Indian Premier League (Match 56) - 3rd November, 2020 - SRH defeat MI by 10 wickets

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
When: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Mumbai Indians, Match 56, IPL 2020, 18:00 local time, 19:30 IST

Where: Sharjah Cricket Stadium

What to expect: Batting first definitely doesn't seem to be an option now at Sharjah. The pitches have slowed down a lot and the high scores witnessed at the start of the tournament haven't been replicated.

Squads:

Mumbai Indians Squad: Ishan Kishan, Quinton de Kock(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard(c), Jayant Yadav, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult, Jasprit Bumrah, Rohit Sharma, Dhawal Kulkarni, James Pattinson, Aditya Tare, Mitchell McClenaghan, Chris Lynn, Hardik Pandya, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Mohsin Khan, Sherfane Rutherford, Digvijay Deshmukh, Prince Balwant Rai

Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad: David Warner(c), Wriddhiman Saha(w), Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson, Abhishek Sharma, Jason Holder, Abdul Samad, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan, Jonny Bairstow, Mohammad Nabi, Shreevats Goswami, Siddarth Kaul, Bavanaka Sandeep, Billy Stanlake, Fabian Allen, Virat Singh, Basil Thampi, Khaleel Ahmed, Sanjay Yadav, Priyam Garg, Prithvi Raj Yarra

SRH are the only team that can beat MI in a big match. Hence, MI should not rest Boom-Boom today otherwise they may have to suffer terribly.

Bumrah chilling in dugout whole match. Why spend yourself for nothing?

I don't mind us losing the Aussie test series but I just really want to see them bloodied up again especially Warner and Smith for cheating in the past. It can certainly happen.

Last league match of IPL. Kinda feeling sad as have developed a habbit of catching up a game every afternoon. :(

Good thing is, there is another IPL in 5 months time :srini

:inti

I would prefer for SRH to qualify but I think MI will win as they are a better team and will want to keep the momentum up.

Teams:

Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Saurabh Tiwary, Ishan Kishan, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Rahul Chahar, James Pattinson, Dhawal Kulkarni

Sunrisers Hyderabad (Playing XI): David Warner(c), Wriddhiman Saha(w), Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson, Priyam Garg, Jason Holder, Abdul Samad, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan

Sunrisers Hyderabad have won the toss and have opted to field

So, Rohit Sharma is fit and playing but why is he not selected for Australia tour??

So, Rohit Sharma is fit and playing but why is he not selected for Australia tour??

Daal Mein Kuch kaala Hai!

Either rohit is not fit and is rushing himself or team was selected without proper fitness test and/or expert consultation.

Daal me kuch kaala nahi, lagta hai poori daal kaali hai! :yk

I guess we will get our answers whether he is fit or forcing himself through after today's match.

But the conflict point remains the same that if as per today's date, he is fit enough to play for MI, 3 weeks later he must be fit enough to play for India and in case he will not then he shouldn't be playing the IPL.

Even if not 3 weeks as per Indian cricket team fitness standards, if he is fit after 6 weeks, he should have still be in the squad.

Last edited:
Dhawal Kulkarni is in the MI team today.
DID YOU KNOW: Dhawal Kulkarni played in MI’s first ever IPL match in 2008
- Dhawal Kulkarni is the only pacer to take a wicket in every single IPL edition so far. If he can take one today the record will hold.

Rohit vs Sandeep (IPL):
Seven innings
35 runs
Three dismissals
SR 92.11

Because Kohli has no say in the Mumbai indians team selection

So, if Kohli has set certain fitness standards and Rohit is not qualifying for that, then former has this much say that he will adjuge Rohit as "injured" for a tour which will end 3 months later. I see a conversation gap there.

That's really a big call.

So, if Kohli has set certain fitness standards and Rohit is not qualifying for that, then former has this much say that he will adjuge Rohit as "injured" for a tour which will end 3 months later. I see a conversation gap there.

That's really a big call.

if only politics was that straightforward my friend.

Most wickets in Powerplay in IPL 2020:
12 Trent Boult
10 Jofra Archer
9 Sandeep Sharma
8 Pat Cummins

Most wickets Picked in Powerplay
Sandeep Sharma - 53*
Zaheer Khan - 52
Bhuvneshwar - 48

SKY should play ahead of Iyer in T20s in Indian team.

MI bowling is weak today, this is a great chance for SRH to maximize their chance.

This is the first time this season MI have lost their fifth wicket inside 100 runs

Ishan Kishan is a better batsman than Rishab Pant. Kishan deserves a chance at least in T20's.

SRH are winning this. Will be an easy chase in 2nd inning against a MI attack without Bumrah- Boult.

Sandeep Sharma took the wicket of Rohit, De kock, Ishan - three from top 4 in the virtual quarter final for SRH. One of the consistent ever in IPL history.

Bye bye KKR (And also RCB later against this Red Hot SRH - they may reach finals as well!)

One thing is sure, SRH do not have any choking instinct, they usually lose a match only based on their inabilities... So they will start favorites for this chase and also one of the favorites to win the title...

RCB has 0% chance of winning vs SRH in a big match must-win game.

Saha has improved his batting a lot. He is striking at a solid pace , KKR should have looked to get him.

SRH won by 10 wickets.. chased down 150 in 17.1 overs without any loss.
RCB will play eliminator against SRH..

God bless you @RCBTweets

Well done SRH. In the playoffs for a fifth year in a row.

SRH is vastly underrated by IPL fans. They're miles ahead of the overhyped KKR and KXIP.

El6odbgUYAEyy1U

Excellent win for SRH. They are the underdogs for the play offs but they have momentum and can't be ruled out.

Lol what's funny is sunrisers are missing their best bowler aka Bhuvi Kumar who is world class bowler in tests and T20.

Sunrisers are a very underrated strong side.

Sunrisers went to finals in 2018 season without Warner. Kane Williamson was leading that team, this is a very underrated side. They have a great ability to defend even lower totals and over last 4-5 years has been the best bowling unit in IPL.

They have a great ability to defend even lower totals and over last 4-5 years has been the best bowling unit in IPL.
A lot of that got to do with Rashid Khan. I would never understand why batsmen find him hard to read. He bowls just gun barrel straight most of the times!

Lol what's funny is sunrisers are missing their best bowler aka Bhuvi Kumar who is world class bowler in tests and T20.

Sunrisers are a very underrated strong side.

Bhuvi WAS a great T20 bowler till 2017. Lost it after his injuries. On current form, Sandeep Sharma is better, a very consistent IPL performer. Blessing in disguise for SRH

Back