India v Pakistan l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 18/8/13 l Discussion & Commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Teams face off in both their opening match tonight/early tomorrow.

Such a shame it won't be broadcast.

Pakistan's squad:

Azeem Ghumman
Babar Azam
Bilawal Bhatti
Ehsan Adil
Hammad Azam*
Mohammad Rizwan†
Mohammad Nawaz
Nasir Malik
Raza Hasan
Rumman Raees
Umar Siddiq
Umar Waheed
Usman Qadir
Usman Salahuddin

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch out Babar,Waheed,Salahuddin,Hammad,Rizwan,Nawaz,Ehsan,Bilwal,Nasir Malik,Raza hasan performance

good thing abt our Un'23 team is all those Young players are capable to do Debut for National side anytime all those are very talented

AR Bawne, MC Juneja, B Aparajith, JJ Bumrah, UBT Chand, P Chopra, AL Menaria, AR Patel, HV Patel, SK Patel†, KR Pawar, KL Rahul, Sandeep Sharma (1), SA Yadav*

Except Unmukt , sandeep sharma and maneria most of them are unknown. indian squad is selected on the basis of potential. This is not even a A team. Captain Surya kumar yadav has some potential too.

Lookout for jj Bumrah. He s got a weird action but bowls at good speed.

Last edited:
Seeing some of these names, I remember the recent U-19 WC where they fought all the way to the last ball vs India in the semi-final I believe it was.

Are any of the Indian players from those who played in that final?

^^^. Yep. Unmukt chand, baba aparajith, sandeep sharma, and Smith patel player in that u19 wc match.

So Bangladesh and Afghanistan are on top now after winnings their matches yesterday...

<center>
35nu.png

Hope the line-up is something like this:

Azeem Ghumman
Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan (WK)
Umar Waheed
Usman Salahuddin
Hammad Azam (C)
Rumman Raees
Ehsan Adil
Bilawal Bhatti
Raza Hasan
Usman Qadir

Pakistan Zindabad!

I think this match could be a vital one for Pakistan's upcoming players because it features many players close to national selection:

Raza Hasan - returning from injury, this match could prove vital to him in being able to show the PCB he has fully recovered from a previously career-threatening spinal injury.

Babar Azam - after his fortunes in the Under-19 World Cup and claims being made that he is Pakistan's main future batting talent, there will be great deal of interest on how he performs outside of the Under-19 arena.

Ehsan Adil - already knocking on the door of national selection, being able to acquire the second greatest amount of wickets in the President's Trophy of 2013, much has been made of this lad's talents and I myself have bought into the hype, especially with the aggression and clever mindset which he seems to have in abundance.

Hammad Azam - with his ability under scrutiny, especially his capabilities as a bowler, much rests on his performance given the way many have hyped him as our future all-rounder and how he has failed (in terms of bowling performances).

Mohammed Rizwan - with Kamran Akmal being shown the door, it rests for Rizwan to strive to attain a place in the national side.

I will eagerly be awaiting their performances.

Hope Rizwan does well, Sarfraz makes my eyes bleed

Babar Azam, Umar Waheed, Hammad, Salahuddin, Ehsan Adil and Raza Hasan are our key players, high hopes from these guys.

Hope the line-up is something like this:

Azeem Ghumman
Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan (WK)
Umar Waheed
Usman Salahuddin
Hammad Azam (C)
Rumman Raees
Ehsan Adil
Bilawal Bhatti
Raza Hasan
Usman Qadir

Pakistan Zindabad!

I would play Nasir Malik that guy looks class

There are so many cricket channels in India showing old matches, why not broadcast this?
Poor from the organizers, should have got tv coverage for this.

India v Pakistan l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 18/8/13 l Pre-Game Discus...

What about streams from Singapore , there are any ?

Looks like Babar Azam just managed to survive an in-swinging delivery from Sandeep Sharma, seems the bowler was agonised that the batsman managed to get an inside edge onto the pad.

India v Pakistan l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 18/8/13 l Pre-Game Discus...

Sandeep gets Azam !!!

I sure hope it is!!
Taken us until the 5th over before we had an over with more than 1 run.

Without watching, really hard to tell if this is just that good a bowling pitch or what.

Come on the Pakistan Under-23s, do your fans proud and beat our fierce enemies!

Why put so much pressure on the youngsters? Let them enjoy the game. After all, once they become part of the senior team, they're doomed to losing to the fierce enemies anyway just like all your 'legends' like Imran, Miandad, Wasim, Waqar, Anwar, Inzi, etc. did over the past 20-25 years. :)

Why put so much pressure on the youngsters? Let them enjoy the game. After all, once they become part of the senior team, they're doomed to losing to the fierce enemies anyway just like all your 'legends' like Imran, Miandad, Wasim, Waqar, Anwar, Inzi, etc. did over the past 20-25 years. :)

Last time I checked, Pakistan still have the better overall head to head record. So not sure which history your looking at or reading.

Oh no, second one down though. This seems like a rough outing coming for Pak.

15/2 from 8 overs - 200 seems a good target.

Lol what a load of nonsense. You do know what the head to head record is right?

Bilawal gone, why was he batting at 4, he is a lower order hitter not a middle order batsman.

Awful batting so far. Doesnt matter what the pitch is doing, 22/3 from 10 overs?? Seems our future batting isnt looking too good either.

Really need a big partnership here.

sandeep sharma swings the ball quite a bit but it looks like Warrier is getting wickets :S .

Last edited:
This batting is almost going to make me cry....
TWO no-balls, two free hit chances, a combined 1 run scored off it.

Still think 200 is doable. Just, without being able to watch, cant tell if its the pitch, great bowling, or just awful batting here.

Hopefully with two spinners on, we can take advantage

India v Pakistan l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 18/8/13 l Discussion &amp; Co...

cricinfo is EXTREMELY impressed by Sandeep Warrior. Do you (or anybody) know how fast this kid is bowling for India?
Last time I checked he was a bit nippy not very quick.

Cricinfo is impressed bcos of the accuracy and the bounce, probably bcos he is a tall lad.

At Drinks

Pakistan Under-23s are 44/3 after 16.0 overs. Usman Salahuddin 5 (9) and Umar Waheed 20 (57). Wickets are key and they really need to get a partnership going here.

pakistan u 23 team

Babar Azam lbw b Sandeep
Sharma 2 12 0 016.66
Azeem Ghumman c †Rahul b Sandeep
Warrier 3 12 0 025.00
Umar Waheed not out 20 60 2 033.33
Bilawal Bhatti c Yadav b Sandeep
Warrier 7 8 1 087.50
Usman Salahuddin not out 5 9 0 055.55
Extras (b 3, w 3, nb 2) 8
Total (3 wickets; 16.3
overs) 45 (2.72 runs per
over)
To bat , Mohammad Rizwan†,
Usman Qadir, Ehsan Adil,
Raza Hasan, Hammad Azam*

If you notice about pakistan u 23 team there are only 10 players in it where is eleventh. India is having full 11 member team.

Im just "assuming" they made a mistake and havnt listed the 11th (or they not sure who it is).

Pretty sure we sent like 20 boys. So not like we could lost one to injury either.

Decent crowd of 2500 here at the Kallang at
the moment for this Asian Cricket Council
event....crinifo

The heavy outfield is making boundary scoring
difficult but these two have done well to
rebuild the innings, chanceless so far...crinifo

good partnership but just a little too slow. No reason the 31st over should only go for a single. Need to try to score every ball from here.

Lol what a load of nonsense. You do know what the head to head record is right?

I also know which team lost every game that mattered in every tournament that matters! It's okay guys - some day eventually Pak will win a game that matters! :)

There is something called law of averages.

I also know which team lost every game that mattered in every tournament that matters! It's okay guys - some day eventually Pak will win a game that matters! :)

There is something called law of averages.

Also something called being hopelessly wrong and having to awkwardly change the subject :)))

Sandeep warrier was around 135+. If he has improved, that's a good sign....

India playing with 4 pacers which means its a green track...Pak has some good bowlers...It will be an interesting match.

Patel to , FOUR, Nawaz has been timing it
sweetly from the start and this flick over
midwicket was Sanath Jayasuriya-like
effortless and powerful in execution!....si nawaz is batting and he the player missing in the tean 11

Chand kinda sucks at playing fast bowling.I don't how many have noticed this but he keeps getting clean bowled very often to even fast medium bowling.

Chand kinda sucks at playing fast bowling.I don't how many have noticed this but he keeps getting clean bowled very often to even fast medium bowling.

Hope he has corrected that flaw after IPL. It was a good learning curve.

hammad azam run out for 13.....200 looks very tough now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back