"I am hopeful of making a comeback if I get enough support from senior players": Umar Akmal

It's astonishing how such a talent got wasted! Not Babar, this guy was the true wonder boy, the next big thing. Things would have been massively different if he was born in Ind/Eng/Aus. He would have been properly groomed, disciplined, educated & most importantly allowed to play with natural aggression instead of getting restrained by typical 90's mentality.

He was never a boy wonder Yes he had talent but that alone doesnt make a top top batsman

You cant blame others for your lack of success The best players learn and overcome challenges Umar was too lazy and insincere to himself by taking short cuts and feeling he was a victim

He was never gonna become a top class player with his mentality

Should not be near the team.

There are other batsmen who now deserve their chance.

Ended this PSL with a strike rate of 186 which is a lot higher than Babar and Rizwan again same as last year.

They won’t play him in the top 3 but there’s still a chance for him due to a lack of middle order batsmen who are good enough to play.

Ended this PSL with a strike rate of 186 which is a lot higher than Babar and Rizwan again same as last year.

They won’t play him in the top 3 but there’s still a chance for him due to a lack of middle order batsmen who are good enough to play.

Once again the strike rate nonsense.

Where were his runs when QG needed them most?

Where is his team now in PSL 8?

His SR is of no consequence if he is not winning games for his side.

Once again the strike rate nonsense.

Where were his runs when QG needed them most?

Where is his team now in PSL 8?

His SR is of no consequence if he is not winning games for his side.

The last time he played a full season in 2019 they won the PSL things changed since then he didn’t play for 2 years his stays have been brief recently due to coming down the order let him play all 10 matches as a number 3 batsman to see what he’s capable of.

Until then he can only make runs quickly in the time he’s given which he has done I am 100% sure he can better Babar and Rizwans strike rate for Pakistan if he bats in the powerplay in all bilateral and tournaments combined.

Average close to 30 is fine nobody needs to average high at a lower strike rate in T20s that’s just statpadding here are Babar stats from the last 2 tournaments even Shehzad could have done better.

Asia Cup : average 11 strike rate 107

World Cup : average 17 strike rate 93

Quetta was let down by Sarfraz and Iftikhar either not scoring at all or not scoring quickly enough Umar had to wait and wait for a few chances after being dropped despite being better than both Iftikhar and Sarfraz.

Tactics and a few senior players not performing let down Quetta not Umar who tried to score quickly whenever he got a chance that’s why he ended up with the best strike rate a bit of support only from others namely Sarfraz and Iftikhar would have helped Quetta win a few more matches and qualify.

It's astonishing how such a talent got wasted! Not Babar, this guy was the true wonder boy, the next big thing. Things would have been massively different if he was born in Ind/Eng/Aus. He would have been properly groomed, disciplined, educated & most importantly allowed to play with natural aggression instead of getting restrained by typical 90's mentality.

Definitely.

Played all his Tests outside Asia.

Kept as a slogger in ODI's at 6.

He was in the top 10 rankings in ODI's, that was the time for the management to promote him up the order and give him a chance.

No promotion up the order and no chance in Tests in Asia after touring Aus, NZ, WI etc.

That is where the career derailed and went downhill.

And an average of probably about 50 less than them.

The last time he played a full season in 2019 they won the PSL things changed since then he didn’t play for 2 years his stays have been brief recently due to coming down the order let him play all 10 matches as a number 3 batsman to see what he’s capable of.

Until then he can only make runs quickly in the time he’s given which he has done I am 100% sure he can better Babar and Rizwans strike rate for Pakistan if he bats in the powerplay in all bilateral and tournaments combined.

Average close to 30 is fine nobody needs to average high at a lower strike rate in T20s that’s just statpadding here are Babar stats from the last 2 tournaments even Shehzad could have done better.

Asia Cup : average 11 strike rate 107

World Cup : average 17 strike rate 93

Umar akmal average is far less and strike rate is comfortably lower than both Babar and rizwan in international cricket. Now try again.

Umar akmal average is far less and strike rate is comfortably lower than both Babar and rizwan in international cricket. Now try again.

He played 10 years ago in different positions let him open for 10 matches then we will see I know he will have a better strike rate than them and do more in the powerplay.

On those slow UAE pitches Pakistan used to play on a decade ago with low scoring matches more common the current openers would have lower strike rates.

Definitely.

Played all his Tests outside Asia.

Kept as a slogger in ODI's at 6.

He was in the top 10 rankings in ODI's, that was the time for the management to promote him up the order and give him a chance.

No promotion up the order and no chance in Tests in Asia after touring Aus, NZ, WI etc.

That is where the career derailed and went downhill.

2023 and the same excuses for Akmal that were in 2014.

Akmal has played over 200 matches for Pakistan.

He was given a chance of 5 games against Australia in 2019 prior to 2019 World Cup .
This was the chance for him to show us the new and improved version , and in all 5 games he came with plenty of time left .

He failed to pass even 50 once and got out playing some brainless slogs as per usual . The same series where the likes of Rizwan and Harris got 100’s.

But I suppose that’s everyone’s else’s fault as well , whether that’s misbah, Waqar, babar , the rain , superman. The list goes on ..

He was given a chance of 5 games against Australia in 2019 prior to 2019 World Cup .
This was the chance for him to show us the new and improved version , and in all 5 games he came with plenty of time left .

He failed to pass even 50 once and got out playing some brainless slogs as per usual . The same series where the likes of Rizwan and Harris got 100’s.

But I suppose that’s everyone’s else’s fault as well , whether that’s misbah, Waqar, babar , the rain , superman. The list goes on ..

He was given one chance at number 4 position made 48 then dropped down to number 7 again where it’s impossible to make big score coming in the last 10 overs.

He was given one chance at number 4 position made 48 then dropped down to number 7 again where it’s impossible to make big score coming in the last 10 overs.

Lol your hilarious.
2nd match - came in the 17th over @5. Holed to mid wicket for 17 runs

3rd match - came in the 20th over . Scored 36 again caught at midwicket

4th match . Came in the 41st over at 5 with the match set up for him . We needed 60 of 54 balls scores only 7

5th match - came at 5 in the 23rd over and got 43 again caught in the deep. When we needed 70 of 60 balls .

Apart from the 4th match where he came in the 40th over , when Pakistan needed a run a ball to win he had plenty of Time to build innings and finish the game as well .

Why would the PCB continue to invest in him when he just simply has not shown any growth as a player .

It’s embarrassing his deluded fans find any excuse to shift the blame on others when he simply is to blame .

Lol your hilarious.
2nd match - came in the 17th over @5. Holed to mid wicket for 17 runs

3rd match - came in the 20th over . Scored 36 again caught at midwicket

4th match . Came in the 41st over at 5 with the match set up for him . We needed 60 of 54 balls scores only 7

5th match - came at 5 in the 23rd over and got 43 again caught in the deep. When we needed 70 of 60 balls .

Apart from the 4th match where he came in the 40th over , when Pakistan needed a run a ball to win he had plenty of Time to build innings and finish the game as well .

Why would the PCB continue to invest in him when he just simply has not shown any growth as a player .

It’s embarrassing his deluded fans find any excuse to shift the blame on others when he simply is to blame .

Your right I wasn’t aware exactly when he came he had 3 matches when he came in earlier how bad is that performance though against a full strength Australian team if he made slow 50s you can say he did bad but every time he tried to play attacking cricket and not let the run rate go up which is good.

His strength isn’t being a finisher a better role is opening the innings and playing attacking cricket in the powerplay which he should have been given a chance to do in ODIs and T20s as plenty of slow batsmen have come and failed to score at a decent strike rate.

T20 World Cups combined stats:

Umar average 34 strike rate 132

Rizwan average 41 strike rate 120

Babar average 35 strike rate 114

Umar did not play bilaterals against West Indies B South Africa B Zimbabwe etc but in world cups some comparison can be made there you go.

:kakmal

it's 2023 are fans ever going to move on? he's the literal definition of tried and tested failure.

You're talking about a time that happened several years after what I'm talking about.

Summed it up very well what happened, to jump an extra 9 to 10 years down the line in his career.

Umar did not play bilaterals against West Indies B South Africa B Zimbabwe etc but in world cups some comparison can be made there you go.

Those performances are historic though. Current Umar Akmal is a shadow of the one we saw in the winning WT20 team.

Stop please. He is a brainless pindoo who should stick to t20 domestic cricket. He has not learnt a thing. Don't even think about comparing him to Babar. I mean I despair at the thought processes on this forum. Seriously.

I mean I suspect some of you are very young but my gosh can you not think critically? He is a washed up "never was". Its a disgrace He still gets into a t20 league side..no akmal should be allowed near our cricket ever again..

Your right I wasn’t aware exactly when he came he had 3 matches when he came in earlier how bad is that performance though against a full strength Australian team if he made slow 50s you can say he did bad but every time he tried to play attacking cricket and not let the run rate go up which is good.

His strength isn’t being a finisher a better role is opening the innings and playing attacking cricket in the powerplay which he should have been given a chance to do in ODIs and T20s as plenty of slow batsmen have come and failed to score at a decent strike rate.

Rubbish. He is an international cricketer. His job as an attacking batsman is to win us the match not make those stupid facial expressions after getting out the same way for the billionth time. He is one of the worst cricketers to ever put on that shirt. The fact you actually think he's good means you dont really know much about this game and are here to take the mickey..get serious..

Although he was mismanaged earlier in his career, the blame largely lies on Umar on not trying to improve himself. Instead of improvement, he regressed and by 2015, he had become unselectable. There was a time he was amongst the best fielders and strike rotators in Pakistan. If you think about it now, it seems laughable.

He had real grit earlier on and he lit up fire inside Pak fans on various occasions but sadly he kept declining due to his failure to understand, acknowledge and address the issues that plagued him.

Early on in his career, there was a 100 on test debut and a fighting 70 on dodgy pitch followed by a 33 ball 50 in the next one. There were well constructed 50s in Australia based on singles and doubles rather than boundaries. But boy such pleasant innings became sporadic. His last notable knock was his 100 against Afg in 2014 Asia Cup.

Rubbish. He is an international cricketer. His job as an attacking batsman is to win us the match not make those stupid facial expressions after getting out the same way for the billionth time. He is one of the worst cricketers to ever put on that shirt. The fact you actually think he's good means you dont really know much about this game and are here to take the mickey..get serious..

Wrong he has one of the best away averages in tests and one of the best records at number 6 in ODIs add to the that a better record in world cups than most in Pakistan I think it’s you that’s coming out with rubbish actually.

Stop please. He is a brainless pindoo who should stick to t20 domestic cricket. He has not learnt a thing. Don't even think about comparing him to Babar. I mean I despair at the thought processes on this forum. Seriously.

I mean I suspect some of you are very young but my gosh can you not think critically? He is a washed up "never was". Its a disgrace He still gets into a t20 league side..no akmal should be allowed near our cricket ever again..

Well said Some posters see a player hit a 6 and go gaga for him When did batsmanship become about hitting a 6 here and there and for the majority giving it away

Umar Akma has so many issues, he is a case study in what not to do as a cricketer

I do wonder how anyone sane can support someone who has regressed so badly?

Well said Some posters see a player hit a 6 and go gaga for him When did batsmanship become about hitting a 6 here and there and for the majority giving it away

Umar Akma has so many issues, he is a case study in what not to do as a cricketer

I do wonder how anyone sane can support someone who has regressed so badly?

A player who hits a six here and there doesn’t score a double hundred in a domestic final let him play 20 tests in Asia and then come back to me if he doesn’t have a better average and a lot better strike rate than Azhar Shafiq Haris Malik different batsmen who were selected instead even now at this age he can do better than them in test cricket.

If ever a young player wanted to see an example of wasted talent, this is it.

Chance after chance thrown away.

A player who hits a six here and there doesn’t score a double hundred in a domestic final let him play 20 tests in Asia and then come back to me if he doesn’t have a better average and a lot better strike rate than Azhar Shafiq Haris Malik different batsmen who were selected instead even now at this age he can do better than them in test cricket.

Truth be told The day he plays for pakistan in tests are long gone Hes got zero % chance

He ll be lucky if he plays t20s again for pakistan

Domestic cricket is his ceiling now

He played 10 years ago in different positions let him open for 10 matches then we will see I know he will have a better strike rate than them and do more in the powerplay.

On those slow UAE pitches Pakistan used to play on a decade ago with low scoring matches more common the current openers would have lower strike rates.

I didn’t know 2019 was 10 years ago. He would have gotten more opportunities if he didn’t average 0 last time he got a few games.

“Let him play 20 Test matches and then come back to YOU” ???

Kyon? Tu ussdi poophi da puttar eyn?

Seriously, what kinda farts we have here in the name of hopeless philosophical ideas.

Seriously, what kinda farts we have here in the name of hopeless philosophical ideas.
Agenda based rubbish. Plagues our cricket, from the fans to the media that hounds these players. They are harming the player more than supporting him to be honest.

Umar Akmal is a hopeless case and I cannot believe he is still seen as relevant by anyone sane.

Do you know Pakistan was whitewashed in tests at home recently and away aswell last time.

A team that has been close to minnow level in tests can’t play attacking batsmen especially someone who did better than others in the matches he played when an older player in Sarfraz scored runs at a decent strike rate at home.

Not such a philosophical idea do you like slow batting and a minnow level team in tests or have you been watching poophi da puttar tv shows instead of tests which Pakistan have been playing.

I didn’t know 2019 was 10 years ago. He would have gotten more opportunities if he didn’t average 0 last time he got a few games.

Well he did better than others in world cups that’s a fact same as he got a duck last time he played in T20.

Well he did better than others in world cups that’s a fact same as he got a duck last time he played in T20.

And 2019 was 10 years ago too which is a fact too right?

Last edited by a moderator:
And 2019 was 10 years ago too which is a fact too right?

No 2013 was ten years ago that is a fact not sure what your trying to say here.

Umar did play all his matches bar one or two close to ten years ago in T20s if he plays B teams and minnows on flat wickets in bilaterals like we see today he can score 20 ball 40s and 25 ball 50s that level of bowling can be worse than some of the teams in the PSL.

when your middle order has been Asif Ali, Ifti, Khushdil over the past years…how do you then say Umar can’t make it back into the team. Had he been given all the games in PSL, he’d have been on the plane to UAE for Afg series. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the luxury of some other players like Masood, who kept failing but was persisted with because his team wasn’t losing.

No 2013 was ten years ago that is a fact not sure what your trying to say here.

Umar did play all his matches bar one or two close to ten years ago in T20s if he plays B teams and minnows on flat wickets in bilaterals like we see today he can score 20 ball 40s and 25 ball 50s that level of bowling can be worse than some of the teams in the PSL.

Lie after lie. Not going to waste my time.

Lie after lie. Not going to waste my time.

Facts and figures cannot lie that’s the only reason I give support to any player otherwise it’s a waste of time if they can’t do better than other players who were selected instead.

Kamran Akmal speaking to local media:

"With the World Cup and Asia Cup approaching, it's crucial to have players like Umar Akmal in the middle order. It's up to the selection committee, coaching staff, and skipper Babar Azam to recognize his potential and consider him for the team"

"As the team is selected based on the captain's approval, it's essential to give Umar a fair chance. After all, if Imad can make a comeback based on his performance, Umar Akmal deserves the same opportunity,"

"Umar Akmal's comeback was a bumpy road, marked by four to five years of struggle after his ban. Despite being demoted to Grade-2 by the former board members, he bounced back with the help of Ijaz Ahmed, who fought for his inclusion in Northern. This paid off, as Umar's performance in PSL season eight was remarkable - he remained not out in most matches, even if he only faced three or fifteen balls"

"The mentality of our team members, especially Umar Akmal, is focused on playing for Pakistan, whether they bat from the first delivery or chase down a target. Such players deserve recognition from the selection committee, and it's unjust to ignore them"

"Umar's performances in the Pakistan Cup and PSL were impressive, with an average and strike-rate that were up to the mark. Even when he faced only a few deliveries, he managed to score runs for his team, making him a valuable asset"

Strange thing is Umar Akmal is only interested in making a comeback to loi side and not in test match arena

Babar Azam's cousin and Peshawar Zalmi coach, Kamran Akmal is now urging Babar to select Umar Akmal

"As the team is selected based on the captain's approval, it's essential to give Umar a fair chance. After all, if Imad can make a comeback based on his performance, Umar Akmal deserves the same opportunity,"

This is a very weird statement he has made.

This is major conflict of interest as Kamran Akmal is a PCB youth team selector and Peshawar Zalmi coach, and is now blackmailing his cousin into selecting his brother

I do not blame Kamran Akmal. Credit goes to the country’s establishment.

Benchmark has been set to be morally corrupt and pathetic at all levels.

Come on Kamran Akmal.

Thori se grace honye chahee, thori se ethics honye chahee, thori se sharaam honye chahee!

When the likes of Shaheen Afridi have out batted you at number 7 then you have no room to ask for being picked as a pure batsman. Also he blatantly lied that Umar Akmal was not out in most of his innings, he was not out only in 1 innings out of 5.

Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR
Umar Akmal 6 5 1 95 43* 23.75 51 186.27
Shaheen Afridi 12 8 3 133 52 26.60 79 168.35

Come on Kamran Akmal.

Thori se grace honye chahee, thori se ethics honye chahee, thori se sharaam honye chahee!

When the likes of Shaheen Afridi have out batted you at number 7 then you have no room to ask for being picked as a pure batsman. Also he blatantly lied that Umar Akmal was not out in most of his innings, he was not out only in 1 innings out of 5.

Great logic yet Umar still has a better strike rate by that logic Babar is one of the worst T20 batsmen in the world with his amazing strike rate of 93 in last years World Cup.

You also forgot about the 50 over Pakistan Cup where Umar averaged 42 at a strike rate of 110 let’s see Shaheen bat in the top order and better those stats.

Umar Akmal has been one consistent individual who has ALWAYS bought in senior management into the conversation. First it was to do with playing Kamran as keeper, then batting lower order/top order debacles, then not being given enough chances etc.

And the guy is still doing the same thing after 11 years. It's incredible the narrative these two brothers always take to make their case. It's never based on performances; it's always based on seeking help from management. Comedy.

You also forgot about the 50 over Pakistan Cup where Umar averaged 42 at a strike rate of 110 let’s see Shaheen bat in the top order and better those stats.

Yes becouse Shaheen role is that of a batter rather than a bowler.

Come on Kamran Akmal.

no he was saying umar could have been not out but hes a team player so he goes for the slog.

Great logic yet Umar still has a better strike rate by that logic Babar is one of the worst T20 batsmen in the world with his amazing strike rate of 93 in last years World Cup.

Also to be noted that Umar Akmal played most of his T20s in early 2010s when scoring rate was lower compared to today.

It's a fashion for cricket fans to make fun of Umar Akmal. He wasn't a legend material but had management backed him, he would have played more impactful knocks. In tests, his average in SENA nations is better than many who were regulars

Also to be noted that Umar Akmal played most of his T20s in early 2010s when scoring rate was lower compared to today.

It's a fashion for cricket fans to make fun of Umar Akmal. He wasn't a legend material but had management backed him, he would have played more impactful knocks. In tests, his average in SENA nations is better than many who were regulars

Bro, he played 121 ODI's and 84 T20's.

His demise was literally nothing to do with him not getting opportunities.

Another day another kamran akmal statement asking junior to be part of the pakistan team

How about letting your bat doing the talking rather than big brother? Sick of them

This has been an ongoing circus for over 10 years now Rinse repeat

When will it end

I was in 10th standard when my cousin told me he is biggest fraud in international cricket. That was back in 2014 when he failed to take Pak over the line in knockout game against Sri Lanka. What a legend he , my cousin.

Another day another kamran akmal statement asking junior to be part of the pakistan team

How about letting your bat doing the talking rather than big brother? Sick of them

This has been an ongoing circus for over 10 years now Rinse repeat

When will it end

Is he still on the selection committee?

On what grounds are Umar and Kamran suggesting that Umar is entitled to a comeback in Pakistan colours?

On what grounds are Umar and Kamran suggesting that Umar is entitled to a comeback in Pakistan colours?

If you had to pick Masood or Akmal for your middle order spot, unless you’re stevie wonder you’re not going to pick Masood. Since Umar’s last game, which player has replaced him and done a better job?

If you had to pick Masood or Akmal for your middle order spot, unless you’re stevie wonder you’re not going to pick Masood. Since Umar’s last game, which player has replaced him and done a better job?

I can't see too many people saying pick Masood at all.

Most people don't want Masood or Umar Akmal to be picked.

Like Saj said, nobody wants either player representing Pakistan.

But Shan at least earnt his opportunity by performing in domestic cricket over a prolonged period. What has Umar done to deserve a recall?

Umar is the past, not the future. He has had unspectacular returns with the bat and well documented mental health struggles. He is in no way the answer to Pakistan's middle order woes in 2023.

But Shan at least earnt his opportunity by performing in domestic cricket over a prolonged period. What has Umar done to deserve a recall?

Umar is the past, not the future. He has had unspectacular returns with the bat and well documented mental health struggles. He is in no way the answer to Pakistan's middle order woes in 2023.

Performing at domestic level shouldn’t be the only criteria for selection for the national team. I can give you names of players that have performed at the domestic level better than Masood and you’d probably be against their selection for the national team. If a player is a proven match winner at the highest level, that should give him an advantage over domestic bullies.

Last season he averaged 43 @ 120 in the Pakistan Cup (the numbers may be a bit off), it may not have been for a prolonged period but what are the other options.

Instead of saying we don’t need player x anymore, why not give us names of those who could do better at 5-6 for ODI’s?

He would’ve done better than Babar as an opener in the Asia Cup and World Cup that’s enough for me and he’s score a lot quicker in tests than our 40 strike rate batsmen having a few attacking batsmen in test cricket is exactly what’s needed in today’s era.

Even in ODIs he’ll score quicker than Imam and a few others as a top order batsman which means Umar at the age of 32 can still do better than different batsmen in different formats if used properly.

Performing at domestic level shouldn’t be the only criteria for selection for the national team. I can give you names of players that have performed at the domestic level better than Masood and you’d probably be against their selection for the national team. If a player is a proven match winner at the highest level, that should give him an advantage over domestic bullies.

Last season he averaged 43 @ 120 in the Pakistan Cup (the numbers may be a bit off), it may not have been for a prolonged period but what are the other options.

Instead of saying we don’t need player x anymore, why not give us names of those who could do better at 5-6 for ODI’s?

How many chances are the likes of Umar Akmal going to get? Had ho gaye yaar

At what point are we gonna say enough is enough This circus has been going on for a decade and his fitness, attitude and performance have arguably got worse year after year

Hes the definition of how to ruin a promising career

Umar Akmal couldnt do a job 10 yrs back at 5-6 Whats trees is he gonna pull up now?

Last edited:

At what point are we gonna say enough is enough This circus has been going on for a decade and his fitness, attitude and performance have arguably got worse year after year

Umar Akmal couldnt do a job 10 yrs back at 5-6 Whats trees is he gonna pull up now?

We heard the same claims about Sharjeel 2 months ago.

Claims about Umar Akmal's ability will be quelled off as quickly as Sharjeel's was.

Still one of the batsmen pakistan have at the moment. That’s the quality of batsmen they have at the moment which is quite a statement. I feel Umar akmal is a must for position 5 or 6 at the World Cup as he’s much better than the current hacks we’ve tried like asif Ali, kushdil, Salman Agha and Chaha ifti…

He’s played a World Cup there before and his experience in India will be invaluable. Just use him as a hitter as he packs a punch. Still the best we have out of the ordinary talent we are producing at the moment

So who are you picking for the No.5-6 spot for ODI’s? Khushdil? Ifthikar? Asif Ali? Masood? Maqsood?

The only reason why Umar is still being mentioned is because he’s still better than the current middle order batsmen in our team.

I used to be in favour of bringing Amir back, but that was when he had Faheem and Hassan Ali opening our bowling attack. But, now that we’ve got Naseem, Shaheen, Rauf, Ihsanullah, Wasim, Zaman etc he isn’t needed anymore.

So, like I asked before, what player has been able to secure the 5-6 spot for odi’s?

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better T20 World Cup record than most in Pakistan.

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better record at number 6 in ODIs than most in Pakistan.

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better away test average than most in Pakistan.

For the umpteenth time I’ve given proper reasoning as to why Umar should have been a long term test batsman and given a proper chance as a top 3 batsman in limited overs.

It’s the way he could have become a 45 plus averaging batsman in tests and a decent hitter in the top order in limited overs in his prime at the best strike rates aswell compared to other Pakistani batsmen.

I think, and its just my opinion, but it would be better if Pakistan was number 9 in the ODI and T20 standings, lose every single bi lateral they played, don't even make it to any world Cup (or if they do then are eliminated in the first round) then to pick Umar (or Kamran) Akmal in the squad let alone the playing eleven.

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better T20 World Cup record than most in Pakistan.

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better record at number 6 in ODIs than most in Pakistan.

He couldn’t do a job but still has a better away test average than most in Pakistan.

For the umpteenth time I’ve given proper reasoning as to why Umar should have been a long term test batsman and given a proper chance as a top 3 batsman in limited overs.

It’s the way he could have become a 45 plus averaging batsman in tests and a decent hitter in the top order in limited overs in his prime at the best strike rates aswell compared to other Pakistani batsmen.

His record from 5 plus years ago bares no relevance to now He was dropped for a reason multiple times

Like i said his fitness is shocking, his technique and runs barely existent

Hes done nothing to prove hes capable of coming back to intnl cricket

All we hear is him and sibling moan moan moan rather than letting the weight of his runs do the talking

Its a farce

I have now changed sides and am now cheering for Umar Akmal.

If Haris Sohail can come back then Umar Akmal also deserves a chance.

This is huge injustice!!!!

Kamran Akmal speaking on his YT channel:

"I am talking about Umar. They announced the T20 team and didn't include him in the squad; why? He played last year's PSL and this year's PSL in rather tough conditions. He tried his best to deliver whenever given an opportunity, a chance, limited amount of balls or overs, etc"

"I don't need to explain or tell anyone; everyone is well aware of the reality. Yet, I still cannot comprehend why he isn't being given a chance in the national team, particularly on the batting number where almost every player has been tried"

"The performance of all these players is crystal clear in front of everyone; despite that, you are still not including Umar because he isn't in the likings or good books of the selection committee? Or because Umar is less hyped than others because he plays for the team? Or maybe because he doesn't greet you guys well, doesn't invest a lot of time in flattering - only this is what I can conclude as to why he isn't a part of the national team"

"Because again, it is clear that performance isn't the criteria here since players with scores around 30,32 as their highest are still part of the team. This is indeed not fair to Umar, and I'd request chairman and chief selector, Haroon Rasheed, to think about it and consider it closely"

"I am talking about Umar. They announced the T20 team and didn't include him in the squad; why? He played last year's PSL and this year's PSL in rather tough conditions. He tried his best to deliver whenever given an opportunity, a chance, limited amount of balls or overs, etc"

"I don't need to explain or tell anyone; everyone is well aware of the reality. Yet, I still cannot comprehend why he isn't being given a chance in the national team, particularly on the batting number where almost every player has been tried"

"The performance of all these players is crystal clear in front of everyone; despite that, you are still not including Umar because he isn't in the likings or good books of the selection committee? Or because Umar is less hyped than others because he plays for the team? Or maybe because he doesn't greet you guys well, doesn't invest a lot of time in flattering - only this is what I can conclude as to why he isn't a part of the national team"

"Because again, it is clear that performance isn't the criteria here since players with scores around 30,32 as their highest are still part of the team. This is indeed not fair to Umar, and I'd request chairman and chief selector, Haroon Rasheed, to think about it and consider it closely"

How shameless can the Akmals get. These guys were given some of the longest runs anyone in PCT have gotten with only a handful of remarkable innings that one can name for each of them. If Umar Akmal had a performance that was similar to Azam Khan in this PSL, then you would of had a case but a guy like Azam Khan is being dropped by 2 bad performances on awful pitches is the real injustice, not this man child not getting selected.

Perform in FC, List A and T20 domestic cricket and force the PCB to select you, don't beg and use nepotism to get your selection.

Legends.
Pakistan owes them big time.
They've been harshly treated by media and fans.
One of the greatest plsyers ever to represent Pakistan - (same league as Imran Farhat and Yasir Hameed).
Bring 'em back.
And, whilst you're at it dont forget Faisal Iqbal and Hasan Raza...

95 runs in 5 innings at PSL8.

Was his performance really that good and deserving of a Pakistan recall?

Very fair comments

UA is still a decent lower order batter

These comments are why you stay well away from the Akmal's and do not give them any attention.

Reality is far away from their grasp and there's nothing you can do to help them. There is no point wasting your mental energy on them.

Let them seethe by themselves if they truly think they've been mistreated. You'll never be able to make them see sense. Umar did nothing in this PSL, has done nothing for several years but feels he is entitled to a recall. Good luck to him.

These comments are why you stay well away from the Akmal's and do not give them any attention.

Reality is far away from their grasp and there's nothing you can do to help them. There is no point wasting your mental energy on them.

Let them seethe by themselves if they truly think they've been mistreated. You'll never be able to make them see sense. Umar did nothing in this PSL, has done nothing for several years but feels he is entitled to a recall. Good luck to him.

Umar is still a better keeper batsman for his position than Rizwan is as an opener

You’ve got to hand it to people who can’t quite read cricket and claim Umar did nothing in the PSL…

Umar Akmal, average 23.75 @186 sr. 8 sixes in 51 bf (6.3 balls per six)

Iftikhar Ahmed, average 23.62 @126 sr. 10 sixes in 149 bf (15 balls per six)

Iftikhar is our power hitter on these stats

Back