Indian Premier League (Match 43) - 24 October, 2020 - KXIP [126/7] beat SRH [114] by 12 runs

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
When: Saturday, October 24 at 19:30 IST

Where: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai

What to expect: Slow wickets and absence of dew has often made life difficult for chasing sides. Teams batting first hold a 12-6 advantage in Dubai. Winning the toss could be a significant advantage.

Squads:

Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: David Warner(c), Jonny Bairstow(w), Manish Pandey, Vijay Shankar, Priyam Garg, Abdul Samad, Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan, Wriddhiman Saha, Shreevats Goswami, Siddarth Kaul, Mohammad Nabi, Kane Williamson, Bavanaka Sandeep, Billy Stanlake, Fabian Allen, Virat Singh, Basil Thampi, Khaleel Ahmed, Sanjay Yadav, Abhishek Sharma, Prithvi Raj Yarra

Kings XI Punjab Squad: KL Rahul(w/c), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Deepak Hooda, James Neesham, Murugan Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mandeep Singh, Chris Jordan, Karun Nair, Krishnappa Gowtham, Sheldon Cottrell, Sarfaraz Khan, Hardus Viljoen, Jagadeesha Suchith, Ishan Porel, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunrisers Hyderabad have won the toss and have opted to field

Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): David Warner(c), Jonny Bairstow(w), Manish Pandey, Vijay Shankar, Priyam Garg, Abdul Samad, Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Khaleel Ahmed, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan

Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): KL Rahul(w/c), Chris Gayle, Nicholas Pooran, Glenn Maxwell, Mandeep Singh, Deepak Hooda, Murugan Ashwin, Chris Jordan, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh

Last edited by a moderator:
KXIP:
Mayank Agarwal and Jimmy Neesham miss out and Mandeep Singh and Chris Jordan come in.

Last edited:
Mandeep Singh is opening alongside KL Rahul, and the broadcasters say he lost his father earlier today. Props to him for coming out to play. He is at the non-striker's end. KXIP wearing black armbands today.

Gayle gone.. now get Nicholas P early.. He's the one i feared a lot.. SRH bowling simply suits his batting style..

Rashid Khan such a wonderful bowler.. he's really a king in T20s..

One can only laugh when some morons compare Rahul to AB. Rahul has not even got 60 percent of AB's ability

Natarajan should be in contention for T20 internationals. Very good with Yorkers. Will do well alongside Bumrah.

Good bowling by Sandeep Sharma today, 29/2 by him.. He's always been good for SRH.. This is how he should be used, bowl him out before 16th over.. and another wicket gone, Rashid Strikes, Hooda gone for none..

Indian bowlers in contention for WT20 as per performance in IPL 2020:-

Bumrah
Bhuvi
Shami
Saini
Chahar
Natarajan

We will see if any new name gets added after IPL 2021 or not. I have my eyes on Kartik Tyagi for next year though.

Natrajan has to be most consistent Yorker bowler in India. Brillant stuff by him.

Yorker after Yorker. Bowled the maximum Yorkers in death overs in IPL 2020.

Natrajan has to be most consistent Yorker bowler in India. Brillant stuff by him.

Yorker after Yorker. Bowled the maximum Yorkers in death overs in IPL 2020.

More than 50 Yorkers by him this ipl.. Despite playing only few games Bravo is second, 21 Yorkers by him and Shami is 3rd, 18 Yorkers by him..

Thought this would be a close game . But seems as though as usual Pubjab choked under pressure.

Delhi,Punjab, and RCB are the franchises which choke the most under pressure.

It's between Hyderabad and Kolkata after today's match.

BTW I don't like umpires decision making.. They should be consistent with their decision.. If batsman moved across and bowler bowled outside wide line they sometimes calls it wide and sometimes don't.. (personally I feel it should be wide if it's outside wide line no matter where batsman stand)..

It's between Hyderabad and Kolkata after today's match.
More like KKR, they 3 easy games left against KXIP, CSK & RR.. SRH have 3 games left against top 3 (or both KKR & SRH can make it to play-offs and one off top 3 can't, I'd like to see that happens 😋)

Anyway it can be a tricky chase since how badly Nicholas struggles to hit out.. Seems like two-paced pitch..

SRH has better run rate than KKR.
They just need to match the 4th place team points.

More like KKR, they 3 easy games left against KXIP, CSK & RR.. SRH have 3 games left against top 3 (or both KKR & SRH can make it to play-offs and one off top 3 can't, I'd like to see that happens 😋)

Given the matches that KKR and SRH have left, I think it won't be wrong to say that the chances of SRH are slim now and KKR will eventually be in top 4 alongside other three teams.

It is also very unlikely that anyone of MI, RCB or DD will lose all their games.

Last edited:
David Warner last Nine innings vs #KXIP
52(40)
58(41)
81(52)
59(31)
52(41)
70(54)*
51(27)
70(62)*
81(56)

He's well set 10th straight fifty against them (hope I'm not jinxing him)..

David Warner last Nine innings vs #KXIP
52(40)
58(41)
81(52)
59(31)
52(41)
70(54)*
51(27)
70(62)*
81(56)

He's well set 10th straight fifty against them (hope I'm not jinxing him)..

Its unbelievable stats !!!

Given the matches that KKR and SRH have left, I think it won't be wrong to say that the chances of SRH are slim now and KKR will eventually be in top 4 alongside other three teams.

It is also very unlikely that anyone of MI, RCB or DD will lose all their games.

Well if RCB lose against MI SRH can displace them if we win all remaining games..

To me thats not out, it was handle hitting pads, missed 10th straight fifty

Well if RCB lose against MI SRH can displace them if we win all remaining games..

RCB has 4 matches left, they will have to lose three, only losing against MI won't work. Also, KkR has to lose to SRH and win rest and SRH has to win all.

But its not happening :yk

RCB has 4 matches left, they will have to lose three, only losing against MI won't work. Also, KkR has to lose to SRH and win rest and SRH has to win all.

But its not happening :yk

Thought they've only three left :(..

Who sends this Garg guy, that's in a slot and he just push for single.. And Holder is out..

Lol..
This match reminds RCB vs SRH first match.
SRH collapsed same way.

Jason Holder being an experienced player should have seen SRH through.

Anyways, so here we are now in the race of playoffs:-

KKR next three matches:-

Punjab
Chennai
Rajasthan

KXIP next three matches:-

Kolkata
Rajasthan
Chennai

KKR vs KXIP on Monday is gonna be a blockbuster and it is in Sharjah.

Jason Holder being an experienced player should have seen SRH through.

Anyways, so here we are now in the race of playoffs:-

KKR next three matches:-

Punjab
Chennai
Rajasthan

KXIP next three matches:-

Kolkata
Rajasthan
Chennai

KKR vs KXIP on Monday is gonna be a blockbuster and it is in Sharjah.

Sharjah is a low scoring venue these days..

ElHevt6U0AAvb0f

SRH lost 10 wickets for 58 runs.

Should calls for a stewards inquiry!

Mad respect for Bishnoi, Ashwin, Jordan and Arshdeep. Great character shown by the bowlers.

Strange game of cricket that.

How on earth did SRH lose.

Back