How much of an influence could du Plessis' appeal have on rules regarding ball-tampering?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
I think everyone the issue regarding faf who was charged and found guilty by the icc match referee for shining the ball while he had a mint in his mouth, as its sugary substance which is applied to a ball is assumed to affect how the ball might react when bowling.

Faf to prove his innocence jas appealed the charge.

Now there are two possible outcomes, either through his appeal Faf would be found guilty or not guilty.

Now if Faf's appeal finds him non guilty, it would be interesting to see whether ICC will have to change its rules and regulations regarding applying sugary saliva to the ball. If the sugary substance does have an affect, could this make way for semi ball tempring in to organized cricket?

If his appeal finds him guilty, then it would be interesting to see whether ICC will ban certain items being used by players which could be used unseen to change the conditions of the ball. Obviously, ICC should then apply the rule for all as Faf had said

I don't know what impact it will have but good to see Faf stand up to the Big 3 bully. Ridiculous how Kohli and Warner do the same thing and get away while Faf gets fined.

We need Faf ball tempering mega thread

His guilty verdict will remain. Faf's appeal will fail.

Like in DRS, when there has to be concrete proof that the on-field umpire has made a mistake before his decision can be overturned, there has to be concrete proof that the Match Referee, given the video evidence, has applied the rules incorrectly.

There was a discussion on the local radio which talked about CSA felt that Faf was charged with changing the condition of the ball but there was no proof that the condition of the ball was changed. CSA would have been happy if he was charged with attempting to change the condition of the ball. CSA felt that there should have been evidence that the condition of the ball had been changed like a report from a scientific department that he had changed the condition of the ball.

Back