If India Under-19s can play in the UAE, why can't the senior team?

Torpedo

Local Club Regular
Runs
With the Under 19's Asia Cup Final to be played in Sharjah tomorrow between India and Pakistan, why does the BCCI or the Indian government let the under 19 team play in the UAE but not the senior team?

Sounds more like a rant than a legit question.

I dont have any clue either may be BCCI valued the senior team more, just kidding. I guess BCCI did not sent u19 to UAE if it was a bilateral series.most often or not India pakistan encounter occurs in tournament format. So I dont think that BCCI has any problem to sent indian team to UAE for a tournament.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

They are experimenting with the juniors first. If they win, we might play you again over there.

Their afraid of getting leathered. The scars of the past run very deep.

Yeah i must say in that regard Pak team has been brave for that they always meet us in world cups despite knowing the fact whats gonna happen to them. :yk #respect

The GOI issued an order way back in 2000 that the "NATIONAL TEAM" will not play in UAE.

The U-19 team is not the "NATIONAL TEAM".Its the U-19 team.

Tbh, I doubt any people would even notice the under 19s but they would notice people like dhoni, kohli etc which is upsetting because it would be s thrilling series

Miandad's six has scarred BCCI and Indian confidence. :nehra

GOI simply plays into the hands of people's sentiments.

I don't know how many times I heard this from Indians that while Pak born or trained terrorists are killing innocent Indians, our Cricket team is playing games with Pak bla bla bla...

Nobody wants to face the wrath of public sentiment and lose power in Delhi for just over a insignificant cricket game.

While most educated folk would love to watch Ind-Pak compete on the cricket field, there are many others who do not like the idea.

I really don't care anymore.

We spanked them in India.

Thank you Nasir.

nasir-jamshed-photos-fb-covers-hd-wallpapers-for-desktop-1.jpg

The GOI issued an order way back in 2000 that the "NATIONAL TEAM" will not play in UAE.

The U-19 team is not the "NATIONAL TEAM".Its the U-19 team.

Source?

Then why did the NATIONAL TEAM play in the UAE in an ODI series vs Pakistan in 2006?

Sounds more like a rant than a legit question.

Sounds more like an Indian being defensive when asked a logical question. But again, nothing new on this forum. No matter what the issue, whether it is DRS or any other BCCI "ghunda gardi", there are some people who would rationalize BCCI's actions no matter what.

Yeah i must say in that regard Pak team has been brave for that they always meet us in world cups despite knowing the fact whats gonna happen to them. :yk #respect

Bangladesh have been playing cricket for years and losing nearly all the matches, they know they will lose a match still it doesn't stop them for playing.
Not many cowards in cricket who runs off fearing the result!

Because india 19s will win the tournament lol, disappointed pak lost

With the Under 19's Asia Cup Final to be played in Sharjah tomorrow between India and Pakistan, why does the BCCI or the Indian government let the under 19 team play in the UAE but not the senior team?

If a major tournament like Asia cup or world cup was being played in UAE India wouldn't have any problem. I think it's the bi-lateral tournament they have problems with.

I really don't care anymore.

We spanked them in India.

Thank you Nasir.

nasir-jamshed-photos-fb-covers-hd-wallpapers-for-desktop-1.jpg

Sometimes I think it is some carefully planned strategy by India to intentionally lose these unimportant tournaments and make heroes of ordinary players who then make Pakistan team suffer for years. Butt, Malik and Nasir are just some examples :razzaq

Re: If India U19's can play in UAE, why can't the senior team?

Source?

Then why did the NATIONAL TEAM play in the UAE in an ODI series vs Pakistan in 2006?

Source is any newspaper from 2000.Google it.

Initially that ban was for 3 years.So Bcci played a seriez in UAE and also Malaysua also in 2006.The govt. Was ****** and Bcci was told to not play in such places.

Sometimes I think it is some carefully planned strategy by India to intentionally lose these unimportant tournaments and make heroes of ordinary players who then make Pakistan team suffer for years. Butt, Malik and Nasir are just some examples :razzaq

you should write for right wing publications around the world. :)

Last edited:

:)) :)) Good one

Sounds more like an Indian being defensive when asked a logical question. But again, nothing new on this forum. No matter what the issue, whether it is DRS or any other BCCI "ghunda gardi", there are some people who would rationalize BCCI's actions no matter what.

Defensive? :D

PCB's legendary ways to keep cricket clean is well documented. Whereas India is always the big bad bully who does nothing to catch the bookies.
The steps which came out like exposing tapes of Cronje, keeping the things tight for people like Gibbs, Banning of players like Azhar, jadeja, mongia, Sreesanth and others is just not 'worth considering'
That BCCI banned an entire venue too is just a step which is good to be ignored.

I dont support bcci's hegemony one bit, but the steps they have taken to take out corrupt players are pretty decent.

Last edited:
Its because ICC stands for Indian Cricket Council :)))

Considering the fact that we've acquired the test status, retty recently compare to other countries. yeah..we've done fairly enough.
There is a site called cricinfo. So go n check about innings played SL batsmen on away conditions. We have won matches in England, South Africa, NZ n so on.

But I know as a fact that your world's best batting side got owned in SA a few weeks ago. The funny things is that BCCI had picked the venues. But still lost. :))) So who are the real flat track bullies ???

Who is this we ??? (what kinda stupid question is that anyway) We = Sri Lankans.

By the way, don't speak for the ICC. ICC stands for Int. Cricket Council not Indian Cricket Council, in case you didn't know.

Do you even know what are you posting???
Yo

If Under 19 Asia Cup can be played in UAE, next month's Asia Cup can also be moved to UAE.

If Under 19 Asia Cup can be played in UAE, next month's Asia Cup can also be moved to UAE.

Itna discussion ho gaya topic per.. and you basically are still stuck to the first post of yours.

PCB's legendary ways to keep cricket clean is well documented. Whereas India is always the big bad bully who does nothing to catch the bookies.
The steps which came out like exposing tapes of Cronje, keeping the things tight for people like Gibbs, Banning of players like Azhar, jadeja, mongia, Sreesanth and others is just not 'worth considering'
That BCCI banned an entire venue too is just a step which is good to be ignored.

I dont support bcci's hegemony one bit, but the steps they have taken to take out corrupt players are pretty decent.

Give me logic for banning a venue in the world of sports when illegal betting can be organized anywhere. No Place is safe. With the logic BCCI has applied, India would never play home games at home LOL - the epicenter of cricket betting world. BCCI being ridiculous in manipulating is one matter but SOME Indians rationalizing BCCI's farce decisions is laughable.

As far as your rant of PCB is concerned, Pakistani fans never defend this joke of an organization as many Indians do to BCCI. A few bans in placed by BCCI on done and dusted players was a good effort, but only as good as PCB's farce of removing players getting over the hill or useless. The world knows how much widespread betting is involved in Indian domestic cricket circus. I can type on and on but do not wanna consume my energy on a beaten up topic.

Last edited:
This is a chronic problem that i have observed in here.
You said it was laughable, i said you can have as many sessions of it as you like.. Then too you have problem.

People generally stand on no ground and yet try to be sarcastic, well that is truly amusing.
I knew the sort of thinking pattern you got and hence i didnt bothered to waste time with you.

For you all players which were banned by BCCI were done and dusted. The real reason for that thinking is that you are sitting on the other side of the border and apart from that mainly your frustration is getting the better of you.
Any juvenile observer of the game would tell that Indian team lacks quality pacers. Yet Sreesant was banned when he did a stellar job in SA. Him being in the squad last month would have been very good for India.
Then banning the players like Azhar and Jadeja, who have played legendary innings is also not worth considering cuz hey, who cares for national image or the legacy?
Unless a top player is banned.. People like you wont be pleased. So why bang the head uselessly for people like you.

As for India still playing at home.. BCCI can closely monitor the situation, conduct its surveys/inquiry if required, co ordinate with local agencies. But again, people like you wont get that.
Pak has been shunned by cricketing countries far and wide cuz of security concerns.. Did your guys stopped playing there?

As for pcb.. Havent we seen the support to bring back the tainted players? Q report came out and yet we saw Wasim playing. Right now your pcb is running to get the ban reduced and there is plenty of support for that as well. Whether you support pcb or not.. fact is that both pcb and plenty of locals are after the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because BCCI is the boss and they can do whatever they want...����

The BCCI has stated that they will play Pakistan in ICC tournaments such as the World Cup or Champions Trophy but bilateral series will be at their discretion.

The PCB were made to look like fools when they sent their team to India for a limited overs series, only to get nothing in return.

This is a chronic problem that i have observed in here.
You said it was laughable, i said you can have as many sessions of it as you like.. Then too you have problem.

People generally stand on no ground and yet try to be sarcastic, well that is truly amusing.
I knew the sort of thinking pattern you got and hence i didnt bothered to waste time with you.

For you all players which were banned by BCCI were done and dusted. The real reason for that thinking is that you are sitting on the other side of the border and apart from that mainly your frustration is getting the better of you.
Any juvenile observer of the game would tell that Indian team lacks quality pacers. Yet Sreesant was banned when he did a stellar job in SA. Him being in the squad last month would have been very good for India.
Then banning the players like Azhar and Jadeja, who have played legendary innings is also not worth considering cuz hey, who cares for national image or the legacy?
Unless a top player is banned.. People like you wont be pleased. So why bang the head uselessly for people like you.

As for India still playing at home.. BCCI can closely monitor the situation, conduct its surveys/inquiry if required, co ordinate with local agencies. But again, people like you wont get that.
Pak has been shunned by cricketing countries far and wide cuz of security concerns.. Did your guys stopped playing there?

As for pcb.. Havent we seen the support to bring back the tainted players? Q report came out and yet we saw Wasim playing. Right now your pcb is running to get the ban reduced and there is plenty of support for that as well. Whether you support pcb or not.. fact is that both pcb and plenty of locals are after the same thing.

So stop trying to read too much between the lines. You aint that bright lad.

If azhar or jedega were guilty, the got banned. Salim Malik and Atta were guilty and got banned. Wasim was NOT GUILTY. Commission RECOMMENDATIONS were not followed by PCB and it is their RIGHT. Try to understand the difference between BANING and RECOMMENDING or take English comprehension class.

Srisanth or no Sri, your bowling attack would still be farce so I am not entertaining your drama of diversion of this topic.

I am not following your question, "Pak has been shunned by cricketing countries far and wide cuz of security concerns.. Did your guys stopped playing there?". What do you mean. But again, comprehension and you can't be united. If you meant that why Pakistan not self imposed a ban to play at home then my question to you is that did PCB ban a venue from cricket to be played there? What an idiotic question.:asif

Last edited:
The BCCI has stated that they will play Pakistan in ICC tournaments such as the World Cup or Champions Trophy but bilateral series will be at their discretion.

The PCB were made to look like fools when they sent their team to India for a limited overs series, only to get nothing in return.
Did BCCI promise anything in return?

Source is any newspaper from 2000.Google it.

Initially that ban was for 3 years.So Bcci played a seriez in UAE and also Malaysua also in 2006.The govt. Was ****** and Bcci was told to not play in such places.

Do you think they should play in the UAE?

India should play now in UAE and get off from the past.. fixing is global problem it happened in India, UK too and can happen anywhere if the players wish.. It will be a dream come true if they organize full fledged Indo-Pak series with 3 test, 5 Odi's and 2 T20.. both countries will get around neutral support.

India should play now in UAE and get off from the past.. fixing is global problem it happened in India, UK too and can happen anywhere if the players wish.. It will be a dream come true if they organize full fledged Indo-Pak series with 3 test, 5 Odi's and 2 T20.. both countries will get around neutral support.

if only the GOI/BCCI can somehow agree to it. that would be one truely neural series in all respects pretty much.... grounds/conditions similar to both India and Pakistan. Crowd likely to be 50/50. neutral umpires given anyway.

so you can say home advantage for both (or none), let the players decide who really is better!

if any one remmeber INDIA did play 2 ODI's against Pakistan in 2006 after india's tour of Pakistan
they were played in Abu Dhabi both
Pakistan 1
India 1

Well in that case ipl should b completely banned, majority of fixing and corruption Homes from that farce

I must b in the minority, but id rather teams like s.africa Australia ør england
Played us on å regular bases

you are a quality poster but this post is bad on so many levels. you are not only making Pakistani look bad even Indian players this means they intentionally under perform thus fooling the fans the sponsors and the TV channels that put their time and interest in these games .How is this better then match fixing?

Cricket in UAE has never been the same since the Sharjah cups back in the 90's came to a halt.

I don't enjoy matches there anymore and the UAE season is the dullest and most boring on the calender, apart from matches in Sri "we can't help rain" Lanka.

I don't mind or miss India playing in UAE.

We will probably lose too because we cannot compete with India on batting friendly wickets.

The reason we beat India in India last year was because the conditions were quite good for bowling.

if our ordinary players dumped your team on your home then imagine what our renowned players can do...............

if our ordinary players dumped your team on your home then imagine what our renowned players can do...............

What can they do? In tournaments such as the world cup? As I said, sometimes losing these regular tournaments to Pakistan makes Pakistan suffer more than India. So by how many years did Afridi's career extend now :dav

you are a quality poster but this post is bad on so many levels. you are not only making Pakistani look bad even Indian players this means they intentionally under perform thus fooling the fans the sponsors and the TV channels that put their time and interest in these games .How is this better then match fixing?

Clearly was a joke. Also I resent the accusation of being a quality poster and therefore having higher standards

The Under 19's have played there, IPL has been played there, but the government won't let India play Pak in UAE...

The Under 19's have played there, IPL has been played there, but the government won't let India play Pak in UAE...

It's because Under 19 isn't shown on TEN Sports and IPL was shown on TEN Sports before they decided to make a rival league I think.

Just need to put 2 and 2 together.

It's because Under 19 isn't shown on TEN Sports and IPL was shown on TEN Sports before they decided to make a rival league I think.

Just need to put 2 and 2 together.

There were issues with Ten Sports, but after then India played a series against Zimbabwe and it was shown by Ten Sports (If i am not wrong)

There were issues with Ten Sports, but after then India played a series against Zimbabwe and it was shown by Ten Sports (If i am not wrong)

India-zimbawbe series 2015:
Broadcasting channels..
Code:
Country      TV Channels
Asia            Star Sports
Europe         Sky Sports
Australia      Fox Sports
Africa          Super Sports
So you remember incorrectly.

Broadcasting channels..
Code:
Country      TV Channels

But Ten sports were running their live streams on YouTube and I watched it on it.

But Ten sports were running their live streams on YouTube and I watched it on it.

My bad. I searched it again and it was star Sports along with Ten Sports (in Pakistan and uae) in asia.
There was lot of objection before zim tour too because of ten sport. Tour was about to be cancelled untill last moment.
So i think Ten sport is a factor too albeit a small one.

Broadcasting channels..
Code:
Country      TV Channels

Weird... I remember seeing it on a Pakistani channel too. :13:

Weird... I remember seeing it on a Pakistani channel too. :13:

Yes I made a mistake.
In Pakistan star Sports, ptv Sports and ten Sports were broadcasting the series.
The site I got the info simply said star Sports in asia.
However, ten sport was broadcasting channel in Pakistan and uae only.
BCCI agreed for the tour only after Zimbabwe signed new broadcasting deal with TSM, a Bangladesh based sports marketing agency

Yes I made a mistake.
In Pakistan star Sports, ptv Sports and ten Sports were broadcasting the series.
The site I got the info simply said star Sports in asia.
However, ten sport was broadcasting channel in Pakistan and uae only.
BCCI agreed for the tour only after Zimbabwe signed new broadcasting deal with TSM, a Bangladesh based sports marketing agency

Sneaky Pakistani sports channels. Damn them. :sachin

My bad. I searched it again and it was star Sports along with Ten Sports (in Pakistan and uae) in asia.
There was lot of objection before zim tour too because of ten sport. Tour was about to be cancelled untill last moment.
So i think Ten sport is a factor too albeit a small one.

Yeah I remember that but they decided to agree with the broadcasters in the end.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If Sethi is dying to see Senior Pakistan team play against BCCI senior team, why is he not dying to see U-19 Pakistan team playing against U-19 Indian team ?

Because they are not as valuable asset like Kohli, Rohit, Bumra and Pandya;-);-) for BCCI

Clearly a invite from a Deputy Head of State who also has very friendly relations with the PM matters a lot.

So are you saying that India changed an internal domestic policy decision by the influence of a foreign head of state?

Back