Indira Gandhi

srh

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Indian PPers or anybody knowledgeable please report if this is true or not (I have read this information on web and not sure if this is true):

Indira Gandhi was daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru. Her birth name was Indira Nehru.

Her husband's name was Feroze Faredoon. Feroze father's name was Jehangir Faredoon. Feroze mother's name was Rattimai Ghandy. She was a Parsi.

Indira Nehru got married to Feroze Faredoon abroad. When they got back Jawaharlal Nehru introduced Feroze Faredoon as Feroze Gandhi. (Nehru used Feroze's mom last name Ghandy as Feroze's last name and then even change that to Gandhi to show a relation to Mahatma Gandhi). And Indira Nehru as Indira Gandhi when it would have been Indira Fareedon.

Indira and Feroze had one son Rajiv Gandhi. Indira's second son Sanjay Gandhi was born out of wedlock.

Last edited:
The Gandhi/Nehru family are very secretive and sensitive about such issues so it's difficult to figure out what the truth is.

One line of thought is that Indira's husband was actually known as Feroze Khan but for political reasons he took on the 'Gandhi' surname.

The other theory is that Feroze's father was actually known as Jehangir Faredoon Gandhi. He was a Parsi and it wasn't unusual for Parsis to adopt different names in order to make life easier for them in business etc.

The same goes for the current Indian 'rajmata' - her name is actually Antonia however 'Sonia' sounds more Indian thus she took on this name.

First, her real name is Antonia not Sonia. The Italian Ambassador in New Delhi revealed this in a letter dated April 27, 1983 to the Union Home Ministry which has not been made public. Antonia is Sonia’s real name in her birth certificate. Sonia is the name given to her subsequently by her father, Stefano Maino [now deceased] following his return from Russia where he had been a prisoner of war. Stefano had joined the Nazi army as a volunteer. Sonia is a Russian not Italian name. While spending two years in a Russian jail, Sonia’s father had become quite pro-Soviet; especially after the liberating US army in Italy had confiscated all fascists’ properties including his.

another interpretation of the sonia name

feroze gandhi was never feroz khan.. another hindutva conspiracy theory :facepalm:

Indira Gandhi family is a hybrid mix of Kashmiri and Parsi people and latest some Italian admixture to it... :p

Do majority of indians know that Nehru tricked them by using Gandhi as family name for Feroze?

Do majority of indians know that Nehru tricked them by using Gandhi as family name for Feroze?

why should we care who indira married and why? and no , feroze gandhi was born feroze gandhi. look it up.

why should we care who indira married and why? and no , feroze gandhi was born feroze gandhi. look it up.
yes. his actual last name is gandhi. not only friends across the boarder, also most of the Indians are not aware of that thing. feroze was nothing to do with Mahatma Gandhi. other than both are form gujarat, they share last name.

ive ven heard news agencies tlking about the nehru gandhi dynasty descending from mahatma gandhi himself

I can be wrong here....
but what i have read and heard is that Mahatma gandhi adopted feroze, that is why his got his last name to be Gandhi and that is why indira got gandhi as her last name

Last edited:
Feroze's full name was Feroze Fareedon or Feroze Khan. It was definitely not Feroze Gandhi. Gandhi (hindu) is nothing to do with Ghandy (parsi). Feroze's mom's last name was Ghandy (parsi). Basically Nehru conned the whole India by showing Feroze as Feroze Gandhi.

Feroze's full name was Feroze Fareedon or Feroze Khan. It was definitely not Feroze Gandhi. Gandhi (hindu) is nothing to do with Ghandy (parsi). Feroze's mom's last name was Ghandy (parsi). Basically Nehru conned the whole India by showing Feroze as Feroze Gandhi.

and where did you get this information from?

Kangana Ranaut's upcoming directorial transforms the actress into Indira Gandhi, the former prime minister of India. The actress took to Instagram on Thursday to share the first teaser of her next directorial in which she looks completely unrecognisable as the PM.

In the short teaser, Kangana dons the look with spectacles and cotton saree which complements her way of speaking as the late PM.

In the promo, Kangana gets a call from the former US secretary of state Henry Kissinger, asking if American President Richard Nixon can address her as 'ma'am' insead of sir. Kangana's Indira agrees but tells her secretary to inform the US President that everyone in her office addresses her as 'Sir.'

"Presenting ‘Her’ who was called ‘Sir.' #Emergency shoot begins," she wrote on Instagram.

The actress also shared the poster of the film and captioned the post, "Presenting #EmergencyFirstLook! Portraying one of the most powerful and controversial women in the history of the world."

As per Indian media reports, Kangana's transformation was done by Oscar-winner David Malinowski who has worked on films like (2017), (2013) and (2022).

Ranaut's previous offerings as historical figures include the brave freedom fighter and queen, Manikarnika and the woman who changed the face of Tamil Nadu politics, J Jayalalitha. The actress has been celebrated for her ability to breathe life into her characters and her eye for detail. This time around, Ranaut is donning multiple hats. She is not only playing the lead role but she is also producing and directing the film. will be her second directorial venture after the box office money-spinner,

While Ranaut is helming the project, Ritesh Shah - who has written films like and has penned . Talking about her film, Ranaut shares, “Emergency’ reflects one of the most important periods in Indian political history which changed the way we view power and that’s why I decided to tell this story. Moreover, playing a public figure on screen is always a challenge because one has to get the look, the characteristics and the persona right. I spent a significant amount of time researching the subject and once I felt I had enough ammunition, I commenced on the film’s shoot."

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/othe...sedgntp&cvid=c7b5398dfd974b33bc6eedaac37258b0

She can play Jayalalitha, Indira Gandhi or even Kali. It won't matter, because her career as an actress in terms of pure box office numbers is done. Best join the BJP officially soon and hope they give her a ticket in the next elections.

She can play Jayalalitha, Indira Gandhi or even Kali. It won't matter, because her career as an actress in terms of pure box office numbers is done. Best join the BJP officially soon and hope they give her a ticket in the next elections.

You forgot to add...that its a pep dream of Liberals

:kp

Nice character teaser. Kangana is a wonderful actress. Her real life antics makes her unlikeable.
I hope movie remains neutral and doesn't turn out exaggerated propaganda.

What's a pep dream :warner

Meanwhile, Kangana's career....

View attachment 116494

:rahat

Most bollywood movies are flop show...even likes of Yash Raj and Karan Johar movies not getting any attraction. You cant single out Kangana. She is a wonderful actress..watch movies like Tannu weds Mannu, Gangster etc. Your political bias is clouting your judgement.

Most bollywood movies are flop show...even likes of Yash Raj and Karan Johar movies not getting any attraction. You cant single out Kangana. She is a wonderful actress..watch movies like Tannu weds Mannu, Gangster etc. Your political bias is clouting your judgement.

What is clouting your judgement? :warner

Oh, so now Bollywood itself is a flop as a whole. You claimed that your heroine was not a flop rani. The numbers prove otherwise. 7 years of flop rani-ness :bumrah

And yeah, I've seen her movies. She's not even the good actress she's touted to be. In a film industry that celebrates mediocrity (or in Gujarat), she could at best be considered decent. That too, not in the movies you mentioned, but in Fashion and Woh Lamhe :)

Nice character teaser. Kangana is a wonderful actress. Her real life antics makes her unlikeable.
I hope movie remains neutral and doesn't turn out exaggerated propaganda.

I believe this will be a Pro-Sikh movie.

Her last good film was Queen, which was at least 7-8 years ago.

Back