Indian Premier League (Match 38) - 20 October, 2020 - KXIP [167/5] beat DC [164/5] by 5 wickets

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
When: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at 19:30 IST

Where: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai

What to expect: With the pitches in Dubai slowing down considerably as the game progresses, it's been difficult on chasing sides. DC would know it better than anyone, having only just won their first game while chasing. Toss, therefore, assumes greater importance here.

Squads:

Delhi Capitals Squad: Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane, Shreyas Iyer(c), Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey(w), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Tushar Deshpande, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje, Harshal Patel, Mohit Sharma, Avesh Khan, Shimron Hetmyer, Praveen Dubey, Rishabh Pant, Sandeep Lamichhane, Keemo Paul, Daniel Sams, Lalit Yadav

Kings XI Punjab Squad: KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, Chris Jordan, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mandeep Singh, Karun Nair, Krishnappa Gowtham, James Neesham, Sheldon Cottrell, Sarfaraz Khan, Hardus Viljoen, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ishan Porel, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar

Delhi Capitals have won the toss and have opted to bat

Delhi Capitals (Playing XI): Prithvi Shaw, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer(c), Rishabh Pant(w), Shimron Hetmyer, Daniel Sams, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kagiso Rabada, Tushar Deshpande

Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, James Neesham, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh

Dhwaan is looking unstoppable in these last few games. Good news for DC with the play offs coming up.

Shaw is a poor man who is not good enough to hack it at the highest level against international level bowling.

Punjab should have dropped Maxwell for Neesham. That would have given them Jordan as another bowling option. So, six proper bowling options would have helped. Jordan can be bowled a over or two in death overs.

Pubjab have sorted their batting out but the bowling is truly awful. Next season they should aim to sign a top class international bowler.

Hardus Viljoen should definitely be given a chance before the end of the season.

How can a Pakistani with a bit of self-respect watch this?

Cricket doesn't resolve around Pakistan. How can you not want to watch the best players in the world play against each other for 2 months LOL?

Pakistan fans think the world revolves around Pakistan cricket team.

Cricket doesn't resolve around Pakistan. How can you not want to watch the best players in the world play against each other for 2 months LOL?

Pakistan fans think the world revolves around Pakistan cricket team.

Sorry for my ignorance I said Pakistani fans, not Indians I will wait for a Pakistani fan to reply. No Pakistan fans don't think the world revolves around our team just becuase it a narrative used by Indian fans doesn't make it true. We know where we are and what we need to do to improve.

DC would like Pant to be in form for the play offs. This is a really good chance for him to get into form.

Sorry for my ignorance I said Pakistani fans, not Indians I will wait for a Pakistani fan to reply. No Pakistan fans don't think the world revolves around our team just becuase it a narrative used by Indian fans doesn't make it true. We know where we are and what we need to do to improve.

I am a Pakistan fan. Just because I don't sing the praise day in and day out of the team doesn't make me less of a fan.

You clearly think the world revolves around Pakistan. Coming to aj IPL match thread asking why Pakistan fans would watch the IPL? :))) :)))

What people say and do doesn't make them any less of a fan then someone like you. If you don't like what someone does or says you need to get on with it and live your life.

I am a Pakistan fan. Just because I don't sing the praise day in and day out of the team doesn't make me less of a fan.

You clearly think the world revolves around Pakistan. Coming to aj IPL match thread asking why Pakistan fans would watch the IPL? :))) :)))

What people say and do doesn't make them any less of a fan then someone like you. If you don't like what someone does or says you need to get on with it and live your life.

What kind of kinder level logic is this? This is PP i am sure you know what it stands for.

What kind of kinder level logic is this? This is PP i am sure you know what it stands for.

If you don't watch it , why are you on this thread? Why do you have a problem with a cricket fan watching a cricket game? I am a cricket fan not just a Pakistan fan. If I want to watch a game of cricket not involving a Pakistan team or Pakistan player it doesn't make me any less of a fan. And furthermore you don't decide who is less of a fan. If someone has a different opinion to you it doesn't make them less of a fan. This isn't the first time you have questioned my support Pakistan. If you have a problem with my opinion, the best thing to do is ignore it because I will say what I want. I'm not any less of a Pakistan fan as you so please stop saying that. I watch nearly every ball of every Pakistan game as long as I am not working so don't ever say I am a less of a fan just because I don't praise every thing about Pakistan and because I give praise to other teams and players. You really need to learn how to handle other people's opinions being different to yours.

If you don't watch it , why are you on this thread? Why do you have a problem with a cricket fan watching a cricket game? I am a cricket fan not just a Pakistan fan. If I want to watch a game of cricket not involving a Pakistan team or Pakistan player it doesn't make me any less of a fan. And furthermore you don't decide who is less of a fan. If someone has a different opinion to you it doesn't make them less of a fan. This isn't the first time you have questioned my support Pakistan. If you have a problem with my opinion, the best thing to do is ignore it because I will say what I want. I'm not any less of a Pakistan fan as you so please stop saying that. I watch nearly every ball of every Pakistan game as long as I am not working so don't ever say I am a less of a fan just because I don't praise every thing about Pakistan and because I give praise to other teams and players. You really need to learn how to handle other people's opinions being different to yours.

You are right.

Pakistan or any other country is not playing all the time. A cricket fan would be interested in good cricket instead of one or two particular teams.

Lol Pubjab got rid of Stonis, Ashwin , and Axar. There recruitment and releasing of players is hilarious.

Pakistani players have also played in IPL for few seasons and things may change in future for good! There is nothing like Pakistanis should not watch IPL (or any cricket played by Indians). If so then the broadcast should have been banned/blocked in their country! Similarly Indians do watch Pakistan cricket! Let's not be too rude at "Cricket" fans in general (what they want to watch & enjoy!) Still there's give & take/ import & export happening even in adverse times.

You are right.

Pakistan or any other country is not playing all the time. A cricket fan would be interested in good cricket instead of one or two particular teams.

There is no other cricket on anyway so why would you not want to cricket if you are a cricket fan lol?

Yes you are right. I try to follow and watch as much cricket as possible not just Pakistan games.

Dhawan is in supreme touch (more selfless with better strike-rate & impact compared to consistent Rahul!)

Pakistani players have also played in IPL for few seasons and things may change in future for good! There is nothing like Pakistanis should not watch IPL (or any cricket played by Indians). If so then the broadcast should have been banned/blocked in their country! Similarly Indians do watch Pakistan cricket! Let's not be too rude at "Cricket" fans in general (what they want to watch & enjoy!) Still there's give & take/ import & export happening even in adverse times.

I honestly couldn't care less if Pakistan players play in the IPL or not. When the IPL season is on, I will be watching it.

Pakistan fans think they have the right to call other fans less fans for watching the IPL. These type of fans think cricket revolves around Pakistan.

I wonder which team is going to be able to stop Dhwaan. Because he looks unstoppable right now.

I hit the nerve it seems. This is PP a public platform if you don't like my opinions you can block me too. I am sure you are aware of the option. Using your same logic why were you on the National t20 thread when you don't watch it and was complaining about the standards? I have no problem with anyone watching anything they want what I have a problem is that when some people tell us "how can people watch national t20 over IPL"? I am sure that may ring a bell. So don't preach something which you don't do yourself and complain when you ask the same question. So seems like you did have a problem with people watching national t20 over ipl.

It's not Rohit, it's not even Kohli. Dhawan is the real deal. He's our Indian team's vital cog. May it be IPL or big tournaments. Some posters were calling for his head and replace with bachas like Shaw. Let Shaw become Sadagoppan Ramesh first before taking him to the level of Dhawan.

I hit the nerve it seems. This is PP a public platform if you don't like my opinions you can block me too. I am sure you are aware of the option. Using your same logic why were you on the National t20 thread when you don't watch it and was complaining about the standards? I have no problem with anyone watching anything they want what I have a problem is that when some people tell us "how can people watch national t20 over IPL"? I am sure that may ring a bell. So don't preach something which you don't do yourself and complain when you ask the same question. So seems like you did have a problem with people watching national t20 over ipl.

Okay. Whatever.

Just don't call me less of a fan again.

I honestly couldn't care less if Pakistan players play in the IPL or not. When the IPL season is on, I will be watching it.

Pakistan fans think they have the right to call other fans less fans for watching the IPL. These type of fans think cricket revolves around Pakistan.

And we could honestly care less if our tournaments are below minnow level we don't need cricket fans telling us what we should watch. Those type of fans think IPL......

And we could honestly care less if our tournaments are below minnow level we don't need cricket fans telling us what we should watch. Those type of fans think IPL......

Ok. Good for you. You are on my ignore list. So don't quote me because I don't want to interact with someone who calls people fake fans because they don't agree with his opinion.

Okay. Whatever.

Just don't call me less of a fan again.

Seems like you don't have a response when presented with some facts and used the same logic against you. I won't as long as you don't bring IPL in our threads too.

Oh no no no no no!

Dhawan is going to come back into the T20 team now.... :facepalm:

That means Rahul will be no.4

:facepalm

Dhawan and Jadeja are arguably the biggest con-men ever of Indian cricket.

Pubjab will be happy so far. Need to finish well. Time and time again this season they have lost the initiative after being in front.

Kings XI may just sneak into the playoff's now.

They have the momentum now.

Seems like you don't have a response when presented with some facts and used the same logic against you. I won't as long as you don't bring IPL in our threads too.

He gets his fair share of ridicule when he tries being anti Pakistani on such threads, let him enjoy his little space here bro.

Hetmyer should bat ahead of Stonis. I think he is a better player of spin and doesn't need as much time to get going.

DC minus Dhawan's score looks awful actually! They should have been easily near 200! It almost looks a below par score! So other teams may start to work out to pick Dhawan's wicket to restrict DC...

He gets his fair share of ridicule when he tries being anti Pakistani on such threads, let him enjoy his little space here bro.

Having a different opinion to sheep like you makes you anti Pakistani?

Shami sticking with Yorkers in death overs. In previous games, he tried different things ended up getting for plenty. Looks like that super over helped him realise what he should stick with in death overs.

Pubjab have a history of choking and DC have a good attack. Could be an entertaining finish.

Having a different opinion to sheep like you makes you anti Pakistani?

Boy your not on my level. Enjoy your little space here, don’t pick fights with people you can’t deal with

He will now since I am on his ignore list lol after presenting him with facts which were hard to swallow.

Boy your not on my level. Enjoy your little space here, don’t pick fights with people you can’t deal with

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm asking a question. Don't call me less of a fan because I have a different opinion to you.

People's tend to watch more glamourous, how many of you watches National T20 leagues compared to PSL.. or how many of you/we follow our own football league compared to EPL/La Liga?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm asking a question. Don't call me less of a fan because I have a different opinion to you.

You’re opinion being different isn’t the issue. Don’t get all defensive and innocent now that you are being pumped daily here.

The poster didn’t even direct the comment at you when he said why would Any Pakistani watch this, you picked the fight with him and then dropped the trademark line of ignore list. We are not in nursery here. Either grow a pair if you want to pick fights or don’t take a strong tone when posting opinions on Pakistan cricket

You care too much what a random person on an internet forum cares about. :))) :))

If this what helps you sleep at night better then I am happy that I contributed seems like you want attetion or something. You have used this statement quite a few times seems like you want some recognition and want people to take you seriously. What happened to the ignore? Anyway my last post.

Loving this serious pace to Chris Gayle by Thushar Kapoor

So Ashwin has really an edge over Gayle.. and Nicholas P starts with a four..

Mayank needs to learn to take responsibility and back himself to be there till the end like KL Rahul backs him. Then only he will become a great player.

Mayank needs to learn to take responsibility and back himself to be there till the end like KL Rahul backs him. Then only he will become a great player.

Not entirely his mistake today.. he was run out..

Nicholas has been excellent this year.. last year he was a disappointment..

KXIP needs 45 runs in 8 overs.. can they make a game out of this?😜

Lol first time Nicholas leave the ball this innings hes been caught behind.. anyway brilliant fifty by him :14:

Back