"If I had been one to lobby then today I would have been the chief of PCB": Shahid Afridi

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
I second him Lala here!

=====

Shahid Afridi ,in a recent ceremony, spoke his heart out on the captaincy saga with some interesting thoughts:

"If I had been one to lobby then today I would have been the chief of PCB"

"As an individual would I have liked to be the one to suggest that Shaheen Shah Afridi be made the captain of team? Even I, won't like to hear such words coming from my side as it does not look right for me to suggest a person from my own household for this position"

"I have already said this before when I met the Prime Minister. I suggested the name of Mohammad Rizwan for the captaincy there. I have not said this now but had suggested the same 4 to 6 months ago that Mohammad Rizwan needs to be the captain in the white-ball format and Babar Azam should have continued in the red-ball format instead of being removed."

"Now the problem is that there are so many voices out there talking about this, how can one answer all of them?"

"My conscience is satisfied with the above suggestions"

Last edited by a moderator:
Afridi is great at reading the crowd and then saying what you want to hear, top top politician; imagine he displayed even one 1% of these chalakiyan during batting in his international career, he’d have cemented ATG status.

"I have already said this before when I met the Prime Minister. I suggested the name of Mohammad Rizwan for the captaincy there. I have not said this now but had suggested the same 4 to 6 months ago that Mohammad Rizwan needs to be the captain in the white-ball format and Babar Azam should have continued in the red-ball format instead of being removed."
He has been lobbying for months for this, but to no avail

This guy is a prime example of a hypocrite man. Cant believe any words coming from his mouth. Biggest drama and fake cricketer every produced by Pakistan

Already floated the idea of himself being the chairman. Only a matter of time before he gets the reign. He's working diligently towards it.

I second him Lala here!

=====

Shahid Afridi ,in a recent ceremony, spoke his heart out on the captaincy saga with some interesting thoughts:

"If I had been one to lobby then today I would have been the chief of PCB"

"As an individual would I have liked to be the one to suggest that Shaheen Shah Afridi be made the captain of team? Even I, won't like to hear such words coming from my side as it does not look right for me to suggest a person from my own household for this position"

"Now the problem is that there are so many voices out there talking about this, how can one answer all of them?"

"My conscience is satisfied with the above suggestions"
Rightly said. I've been hearing him advocating for Rizwan as captain for months. Even before Shaheen Afridi.

One thing making "smart" comments to the media . Quite another to have cricketing intelligence. Explains most of his international career

well it was Shahid Afridi who started lobbying in the Pakistan team against Younis Khan when he was captain back in 2009... Saeed Ajmal has openly mentioned this in one of his interview.

Afridi should have advised his Son in Law that it was suicidal for him to publicly praise IK and PTI on his social media in the present environment in Pakistan.

Afridi should have advised his Son in Law that it was suicidal for him to publicly praise IK and PTI on his social media in the present environment in Pakistan.
I am always surprised by how these two sasur/damad get along with each other... one is anti Imran Khan and the other is a die hard fan of him. :D

well it was Shahid Afridi who started lobbying in the Pakistan team against Younis Khan when he was captain back in 2009... Saeed Ajmal has openly mentioned this in one of his interview.
how was that lobbying? Younis was acting like a tool and the players rightly took an action against him.

The whole story is over blown and is made to look Younis as the victim when in fact players were fed up with his attitude and were right in wanting him to be removiing.
There were no bad motives to remove him, Younis gets crazy when he gets authority. he is like Dwigh Shrute. After all the attitude by him, yet he dropped Grant Ellito in the Champions trophy and allowed NZ to win

Why is Shahid Afridi in a position to even offer the name of a potential captain to our prime minister?

Firstly, our prime minister should not be the one selecting our cricket captains. He should select a competent PCB chief who selected competent personnel to make these decisions.

Secondly, why should Shahid Afridi have any say in the matter? Our ex cricketers try to exert too much influence over our cricket.

I admire Afridi's charity work because any charity work makes a difference to the lives of people but the guy comes across as brain dead oaf when he opens his mouth

Why is Shahid Afridi in a position to even offer the name of a potential captain to our prime minister?

Firstly, our prime minister should not be the one selecting our cricket captains. He should select a competent PCB chief who selected competent personnel to make these decisions.

Secondly, why should Shahid Afridi have any say in the matter? Our ex cricketers try to exert too much influence over our cricket.
because unlike you and me, he is an ex cricketer, so prime minister will value his opinion more

because unlike you and me, he is an ex cricketer, so prime minister will value his opinion more
Yeah but my argument is that he shouldn’t be listening to you, me, or any ex cricketer either.

The prime minister has enough free time to meet with Shahid Afridi to discuss who our next captain should be?

Shahid Afridi, Misbah, or any other ex player or captain has no business exerting influence over our cricket if they do not hold official positions in the PCB

Yeah but my argument is that he shouldn’t be listening to you, me, or any ex cricketer either.

The prime minister has enough free time to meet with Shahid Afridi to discuss who our next captain should be?

Shahid Afridi, Misbah, or any other ex player or captain has no business exerting influence over our cricket if they do not hold official positions in the PCB
I agree with your argument, that no matter if the PM is Imran or Shebaz, the cricket decisions does not concern him.

him and Misbah along with Kamran AKmal were the main culprits. Reason being Younis Khan was strict on the players in terms of discipline and fitness. and look where we are not with out fat to skinny fat lot of players

how was that lobbying? Younis was acting like a tool and the players rightly took an action against him.

The whole story is over blown and is made to look Younis as the victim when in fact players were fed up with his attitude and were right in wanting him to be removiing.
There were no bad motives to remove him, Younis gets crazy when he gets authority. he is like Dwigh Shrute. After all the attitude by him, yet he dropped Grant Ellito in the Champions trophy and allowed NZ to win
he was one of our best fielders and when he dropped that catch in the semi final he had a broken finger and he still stayed on the pitch to captain. I hate him taking position then resigning within months but he was better than all of our garbage captains and you really have no sense of cricket if you are going to be siding with politicians and snakes like Afridi, Misbah, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik all that conspired against him

he was one of our best fielders and when he dropped that catch in the semi final he had a broken finger and he still stayed on the pitch to captain. I hate him taking position then resigning within months but he was better than all of our garbage captains and you really have no sense of cricket if you are going to be siding with politicians and snakes like Afridi, Misbah, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik all that conspired against him
He was not the best fielder. That was an overstatement by people because he had more catches. THey just used to stand him at catching positions which is why he had more catches.

The reason why we lost to NZ was when he dropped that catch and ended up getting us eliminated from the champions trophy.

If he was injured, than he selfishly stayed on the field because no matter who you are, if you have injury, you need to get off the field.

No he was not a better captain. In modern history, he was the only captain to have players against him because he was a terrible leader.

There was no conspiracy. In any organization when you have a toxic boss, the employees will stand up to him. Younis was rightly placed back to his ordinary position.

Gotta agree with him here . Fridi got pull with the boys and he easily could've got the position if he desired . HE has been pretty clear even after Shaheens appointment as captain that he wanted Rizzy to lead.

Gotta agree with him here . Fridi got pull with the boys and he easily could've got the position if he desired . HE has been pretty clear even after Shaheens appointment as captain that he wanted Rizzy to lead.

But he has bigger things on his mind. Wants to be the next Imran Khan, that's what they're positioning him for

Shahid Afridi meeting PM was the wrong thing done. Why PM is meeting cricketers? He has nothing to do with meeting Shahid Afridi and talking about cricket matters with him. He could meet the PCB chairman but not any individual player.

But yes, we know the reason for this special protocol.

But he has bigger things on his mind. Wants to be the next Imran Khan, that's what they're positioning him for

He won’t be able to come close to IK. Boys can try whatever they want, Afridi doesn’t even have 10% of the chutzpah and persona.

He was not the best fielder. That was an overstatement by people because he had more catches. THey just used to stand him at catching positions which is why he had more catches.

The reason why we lost to NZ was when he dropped that catch and ended up getting us eliminated from the champions trophy.

If he was injured, than he selfishly stayed on the field because no matter who you are, if you have injury, you need to get off the field.

No he was not a better captain. In modern history, he was the only captain to have players against him because he was a terrible leader.

There was no conspiracy. In any organization when you have a toxic boss, the employees will stand up to him. Younis was rightly placed back to his ordinary position.

Younis was better than all Pakistani captains bar Imran.

It is a fact.

Doesnt matter how toxic he was, he was able to gel the team into a win.

Do you know how toxic Waugh was? Yet he was rightly regarded as great captain because he could control multiple egos.

At the end its the trophies you win with egos that counts.

And Younis did.

That's the mark of a true politician.

Hide your intentions behind a front man...in this case behind Rizzu.

It is a fact.

Do you know how toxic Waugh was? Yet he was rightly regarded as great captain because he could control multiple egos.

And Younis did.
Imran Khan is overhyped. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and a fine captain but he never had to deal with an ego house of a team. Social media wasn't a thing back then and Pakistan cricket wasn't a political mafia, so he never needed to gell a team, he just needed to identify and assign positions correctly.

He's also the luckiest captain, YK and sarfraz were lucky but not nearly as lucky as Imran was.

Pakistan lost 4 games on the dot, and the 5th one we were goners, England had chased that, bur rain and kudrat ki nizam struck. Credit to him for staging an amazing comeback but he got extremely extremely lucky thanks to other sides botching and rain saving him.

YK had to deal with an egotistcal mafia, and Sarfraz had to fix a team a team that misbah butchered and azhar took to no 9.

2017, 2009 and 1992 were genuinely pur strongest team though, our 2017 team murders our current 2024 team, So does our 2009 team and so does our 1992 team.

Imo as captains (IN TOURNAMANETS AND PEAK PERFORMANCE ONLY, I'm only talking about 1992, 2017 and 2009, please any poster keep 2018-2019 Sarfraz out of it)

YK > Sarfraz > Imran. (I hope any poster reading this doesn't jump the nostalgia train, please)

As players

Imran >>>>>> YK >>>>>> Sarfraz 100%.

Overall captains

YK > Imran > Sarfraz

Sarfraz's 2018-2019 streak kinda ruined him a bit.

It is a fact.

And Younis did.
It is not a fact, it is an opinion.

It does matter how toxic you are, and no that is not called gelling when all the players are against you. He was a crazy toxic individual who didnt know how to handle authority over players.

I dont care what Waugh did, does not concern me.

If Trophies count, than Intikhab Alam was probably the best coach Pakistan ever had, if that is the logic we are going to apply around here.

Younis Khan does down as amongst the worst captains because he was one of the very few against whom the players stood up.

It is not a fact, it is an opinion.

It does matter how toxic you are, and no that is not called gelling when all the players are against you. He was a crazy toxic individual who didnt know how to handle authority over players.

I dont care what Waugh did, does not concern me.

If Trophies count, than Intikhab Alam was probably the best coach Pakistan ever had, if that is the logic we are going to apply around here.

Younis Khan does down as amongst the worst captains because he was one of the very few against whom the players stood up.

Bro by their logic ABDV would be a loser cause he didn't win the World Cup

Bro by their logic ABDV would be a loser cause he didn't win the World Cup
Abd is the greatest player to never win a world cup. That's a fact. (Exlcuding the old test greats like Bradman ofcourse)

Theirs no by their logic.

If you say something stupid like babar is world class, it my duty to counter. Sorry, you have no idea what world class entails.

Abd is the greatest player to never win a world cup. That's a fact. (Exlcuding the old test greats like Bradman ofcourse)

Theirs no by their logic.

If you say something stupid like babar is world class, it my duty to counter. Sorry, you have no idea what world class entails.

So what does it entail? Before it was winning trophies, now its something else. You're great at shifting goal posts

@DeadlyVenom

I'm sorry chacha, is their anything wrong with what I have said?

Did IK not get lucky? Did he have a beyond perfect world cup? Did he have to deal with tiktok and Instagram memes? Did his team not respect him and he had to garner respect?

Imran Khan is a fantastic player, one of the greats of the game, but don't ride the nostalgia train, in terms of luck and talent pool he was playing with once in a generational talents alongside him having the luckiest world cup ever.

Kudrat ki nizam was beyond strong for him. He had it much much easier then sarfraz and yk in terms of winning a cup and gelling a team.

Although tbf, Sarfraz post 2017 fell off because he became a bit too relaxed.

So what does it entail? Before it was winning trophies, now its something else. You're great at shifting goal posts
I didn't make said claim about winning trophies being the only thing that matters.

If I believed in that, then you'd see me hyping sarfraz as a player over the moon. I don't, he's an average player but plays for the crest in his chest and was a goat captain in 2017 before relaxing in 2018 and 2019 which he shouldn't have done.

I speak the truth, not my fault no one is willing to handle it.

I didn't make said claim about winning trophies being the only thing that matters.

If I believed in that, then you'd see me hyping sarfraz as a player over the moon. I don't, he's an average player but plays for the crest in his chest and was a goat captain in 2017 before relaxing in 2018 and 2019 which he shouldn't have done.

Post was edited but the thing I added was that I didn't make any claim about trophies being the only thing that matters.

You're confusing me for other posters.

So what is the criteria then? We've established its not trophies. Is it rankings? Is it Wisden or ICC awards? Or you just going by your gut feeling

So what is the criteria then? We've established its not trophies. Is it rankings? Is it Wisden or ICC awards? Or you just going by your gut feeling
It's the narrative impact that a player will have once your career ends.

The reality is most of our pakistani greats aren't as good as people remember them, saeed Anwar was an Asian Bully but, he was a virtual tail IN SENA conditions.

But he's a folklore myth of being some gold explosive openers that the world feared, where as in reality he was a classy batsmen in asia, but not a big deal in SENA.

But it's because of his 192 and consistent Asian bullying that he's viewed as a goat. The man in an era where it was still uncommon unless your viv, Basically dominated and set a staple for opening batsmen, a staple which has been carried and shared by other greats like gilchrist, Santh jaysuria etc.

Players like rizwan will have zero narrative relevance lol. He has none, his 131 WOULD HAVE given him some relevance but it was overshadowed by the century galores that occurred in that cup as well as overshadowed by his own teammate fakhar.

As for Babar, honestly I just feel bad for you guys at this point because you're so bad at arguing and defending your hero, Fine I'll help you, but just this once, let me actually help you by giving you an argument you can use against me 😂😂.

Babar's relevance Is NOT THAT 101 against NZ, Future gen's aren't going to remember one score of 101 on a scorecard because that game has no historical significance, it didn't lead Pakistan anywhere, it led them to an exit.

However ironically what Babar may be remembered for is his 68 not out against India as well as the fact that due to the current era being easier to play in then the former era, Stat sheets may show Bobby as statically the best bat for Pakistan.

So he may be remembered for the statically best bat for Pakistan and for that 68 not out as India had always beaten us on t20 stage and made moqa moqa memes, not only was Bobby the captain who ended it, he was also the biggest contributing factor in that 10 wicket humiliation.

^^ There bro, I gave you good arguments in a debate. Thank me later. I want something good to address.

Babar can hit 6 4's in a super over, or Don't disrespect Misbah the legend or rizwan is the top 3 greatest wk bat in the world cause anil kumble said so are stupid arguments in hindsight.

Because of the lobby, Younis Khan was removed from the captaincy.

It's the narrative impact that a player will have once your career ends.

The reality is most of our pakistani greats aren't as good as people remember them, saeed Anwar was an Asian Bully but, he was a virtual tail IN SENA conditions.

But he's a folklore myth of being some gold explosive openers that the world feared, where as in reality he was a classy batsmen in asia, but not a big deal in SENA.

But it's because of his 192 and consistent Asian bullying that he's viewed as a goat. The man in an era where it was still uncommon unless your viv, Basically dominated and set a staple for opening batsmen, a staple which has been carried and shared by other greats like gilchrist, Santh jaysuria etc

By this logic, Babar's narrative is already greater. He has way more fans and has gotten accolades from all the greats of the game including our best ever, Imran Khan, terming him being a better talent than Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas and even Saeed Anwar. Here's the thread you recently got owned in, so no point bringing up those same arguments here:

And Babar's not even close to retirement. By the time he hangs his boots, you're right, he will be the greatest according to stats (doesn't take a soothsayer to see this fact). His name will always come up. But aside from stats he has what others don't, a World cup victory over India. Plus he's lead our team to #1. He might even go down as our most powerful captain ever, that narrative is also catching on.

Saeed Anwar scored 194 not 192 and the reason it's remembered is because it was against India, although a team not nearly as strong as it has been in recent times. The aggressive opener template was set by Jayasuriya in the 1996 WC, not Saeed Anwar. It's obvious you haven't watched cricket before the Babar era so I'm surprised you disregard him so much. Babar will go down as Pakistan's greatest ever batter.
Players like rizwan will have zero narrative relevance lol. He has none, his 131 WOULD HAVE given him some relevance but it was overshadowed by the century galores that occurred in that cup as well as overshadowed by his own teammate fakhar.

Every player has their own place in history. Fakhar will be remembered for his innings and Rizwan will be remembered for chasing the highest total in a World Cup. It will always come up whenever a high chase is on the cards in a WC.

As for Babar, honestly I just feel bad for you guys at this point because you're so bad at arguing and defending your hero, Fine I'll help you, but just this once, let me actually help you by giving you an argument you can use against me 😂😂.

You think too highly of yourself. Why is it always about 'I said this' with you. Some arguments are generic and common that you like to take credit for, really weird bro.
Babar can hit 6 4's in a super over, or Don't disrespect Misbah the legend or rizwan is the top 3 greatest wk bat in the world cause anil kumble said so are stupid arguments in hindsight.

The first one is an opinion and a hypothetical scenario, to which I'm still awaiting an answer. We have had problems with the super over, you have acknowledged this, but have not presented any solution. So why are you repeating the same nonsense?

Misbah is a legend, this is a fact. You can disagree but you will never be able to rewrite history with your narrative. He will be remembered as the captain that lead us through our darkest phase with respect and dignity. He also took us to number 1 in tests, and his push-ups at lords and even this smiley :salute are a testament to the fact. And no they were not dark days because Misbah was leading, they were actually dark because we lost your boy Amir to spot fixing and that we couldn't play at home. Again faxx which actually happened, not some fantasy in your head. You continue to expose your lack of cricketing knowledge.

Rizwan would be up there if the ICC had wicket keeper rankings. He did make the ICC team of the year 2 years in a row. He might not be a goat, but he certainly will go down as Pakistan's best wicket keeper ever.

exactly
lets not forget Younis khan put a knife to grant flowers throat just because he disagreed with him

The man in an era where it was still uncommon unless your viv, Basically dominated and set a staple for opening batsmen, a staple which has been carried and shared by other greats like gilchrist, Santh jaysuria etc.
This isn't really correct, jayasuriya was the pioneer in openers making use of the powerplay and racking up 100+ runs in the 1st 15 overs, he set the blueprint in the 1996 wc. He was more destructive than anwar, who was a good attacking opener and used to feast on india and lanka

Yeah I know he doesn't want to be the PCB chief but chief executive of Pak govt.

he needed to lead the team and he felt good enough to field, dropped the catch happens, and he WAS one of our best fielders have you seen his slip catches in test cricket, I dont even know or care about his stats its about the quality of catches. he was always reliable in the slips which is where we drop most of out catches as we saw in the rest test series in Australia. If you dont understand this you shouldnt be talking about cricket

By this logic, Babar's narrative is already greater. He has way more fans and has gotten accolades from all the greats of the game including our best ever, Imran Khan, terming him being a better talent than Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas and even Saeed Anwar. Here's the thread you recently got owned in, so no point bringing up those same arguments here:

And Babar's not even close to retirement. By the time he hangs his boots, you're right, he will be the greatest according to stats (doesn't take a soothsayer to see this fact). His name will always come up. But aside from stats he has what others don't, a World cup victory over India. Plus he's lead our team to #1. He might even go down as our most powerful captain ever, that narrative is also catching on.

Saeed Anwar scored 194 not 192 and the reason it's remembered is because it was against India, although a team not nearly as strong as it has been in recent times. The aggressive opener template was set by Jayasuriya in the 1996 WC, not Saeed Anwar. It's obvious you haven't watched cricket before the Babar era so I'm surprised you disregard him so much. Babar will go down as Pakistan's greatest ever batter.

Every player has their own place in history. Fakhar will be remembered for his innings and Rizwan will be remembered for chasing the highest total in a World Cup. It will always come up whenever a high chase is on the cards in a WC.

You think too highly of yourself. Why is it always about 'I said this' with you. Some arguments are generic and common that you like to take credit for, really weird bro.

The first one is an opinion and a hypothetical scenario, to which I'm still awaiting an answer. We have had problems with the super over, you have acknowledged this, but have not presented any solution. So why are you repeating the same nonsense?

Misbah is a legend, this is a fact. You can disagree but you will never be able to rewrite history with your narrative. He will be remembered as the captain that lead us through our darkest phase with respect and dignity. He also took us to number 1 in tests, and his push-ups at lords and even this smiley :salute are a testament to the fact. And no they were not dark days because Misbah was leading, they were actually dark because we lost your boy Amir to spot fixing and that we couldn't play at home. Again faxx which actually happened, not some fantasy in your head. You continue to expose your lack of cricketing knowledge.

Rizwan would be up there if the ICC had wicket keeper rankings. He did make the ICC team of the year 2 years in a row. He might not be a goat, but he certainly will go down as Pakistan's best wicket keeper ever.
misbah is the legend of meesnas. Not an exaggeration he was one of the most dishonest players ever and the worst captain I have ever witnessed. Dishonest not because he was a fixer. Dishonest because he was a deceiver that fooled you all into thinking he is honest and thinks only about Pakistan cricket

he needed to lead the team and he felt good enough to field, dropped the catch happens, and he WAS one of our best fielders have you seen his slip catches in test cricket, I dont even know or care about his stats its about the quality of catches. he was always reliable in the slips which is where we drop most of out catches as we saw in the rest test series in Australia. If you dont understand this you shouldnt be talking about cricket
Nope he was not the best. Again, our fielding standards were so bad he was made too look very good and was placed in important catching positions.

No need to get defensive and talk downs other to not talk about cricket just because i insulted your favourite player.

Being the no.1 fielder means jack when you drop a catch at the most important time.

He was the reason why we were ousted from the champions trophy 2009. Accept that, and move on.

misbah is the legend of meesnas. Not an exaggeration he was one of the most dishonest players ever and the worst captain I have ever witnessed. Dishonest not because he was a fixer. Dishonest because he was a deceiver that fooled you all into thinking he is honest and thinks only about Pakistan cricket

Was he actually?

Someone on this forum said actions speak louder than words and this is most apt for Misbah. He didn't have the typical Pakistani characteristics of showbaazi or flair and it's true that he was a man of little words however, just look at how he carried the team in the post spot-fixing scandal and no cricket at home phase. He returned our dignity and respect on the cricket field. You might not like his cricketing decisions but to call him dishonest is you just being dishonest to yourself and your country.

If we had leaders like Misbah in all our fields, Pakistan would've been a great nation.

Babar is the worst captain lol. Its not even a close comparison as to who's worse

This thread is not about Misbah and Babar and you guys can clearly see the topic of the thread. Please stay on topic.

Babar is the worst captain lol. Its not even a close comparison as to who's worse
because he learned from the WORST, analyze their captaincy styles there is no difference. Babar will also come on TV after retirement and talk about then current Pak captain and say "the field needs to be more aggressive" just like how Misbah and Waqar do now

because he learned from the WORST, analyze their captaincy styles there is no difference. Babar will also come on TV after retirement and talk about then current Pak captain and say "the field needs to be more aggressive" just like how Misbah and Waqar do now
No their captaincy styles are Massively different in terms of onfield tactics.

Their team selection style is the same though. Both prefer accumulators and have stubborn views on game approach and their own roles in the team with both believing themselves to be vital anchors.

Babar and misbah both had the same philosophy of batting slow and steady for 30 overs and then hope to chase 180 in the final 20 with 2 to 3 wickets down 😂😂, or if batting first always aim for that 250-270 I'm an era where teams are trying to reach 350 every game lol

Someone on this forum said actions speak louder than words and this is most apt for Misbah. He didn't have the typical Pakistani characteristics of showbaazi or flair and it's true that he was a man of little words however, just look at how he carried the team in the post spot-fixing scandal and no cricket at home phase. He returned our dignity and respect on the cricket field. You might not like his cricketing decisions but to call him dishonest is you just being dishonest to yourself and your country.

If we had leaders like Misbah in all our fields, Pakistan would've been a great nation.
yet 4 players under him were spot fixers in PSL, his best friends were Wahab Riaz Kamran Akmal Shoaib Malik, all investigated for spot fixing. Such an honest guy that he took 3 roles when he came on as coach without any coaching credentials but took on the 3 roles for 'accountability' and then end up taking 0 responsibility and goes on TV as an analyst to criticize defensive captaincy. Such an honest guy that he kept playing Akmal brothers and other meesnas in the team. The only reason we won some test matches under him were all because of Younis Khans batting mainly. The same Younis Khan who mister honest Misbah had conspired against to remove him from captaincy. Answer any of these FACTS and then talk

No their captaincy styles are Massively different in terms of onfield tactics.

Their team selection style is the same though. Both prefer accumulators and have stubborn views on game approach and their own roles in the team with both believing themselves to be vital anchors.

Babar and misbah both had the same philosophy of batting slow and steady for 30 overs and then hope to chase 180 in the final 20 with 2 to 3 wickets down 😂😂, or if batting first always aim for that 250-270 I'm an era where teams are trying to reach 350 every game lol
can you elaborate on how their captaincy styles were different?, Did Misbah bring mid on or mod off for a new batsman? did he not bring in PArt time bowlers to get through their overs as as a new batsman would come on? did he not quickly get rid of slips as soon as he could? all of our captains since Inzi have been following the same template besides Younis Khan, Hafeez had a very short stint he was slightly different. Sarfaraz started off attacking then followed the same blue print. These are all facts rewatch all the games, hear the commentary, analyze then come to your conclusions

can you elaborate on how their captaincy styles were different?, Did Misbah bring mid on or mod off for a new batsman? did he not bring in PArt time bowlers to get through their overs as as a new batsman would come on? did he not quickly get rid of slips as soon as he could? all of our captains since Inzi have been following the same template besides Younis Khan, Hafeez had a very short stint he was slightly different. Sarfaraz started off attacking then followed the same blue print. These are all facts rewatch all the games, hear the commentary, analyze then come to your conclusions
I've already listed similarities so in terms of onfield tactics

Babar has a frequent habit of randomly placing 3rd slip but no 2nd or 1st slip and not placing slips for spinners.

While misbah also didn't place slips for spinners he never placed a 3rd slip without 2nd or 1st.

Babar also usually sticks by a formula, against india in the 1st rained off asia cup game, after pacers crippled Indian top order, Babar brought in 30 overs of spin rather then alternating to keep pressure.

Misbah never did that, he ironically brought saeed ajmal and the chuckers from overs 27 onwards till the death. Misbah had a frequent habit of altering fast and spin.

Babar also scolds and shouts at his team leading to drop catches and misfields more then misbah who was usually calm and cool on the field.

Babar is also 100x worse then misbah at reviews since Babar let's shaheen burn reviews usually while misbah never did even when afridi use to do his nonsense pressure antics as a bowler.

Misbah also never relied on part time bowlers either, his bowlers during the chucking era were always 3 pacers + Afridi, Ajmal and hafeez combo which doesn't qualify as part timers.

In the 2015 wc, only part timer he utilised was haris sohail, otherwise ehsan, Rahat, Afridi, Wahab, etc were mostly his mains,

While Babar makes saim ayub bowl, he's tried chacha bowling at inconvenient times, he's even had fakhar bowl in occasions.

yet 4 players under him were spot fixers in PSL, his best friends were Wahab Riaz Kamran Akmal Shoaib Malik, all investigated for spot fixing. Such an honest guy that he took 3 roles when he came on as coach without any coaching credentials but took on the 3 roles for 'accountability' and then end up taking 0 responsibility and goes on TV as an analyst to criticize defensive captaincy. Such an honest guy that he kept playing Akmal brothers and other meesnas in the team. The only reason we won some test matches under him were all because of Younis Khans batting mainly. The same Younis Khan who mister honest Misbah had conspired against to remove him from captaincy. Answer any of these FACTS and then talk

I will try keeping this simple based on your arguments:

1. Everyone in the World is Misbah’s best friend according to his critics. First it was Waqar then Younis Khan, Sohail Khan, even Iftimania. Now if you want to add Akmals, Wahab and Malik, it's not an issue as you're free to think how'd you like. Other players being involved in fixing activities doesn't make Misbah corrupt, even if they are friends.

2. He was offered the dual role of head coach and chief selector. It was an experiment to address miscommunication between the two roles. Nothing wrong in PCB chosing who they thought is the best man for the job. Again doesn't make him corrupt.

3. The 3rd role of being a PSL coach was in fact a conflict of interest and probably the only genuine criticism of Misbah. My issue about it at that time was that he's not doing justice to the role as the National team was always on his mind and he was using the ISLU coaching position to experiment. He was playing both Faheem and Wasim Jnr plus Hussain Talat for an allrounder position, making the ISLU squad terribly unbalanced. All to see who can come out as the top contender for national selection. It was a minor conflict of interest, I am not going to hold it against him as he had an eye for the bigger picture. Sadly in a country like Pakistan, conflicts of interest are ranked very low on the corruption scale and are acceptable.

4. As for the Akmal brothers and keeping those meesnas in the team you would, and I assume this due to you remembering the Younis Khan incident, remember the time they had a falling out with Waqar and Misbah. Both even advocated that Umar and Shehzad be kept out of the team. I think Misbah should be given credit for how he handled a player like Umar as Misbah didn't hold any grudges against him. Takes a man with a big heart to forget the past.

5. Now coming to your favourite player, Younis Khan, he's let's face the truth, insane and not right in the head. This is a guy who dragged a fan to his dressing room and beat him up. He held a knife at someone as well. He was hot one day, cold another. Misbah didn't leaf the revolt against him, if he did YK would have never forgiven him and we would have never seen the MisYou era. YK was a terrific test player, no doubt about this but he was also a black mailer and jealous of Misbah. Don't forget how he cried his way into the team for the 2015 ODI World Cup. Misbah has always treated hjn with respect regardless of YK's childish attitude.

Back