Indian Premier League | Day 27 | Hyderabad (Deccan) | May 6, 2016 | Match thread

#GreenRoars

T20I Star
Runs
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad
DA Warner*, A Ashish Reddy, RK Bhui, Bipul Sharma, TA Boult, BCJ Cutting, S Dhawan, MC Henriques, DJ Hooda, S Kaul, B Kumar, A Mithun, EJG Morgan, Mustafizur Rahman, A Nehra, NV Ojha, V Shankar, KV Sharma, BB Sran, TL Suman, AP Tare, KS Williamson, Yuvraj Singh

Gujarat Lions Squad
SK Raina*, S Ladda, AD Nath, Amit Mishra, DJ Bravo, P Dogra, ER Dwivedi, JP Faulkner, AJ Finch, Ishan Kishan, RA Jadeja, SB Jakati, KD Karthik, S Kaushik, DS Kulkarni, P Kumar, BB McCullum, PJ Sangwan, JN Shah, UA Sharma, DR Smith, DW Steyn, PV Tambe, AJ Tye

"The biggest cheers in the stadium seem to be reserved for David Warner, whose favourite dish, he says appearing on the giant screen, is Hyderabadi Biryani. And that has earned him a few more high-decibel cheers."

Biryani.. why not? Becoming a fan of Warner!!

Chal... let's go Hyderabad and crush Gujarat.. We're bowling first..

Lol Warner winning the captaincy poll:))

He has like the easiest job in the world.

Bowl Bhubaneswar and nehraji upfront bowl one over of Mustafiz at fag end of powerplay bowl henriques, Sran and a bit of others. Death bowl Mustafiz and bhuv.

I think Gambhir and Rohit have been good.

for me Thalassery Dhum Biriyani is the best! was hit in middle east too

Dhoni has been **** poor and also hiding in the batting lineup. He has been defensive overall. No wonder his team is rock bottom, this coming from someone who is vocal about Dhoni usually

He has like the easiest job in the world.

Bowl Bhubaneswar and nehraji upfront bowl one over of Mustafiz at fag end of powerplay bowl henriques, Sran and a bit of others. Death bowl Mustafiz and bhuv.

I think Gambhir and Rohit have been good.

SRH always have the best bowling line up of every IPL but they will also have a shaky batting. But this time around, batting doesn't seem too bad.

They also have the best seam bowling line up of the IPL. Swing it up front with BK and Nehra using the new ball and Mustafizur will take care of the death bowling. Sran is decent as well.

Kane-Warner-UV-Mutafiz-Bhuvi-Nehra

Add Dhawan, Moises into the mix.. very very good line up this!

Finch after 35 balls has only 37 runs. I thought he was a master blaster for the Aussies?

Sunriseres have done well in the tournament so far, bit surprised about how Gujarat have done.

130 could be difficult to chase on today's wicket.

2 - 17 for Fizz. Indian fielder denied him the wicket of McCullum.

Bhuvi had been best bowler so far un this ipl

It's definitely fuzz. Bhuvi is good but fizz is something else :srini

Fizz gets Jadeja for the fifth or sixth time lol.

Lol why do you guys keep a count on those whom he has dismissed in his career. He's not some minnow bowler to keep count like that. He's a world class bowler and he's expected to dismiss world class batsmen, never mind tailenders like Jadeja.

Lol why do you guys keep a count on those whom he has dismissed in his career. He's not some minnow bowler to keep count like that. He's a world class bowler and he's expected to dismiss world class batsmen, never mind tailenders like Jadeja.

TBH Jadeja has this knack of always getting out to Mustafiz, so often that no one can ignore it.

Having said that, Jadeja is practically a tailender these days. Need to up his batting

SRH always have the best bowling line up of every IPL but they will also have a shaky batting. But this time around, batting doesn't seem too bad.

They also have the best seam bowling line up of the IPL. Swing it up front with BK and Nehra using the new ball and Mustafizur will take care of the death bowling. Sran is decent as well.

Their batting so far has been a one man show - Warner. They didn't really need to score score any runs because they never had to chase anything at all. Mustafiz is doing a great job. Bowling at the end of the powerplay and death still conceding less than 5 rpo. Bhuv has been exceptional too. The matches are usually setup by these two.

I hope ftb dhawan will come good tonight. Looking positive so far.

His job is just sit back at the other end and enjoy the batting of Warner.

Bhuvi had been best bowler so far un this ipl
I agree. He and Russell.
Except for that one over where Sarfaraz Khan took him to cleaners. Take that 28 run over out and by far he is among the best bowler this season.

He has always been a tailender who pretended like a batsman. Did you watch his collosal fu*k up at Canberra last tour to Australia?

The only time I have seen him making a positive impact with the bat was when he hit a crucial six off Anderson in the final of the last Champions trophy.

Fifty in Lords test against England.

He has always been a tailender who pretended like a batsman. Did you watch his collosal mess up at Canberra last tour to Australia?

The only time I have seen him making a positive impact with the bat was when he hit a crucial six off Anderson in the final of the last Champions trophy.

Sorry couldn't follow that match. Jadeja has been arguably the most useless no. 7 batsman I have seen over time. I guess the only reason why he got so many matches as an allrounder is because of the lack of allrounders in Indian cricket in general. India would have loved to have someone like Chris Morris(though never liked him) or even David Willey

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuvraj is finished. 5 off 14? Really? How does he keep getting picked for India? Not even good enough for the IPL. Really should consider retirement and a career in commentary or something.

Deservedly man of the match. Bowled a maiden first up and picked up the crucial wickets of Smith, Raina and set up the match for SRH. I was worried they'd give MoM to Dhawan..

I agree. He and Russell.
Except for that one over where Sarfaraz Khan took him to cleaners. Take that 28 run over out and by far he is among the best bowler this season.

Death bowling, still no one does it better than Bravo. He got a number of variations and despite of playing him for 9 years players still find hard to hit him.

Inept batting.. Bangladesh bats better than SRH

In ODIs our batting is definitely better.

In T20s our batting is worse but no one knows it because we have had some good bowlers like Shakib, Fizz, Al Amin Taskin who are quite miserly. But that is rather down to the lack of power hitters. When we have some musclemen we will win some more T20s. Watching Mushy and Nasir slog at the death is horror

Back