India (212/4 & 11/2) defeat Afghanistan (212/6 & 1/2) in a (two) super-over thriller to win the T20I series 3-0

Jaiswal should not have come for the super over. Poor choice by Rohit. Hope Rinku comes out this time.

SUPER OVER AGAIN

WHy is this needed? cant they agree on a tie and go home? :ROFLMAO:

basically the extra 2 runs that afgn cheekily took at the end saved them

What a match! Afghanistan fast emerging as India’s only competitor in Asia.

Goodbye Pakistan.

Is this cricket or wwe Indians making up the rules as they go along. Well done Cummins & head for destroying them the other month!!

As a team Afghans played better cricket. They deserve to win. India just got bulldozed them in the end overs. Otherwise Afghans looked better

So in the last few deliveries, Samson gives 2 off overthrows and misses a full toss and Rohit gets run out.

Not a positive impression for sure

I hope Afghans win this. If Avesh wins it for India, he will surely be in the T20 WC Squad. :no

oh dear. Afghans stretched it as much as they could. They just lost an easy superover chase on this most batting friendly stadium

Poor ending from Afg. 12 runs were not that many.

India is a champion team when it comes to handling Billateral series pressures. The numerous IPL pressure games and situations has enabled them to know how to handle these moments.

Bishnoi is a very good bowler and Rinku singh is a good batter. My two favourite cricketers from India

1705514615822.jpeg

MATCH REPORT:

A winner for the India vs Afghanistan third and final T20I was decided through not one but two Super Overs in Bengaluru. Both the teams had their scores tied at 212 after which the contest went into a Super Over. The thriller never faded as the Super Over too ended in a tie, taking the game to yet another Super Over where the Rohit Sharma-led side edge past its opponent. Earlier, Rohit Sharma and Rinku Singh had stitched a breathtaking 190-run stand to help India post a mammoth total 212 for 4 on the bouncy track of Bengaluru. Rohit scored 121 not out off 69 while Rinku contributed with 69 not out off 39 after the India skipper won the toss and opted to bat. Afghanistan came out with a superb reply and managed to level the scores by the end, thanks to Gulbadin Naib's fighting 55 off 23.

Bishnoi is a very good bowler and Rinku singh is a good batter. My two favourite cricketers from India
Bishnoi is good. But he needs to develop more variations. Bowls too many googlies and becomes predictable. Top teams will figure him out soon.

Rohit Sharma during a post-match ceremony:

"Creating the partnership was important initially and we kept talking with each other to maintain our intent. You know in big games you find yourself in situations where you loose some early wickets on 30 odd runs. So, at that time having the right mindset is crucial and you know it was important for us to bat as deep as possible without compromising the intent which we wanted to show."

"Yeah, Rinku has played a couple of series before and he has already shown us what he can do with the bat. He keeps things very calm and simple, he understands his game plan well, knows his strengths and is doing the job we expect from him. Every time he gets an opportunity he creates an impact. We have already seen him play a few innings like this for India before and Yeah, he does very well for the team and we are moving forward with it. You know, we wanted somebody at the back end who can finish the games with the bat with clear mindset and Rinku has certainly shown that in his game plan. The confidence this guy has is awesome and we saw that in the IPL games too which he played."

Last edited:
2 super overs in a game, that was too much. India should have won the game earlier but they went on to play super over with they choked at again then got saved by another super over. Comical stuff but Afghanistan has done a wonderful job here TBH. Some good cricket seen overall.

2 super overs in a game, that was too much. India should have won the game earlier but they went on to play super over with they choked at again then got saved by another super over. Comical stuff but Afghanistan has done a wonderful job here TBH. Some good cricket seen overall.
I think india will prefer this type of matches now than in a knock out.They are unprepared for a fight in knock outs always,so this should be a good lesson especially for Rohit.Retiring Rohit seems to be a good decision under pressure and non emotional one.Someone is still thinking rational in the pressure from team.

Back