ICC World T20 | Super 8s | India v/s Australia | 28th Sep 2012

Sidcricfan

T20I Debutant
Runs
595x446.jpg

V/S

George_Bailey_T20.ashx

Lol haters already here.

On thread, should be an exciting match. I don't think our bowlers can restrict hussy, watson. It'l depend on how much score we make. We need 180+ to have any chance.

Lol at the Aus/Ind thread appearing before the Pak/SA thread.

I would go for Aus on the basis that they recently played Pak spin in UAE in good conditions and should not feel too troubled on a pitch that may start spinning in the evening. Also, I see them chasing down anything that Indian batman will score with the likes of this current Indian bowling attack and i don't see India making much against the young Aussie pace attack.

Well whoever wins this game has a good chance of making the semis and whoever loses is almost out of the WC. Whoever winning the Pak/SA will definitely make the semis and the loser will compete with the winner of this match for the other spot :)
So for India and Aus, its almost a do or die match.

Originally Posted by shades

and it same for the MIGHTY PAKISTAN VS ROYAL CHOKERS {NO OFFENSE SEE THE CHOKER LIST-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choke_(sports)

Last edited:
Well whoever wins this game has a good chance of making the semis and whoever loses is almost out of the WC. Whoever winning the Pak/SA will definitely make the semis and the loser will compete with the winner of this match for the other spot :)

:facepalm:

Its important for all teams to get to a winning start, however one Loss doesn't throws anyone out but surely makes equation very difficult for them.

Aus and SA starts as favorites today.

lol. if pitch is going to help spinners, i see both Pakistan and India start as favorites. SA and Aus have big reputation and well balanced teams. but if the pitch helps spinners, it makes up for some of the weakness India and Pakistan have and they become super difficult to beat.

We are yet to win a WT20 Super 8s game in our last 6 attempts, will we be able to taste that long evading win in Super 8s?

BTW, MSD is said to be inclined towards having 5 bowlers for today's game (probably Zaheer to replace Dinda but rest could be the same eleven that played against England i.e., Viru misses again and Kohli to open innings).

BTW, MSD is said to be inclined towards having 5 bowlers for today's game (probably Zaheer to replace Dinda but rest could be the same eleven that played against England i.e., Viru misses again and Kohli to open innings).

Would be a good decision. Playing Dinda/Balaji is like playing with 10 players.

In place of Sehwag, either add an extra batter in Tiwari or an extra spinner

Sehwag should play T20 games man.

He is the type of player that can kick the opposition to the curb if he stays for 5 or 6 overs.

Spot On :D

I would have dropped Zak and picked in Sehwag.

I would rate Zak's bowling on par with Sehwag's spin in these conditions.

Counting in Viru's prowess with the bat and fielding, it would be an easy decision for me.

Zak has lost it folks. He gives away too many runs and is an extremely poor fielder. I hope he proves me wrong today.

India must be favourites, but hope Aussies cause an upset here!

Australians did not see the previous game and india vs england game or what? they have gone with just 1 spinner:facepalm:

Sharp footwork there from the bowler - gets the runout and india lose their first wicket

I haven't been following Indian cricket as of late. Irfan Pathan opens the batting now?

Last edited:
Irfan Pathan hasn't been able to middle any of his shots. I think it is a bad move to make him open. He should come low down the other.

Lol wat? i just looked at the scorecard and pathan opening? wat happened to sehwag? :))

India`s bowling is pathethic , nothing like Pakistan,
so they need atleast 180 plus runs to have a game against Aussies.

Back