"I should have taken legal action against the ICC for banning me from bowling" : Saeed Ajmal

Saeed Ajmal in an interview:

“2008 ke Asia Cup me mera naam trial basis pe announce hua. Uske baad ham select karenge aapko. Mujhe 14 saal ho gaye cricket khelte hue, aapko ye hi nahi pata chala ki Saeed Ajmal kaun hai? Maine inkaar kar diya. Aap mujhe 15 me announce karo, tab hi main aaunga, otherwise main apne ghar me khush aur aap apne ghar me. (I was selected for 2008 Asia Cup on trial basis. I had been playing in Pakistan for 14 years, did they not know who I was? I denied. I said that either you pick me in the 15-member squad, or don't pick me at all)"

“Unhone kaha theek hai. Mudassar Nazar ne mujhe call kiya, maine bola sorry, main nahi aa raha. Vo bole ki aapke saath zyaadti ho rahi hai, you're right. Misbah ne mujhe phone kiya, maine bola Misbah tu mujhe jaanta hai, I'll stick to my rules. Meri ek respect hai, maine Pakistan me top kiya hai, main koi fakeer nahi hu. Agar aapko domestic cricket ki value nahi hai, toh main nahi aa raha. (They said alright. Mudassar Nazar called me, I said sorry but I can't come. He admitted that I was right. Misbah called me and I told him that I'll have to stick to my rules. I have my respect, I've been performing in Pakistan. If you can't value domestic cricket, I can't come)"

“Raat ko team announce hui toh mera naam aa gaya. Camp Karachi me laga tha. Uss vaqt ke chief selector ne kaha, 'ye jo select kiya hai Shoaib Malik aur Misbah ne, iss player ko agar main chaahu, main pad pehenke jau aur main hi naa iss se out hu'. Ye maine suna hai, Malik aur Misbah ne bhi suna. Misbah bola Saeed bhai disappointed nahi hona. Ham aapko khilaayenge. (The same night, the team was announced and I was selected. The camp was in Karachi and I remember the chief selector saying, “this guy, who has been selected by Shoaib Malik and Misbah… if I want, I can face this player in the nets and he won't be able to get me out. I heard this. Misbah and Malik heard it too. Misbah came to me and said, ‘don’t be disappointed. We will play you'),”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...l-s-explosive-revelation-101671113685500.html

Anyone remember who were in selection committee in June 2008?
Saeed Ajmal in an interview:

“2008 ke Asia Cup me mera naam trial basis pe announce hua. Uske baad ham select karenge aapko. Mujhe 14 saal ho gaye cricket khelte hue, aapko ye hi nahi pata chala ki Saeed Ajmal kaun hai? Maine inkaar kar diya. Aap mujhe 15 me announce karo, tab hi main aaunga, otherwise main apne ghar me khush aur aap apne ghar me. (I was selected for 2008 Asia Cup on trial basis. I had been playing in Pakistan for 14 years, did they not know who I was? I denied. I said that either you pick me in the 15-member squad, or don't pick me at all)"

“Unhone kaha theek hai. Mudassar Nazar ne mujhe call kiya, maine bola sorry, main nahi aa raha. Vo bole ki aapke saath zyaadti ho rahi hai, you're right. Misbah ne mujhe phone kiya, maine bola Misbah tu mujhe jaanta hai, I'll stick to my rules. Meri ek respect hai, maine Pakistan me top kiya hai, main koi fakeer nahi hu. Agar aapko domestic cricket ki value nahi hai, toh main nahi aa raha. (They said alright. Mudassar Nazar called me, I said sorry but I can't come. He admitted that I was right. Misbah called me and I told him that I'll have to stick to my rules. I have my respect, I've been performing in Pakistan. If you can't value domestic cricket, I can't come)"

“Raat ko team announce hui toh mera naam aa gaya. Camp Karachi me laga tha. Uss vaqt ke chief selector ne kaha, 'ye jo select kiya hai Shoaib Malik aur Misbah ne, iss player ko agar main chaahu, main pad pehenke jau aur main hi naa iss se out hu'. Ye maine suna hai, Malik aur Misbah ne bhi suna. Misbah bola Saeed bhai disappointed nahi hona. Ham aapko khilaayenge. (The same night, the team was announced and I was selected. The camp was in Karachi and I remember the chief selector saying, “this guy, who has been selected by Shoaib Malik and Misbah… if I want, I can face this player in the nets and he won't be able to get me out. I heard this. Misbah and Malik heard it too. Misbah came to me and said, ‘don’t be disappointed. We will play you'),”

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...l-s-explosive-revelation-101671113685500.html

Saeed Ajmal has now revealed that he endured a significantly tough debut in 2008, where he was told that it would be his “first and the last” match. Ajmal had earlier spoke about how the-then Pakistan chief selector had said that he could play out the spinner in the nets without being dismissed. The former spinner had made his debut against India in the Asia Cup in July 2008, and registered figures of 1/47 in 10 overs in an ODI, taking the wicket of Yusuf Pathan.

“Jab main aaya, toh pehla match India ke khilaaf mila. Debut se pehle mere ko kaha gaya ki ye mera pehla aur aakhiri match hai. Kaha gaya ki Saeed Ajmal perform karta hai toh khelega, nahi karta toh nahi khelega. Aur match India se tha, saari duniya dekhti hai vo match. (I got my first match against India. Before my debut, I was told that this would be my first and the last match. They said that if I performed well, I would play and if I don't do well, I won't. And the match was against India; the entire world watches that game)

"Jab main andar gaya, mujhe cramp pad gaye pehle hi 10 over me. Misbah kaptaan tha uss time, aur usne bola tujhe powerplay me over karna hai. Maine Misbah ko kaha ki mujhe cramp padh rahe hain, mujhe jaldi over de de taaki main over karke bahar chala jau. Misbah bola, 'ye kya keh rahe ho? Mujhe tumko aakhri over dene hain'. (When I went inside, I faced cramps. Misbah was the captain, and he told me I had to do overs in the powerplay. I said that I'm having cramps, give me overs now and let me leave. He replied, 'what are you saying? I have to give you overs in the end).

"Mujhe aur cramps pade. Pehle 5 over kiye, achhi bowling ki. Maine koi doosra nahi kiya, mujhe bas runs rokne the. Uske baad main patti baandh ke aaya, 3-4 ovesr kiye, fir cramp pad gaye. (I had more cramps. I bowled my first five overs and did well. I didn't bowl the doosra. I contained runs. Then, I bandaged myself, bowled 3-4 overs and faced cramps again).

“Crowd ne pressure kiya tha, media ne kiya tha. Sab kuch bardaasht kiya, aakhiri over kiya, uske baad maine jo bowling ki. Maza aaya. (There was the pressure of the crowd and media. I tolerated everything but I bowled the final over. It was fun)

Ajmal picked Yusuf Pathan's wicket in his final over of the Indian innings and Pakistan went on to win the match by 8 wickets.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-jaw-dropping-revelation-101671122453521.html

It is interesting to see that Ajmal not getting selected in October 2008, four months after the Asia Cup events, was the reason why the Chief Selector resigned.

Apparently he had named Ajmal in the squad for quadruple series in Canada but PCB overruled him, & he ended up resigning.

==

Pakistan's chief selector, Salahuddin Ahmed, has resigned, claiming a change was made to the original 15-man squad for the four-nation Twenty20 tournament in Canada without the selectors' consent.

Salahuddin said they had chosen offspinner Saeed Ajmal in the squad, but instead uncapped opening batsman Shoaib Khan was included in the list announced by the PCB on Tuesday. Salahuddin said he and his fellow selectors Shafqat Rana and Saleem Jaffar hadn't been informed of the board's decision.

"I left for Karachi immediately after finalising the team but when the Pakistan Cricket Board announced the team in Lahore, Shoaib Khan was named in the squad," Salahuddin told the Associated Press. "Nobody in the cricket board had the courtesy to ask me or the other two selectors before replacing a player and I felt insulted.

"I have faxed my resignation to the PCB office in Lahore as I do not compromise on merit." Salahuddin also questioned the logic of the move; Shoaib Khan is the fourth opener in the team alongside Salman Butt, Khalid Latif and wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal. "We had already selected three openers in the 15-member squad for the Toronto event and it makes little sense to include a fourth one," Salahuddin said. "It's not the right decision."

Salahuddin, 61, had served 13 times on Pakistan's selection committee between 1979 and 1999 before his latest appointment, which came after the team's first-round exit from the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies. On Tuesday, the PCB named Ijaz Butt, the former Test opener, as the board's new chairman, taking over from the position left vacant after Nasim Ashraf's resignation in August.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celebrating the 46th birthday of Saeed Ajmal today! His extraordinary spin bowling skills have been instrumental in securing numerous victories for Pakistan and establishing him as a top-tier international bowler. Wishing this cricketing maestro! a very Happy Birthday! 🎉🏏

Honestly watching his bowling was entertaining.

Yes it was chucking but I still enjoyed his bowling nonetheless.

yeah even harbhajan sigh used to band the arm over certain degrees but neglected by the ICC
Incorrect. Harbhajan was reported.Checked and he modified his action.

Asserting that the timing of the crackdown on illegal actions is not a conspiracy, ICC CEO David Richardson lauded Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh for correcting his bowling action after being called twice in his career and making it absolutely legal.

“At one stage his (Harbhajan Singh) action came under a bit of scrutiny. He did a fantastic job in adapting his action to make sure that he was now bowling legally. And now there is no question mark about the way he bowls. I think yes the ICC has cracked down on bowlers that are extending their arm during the delivery and there is no conspiracy about the timing of it,” Richardson said on the sidelines of an ICC event where luxury watch brand ‘Hublot’ was announced as the official timekeeper of the 2015 World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

Saeed could never recover after he modified his action. He lost his charm. What a bowler he was back in those days.

What a spell saeed ajmal bowled tonight against England! He is proving that he is still one of the best spinners in Pakistan.

His match figures: 3 overs, 3/12
Hold your horses lol at one of the best spinners in Pakistan.

Current Pakistani spinners are some of the least talented spinners ever.

Maybe Ajmal is indeed better than Shadab and Nawaz

Don’t understand why he gave up with remodelled action?

The way he is bowling now is fine. Don’t see him chucking the ball.

Saeed Ajmal dismisses Ambayti Rayudu in his 2nd over in the WCL final 2024 but can he turn the tables for Pakistan Champions here? His figures so far 1/5

He’s still the biggest match winner ever in the history of Pakistan cricket.

Hold your horses lol at one of the best spinners in Pakistan. Ajmal is the greatest pakistani spinner all time.

Ajmal without chucking is mediocre but still miles better then shadab or anyone we have atm excluding abrar who's quality.

Even now ajmal is a better bowler then Usama mir.

Chuck Ajmal is the greatest pakistani spinner all time.

Ajmal without chucking is mediocre but still miles better then shadab or anyone we have atm excluding abrar who's quality.

Even now ajmal is a better bowler then Usama mir.
@DeadlyVenom rather then laughing, atleast counter properly. Ajmal without chucking is medicore, but rn debate, who is the better spinner, Shadab or Ajmal.

I'd rather not debate this thank you.
the hole logic seems to be lsot.

Like offcoruse a guy who uses cheats on his game compared to a guy who doesnt cheat, the one who cheats will be better because ERGO, he is using cheats.

I

the hole logic seems to be lsot.

Like offcoruse a guy who uses cheats on his game compared to a guy who doesnt cheat, the one who cheats will be better because ERGO, he is using cheats.

I
Who is the better spinner, Non chuck Ajmal or current Shadab.

Ajmal bowled a beautiful spell, I enjoyed it, his old action was more exciting for sure though, I think in his prime within the 15 degree limit he was box office. But 5 years into his career Misbah completely ruined him like he does most players, he messed up his action. Regardless, for Ajmal to have had success he needed to have a high cricketing IQ and awareness off how to set up / restrict batsman, he was also instrumental in helping spinners at Worcestershire during his stint there and especially Moeen Ali who went on to take more wickets then Ajmal himself in Tests despite being an inferior offie! I think he’d make a good spin coach and though I am not advising he should play for Pak, I’d bet with my life he’d out-bowl Shadab who technically is not even a spinner, he’s more of a broken bowling machine.

I agree that Ajmal gave up prematurely, his confidence was at an all time low and he got little support during that period and he probably thought lets call it a day after the Bangla bros put him away. At least he had the decency to leave after that when you got cowards who keep playing despite numerous humiliations against teams well below Bangladesh in the hierarchy.

Anyway, Saeed bhai should sue Misbah, not the ICC!

Saeed Ajmal is the last to spin his way to 100 wickets in a calendar year for Pakistan with 111 wicket in 2013

Back