India (181/8) defeat Afghanistan (134/10) comfortably by 47 runs to claim their first victory of the Super 8 stage

Wonder if India will resort to that brainfade batting approach which they did against Pakistan.

I want to watch Jaiswal bat, but I dont see that happening this world cup.

India won the toss and elected to bat first .

I think we should have bowl first. But let's see how the oldies Rohit, Virat and Jadeja performed .

My prediction india will be all out around 150 and Afghanistan will chase down

Toss Update:

India win the toss and opt to bat
Teams:

India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Jasprit Bumrah

Afghanistan (Playing XI): Rahmanullah Gurbaz(w), Ibrahim Zadran, Najibullah Zadran, Hazratullah Zazai, Gulbadin Naib, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan(c), Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi

Useless Jadeja playing for 15 years without ever doing anything in T20 world cups. Once again an automatic pick

It seems Jaiswal is the Abrar Ahmed of this world cup for India. Unbelievable that he hasn't gotten a single game. Same with sanju. Group stages should have been the perfect set up smh.

Useless Jadeja playing for 15 years without ever doing anything in T20 world cups. Once again an automatic pick
From 2009 onwards he has been doing nothing in t20wc. The innings in 2009 t20wc against eng was so horrible and he still plays like that. This should be his last white ball tournament for Ind

It seems Jaiswal is the Abrar Ahmed of this world cup for India. Unbelievable that he hasn't gotten a single game. Same with sanju. Group stages should have been the perfect set up smh.
Off topic but how Abrar is not picked is unbelievable. Amidst the eng carnage in the 3-0 test series loss in pak- he was the standout
Cant believe shadab and mir have played ahead of him. Such a travesty honestly

Who would have imagined that India will play with 6 Lefties in the Playing XI

Secretly i hope these guys get humiliated one more time. Right after 2022 world T20 India started resting Rohit and Kohli for almost all the series. We thought we saw the end of them. They miraculously come back into the side for this world T20.

Secretly i hope these guys get humiliated one more time. Right after 2022 world T20 India started resting Rohit and Kohli for almost all the series. We thought we saw the end of them. They miraculously come back into the side for this world T20.
I'm suprised jaiswal isn't getting a game. So what's the plan? To do a Pakistan aka once the opening combo fails you bring jaiswal a newbie in last minute in a pressure situation?

India have pool of talented cricketer, if Jaiswal existed in Pakistan, PCB would have dropped Babar for him

I'm suprised jaiswal isn't getting a game. So what's the plan? To do a Pakistan aka once the opening combo fails you bring jaiswal a newbie in last minute in a pressure situation?
I do not think they have any plan to do that. Now that they have chosen Kohli as opener, they wil not back down on that no matter what happens. That is like accepting they were wrong which they won't do.

Would be an easy win for India. India just needs to get Gurbaz out cheaply and match would be theirs. India has enough bowling power to restrict Afghanistan's batting to a modest total.

Going forward India needs to play to their strength, and their strength is bowling. India’s batting, even though not bad, doesn’t possess the firepower like other big teams have. They have to play smart and dont aim too high. If they can consistently score around 170-180, with their bowling they can beat most teams. Of course on a good day their batting can easily score over 200 as well.
After Gurbaz goes cheaply the batting tends to struggle more often than not. The second rounds will expose the weaknesses of the lower ranked teams as was West indies against a quality England last night. (y)

India have pool of talented cricketer, if Jaiswal existed in Pakistan, PCB would have dropped Babar for him
That's not really my point bro. I'm not even a Pakistani fan lol.

Point is if India have a pool of talented cricketers they should use them. Not use rohit and kohli who are no longer t20 players and old as dinosaurs.

Point is if India have a pool of talented cricketers they should use them. Not use rohit and kohli who are no longer t20 players and old as dinosaurs.
Kohli atleast has done something in world T20. POssibly the best batsman in world T20 history. But Rohti has been playing for INdia in world T20 longer than that. After his 50 against SA in world T20 debut, 2007 and 30 (16) against pakistan in the 2007 final he has done nothing useful.

Once Barbados known for pace and bounce but suddenly they are producing spinning pitch.

Kohli atleast has done something in world T20. POssibly the best batsman in world T20 history. But Rohti has been playing for INdia in world T20 longer than that. After his 50 against SA in world T20 debut, 2007 and 30 (16) against pakistan in the 2007 final he has done nothing useful.

LOL @ Kohli being the best batter in World T20 history. Are you sure about that?

I can name 5 other guys who are better candidates for "best batter in World T20 history".

Once Barbados known for pace and bounce but suddenly they are producing spinning pitch.
All pitches have lost its true nature long back. Besides they don't play a lot of T20 internationals here if i am right. Talking about bilaterals.

Both umpires and match referee are Aussies…. There is a chance of many decisions go against India

I expect Rohit to fail as usual and get out within the powerplay. :afridi Lets see if it actually happens. I am more interested to see Pant bat, hope he comes in soon.

Kohli is an atg, however he's no longer the kohli of old that was a nightmare in 2016.

Even in wc 2023, you could tell. Yes whike he was the top scorer and made 5 centuries, all his centuries were accumulative and required rohit's 9 RR at the start to function.

In t20 that can't really happen, especially now that these 2 are opening side by side.

LOL @ Kohli being the best batter in World T20 history. Are you sure about that?

I can name 5 other guys who are better candidates for "best batter in World T20 history".
He is best but not now . check his record and how many times he won player of the tournament.

Kohli is an atg, however he's no longer the kohli of old that was a nightmare in 2016.

Even in wc 2023, you could tell. Yes whike he was the top scorer and made 5 centuries, all his centuries were accumulative and required rohit's 9 RR at the start to function.

In t20 that can't really happen, especially now that these 2 are opening side by side.
Yea.. not the current Kohli. When we had Ganguly/Tendulkar/Sehwag they could contribute in more than one way. They could bowl as well. It allows INdia to play an extra btasman. Niether ROhit nor Kohli provide that option.

Show me better innings than Virat Kohli was played against Australia in 2016 wc and MCG knock against Pakistan in 2022

After Gurbaz goes cheaply the batting tends to struggle more often than not. The second rounds will expose the weaknesses of the lower ranked teams as was West indies against a quality England last night. (y)
West Indies were at least 20 runs below par yesterday. They played too many dot balls. If pitches are flat like the one yesterday, they won’t win against teams like England and Australia or even India because their bowling gets neutralized on those pitches.

In T20, record is not everything. It is about impact.

Kohli neither won any T20 trophy for India nor with RCB.
He knocked Australia out in the last encounters against Australia. Even in the final he played well in 2014. Real villain was Yuvraj who made 11 in 21 balls. He made 77 in 48 balls.

In T20, record is not everything. It is about impact.

Kohli neither won any T20 trophy for India nor with RCB.
By using your logic Munaf Patel is better bowler than Waqar as munaf Patel won the world cup for India . Right?

rohit kohli jadeja kl are like leeches. They will never let go - they have to be dropped and discarded forever from T20s

Leaving aside the past, we see Simon Doull today lol This was supposed to be NZ vs INdia contest as they assumed NZ would sail through.

Who are other 5?

Would you have Kohli over likes of Butler, Stokes, Quinton De Kock, Marlon Samuels etc.?

Marlon Samuels is a better candidate than Kohli. He played 2 match-winning knocks in 2012 World T20 final and 2016 World T20 semi-final.

Show me better innings than Virat Kohli was played against Australia in 2016 wc and MCG knock against Pakistan in 2022
A younger Kohl’s would have not have left that game too late. 9/10 times even Kohli would lose from that position. Younger kohli had always paced his chase perfectly.

By using your logic Munaf Patel is better bowler than Waqar as munaf Patel won the world cup for India . Right?

You are mixing up formats.

In T20 format, it is all about impact. Not like ODI.

In World T20 history, Shakib is the highest wicket-taker. Does that mean he is the best bowler? Many of his wickets came against associates.

I rate Stokes's innings in 2022 World T20 higher. That was in the final.
A tuk tuk innings with no issue against asking rate against a side like Pakistan is the great innings? lol Not the guy who helped achieved 48 runs in 3 overs.

Lol hahhaahah look at that poor effort from fielder it seems like he just let the ball through him.
They need to act better.LOL.

Would you have Kohli over likes of Butler, Stokes, Quinton De Kock, Marlon Samuels etc.?

Marlon Samuels is a better candidate than Kohli. He played 2 match-winning knocks in 2012 World T20 final and 2016 World T20 semi-final.
yes Except Gayle all 4, Stokes got smacked by WI.

The very reason we did well in 2 T20 Wc is itself due to Virat he was Mos for the reason.

Yuvi 2007 itself is better than Samuels, it’s not only about performing in finals but consistently throught tournament.

Joginder doesnt become a better bowler than Bumrah just because Bumrah hasnt won a T20z

You are mixing up formats.

In T20 format, it is all about impact. Not like ODI.

In World T20 history, Shakib is the highest wicket-taker. Does that mean he is the best bowler? Many of his wickets came against associates.
Joginder Sharma won the world T20 for india so he is better than Shaheen? Right

Back