India v WI | CT 2009 | Wanderers | 30/9/2009

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
India v WI | Champions Trophy | CT 2009 | 30/9/2009 | Wanderers

Tendy may be giving this game a miss.

The Australian will chase will start in just a bit. India take on West Indies shortly in Johannesburg; there are unconfirmed reports doing the rounds that Sachin Tendulkar could be out of the match due to food poisoning. Still unconfirmed, but we'll let you know once we have something concrete.

http://www.cricinfo.com/iccct2009/engine/current/match/415283.html

Go India....

Bring back man of the match cup back home from this game....:D

India will lose. Kemar Roach will run riot.

INDIA look listless and disinterested:Akram

New Delhi: The Indian team in the Champions Trophy is looking like a bunch of "disinterested" and "listless" cricketers who have their mind somewhere else, said former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram.

Akram said that Mahendra Singh Dhoni's men are looking extremely unimpressive in the ongoing eight-team tournament and they don't look good enough to make the semifinal.

"Their (the Indian players) mind seems to be elsewhere completely," Akram said in Johannesburg after Australia scored 234/4 in 42.3 overs against India.

The match was eventually called off due to downpour.

"The Indian team has been looking listless and disinterested in the proceedings at South Africa. They don't seem to be interested in playing and seem to be going through the motions in this tournament. I fail to understand the reason for that," Akram said.

Akram was also far from amused with the performance of Indian bowlers.

"Against Pakistan, the seam bowlers bowled a bit too short with the spinners failing to curb the scoring rate or pick wickets. The story pretty much repeated itself in the game against Australia," Akram said.

The former left-arm pacer said among spinners offie Harbhajan Singh was "off-color" as he was bowling too many deliveries that could be cut away easily.

"Harbhajan was expensive for he was bowling short throughout," Akram said.

Even skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni was not spared.

"Dhoni is looking disinterested as the skipper. He is not running to the bowlers and making suggestions or talking to them as often as he does," Akram said.

"His plans might have worked earlier but now it is not working so he will have to work harder with the team as the team needs him to show confidence in them now.

"Against Pakistan, he could have brought Harbhajan on earlier and he should have told him, don't bowl short, get the batsmen to drive," he added

http://www.cricketnirvana.com/news/international/2009/september/news-20090930-456.html

disinterested in a major ICC Tournamant? Don't think so...

Its just that we lost our key players, bowling has been pathetic and we ran out of luck too as we didin't get a hit against Aus....

probably we will leave the tournament with 1 win, 1 loss & 1 NR......

sakss said:
New Delhi: The Indian team in the Champions Trophy is looking like a bunch of "disinterested" and "listless" cricketers who have their mind somewhere else, said former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram.
IPL's Chump League?

If BCCI is paying them lets say $10,000 per ODI and IPL is paying them $80,000 per T20 ----- anybody loose interest in the ODIs.

JeeraBlade said:
IPL's Chump League?

If BCCI is paying them lets say $10,000 per ODI and IPL is paying them $80,000 per T20 ----- anybody loose interest in the ODIs.

Let's not give them excuses.

I just saw Tendu singing the Indian national anthem, has he changed his profession?

Good boowling from Parveen K. 2 Out swingers and 1 inn swinger. Looks out to me not given :(

indian-tycoon-defies-credit-crunch-with-5-star-airline-launch-415x275.jpg

Here's your ticket!

deep82 said:
we are doing our bit...It could still b ean Ind vs Pak Final...:D

And i'm doing my bit to stop global warming......not gonna happen though! :D

deep82 said:
we are doing our bit...It could still b ean Ind vs Pak Final...:D

It is over, never depend on other team. If India were better than they would have won their match against Pakistan

Juggernaut said:
Let's not give them excuses.

Of all the millions of excuse they give, I hope they use this excuse so that they are bashed for being greedy.

If one listening to Harsha it seems hat India has the strongest bowling line in the Universe forget about the world.

ahaha dhoni has had enough of india's bowling worries.

He's gonna handle it himself now!

i smell a TSN special comin

Dhoni is bowling

Dhoni is bowling atm against windies,already taken a wicket and bowling at 127k's,definitely better than "goat sharma"

Dubya caught in the deep, OZ 3/140

Dhoni has taken a wicket and conceded 14 runs off his first over! India have found their new pace sensation!

Don't blame him. There desperately need a genuine all-rounder for ODIs. Didn't you hear him whine after Pak-India game about fifth bowling option.

He might be giving " well deserved" rest to Michael Parveen Kumar.

We have a new joker in Intl cricket. What is he trying to prove? Raina not playing? Mishra out of form?

Either he wants to humiliate WICB or this game is just a fun fun game to him or he sees himself as ...naah that is not it.

"All attention should be on me" - is nothing but a joker.

BD-fan said:
We have a new joker in Intl cricket. What is he trying to prove? Raina not playing? Mishra out of form?

He knows they're out and is just taking the p!ss I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if he opened the batting with Saint Harby and Mishra.

Ouch a tad disrespectful towards the opposition.

Plus he should be using his regular bowlers instead of himself. Does he let the tailenders bat in his place when India is batting? No. Then he shouldn't be bowling himself in their place.

Even though he has picked a wicket which is all fine and dandy, there are a lot of things wrong with bowling himself in an ODI like this.

kingusama92 said:
Ouch a tad disrespectful towards the opposition.

Plus he should be using his regular bowlers instead of himself. Does he let the tailenders bat in his place when India is batting? No. Then he shouldn't be bowling himself in their place.

Even though he has picked a wicket which is all fine and dandy, there are a lot of things wrong with bowling himself in an ODI like this.

It is a bit disrespectful given it's an international tournament, but there's no real harm done (except to the WI pride).

he obviously feels strongly that wi shouldnt have been allowed to take part in this tournament

I think he's sending a message to Indian pacers/BCCI etc etc that he needs some half decent bowlers.

OK it now seems like the Windies have to do us a favour

C'MON WINDIES!

how stupid would he look if Pak win the game and India lose out on NRR

RexRex said:
lol...quite silly and embarassing from dhoni.

With the Aussies currently 178-7, he better start taking the game more seriously.
Dhoni may be bowling his way to 'Donkey Status' with the India Media with his antics. :)))

Looks like the greatest leftie since sobers couldn't cope with the bounce...

Why are they even bothering to play the match?..Both are out of the tourny.
Might as well just walk off the field with glum,utrey huay chehre

Roach is amazingly fast. Each and every delivery at 151-152 km/hr. Why has this guy never been playing for the senior team? He has to be selected, Edwards, Taylor and Roach will make a killer bowling attack especially in conditions which suit them.

12thMan said:
What hapPeneD? Did he declare the innings?

Not yet...he has tailenders that he will bat in reverse order first

I have a feeling there is one more upset awaiting us in the last pool match

PapaBear said:
I have a feeling there is one more upset awaiting us in the last pool match
I thought WI did have a chance against Australia but OZ tail scored like 75 runs. If you guys had bowled first today then there was a good chance to win. It is a very young team

Praises being showered on Dinesh Kartik for his 50 ball 22, Shastri says he is ready for world cup 2011, no mention of Champions Trophy, now they want to be favorites for World Cup, is he commentating on India or Champions trophy? :))) :))) :))) :))) :))) :)))

what a cruise for indian batsmen chasing target and not a labouring effort like pakistan.. this batting line up of pak will crumble at slightest of pressure.

champ IS here said:
what a cruise for indian batsmen chasing target and not a labouring effort like pakistan.. this batting line up of pak will crumble at slightest of pressure.

I would have thought you're an Indian troll, but since your screen name has the word "champ" in it, I think not :inzi

champ IS here said:

6 posts - the intent is clear.

Lets see if you last longer on PP than your team did in the CT.....

champ IS here said:
You really sound like a jealous loser,there is no point in saying how good we play against the worst side of this tournament.We are out fair and square,accept it and move on.No amount of ifs,buts and patch up would work.

Last edited:
champ IS here said:
West Indies C team a benchmark? :)))

have u guys noticed that when england lost 6-1, odis were boring, now they are in semi finals, its back again,

Back