How tall are our cricketers?

No way Akram is that tall. Most probably 6-6'1".

Ishant is 6'4" and he looks significantly taller than Wasim.

All the sources I've seen quote 6"3 or 6"4 with Akram. If I'm not mistaken according to Allan Border (it was definitely an Aussie) said he was 6"4.

I would rather accept sources that have managed to obtain this information legitly and from those who played with him.

All the sources I've seen quote 6"3 or 6"4 with Akram. If I'm not mistaken according to Allan Border (it was definitely an Aussie) said he was 6"4.

I would rather accept sources that have managed to obtain this information legitly and from those who played with him.

So Akram and Ishant are same height? I don't think so.

So Akram and Ishant are same height? I don't think so.

I know Ishant is 6"4 - 6"5 but I've never seen Wasim Akram quoted as a 6" - 6"1 until today and believe me I've seen numerous sources say he is either 6"3 or 6"4 unless they're all wrong?

I know Ishant is 6"4 - 6"5 but I've never seen Wasim Akram quoted as a 6" - 6"1 until today and believe me I've seen numerous sources say he is either 6"3 or 6"4 unless they're all wrong?

You need to trust your eyes more than what some ex-Cricketer said somewhere. Waqar looks slightly shorter than Wasim in most pics, and here he is with Ishant.

Ishant-Sharma-Waqar-Younis-Dale-Steyn-SRH-IPL-2013.jpg

You need to trust your eyes more than what some ex-Cricketer said somewhere. Waqar looks slightly shorter than Wasim in most pics, and here he is with Ishant.

View attachment 83583

If you refer to post 163 I said "I've seen numerous sources say he is either 6"3 or 6"4 unless they're all wrong". I wouldn't take what an ex-cricketer would claim on face value.

Waqar Younis is 5"10 - 5"11 and not even close to Wasim's height, we know this to be true because Steyn is about the same height evident from this picture.

You've been deceived by the angle in your earlier post (158) which may make it seem that Wasim and Waqar are of similar height but in reality the difference is 4-5 inches.

If you refer to post 163 I said "I've seen numerous sources say he is either 6"3 or 6"4 unless they're all wrong". I wouldn't take what an ex-cricketer would claim on face value.

Waqar Younis is 5"10 - 5"11 and not even close to Wasim's height, we know this to be true because Steyn is about the same height evident from this picture.

You've been deceived by the angle in your earlier post (158) which may make it seem that Wasim and Waqar are of similar height but in reality the difference is 4-5 inches.

I am just saying that Wasim being 6'3-6'4 is highly unlikely because that would take Ishant to 6'6-6'7, which I know is not true. Most sources present a highly exaggerated height for Wasim.

Last edited:
Boxer Amir Khan looks very short on TV.

Salman Khan is no more than 5'6". He is very short and wears Ramp Shoes which gets him to 5'9".

Sachin is like 5'4". Same height as my wife. I look like a giant in pictures. So No wonder Akram looks very tall. TBH, Akram looks more like 6"1". Not 5'11" or 6Ft.

Sachin is 5'3 , Salman khan is 5'5.5 and amir khan(boxer) is 5'6 . I thnk Wasim Akram is 6 feet nowadays but young wasim akram looks very tall

I don't know about the rest but all the ones in bold are all horribly wrong. You're off by at least 2-3 inches off in every one of these highlighted and upto 4 inches for the likes of Sarfraz and Anwar Ali.

It appears you have taken these heights from the web and used your own formula subtracting 2-4 inches. #fakenews

These heights are real and no one can challenge it without strong proof . I personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq . Sarfraz is short guy and asad is very short . Sarfraz is maximum 5'4 and asad 5'2

These heights are real and no one can challenge it without strong proof . I personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq . Sarfraz is short guy and asad is very short . Sarfraz is maximum 5'4 and asad 5'2

So you tell us Sarfaraz is 5'4, then you tell us these heights are real facts and can't be disputed without proof, when your 'proof' is that you have met Sarfaraz? Must say, not very convincing :ibutt

So you tell us Sarfaraz is 5'4, then you tell us these heights are real facts and can't be disputed without proof, when your 'proof' is that you have met Sarfaraz? Must say, not very convincing :ibutt

Yes when a person met some one then he can easily predict the heights and i am a researcher also doing mphil now so research is my hobby
Sarfraz Ahmed is 5'4 to 5'5(max) and no one this world can prove me wrong

Yes when a person met some one then he can easily predict the heights and i am a researcher also doing mphil now so research is my hobby
Sarfraz Ahmed is 5'4 to 5'5(max) and no one this world can prove me wrong

OK, but several of the heights you have listed look extremely inaccurate. What is your 'methodology' behind the calculations (assumptions)?

OK, but several of the heights you have listed look extremely inaccurate. What is your 'methodology' behind the calculations (assumptions)?

my brother 5'8 man looks little bit tall in pakistan just as shahid afridi and shoaib akhtar . My cousin 5'7 also met shahid afridi and afridi is 5'8(one inch taller than my cousin) . I met sarfraz ahmed so by taking sarfraz ahmed and shahid afridi heights as a template i predict the heights of different pak cricketers

[MENTION=146504]barah_admi[/MENTION] I find these heights through 6 years research and i also personally met asad shafiq and sarfraz ahmed in CCA . Asad Shafiq is 5'2 and sarfraz is 5'4

lol what personal research?

I would trust cricinfo over you and a lot of your heights do not match yours.

So my question still stands, where did you get these heights? What was your research?

lol what personal research?

I would trust cricinfo over you and a lot of your heights do not match yours.

So my question still stands, where did you get these heights? What was your research?

american measurement shows 2 3 inches more height than original so cricinfo is based on american measurement . M irfan is not 7'1 as listed by many websites , he said in his interview to pak passion that he was measured at 6'10 in NCA

But his heights are based on an undeniable proof of meeting every single Cricket and Bollywood celebrity we can think of. Sounds legit. :rp

i did not said that i can met with all cricketers . I met with only sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq in CCA

I was referring to Sarfraz Nawaz - that guy was genuinely around or 6ft6 in height. Your heights are nothing but based on theoretical assumptions and with the greatest of respect no one is gonna buy it. Unless you can provide proof to back up your reading, we would rather refer to heights given from reputable sources.

I was referring to Sarfraz Nawaz - that guy was genuinely around or 6ft6 in height. Your heights are nothing but based on theoretical assumptions and with the greatest of respect no one is gonna buy it. Unless you can provide proof to back up your reading, we would rather refer to heights given from reputable sources.

sir there are no reputable sources of height listing . The only website i find for real heights are https://www.celebheights.com/ but it does not contain the heights of Pakistani Cricketers .

Google and Wikipedia listing is totally wrong as i already give the example of M Irfan that he claims to be 6'10 in their interview to pak passion but google listed him 7'1 and also many commentators said he is 7'1 . Asad Shafiq is listed 5'6 in wikepedia but he is nowhere near to 5'6 , he is maximum 5'3 when i met him in CCA Karachi.
Sarfraz Nawaz is no where near to 6'6 . Above 6'3 heights looks abnormal in asia just as Asad Umar(6'4) of PTI . Sarfraz Nawaz is 6'2 or 6'3(max).

So finally i conclude that you can't believe on internet and media for real heights and you also can't measure the height of every individual so the only option that you have to predict the height of any cricketer by taking some height as a template just as i did it for the whole measurements.

No way Akram is that tall. Most probably 6-6'1".

Ishant is 6'4" and he looks significantly taller than Wasim.

Wasim was quite tall. I think we shrink as we get older with the spine getting compressed from all the stress. Wasim was a couple of inches taller than today in his hey days.

wasim.jpg

Ishant's posture here makes him look taller. Wasim has both feet on the ground while Ishant has just one which works against Wasim. Even then the difference isnt too big. Couple this with Wasim's age and compression of Spine, bone density, the 1 ton hair on Ishant's head etc. and the difference gets even smaller.

Ishant's posture here makes him look taller. Wasim has both feet on the ground while Ishant has just one which works against Wasim. Even then the difference isnt too big. Couple this with Wasim's age and compression of Spine, bone density, the 1 ton hair on Ishant's head etc. and the difference gets even smaller.

This isn't even a fully grown Ishant, so unfair to judge Wasim's height based on that.

6'2 and 6'4-5

Akram around 6'2" and Waqar around 5'11" orca bit taller. Steyn is quite short . Only 5'10"

557a8fa6ad400.jpg

They're all standing at the same distance from the camera and are relatively at attention.
Make what you will of this.

If Waqar is 5'9", then Imran Khan is 5'10.5" and Akram is at best 6'1" (look at my post)

Still waiting for a proper explanation for this tbh [MENTION=141100]ansarfraz[/MENTION] Can you give us any solid proof other than asking for us to trust YOUR EYES??

I mean no offense to your eyes but I'd rather believe something that comes out of a credible sports journal or even Google than some random poster on the internet tbh.

It has taken me a while but I have done some scientific research. I have a bachelors' and a master's so this qualifies me in the assessment of height of people - more than ansarfraz I believe, as my qualifications are greater.

I have observed and recorded all facts and done due research and my conclusion is that ansarfraz has a height of maximum 4'11" and most likely 4'10". I know this from all my research. Please accept it sirs.

Thus it is natural that he would reduce the height of all other cricketers, including Wasim Akram, who is known to be about 6'3".

Incidentally, I went several times to cricket grounds to watch international matches involving Pakistan live - since I was a child.

This further bolsters my qualifications in this matter. In fact, you could say I have been studying this matter of heights since the first match I attended. This would naturally equate to research of some 20-30 years.

Probably come in at number 1 or two, with the Aussies our main competitor. That Mohammad Irfan though. :yk

Still waiting for a proper explanation for this tbh [MENTION=141100]ansarfraz[/MENTION] Can you give us any solid proof other than asking for us to trust YOUR EYES??

I mean no offense to your eyes but I'd rather believe something that comes out of a credible sports journal or even Google than some random poster on the internet tbh.

Sir i personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq in CCA. Sarfraz is 5'4 and Asad is 5'2(very very short).No one can measure the height of ever player through tape but we can only predict the height of individual by taking some one height as a template . My Cousin met shahid afridi and afridi is 5'8 so by taking sarfraz ahmed and shahid afridi as a template i predict all the heights

It has taken me a while but I have done some scientific research. I have a bachelors' and a master's so this qualifies me in the assessment of height of people - more than ansarfraz I believe, as my qualifications are greater.

I have observed and recorded all facts and done due research and my conclusion is that ansarfraz has a height of maximum 4'11" and most likely 4'10". I know this from all my research. Please accept it sirs.

Thus it is natural that he would reduce the height of all other cricketers, including Wasim Akram, who is known to be about 6'3".

Allahamdullilah my height is 5'10.5 and i personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq in CCA.
Sarfraz is 5'4 and Asad is 5'2(very very short).No one can measure the height of ever player through tape but we can only predict the height of individual by taking some one height as a template . My Cousin met shahid afridi and afridi is 5'8 so by taking sarfraz ahmed and shahid afridi as a template i predict all the heights

This cracked me up :rp

Sir i personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq in CCA. Sarfraz is 5'4 and Asad is 5'2(very very short).No one can measure the height of ever player through tape but we can only predict the height of individual by taking some one height as a template . My Cousin met shahid afridi and afridi is 5'8 so by taking sarfraz ahmed and shahid afridi as a template i predict all the heights

I also met Safraz and Shafiq, and they both seems over 6.0+ to me since 'Alhamdulliah my height is 5'7.5 so I think your measurements are wrong sir'. I have a bachelors degree and I am planning on doing a Masters as well in Height Measurement soon.

A friend of mine who is 6.0+ feet also met Shahid Afridi and he too say that Afridi is probably 6.2+ feet or more. My friend has completed his Masters in Heigh Measurement.

I think you need to rerecord your measurements.

I also met Safraz and Shafiq, and they both seems over 6.0+ to me since 'Alhamdulliah my height is 5'7.5 so I think your measurements are wrong sir'. I have a bachelors degree and I am planning on doing a Masters as well in Height Measurement soon.

A friend of mine who is 6.0+ feet also met Shahid Afridi and he too say that Afridi is probably 6.2+ feet or more. My friend has completed his Masters in Heigh Measurement.

I think you need to rerecord your measurements.
sarfraz and asad is over 6'0? Afridi is 6'2? You cant challenge my measurements without any valid proof?
It is a fact that that if you are 6'2 than you are taller than 94% of the world.
I see only person above 6 feet height in my whole apartment of 144 flats

Last edited by a moderator:
Allahamdullilah my height is 5'10.5 and i personally met sarfraz ahmed and asad shafiq in CCA.
Sarfraz is 5'4 and Asad is 5'2(very very short).No one can measure the height of ever player through tape but we can only predict the height of individual by taking some one height as a template . My Cousin met shahid afridi and afridi is 5'8 so by taking sarfraz ahmed and shahid afridi as a template i predict all the heights

Your template is wrong. Afridi is around 5'10. Which means all your heights are off by 2 inches. Asad is 5'4 sarfraz 5'6 and akram is 6'2 to 6'3

Your template is wrong. Afridi is around 5'10. Which means all your heights are off by 2 inches. Asad is 5'4 sarfraz 5'6 and akram is 6'2 to 6'3

Sarfraz Ahmed is maximum 5'5 as i said it earlier . He is no where near to 5'6 marks when i met him 3 years ago.
So if we take Sarfraz height(5'5) as a template then Shahid Afridi would be 5'9(max) and All cricketers heights will be increased by one inch so finally i conclude that it could possible that my measurement showed one inch less in all heights but 2 inches increment is not possible by the way

Nope have a look at pictures of sarfraz and afridi. Not a 4 inch gap. If afridi is 5'9 then sarfraz is 5'6

Lol, how about you guys simply ask them what their height is?

Apart from Sarfraz or Asad, have you met any other player?

No , I only met with sarfraz and asad in CCA but my cousin did advertisement with shahid afridi and also Ruman Raees visited our university on 14 Aug 2017 and he has a selfie with my friend Raheel20770353_1933622823568045_1154322619581203767_n.jpg

Raheel is almost 5'6 so Ruman Raees would be 5'8 as shown in pic

Back