochistan.

I'm very proud of him, the first native Baloch to represent Pakistan. It's a proud moment for the people of Balochistan.
Not a native Baloch. Balochs are the people of Balochistan - Pathans are migrants there.

they keep changing without giving proper chances. Now this guy will be discarded

Not a great start for Haseeb, 0 (3) charging down the wicket, getting a leading edge, and caught at point.
I guess he was showing intent, but a reckless was to do it.

nKCKcjW.png

Absolutely unfair to these young guys. You are down 0-4 and you want him to face first over and give you the perfect start. Last game also so he will not get used to conditions, or get another chance in this series, so for the next few weeks months that dismissal will be replayed in his head most probably and make him doubt himself.

I don't know anything about Haseebullah except that he seemed to have no direction from his coaching team, was put in on a difficult wicket and was replacing a promising young prospect for what seems to be preservation of the old guard.

Absolutely unfair to these young guys. You are down 0-4 and you want him to face first over and give you the perfect start. Last game also so he will not get used to conditions, or get another chance in this series, so for the next few weeks months that dismissal will be replayed in his head most probably and make him doubt himself.
Losers whine. Winners will find a way whatever the circumstances.

He's not good enough and never will be having that that pathetic from rizwan to let him face the first over he done the same with Saim as well

Not a great start for Haseeb, 0 (3) charging down the wicket, getting a leading edge, and caught at point.
I guess he was showing intent, but a reckless was to do it.

nKCKcjW.png
Debutant Haseebullah showcased brilliance by taking an excellent diving catch to dismiss Finn Allen in the 5th T20I against New Zealand. However, in his batting debut, he failed to open his account.

20240121_074106.jpg

Feel sorry for him.

Hate what we are doing to youngsters recently. Just trying them out here and there, they fail and then discard. Needless experimentation does nothing but harm these guys prospects in the future a dent their confidence. I mean you drop Saim for him, you’re introducing another competitor to the mix with Saim and Haris.

Getting out on 0 on your debut is not a good memory. But it was a difficult condition to make a debut. Let's see how he performs in the upcoming T20 series.

Feel sorry for him.

Hate what we are doing to youngsters recently. Just trying them out here and there, they fail and then discard. Needless experimentation does nothing but harm these guys prospects in the future a dent their confidence. I mean you drop Saim for him, you’re introducing another competitor to the mix with Saim and Haris.
Now they will say and fans will also convince themselves that all of Saim, Haseeb and Farhan failed so Babar and Rizwan as opening duo needs to be back.

It’s saddening to see how mediocre our youngsters are , since 2018 we haven’t produce a single quality player

Now they will say and fans will also convince themselves that all of Saim, Haseeb and Farhan failed so Babar and Rizwan as opening duo needs to be back.
Babar and Rizwan are better currently than all those guys. In one or two or maybe more years, that might not be true when they’ve improved. Thats why you start with trying out Fakhar as opener who actually has the highest chance of succeeding as an opening alternative. Then move onto the rest if he fails. Haseeb ironically had the lowest at this stage and was given the last game. Doesn’t make sense.

Babar and Rizwan are better currently than all those guys. In one or two or maybe more years, that might not be true when they’ve improved. Thats why you start with trying out Fakhar as opener who actually has the highest chance of succeeding as an opening alternative. Then move onto the rest if he fails. Haseeb ironically had the lowest at this stage and was given the last game. Doesn’t make sense.
Babar and Rizwan are consistent. But they will never give you the aggressive start. The trade off of being so aggressive is that you won't be as consistent but impactful. Harris and Fakhar in my opinion are best aggressors as opener and the team needs one of those up top.

It's a demand of modern game now and we saw this demand when Harris came in the WT20 2022 team and provided accelerated starts that helped the team when Babar and Rizwan could not and could never.

It's a case of who's the worst from lot

Saim Haseebullah Farhan and Azam are tough competition to each other

So basically every single new batsmen tried has failed

And people wanted rizbar retired 😄

The kid was set up to fail today.

Even in a tape ball match in the local park the new player isn't set to face the first ball.

Seems a bit malicious.

the way he got out today, I am not going to pick him in international cricket anymore.

It looked like he was playing tape ball cricket in Jodia Bazar streets.

I know the usual thing is to say give a player time, can't judge them off a few deliveries etc.

However even in that brief stay there's already alarm bells. The ball before Haseebullah's dismissal, he has an almighty swish at a rising back of a length delivery going away from him with zero feet movement or transfer of weight.

These domestic bashers are so one dimensional. Take them out of their comfort zone of low bounce wickets where they can go on the front foot all day long and they're like a fish out of water.

Too bottom handed. No footwork against space. Late while playing pace. Lack of strike rotation. Not in line when playing pace. Playing away from his body. Poor against the short ball. Not backfoot strokes.

I’ve seen enough of him at the u19 World Cup and subsequent domestic tournament to tell you that he is like a deer caught in headlights if the ball is pitched short or back of the length because he is searching for every ball to be pitched up
Called it ! He got out to a rising short of a length ball going away. Both Haseebullah and Saim Ayub bat like they've got 10lbs of lead in their boots.

Like so many of our domestic batters who make mountains of runs parked on the front foot on low bounce pitches just throwing their hands at the ball - they quickly realise that's not enough against top international bowlers.

So basically every single new batsmen tried has failed

And people wanted rizbar retired 😄

I wouldn't judge any young player after a handful of games. Only fair to give them a run of games if they show even a hint of ability, which Saim definitely does.

God forbid we give a player in his first professional match in a foreign country some leeway... he definitely sucked in that short innings but not gonna hold it against him too much, I think he needs some more chances

God forbid we give a player in his first professional match in a foreign country some leeway... he definitely sucked in that short innings but not gonna hold it against him too much, I think he needs some more chances
after shot which he played and got out, i will never offer him another chance in international cricket.

I know the usual thing is to say give a player time, can't judge them off a few deliveries etc.

However even in that brief stay there's already alarm bells. The ball before Haseebullah's dismissal, he has an almighty swish at a rising back of a length delivery going away from him with zero feet movement or transfer of weight.

These domestic bashers are so one dimensional. Take them out of their comfort zone of low bounce wickets where they can go on the front foot all day long and they're like a fish out of water.

Pakistan wickets need more pace and bounce. Our batsmen can’t hack it outside Pakistan.

Seen enough of Haseebullah to know he won't succeed at international.

Saim is far better than him but he's very confused about his game currently. He needs to be given time. Having said that he's got quite a few technical issues as well. But his potential is far greater than haseebullah.

I am not impressed with the guy Haseebullah another version of Haider Ali.

It's better to stick with Haris or they can give a chance to Mohammad Akhlaq he is looking like a solid wicketkeeper batsman.

Happy birthday Haseebullah

He made his T20I debut earlier this year against New Zealand. He was part of the Pakistan Shaheens squad that won the ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2023.

Haseebullah still not part of the team instead Usman Khan stealing his spot light. Do you think it's fair or not? Or we should have accommodated them both.

Back