How to ball accurately?

Dragon

Local Club Star
Runs
So I played cricket the other day after 7 years, I'm 22. I tried balling fast and the pace was decent but I kept balling wide after wide, I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. You guys have any tips on how to ball accurately?:akhtar

Try keeping your eyes on the stumps from the start of your mark up until the point of delivery, it'll come naturally :asif

Try keeping your eyes on the stumps from the start of your mark up until the point of delivery, it'll come naturally :asif

wow, I can't believe I actually wasn't doing that. :facepalm: It seems I was targeting the batsman more then the stumps. thanks

Keep your head as still as you can when you are just about to release the ball. Make sure your body doesn't collapse to one side or fall over.

Always plan ahead - focus where you want to pitch the ball and keep your eyes firmly focused.

Keep your head as still as you can when you are just about to release the ball. Make sure your body doesn't collapse to one side or fall over.

Always plan ahead - focus where you want to pitch the ball and keep your eyes firmly focused.

As said above it is your head position, try keep it still and upright at release and make sure your momentum is folloing in a straight line towards the stumps for a couple of steps in your follow thorugh (before moving off the pitch).

Back