Indian Domestic 2024-25 season

jnaveen1980

Test Star
Runs
Duleep Trophy to kick start India's domestic cricket season 2024-25

The BCCI on Thursday announced the commencement of the Indian domestic cricket season for 2024-25, which will kick off with the Duleep Trophy on September 5.

For the 2024-25 season, the BCCI has carefully designed the fixtures, considering various factors to strengthen the foundation of domestic cricket, with a particular emphasis on prioritizing player well-being.

The season will start with the prestigious Duleep Trophy, where four teams selected by the senior men's selection committee will compete. The tournament will commence in Anantapur on September 5.

Following the Duleep Trophy, cricket enthusiasts can look forward to the Irani Cup and the Ranji Trophy, featuring the first five league matches.

The season will then transition to white-ball cricket, with the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy preceding the Vijay Hazare Trophy.

Subsequently, the Ranji Trophy will resume, hosting the final two league matches before culminating in the knockout stages.

Throughout the scheduling process, the BCCI has ensured that player well-being remains a top priority, along with a focus on promoting women's cricket and other significant tournaments.

"To prioritise player welfare, an extended gap between matches has been incorporated, ensuring ample time for recovery and sustained peak performance," BCCI secretary Jay Shah said in a statement.

"All Women's challenger tournaments, spanning one-day, T20, and Multi-Day formats, will witness teams selected by the national selectors."

In addition, the CK Nayudu Trophy will undergo a significant change with a revamped points system aimed at promoting balanced performances among teams. Under this new system, teams will earn points not only for their batting and bowling performances in the first innings but also for securing the first innings lead or achieving an outright victory.

This adjustment is intended to encourage teams to focus on all aspects of the game and to reward comprehensive performances rather than just individual achievements.

"A thorough review will be conducted post-season to evaluate the efficacy of the new points system, with a potential implementation in the Ranji Trophy for subsequent seasons," Shah said.

In a landmark decision, the toss will be abolished for CK Nayudu Trophy matches.

Under this new rule, the visiting team will be granted the privilege to choose whether to bat or bowl first, eliminating the traditional coin toss altogether.

SOURCE: https://www.msn.com/en-in/sports/cr...-season-2024-25/ar-BB1nLe5z?ocid=BingNewsVerp

Kicking off with Duleep Trophy on september 5th. It is a much anticipated event this year due to participation of some established players.

seasobn1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Duleep trophy is ongoing from today .

India A is playing with B.

India B (Playing XI): Abhimanyu Easwaran(c), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sarfaraz Khan, Rishabh Pant(w), Musheer Khan, Nitish Reddy, Washington Sundar, Ravisrinivasan Sai Kishore, Mukesh Kumar, Navdeep Saini, Yash Dayal

India A (Playing XI): Shubman Gill(c), Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul, Riyan Parag, Dhruv Jurel(w), Shivam Dube, Tanush Kotian, Kuldeep Yadav, Akash Deep, Avesh Khan, Khaleel Ahmed

India B 29/0 ( Jaiswal 19*)
Looking forward to see how is Gill , Jasiwal , Reddy ,Kela , pant and akashdeep perform .

So far akashdeep pace is down and hardly bowling 133-135kmp speed .

India C and D are playing with eachother

India D (Playing XI): Devdutt Padikkal, Yash Dubey, Ricky Bhui, Shreyas Iyer(c), Srikar Bharat, Atharva Taide(w), Axar Patel, Saransh Jain, Arshdeep Singh, Harshit Rana, Aditya Thakare

India C (Playing XI): Ruturaj Gaikwad(c), Sai Sudharsan, Rajat Patidar, Abishek Porel(w), Baba Indrajith, Aryan Juyal, Hrithik Shokeen, Vijaykumar Vyshak, Manav Suthar, Anshul Kamboj, Himanshu Chauhan

India D- 34/5

Iyer 9 and padikkal gone for duck .

Sarfaraz Khan and his brother musheer Khan both are playing for india B at 3 and 4 position.

Musheer is very talented batsman and now he is batting .

What a time for duleep trophy to get eyeballs as we have no international cricket .

Sarfaraz Khan and his brother musheer Khan both are playing for india B at 3 and 4 position.

Musheer is very talented batsman and now he is batting .

What a time for duleep trophy to get eyeballs as we have no international cricket .
Now they are batting together. Brothers. Jaiswal dismissed by Khaleel.

I was very happy that the duleep trophy is happening at tier 4 city like anantapur ,which is in my state. When i checked it,i found quite a few interesting things.That ground was built by a Spanish volunteer .(Vincent Ferrer).They were volunteering in that area from past 50 years .It seems Nadal and others have provided their support to the trust in charity activities. In fact cricket pitch was imported from Brisbane.(so no wonder iyer and others departed quickly )

Any one can make out that pitch is not a sub continental pitch from the commentators tap on the pitch.

Intersting observation akashdeep is effective in 2nd or 3rd spell compared to opening .

He gets 2 Wickets after lunch

Kl is useless he is the senior player in india a and look at his performance

Kl is useless he is the senior player in india a and look at his performance
When a new bee is able to hit a century, in far more tough conditions, this most senior guy can't do anything. Only issue is rest of the no5 potentials (Sarfaraz,Iyer,Jurel) are also not playing well.

Akashdeep bowled well and got quite a few wickets and mukes went over 4 rpo. Definitely Akashdeep will be the 4th pacer as back up .Hope saini too picks himself. Can't bear mukesh ambrose in tests especially in aus tour.Reports are that bumrah may not play in first match agaibst bng and siraj will partner with the back up pacer.

Pant Coming into form at right time

Akashdeep bowled well and got quite a few wickets and mukes went over 4 rpo. Definitely Akashdeep will be the 4th pacer as back up .Hope saini too picks himself. Can't bear mukesh ambrose in tests especially in aus tour.Reports are that bumrah may not play in first match agaibst bng and siraj will partner with the back up pacer.

Saini for what exactly?

He's struggling to hit even 130 kph and speed used to be his only calling card.

His wickets were basically a function of pitch or luck. No control over lines or length.

Saini for what exactly?

His wickets were basically a function of pitch or luck. No control over lines or length.
That's y I said hope he can pick himself .we don't have any back up pacer apart from akashdeep and we don't need mukesh, khaleel,avesh kind of garbage again. Don't know why Karthik Tyagi,Kuldeep sen are not preferred by selection committee.

Bumrah
Siraj
Shami
Akashdeep
Harshit Rana

These five pacers must for Australian tour .for home test series three Pacers is enough as only 2 can play .

Bumrah
Siraj
Shami
Akashdeep
Harshit Rana

These five pacers must for Australian tour .for home test series three Pacers is enough as only 2 can play .
Rana have that fire in his belly but am not sure of his quality as he has to yet play against an international opponent. We need atleast 2 good backups in aus tour.i dont think we can survive with 3 pacers in aus series.

What happened Karthik and Porel. Are they injured are fallen away
Porel was never a thing in the first place. From his batch Mavi and Nagarkoti were the key bowlers. Porel was a support bowler. Turns out substitute Arshdeep singh overtook others from that batch. Karthik Tyagi is from a state where they have a lot of experienced fast bowlers. So he is not finding a consistent spot even in domestic. He has to move to another state to make himself relevant as even in the IPL he lands in a side where he is a surplus bowler and is not getting a chance. He needs to provide a breakthrough performance when he gets a chance.

Saini for what exactly?

Furthermore, the guy is almost 32 years old. I used to laugh at those who hyped him up a few years ago. Now, fanboys of Umran Malik provide me with the same entertainment.

Furthermore, the guy is almost 32 years old. I used to laugh at those who hyped him up a few years ago. Now, fanboys of Umran Malik provide me with the same entertainment.
Fan boys of unfit rohit who cant play more than pp overs entertains me more🤣

Akash Deep in the first round of Duleep Trophy 2024:

4/60 in the 1st innings
11(29) in the 2nd innings
5/56 in the 3rd innings
43(42) in the 4th innings

Akash Deep in the first round of Duleep Trophy 2024:

4/60 in the 1st innings
11(29) in the 2nd innings
5/56 in the 3rd innings
43(42) in the 4th innings
He is locked for down under tour as 4th Pacers but i worried about his speed which is not suitable for Australian conditions .

Best thing is rahul getting out and no chance of image as stand alone Warrior left dry with incompetent batsmen not able to score

Bumrah
Siraj
Shami
Akashdeep
Harshit Rana

Add nitish reddy
And one of avesh/arshdeep/vysak
As well.

Prasidh has gone down hill sadly. He was shockingly bad vs SA in seaming conditions. Injury ravaged.

Kuldeep Sen would have got a chance in sena conditions but he is injured.

Tyagi went downhill. Has no interest in tests.

Umran bowls too short for test cricket. Only pace won't help much.

Mayank is the one with serious talent but again injury woes.

The main 6 7 bowlers are good though.

Add nitish reddy
And one of avesh/arshdeep/vysak
As well.
Nitish reddy can be the all rounder as 4th pacer aka thakur kind of role on perth.All the potential back ups should be tried out in Ind A tour of Aus and let them grow

Nitish reddy can be the all rounder as 4th pacer aka thakur kind of role on perth.All the potential back ups should be tried out in Ind A tour of Aus and let them grow
My concern is batting.

New look batting now. No consolidator at all.

Middle 3 would be pant Rahul and kohli I guess.

My concern is batting.

Rohit
Jaiswal
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant
Jadeja
Akash deep/kuldeep/Ashwin
Siraj
Shami
Bumrah

My concern is batting.

Jaiswal, Pant and bowling have to do the real damage.As u said there is no mr dependable this time ,am not sure how successful Gill will be at number 3 slot.Cummins is very clever to exploit the issues as shown in case of babar.

He is locked for down under tour as 4th Pacers but i worried about his speed which is not suitable for Australian conditions .
Scott Boland averages 12 in Australia despite bowling in lower 130 kph

Vernon Philander averaged a decent 29 in Australia despite being trundler speed.

Plain good old accuracy, line and length matter a lot anywhere. Also bowlers work as teams.

Scott Boland averages 12 in Australia despite bowling in lower 130 kph

Vernon Philander averaged a decent 29 in Australia despite being trundler speed.

Plain good old accuracy, line and length matter a lot anywhere. Also bowlers work as teams.
When you have bumrah on one end, he can make anyone looked elite.

In saying that akashdeep himself is a very good bowler.

We should go with bumrah shami if fit akashdeep and harshit

Siraj can be backup along with nitish reddy and avesh.

Avesh can bat and hit the splice of bat hard with his bounce. He bowls 130 to 140.

Iyer and pr master samson both got out cheaply. Hopefully we saw the end of iyer in test matches .Musheer have to score big and make it real tight for no 5 spot

Back