[VIDEOS] Inzamam-ul-Haq accuses the Indian team of ball-tampering in an ICC T20 World Cup 2024 match against Australia

This sort of mentality has left Pakistan behind in cricket. To think that these people actually end up in PCB management roles is shocking. It seems like former Pakistan players are struggling to come to terms that India now have a good pace attack and are cooking up conspiracy theories to discredit them. I know that BCCI is rich and does have some pull in world cricket but these sorts of allegations are now getting tiring I feel. If they can't talk something insightful, they can stop giving their expert opinions on TV.
Pak ex-players are a toxic lot. They always say the worst, most personal things about players and float all sorts of conspiracy theories in the media. I haven't seen any other country's ex-players this desperate for media attention. It's like they are trying to grasp at whatever they can to stay relevant. Sad to see Inzamam become a part of this group as well.

Pak ex-players are a toxic lot. They always say the worst, most personal things about players and float all sorts of conspiracy theories in the media. I haven't seen any other country's ex-players this desperate for media attention. It's like they are trying to grasp at whatever they can to stay relevant. Sad to see Inzamam become a part of this group as well.
We have Sehwag and Gambhir for that :p

Basit Ali speaking, about Inzamam-ul-Haq's accusations of ball tempering, during an interview on social media:

“Arshdeep Singh is not a reverse swing bowler, he is a swing bowler. Given his action, his ball will not reverse swing because he doesn’t have enough pace. Because the grounds in the West Indies are open, the ball goes with the wind. To reverse swing, you need a pace like Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Jasprit Bumrah, or Shaheen Afridi. They can reverse swing the ball.”

“Arshdeep Singh is a swing bowler and he depends on his swing. The ball swings in England, so he gets more wickets. In T20, he takes wickets because he bowls the first two overs and the last two overs. When the ball is reversing, most of the time, the batter gets out LBW or bowled, not getting out via a catch on the boundary line. Whoever gave this statement, it will be their own opinion. In my view, the ball did not reverse.”

“I don’t know what they were thinking when they said this, they can only tell themselves. But someone please answer me a simple question; Was the match changed due to the bowling of Arshdeep? Glenn Maxwell played a bad shot against Kuldeep Singh, Mitchell Marsh hit a shot that was caught very well by Axar Patel, or the reverse sweep played by Marcus Stoinis. Due to these three getting out, Australia lost the match, otherwise, they were in the match. Australia scored 65 runs in 6 overs. Australia played bad shots; did they play on Arshdeep’s bowling?”

We have Sehwag and Gambhir for that :p
Personally, I find Irfan Pathan to be the most cringe with his constant 'padosi padosi' attention-seeking. He has no grace. But still none of it compares to Hasan Raza insinuating that India were using microchips in cricket balls during the 2023 WC.

Gambhir is well, Gambhir. Mentally he seems quite immature. But he still has a great mind for the game.

Would not be a WC cycle without a ridiculous conspiracy from an ex Pakistan player
Last time it was understandable in way that a failed player like Raza Hasan wanted to have his few minutes of fame, but this is really low for a national legend like Inzi. Didn't need to do this.

Addressing the media ahead of India's semifinal clash against England on Thursday, Rohit Sharma responds sharply to Inzamam-ul-Haq's ball-tampering allegation:

"What should I say now about this? You are playing in such hot sun, the wicket is so dry, the ball reverses automatically. It's happening for all the teams, not only ours All the teams are reverse swinging. Sometimes, it's important to open your mind. It's important to understand what conditions you're playing in. The match is not taking place in England or Australia. That's what I'll say."

Virender Sehwag wasn't too happy about Inzamam-ul-Haq being quoted by a media person during the press conference. He told while speaking on a program on a sports media outlet:

“I've a problem with one thing. Someone has given a statement, even if I say something… It is not the job of a reporter to quote someone and ask others for their opinion. This is wrong. You don't have a question of your own? You want answer on someone else's statement. You're trying to create controversy. If I were there, I wouldn't have replied at all."

It depends on whether India wins the WC or not.

I think, he is just tired of supporting India and not having a trophy to show for it which would have given him more impetus to go after Pakistani fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't blame the old pakistani players, statistically India has never produced even decent pace bowlers in the past and all of a sudden they have a few. Imagine, if Pakistan produced a batsman of the quality of a the India fab four or Kohli/Rohit. India would not digest it.

You can't blame the old pakistani players, statistically India has never produced even decent pace bowlers in the past and all of a sudden they have a few. Imagine, if Pakistan produced a batsman of the quality of a the India fab four or Kohli/Rohit. India would not digest it.
so Arshdeep is in great Bowles list now? lol talk about going overboard.

Inzamam Ul Haq's buddy Arshdeep bowling, Guys let's observe the reserve swing now

Your whole post is a contradiction. If you believe he is decent, then why bring up the 'Fab 4'? (I don't agree with that point, but that's for another time). Perhaps you should learn how to provide a relevant example before attempting to explain what 'decent' means.
Feisty much!!

It is the contradiction you created by making assumptions, so let me reiterate for you, Pakistan never expected India to produce decent(acceptable by a certain standard) fast bowlers in the past(they considered all are fast bowlers to be below average). This has been repeatedly stated by Wasim, Imran, Waqar and even Shaoib earlier in the media. And India does not expect Pakistan to produce amazing batsman(we knew that had some good batsman but never great).

The only point I concur with you on is Arshdeep is not being in the "great Bowles" list.

Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking on a lcoal Tv channel:

"The first thing is he (Rohit Sharma) mentioned that reverse swing is happening, just like we said earlier.

Secondly, Rohit Sharma doesn’t need to explain to us how reverse swing occurs, in what intensity of sunlight it happens, or on which pitch it occurs. Those who teach you these kinds of things don’t need to be told these things. We should tell him that such conversations are not appropriate.”

“The person who asked if the ball had been tampered with was mistaken, as I didn’t make that claim. The question was incorrect. I had advised the umpire to keep his eyes open because if the ball is reverse swinging in the 15th over, they should be alert. I would still give the same advice to the umpires to keep their eyes open and be aware of what is happening here. If the umpire keeps his eyes open and thinks a bit more broadly, it would be very beneficial."

Inzi is just embarrassing himself. He ignored Rusty Theron's accusation of Pakistan where 1 over new ball started reversing in the USA vs Pakistan contest. He is just whinging this off the cuff.

Mohammad Shami speaking during an interview on social media:

"I have said in an interview that I will cut the ball and show if there is a device or not. Abhi ek aur namuna khod ke dia hai inhone. They said, 'How can Arshdeep Singh get reverse swing?' I want to say only one thing to Inzamam bhai. I respect him a lot. If you do the same thing, isn't it ball-tampering? Those who do well against them, will be their target. India and Pakistan are arch-rivals,"

"I don't expect that despite being ex-players you can say such thing. Even Wasim Akram said how umpires give you the ball and it is not possible to plant any device in it. This type of cartoongiri is not good. These statements are there to fool people."​

I think Inzamam being such a well respected cricketer within Bharat, should have been careful before blatantly accusing our team of cheating. When he got called out and rightly so, he seemed shocked. What was he genuinely expecting? Actually it is only because Inzamam is respected genuinely for his kind behaviour always that majority of Bharatiya cricketers haven’t spoken on this issue otherwise if this was some mediocre Pakistani cricketer he would have been trashed a lot harder.

Remember when Hasan Raza said something similar, Wasim Akram himself trashed him let alone Bharatiya community.

The thing is for a long time Pakistani fans & cricket fraternity prided itself on having better fat bowlers & mocked India for not having any. Remember all those jokes about trundlers , beef , vegetarians

Now its painfully obvious to even hardcore Pakistani fans that India has a vastly superior pace attack than Pakistan. This is a particularly bitter pill to swallow. Hence accusing India for ball tampering , secret machine , is basically coping mechanism & means to belittle India's pace attack

Mohammad Shami speaking during an interview on social media:

"I have said in an interview that I will cut the ball and show if there is a device or not. Abhi ek aur namuna khod ke dia hai inhone. They said, 'How can Arshdeep Singh get reverse swing?' I want to say only one thing to Inzamam bhai. I respect him a lot. If you do the same thing, isn't it ball-tampering? Those who do well against them, will be their target. India and Pakistan are arch-rivals,"

"I don't expect that despite being ex-players you can say such thing. Even Wasim Akram said how umpires give you the ball and it is not possible to plant any device in it. This type of cartoongiri is not good. These statements are there to fool people."​
Dil se from Shami bhai!! Mashaallah!!!

Back