India v Australia | QF2 | WC'11 | Ahmedabad | 24/3/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news he's back in. Wouldn't have been the same without him.

Pakistan Innings?

Come on mate, we've already beaten them once..

hold on.. Indian Bowling .. this might kust be the day your never want to remember.. unless Ashwin does the (Hafeezed)

AS i said in the preview .... Smith should be dropped and david hussey should be in .. to give more strength to batting .. and some spin optIon

Ricky ponting made a good decision :) and included him in the playing 11 today

Yusuf out.

Finally they pick thier top team!

Australia's Playing 11
Haddin
Watson
Ponting
MJ Clarke
CL White
M Hussey,
David Hussey
MG Johnson
B Lee
JJ Krejza
Tait

Last edited:
India is playing only with two Seamers? missing the fifth bowler? looks like Yuvraj Singh is going to be the 5th option with Raina. Means, 3 Spinners!!!!!!!! I hope Auzzies kick some Indi spinners today!!!!!!!!!!! that would be awesome

India's Playing 11
Tendulkar
Sehwag
Gambhir
Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
SK Raina
R Ashwin
Harbhajan Singh
Z Khan
MM Patel

Lol. Mr Nadeem had Pakistan on his mind when he created this thread :)

So as expected David hussey in for Steven smith and India going with only two pacers.

They're dropping Smith? The only batsmen who showed some guts against us?

ian chapli !
lets see wat he has to say today if he finds any more idiots on a cricket ground :/

Indian supporters want Indian bowlers to bowl like Pakistanis.

Prasanna: "I hope Yuvi, Ashwin and Bhajji do a Hafeez, Afridi and Saeed Ajmal here, my gut feeling its the spinners who can win this game for India."

Dhoni: Unless you don't think about pressure, there is no pressure.

WTH? Guess he got confused by too many negatives.

If Australia gets a good start then They are really capable of playing merciless cricket here.White and David hussey are good finisher but first Australian Top order needs to score some runs.

Watson is an absolute must to be taken early, otherwise we're goners.

This could be Ponting's (or even Tendulkar's) last ever ODI game.

It feels so damn good. No pressure at all as we sit in the Semi Finals. This will be an epic thread. Keep an eye on this. I feel like it is going to be my day today. And don't be surprised if you see me hitting at both side.

Now this is real fun game. :yk

:)))

So India have only 3 Ms to conquer, Motera, Mohali and Mumbai to win this WC.

i've a feeling we r gona have the biggest match of century in mohali :afridi !!

but i hope im wrong ... or not .. may be its gona be better to face india ... but we've beaten aussies once n we might be able to do it again
well i dont know :facepalm:

The prediction threads closed - so I'll use this.

I was going to pick Aus even before the toss. Just a gut feeling.

Who do I hope wins?? Very much India. Really want to play India in the semis. I feel our chances are better against India in the SF then an Aus rejuvenated after a win against India.

On the other hand....wouldn't it be amazing playing a SF in India with the hosts no longer part of the WC?? ;-)

So today....sit back and enjoy. Looking forward to it. I was going to say Aus by 4 wickets. Changing it now to Aus by 40 runs.

but i hope im wrong ... or not .. may be its gona be better to face india ... but we've beaten aussies once n we might be able to do it again

Don't over-think it. Enjoy this one week. :afridi

Don't think about who we have to face.

Just enjoy this game. Should be awesome!

Ashwin to open the bowling.

Wrong move Mahi, :rehman is a left arm spinner. ;-)

Cant sleep. Gotta watch this.

Good move by Aussies bringing in D.Hussey instead of S.Smith.

wat was that?
why do u have to take that risk when u know thats exactly the reason a spinner is opening the innings!

I just hope Ashwin proves Sunny's comment is true about him (though made with fun)

2 for no loss after 1 over

ian gould .... expect to see some juggler tricks on the field :))

Pitch seems two paced and should be very difficult to chase anything over 250 under lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back