India tour of Australia (2024/25)

With the Border-Gavaskar trophy now played for over five matches, Starc wants to cleansweep the visitors and bring the silverware home.

"Being five matches now it's probably right on par with an Ashes series. We always want to win every game at home and we know India are a very strong team," he said.

"As we're placed at the minute we're the top two teams on the Test ladder... so a very exciting series coming up for the fans and certainly the players.

Australia great reveals key factor in battle for Border-Gavaskar Trophy

The former Australia opener suggests what may decide the upcoming Test series when the two combatants meet over five matches in a rematch of last year's World Test Championship final.

Australia great Matthew Hayden expects runs to be a premium when his former side clashes with fellow powerhouse India in the five-Test battle for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy at the end of the year.

It will be the first time in more than 30 years that the two teams will feature across five matches and the series follows an unusual path of commencing in the traditional seamer-friendly conditions in Perth, before moving to Adelaide for the crucial pink-ball Test under lights and finishing in more familiar surroundings of Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.

With Australia's seam attack featuring skipper Pat Cummins and regulars Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood, Hayden thinks runs will be difficult to come by for both teams Down Under during the crucial ICC World Test Championship series.

"You look at the line-ups, and it's hard to really tell who's got the edge," Hayden told reporters at the CEAT Cricket Rating Awards.

"I sense that it's going to be runs that are going to be the point of difference. So the best need to stand up in this series; runs are going to be at a premium. And I also feel like the structure of the tournament being from the west to the east is a bit of the unique way that the Australian landscape of cricket is going to be played out. It's usually the other way around. It's going to be a great summer."

Australia legend Ricky Ponting recently predicted his former side to win the series 3-1 when speaking on The ICC Review and India great Ravi Shastri unsurprisingly went the other way when asked for his thoughts on how the eagerly-awaited series would transpire.

Hayden believes the fact that the Aussies haven't defeated India in a Test series on home soil in almost 10 years would be playing heavily on the thoughts of the Australian side.

“Look, I was seeing a reel from Ravi Shastri today on Instagram, and he was saying the Aussies hadn’t had the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in their hands for almost a decade. Well, that’s a fighting word straight away," Hayden noted.

“We haven’t had it in our hands for two series in Australia, which is kind of the coveted grounds, not dissimilar to the (former skipper) Steve Waugh era here in 2001, where this was the hallowed turf, this was the place where Australia really wanted to come and win, and his great era didn’t do it.

“So there’s always, and this is why I think it’s such a special series, there’s always this fantastic opportunity for the No.1 and No.2 side on the World Test Championship table to go head-to-head, especially abroad, in each other’s camps, and see who really has those kind of final rights to claim not only the possibility of playing the Test Championship, but also who’s the very best of the best, which you judge on how you tour, not so much how you play at home."

And Hayden issued a word of warning for youngster Yashasvi Jaiswal, who is expected to line-up for India in his first tour of Australia after making a scintillating start to his international Test career.

Jaiswal has three centuries from nine Test matches and is averaging 68.53 following a flying start to five-day cricket, but Hayden thinks the left-hander will not find things so simple against Australia away from home.

"I think he's a package," Hayden said of Jaiswal.

"Yes, his stroke-play is superb. His ability, in particular, to hit on the up through the covers is phenomenal. [But] that'll also have its vulnerabilities. I'm looking forward to seeing how he adjusts on bouncy tracks. We did notice a few times in the IPL that he's a very hard hitter of the ball - [with the] pull shots in particular.

"But that'll be challenged by three world-class speedsters, assuming they're all fit, and on much bigger grounds as well - grounds where it has to almost be the perfect contact for that ball to sail over for six. You can get caught easily, three-quarters of the way in the fence. So they have little adjustments that world-class players like Jaiswal will make for sure."

ICC

Flurry of statements are coming from Australian players ( Current or former) about this series

Mind games already started and i think this will be going to heated series after 2017 .

Last few series between india - australia were played without any controversy or heated argument which i really don't like .

I want more sledging from both sides .

Flurry of statements are coming from Australian players ( Current or former) about this series

Mind games already started and i think this will be going to heated series after 2017 .

Last few series between india - australia were played without any controversy or heated argument which i really don't like .

I want more sledging from both sides .
They are trying to generate publicity in their country for the sport. They hope for more Aussie fans in the stadiums than Indian fans. :mc Otherwise every test will feel like an away game for them.

They are trying to generate publicity in their country for the sport. They hope for more Aussie fans in the stadiums than Indian fans. :mc Otherwise every test will feel like an away game for them.
All test will be full house .day 1 is already sold out .

This is not any publicity stunts but Australia is very much desperate to win a series against india , that's why they will do anything to win the series .first they schedule the series the way they wanted ,starting at taught venues for indian - Perth, Day night test then Brisbane .

They are yet to win a series against india from a decade .

This is slowly turning out to be one of the most hyped Test series of all time. And for a good reason to be honest.

A proper 5 Test rubber between the two best sides in the world by clear margin. Can't get more intense than this. Probably the first of it's kind since those legendary Aus-WI clashes in the late 1980s.

Bowling Green ready to be rolled out against India​

While Cameron Green admits he may one day have to put his second favourite skill on the backburner, the allrounder is eager to take up Pat Cummins' summons for him to shoulder a greater bowling workload this summer.

Four years after making his Test debut against India in the 2020-21 home series, Green heads into the return bout as one of Australia's most important players after justifying a promotion up the order when he posted a sparkling 174no against New Zealand earlier this year.

That came after he was squeezed out of the Test team by Mitch Marsh during last year's Ashes series. Steve Smith taking on David Warner's opening spot after the latter's retirement in January freed up the No.4 position, two spots higher than where Green had spent the bulk of his initial Test stint.

Even more responsibility for the multi-skilled prodigy is now on the cards for the five-Test Border-Gavaskar Trophy series beginning at his home ground, Perth Stadium, on November 22.

Australia have been loath to over-bowl the towering paceman amid his ascension to becoming an all-format player, particularly given the lower back injuries he suffered during his younger years.

Green has made no secret that batting is the discipline that generally takes precedence in his preparation. While he acknowledges tough choices on bowling may eventually be a consideration, he insists that those calls are a long way down the road.

"I've thought about it as an 'in 10 years' time sort of thing'," the 25-year-old told cricket.com.au when asked if he would consider giving away – or at least consider deprioritising – a bowling career that has so far netted him 35 Test wickets at 35.31.

"But definitely at the moment I'm very happy to contribute as much as I can. Physically I'm in a really good place to be able to do that.

"We always laugh and joke between me and Mitch about who bowls those graveyard overs between the 70th and the 80th overs when the ball is not doing anything. We'll wait and see how we do it this summer.

"But now my body's in a really good place where I feel like I can contribute with bowling. Down the track it's definitely an option but at the moment I'm very happy to be a genuine allrounder."

That will be a major weapon for Cummins, the spearhead of an Australian bowling attack that won six out of seven Tests in under four days last summer (the one they lost also ended with a day to spare) and left little for Marsh and Green to do with the ball.

Marsh did not bowl more than nine overs in an innings all summer, while Green only topped that mark twice after being recalled for the Adelaide Test against West Indies, bowling 10 in an innings at the Gabba and 11 in an innings in Christchurch.

"In some ways we haven't had to use them as much as we thought we would, which is a great thing," Cummins said this week. "The last couple of summers have been pretty light (with) quick Test matches.

"I suspect this summer might be a bit different at times. We'll be drawing on Cam Green and Mitch Marsh a bit more.

"Even someone like Cam basically started in Shield cricket as a bowler but hasn't had to bowl heaps in Test matches. Now he is a few years older, I think we will be leaning on him a bit more."

Both Green and the national selectors alike acknowledged one of the major factors in his breakthrough knock in Wellington in February was the decision for him to miss white-ball games in the lead-in to the NZ Test series.

The right-hander instead played a Sheffield Shield match for WA, peeling off an unbeaten 103 against Tasmania to ensure he headed across the ditch in prime red-ball form.

Coach Andrew McDonald has previously flagged the possibility of a similar approach ahead of the forthcoming India campaign, which sees Australia face Pakistan in home limited-overs games through early-November.

But Green is committed to establishing himself in Australia's white-ball sides given he remains only a fringe ODI and T20I player at present.

"Obviously had a bit of success with it last year," said Green, who has been named in both white-ball squads for the next month's tour of the United Kingdom and will be in consideration for next year's ODI Champions Trophy.

"Having an extended break (from white-ball cricket) before a Test tour, it's going to help for sure. I really enjoyed doing it last year and there's potentially a chance to do it again this year.

"I obviously love playing for WA, playing Shield cricket is awesome, I think it's the best preparation you can have for a Test tour.

"But at the same time you always want to play for Australia, especially when there always seems to be a World Cup or a Champions Trophy just around the corner.

"If you decide to not do a white-ball series, is it going to hurt your chances for the Champions Trophy, for example? There's always these things you've got to weigh up. So it's still up in the air."

Last edited by a moderator:
This is slowly turning out to be one of the most hyped Test series of all time. And for a good reason to be honest.

A proper 5 Test rubber between the two best sides in the world by clear margin. Can't get more intense than this. Probably the first of it's kind since those legendary Aus-WI clashes in the late 1980s.
And you are taking a lone match in England over the most hyped test series ever?

All those posters who are claiming that they prefer WTC win will change their opinion in a month or so when the hype gets stronger.

Former Australia coach John Buchanan told local Indian media at an event:

"Australia (has), since losing to India in the last series, the pace bowling attack with (off-spinner Nathan) Lyon, backed up now by Cameron Green or Mitch Marsh, is just a really, really powerful bowling lineup."

"India's top order, (Yashasvi) Jaiswal, (Rohit) Sharma himself, (Virat) Kohli, possibly Iyer… they've got to bat really well to establish totals and then the likes of (Jasprit) Bumrah, (Mohammed) Shami, (Mohammed) Siraj will come into their own."

"The previous series that India won — important from both, Indian perspective and an Australian perspective — a little bit of the mind games will go into the pre-series."

"But for all that, those games have passed, those players are gone and the current players we have both in the Australian side and the Indian side, they're at a stage of their careers where they all want to perform. I looked at the ages and India has got some aging players in that side notably Rohit who's 37 and Kohli is 35, (Ravichandran) Ashwin, if he tours, he's 37 and you look at the Australian side, there's only one or two players who are under 30."

"It'll be very much a battle again between the very good pace bowling attacks of both sides and how well the top order players of both sides can deal with the ball that will bounce, seam and probably swing a little bit more in the day-night game in Adelaide."

"Why Australia plays well at home is they do bat well, they understand their conditions, but that lineup of (Pat) Cummins, (Mitchell) Starc, (Josh) Hazlewood, backed up by Lyon, is just one of the all-time best all-round attacks that world cricket has seen."

"Albeit that, Starc is (nearly) 35, Hazlewood is 33, and Cummins is 31 — it's a five-Test series — so if India can not only bat well, but bat for long periods of time, then it will test the physical capacities of that Australian bowling attack and therein potentially lies a little bit of a key to how India can look at winning the series."

"Australia is favourite going into the series right at this stage. When you look around world cricket these days — and it has been (the case) for some time — it's very difficult to tour other countries."

"(The) travelling teams no longer have that preparation in a country. They don't play two or three games prior to playing the first Test match to adjust to a country, because nobody wants to tour for that long."

"That makes it very difficult when you go to Perth, when it's fast and bouncy, for a side that's coming from, they will have played Bangladesh (and New Zealand) obviously, but Bangladesh at home isn't it? "The wickets are going to be completely different, albeit it's fantastic lead-in that they're playing some Test cricket, but it's going to be quite difficult to go to Perth to start with."

Without the shrewd Shastri and Bharat Arun and worse the temperamental/inflammable Gambhir in charge the tour could unravel pretty quickly ... we shall see but it promises to be an epic series especially if we draw or win the 1st test. Need to send a squad of 20 players atleast from past experience.

This is going to one hell of a a series. Australia will be looking to take revenge while india will be looking to put another nail in the coffin of the hosts. Could be a last tour for rohit and virat ig

Could it be indias revenge for 2023?

Or will it be Aussies revenge for losing last 4 series to India.

Could it be indias revenge for 2023?

Or will it be Aussies revenge for losing last 4 series to India.

5 test series. Should be fun either way.

I think it will be a tough series for jaiswal ..If he finds it easy then it will be a different ball game as Indian batting line-up gets a lot of confidence from that ..If he finds it tough as expected India needs a lot from experienced batsman like Rohit and Kohli to make it a competitive series..Indian bowling line up will be a match to australian counterparts ..

During a recent Q/A session on sports media outlet, Dinesh Karthik was asked about Pujara and Rahane’s replacements in the Team India for Australia tour:

“Shubman Gill and Sarfaraz Khan. Both of those batters have done really well against England in the home series that recently happened at the start of the year. I have a feeling both of them will definitely be on that flight to Australia and will be trying to do their best. We will know if they’re able to replace both Ajinkya and Pujji (Pujara). Big shoes to fill, but they have the quality and calibre in them.”

I think it will be a tough series for jaiswal ..If he finds it easy then it will be a different ball game as Indian batting line-up gets a lot of confidence from that ..
Perth will be tough for him to start.if he can start the innings in Adelaide in day light,it will give him the best chance to score big.He can definitely survive gabba if he improves after Perth. Melbourne and Sydney should be easy for him as mayank himself scored with out much worry in his first tour.But Jaiswal should be part of any A tour for better practice ahead of test series

Sarfaraz is not getting in the Xi ahead of KL. Barring injuries, the test XI is pretty much a lock for the time being.

Jaiswal
Rohit
Gill
Kohli
KL
Pant

"Hum Unko Bhagayenge": Ex-India Chief Selector's Bold Prediction For Border-Gavaskar Trophy​

Team India will tour Australia for a highly-anticipated five-match Test series later this year. Australia have had a historical edge over India in Test bilaterals. However, they haven't between India home or away since the 2014-15 series Down Under. In fact, during that period, India have won all four Test series between the two nations, including back-to-back wins on Australian soil. Former Team India chief selector Chetan Sharma feels that the Rohit Sharma-led side will make Australia run in their own backyard in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

Sharma, who was the chief selector during India's last tour of Australia, feels that the visitors will have the edge over the hosts, having dominated the Pat Cummins-led side in recent times.

"There was a time when we used to think about what would happen when we went to Australia. How will we perform? And for the last two tours, we went to Australia and beat them. Previously, Australia used to take us lightly but now they know they have to play out of their skins to beat India. We have built that reputation. We are currently the No.1-ranked team in the world. We will not only will give them a tough fight but we will make them run in their own backyard (hum unko bhagaynge unke hi ghar mein). I have a lot of confidence in the players," Sharma told RevSportz.

Sharma also suggested that the Jasprit Bumrah-led bowling attack will be the team's trump card this around.

"I have said multiple times that bowlers will win you Test matches. Right now, Tea India has the best bowling attack in the world. We have always had good batters. At times, in foreign conditions, you get pitches when teams get bowled out for 250-260. Do you have the bowling attack to get them out? We have seen it in recent times that we have bowlers to bowl the opposition out for even 150. Our bowlers are our trump card," he added.

For the record, this will be the first time since the early 1990s that India will be playing a five-match Test series in Australia.

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com

India won the last two tour of Australia with an identical scoreline of 2-1. In 2018-19, the Virat Kohli led side won the final and decisive Test in Sydney.

On the other hand, Kohli only played one match of the last tour as Ajinkya Rahane guided the team to victory in his absence.

Love watching R Ashwin bowl, says Nathan Lyon ahead of Border-Gavaskar battle​

Australia's star spinner Nathan Lyon has heaped praise on India's ace off-spinner R Ashwin ahead of the much-anticipated Border-Gavaskar Trophy, set to begin on November 22. In an exclusive interaction with Star Sports, Lyon revisited his long-standing rivalry with Ashwin and expressed his deep respect for the Indian spinner's mastery.

Lyon, who started his Test career around the same time as Ashwin, highlighted the fierce yet respectful competition between them over the years. Ashwin, earlier this year, reached the remarkable milestone of 500 Test wickets during India's series against England, while Lyon himself boasts an impressive tally of 530 Test wickets. Their parallel journeys have seen them emerge as two of the greatest off-spinners in modern cricket.

As the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy looms, fans are eagerly anticipating another chapter in the rivalry between Lyon and Ashwin. The four-match series will see both spinners play pivotal roles, with the potential for a thrilling head-to-head battle that could shape the outcome of the series.

"I know Ashwin and we debuted around similar times and we've competed against each other in a number of series now and between me and Ashwin I have got nothing but respect for him. I feel like I love watching him bowl, he's an absolute master in the craft of off-spin bowling and it's been an absolute privilege to play against him and learn off him," Lyon said

Lyon acknowledged Ashwin's expertise and expressed his excitement about facing the Indian squad, which he described as being full of superstars. Lyon emphasized that competing against the best, including Ashwin, has always been a driving force in his career.

“I've always said throughout my whole career I want to compete against the best and you look through the whole Indian line-up, the whole squad, there's absolute superstars everywhere you look and you want to compete and challenge yourself against them..." Lyon added.

Adding to the anticipation, Australia’s batting sensation Marnus Labuschagne also shared his thoughts with Star Sports, focusing on India’s formidable fast-bowling attack. Labuschagne pointed out that India’s pace bowlers, known for their effectiveness in Australian conditions, present a tough challenge.

"To these two teams, it doesn't matter where we're playing, if it's in England, Australia, or India, it's always a tough contest. India's fast bowling is very good, which is really what brings them into Australian conditions and makes them such a tough team to beat in Australian conditions. Hopefully this summer we can turn the tables on India and put them under real pressure," Labuschagne said.

With both teams brimming with talent and determination, the Border-Gavaskar Trophy promises to be an intense and closely contested series.

Australia coy on Steve Smith role for upcoming India Test series

The Aussies are still tossing up where Steve Smith sits in their playing XI for the crucial Test series against India.

Australia are remaining tightlipped as to whether experienced batter Steve Smith will continue in his role as opener during the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Test series against India.

Smith has been a rock in Australia's middle-order for more than a decade, but was moved up to an unfamiliar role at the top alongside Usman Khawaja with mixed success when fellow veteran David Warner retired from Test cricket at the start of the year.

Smith managed one half-century and averaged just 28.50 from four Tests against the West Indies and New Zealand, with the 35-year-old's best innings coming in a narrow loss to the Caribbean side in Brisbane when he managed an unbeaten 91*.

But with India set to travel Down Under for a five-match series that will help determine who reaches next year's ICC World Test Championship final, Australia are still tossing up whether Smith will remain as opener or revert back to his more preferred batting position at No.4.

Australia star batter Steve Smith in his element in the format that he sees as the 'ultimate for a cricketer' at the ICC World Test Championship Final 2023

Andrew McDonald was quizzed about what his side will do with Smith on Tuesday, 10 September but the Australia coach refused to give away too much.

“That's the question on everyone's lips, isn't it? While we've got an eye to it, we haven't made any firm decisions around that one,” McDonald said on Australian radio station SEN.

“There’s plenty of speculation around that. But in the background, I'd be lying if I said the conversation wasn't happening.

“There are conversations around a lot of what ifs in terms of that Test summer that is to come.

“We'll unveil everything, and we'll let (Smith's coach at domestic level) Greg Shipperd know what our plans are and then we'll see what he does with his New South Wales side should Steve Smith play (Sheffield) Shield cricket.

McDonald is currently in the United Kingdom ahead of Australia's white-ball series against England having overseen their recent T20I series sweep over Scotland in Edinburgh.

With Australia's Test captain Pat Cummins skipping the European tour and instead resting at home, McDonald indicated any selection matter for the India series would be put on the backburner for the time being.

“What am I willing to share? Not a lot at this stage. All I can say is the conversation's happening,” McDonald added.

“Clearly, Patty Cummins as the captain is a big part of that, he’s rehabbing at the moment, he’s not over here (in Europe).

“We've already had some chats in Sydney initially around what we're thinking for the summer, and that goes right down to depth bowling and what it looks like, all those hypotheticals and what ifs that we always go through.

“Clearly, if we make a shift with Steve Smith, then someone else will have to go to the top.

“We've seen Cameron Green be really successful at No.4 as well. So that sort of adds layers to the decision-making.

“But nothing is firm and fixed on at the moment.”

Source: ICC

Nathan Lyon told a local Indian sports media outlet in an interview:

"Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Rishabh Pant are probably going to be the three really big ones. But then you've still got Jaiswal, Shubman Gill, Jadeja, and who else will come out-another five, I'm not sure. But it's a pretty amazing line-up they've got, so it's going to be a massive challenge. As I said, if we, as a bowling group, are good enough for long periods, hopefully, we can challenge their defence."

During an interview with local Indian media, Glenn Maxwell expressed his excitement to see Virat Kohli and Steve Smith go head-to-head against each other in the upcoming Border Gavaskar series:

"I think probably the way that the two superstar batters, Steve Smith and Virat Kohli, probably head-to-head, seeing how their dominance I suppose is asserted on the series and how much of an influence that has on who takes home the Border Gavaskar Trophy. One of those two is going to make a lot of runs, if not both of them, and it's going to be pretty exciting to watch the two of the finest players of our generation go head-to-head."

As an indian fan - My 5c's worth on this series.

Why I think India wont be successful

No Che Pu.

The one single most impact player in the last 2 series.

- Dude is the sponge that absorbs the blows, the guy that draws the sting out of the scorpion, the guy who contributes max to make the opposition take the 3rd new ball& also scores the runs.

- In a long 5 test series in the hot Aussie summer - the fitness of the Aus bowlers will be tested and Che pu would have been a massive contributing factor to set the cat amongst the pigeons.

- has India replaced him? Not really.

- Don't think Sarfraz Khan with his predominant bottom handed subcontinent forward press kind of gameis the solution, much like Dhoni will absorb balls and tire out bowlers

KL is too flashy and gives too many chances.

Hitman is surely on his last test legs.

Hoping VK has a block buster of a series and Rishabh, Jadz, Ash and co contribute a lot swinging from the hip.

- in his short one test career i felt the closest we could get to Che Pu was Devdutt Padikkal. Dude has the defence and the strokes. Has the patience as shown in that one test appearance, got a 50 + and was looking good for a big one when he got out. In the aftermath and the glow of that series win, he was the one guy every one has forgotten and also his innings didnt get the credit it deserved.

- The other option could be Washi Sundar - dude does have the basic defense and is a handy bowling option.

- U can throw in no Rahane either - you are missign someone with massive experience not only in the middle but out in the slips as well.

In short - do we have someone with patience who can bat ugly, who can annoy the bowlers to boredom, who can stick like a limpet to the crease?

Any one who is good at Sweeping and can apply it effectively against Nathan Lyon? - dont think so.

Bowling

We will surely miss a guy like Ishant and his solid 22-25 ov spells per day, he was the bowling equivalent of Che pu. You knew he had one end tied up and the others could attack from the other end. He showed this all thru 2015-2021 till he was discarded. He was our Neil Wagner, our Even Chatfield, our Ryan Harris our Angus Fraser kinda work horse-would just step up bowl, bowl and bowl .

for the others - Siraj has to step up, take responsibility of the enforcer and bowl max in all 5 tests. Hopefully the spin twins can share the workload allowing Jassi and Shami to attack from the other end.

What india needs to be successful: -

We have to get some unknowns - ie Mayank Yadav, umraan, Kuldeep Sen, or someone who bowls 145 kmph - just to push them Aussie bats onto the back foot. A bowler of this kind would surely lend a different dimension to our attack.

Or maybe the unkown X factor might come from Yash jaiswal - if he has a good first session, that can send the thunderflash down them Aussie trousers and make it easier for the rest - much like what Veeru used to do.

I feel we need to get to Melbourne by being only 0-1. If we can do that we have a pretty good chance in Melbourne given the unpredictable pitch and Sydney where it turns and Kuldeep can be a massive factor - like 2018.

Imagine if we Drew the first test at PERTH - Auz would be bricks.

All in all as an indian fan- not too confident - i wold think 1- 3 is looming- sorry for the pessimism....but happy to be proven wrong :)

As an indian fan - My 5c's worth on this series.

Why I think India wont be successful

No Che Pu.

The one single most impact player in the last 2 series.

- Dude is the sponge that absorbs the blows, the guy that draws the sting out of the scorpion, the guy who contributes max to make the opposition take the 3rd new ball& also scores the runs.

- In a long 5 test series in the hot Aussie summer - the fitness of the Aus bowlers will be tested and Che pu would have been a massive contributing factor to set the cat amongst the pigeons.

- has India replaced him? Not really.

- Don't think Sarfraz Khan with his predominant bottom handed subcontinent forward press kind of gameis the solution, much like Dhoni will absorb balls and tire out bowlers

KL is too flashy and gives too many chances.

Hitman is surely on his last test legs.

Hoping VK has a block buster of a series and Rishabh, Jadz, Ash and co contribute a lot swinging from the hip.

- in his short one test career i felt the closest we could get to Che Pu was Devdutt Padikkal. Dude has the defence and the strokes. Has the patience as shown in that one test appearance, got a 50 + and was looking good for a big one when he got out. In the aftermath and the glow of that series win, he was the one guy every one has forgotten and also his innings didnt get the credit it deserved.

- The other option could be Washi Sundar - dude does have the basic defense and is a handy bowling option.

- U can throw in no Rahane either - you are missign someone with massive experience not only in the middle but out in the slips as well.

In short - do we have someone with patience who can bat ugly, who can annoy the bowlers to boredom, who can stick like a limpet to the crease?

Any one who is good at Sweeping and can apply it effectively against Nathan Lyon? - dont think so.

Bowling

We will surely miss a guy like Ishant and his solid 22-25 ov spells per day, he was the bowling equivalent of Che pu. You knew he had one end tied up and the others could attack from the other end. He showed this all thru 2015-2021 till he was discarded. He was our Neil Wagner, our Even Chatfield, our Ryan Harris our Angus Fraser kinda work horse-would just step up bowl, bowl and bowl .

for the others - Siraj has to step up, take responsibility of the enforcer and bowl max in all 5 tests. Hopefully the spin twins can share the workload allowing Jassi and Shami to attack from the other end.

What india needs to be successful: -

We have to get some unknowns - ie Mayank Yadav, umraan, Kuldeep Sen, or someone who bowls 145 kmph - just to push them Aussie bats onto the back foot. A bowler of this kind would surely lend a different dimension to our attack.

Or maybe the unkown X factor might come from Yash jaiswal - if he has a good first session, that can send the thunderflash down them Aussie trousers and make it easier for the rest - much like what Veeru used to do.

I feel we need to get to Melbourne by being only 0-1. If we can do that we have a pretty good chance in Melbourne given the unpredictable pitch and Sydney where it turns and Kuldeep can be a massive factor - like 2018.

Imagine if we Drew the first test at PERTH - Auz would be bricks.

All in all as an indian fan- not too confident - i wold think 1- 3 is looming- sorry for the pessimism....but happy to be proven wrong :)
It's a myth that it turns in scg. It's flat as hell. That's why marnus etc make merry there.

I think we will lose 2-1 as well. Not 3-1. But you never know.

WHo will score the most runs in this series???

VIRAT?
SMITH?
Easily Smith

Varat is finished. I think he will struggle badly.

Even last time he only averaged 40 in aus.

He did good in SA but he is weak vs Cummins and hazlewood. He will be lucky to average 30 Max I feel.

Maybe he will throw a hissy fit and go home again

Back