Intikhab Alam focuses on grassroots improvements

shahzadddd

Local Club Star
Runs
Post of the Week
http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/454949.html

Intikhab Alam, the new head of the National Cricket Academy in Pakistan, has announced a programme to bring about improvements at the grassroots level, and club cricket. The initiative will go beyond just cricketing skills and prepare players for all aspects of a modern cricketer's life.

"The NCA is introducing an eight-week programme to coach the players at the club level first and then pick the best ones for the second phase to hone their skill," Alam said during a press conference at the NCA.

"At the NCA they will learn English, how to use the computer, how to deal with the media, how to eat and even how to use the bathroom facilities. I don't know, but as coach of the national team I feel that the boys don't even know the basic things such as these," Alam said.

How to use the bathroom? Is this what our cricket coaching is coming to?

Improving grass and its roots?

Is he a maali now? :14:

How to eat...How to use bathroom facilities? :)))

shahzadddd said:
How to use the bathroom? Is this what our cricket coaching is coming to?
And even if it has....why the heck does he have to announce it, and embarrass all the players?!

Things like this are done quietly, as part of a general education programme for the kids.

Not announced to the world!

Well, after eating all those Parathas, both Inzi and Inti probably needed some bathroom facility training themselves

I also think he will make a better gardner.

Good for you old chap. :inti

ShehryarK said:
Improving grass and its roots?

Is he a maali now? :14:

In real world, he wont even get a job as a maali. It is only in Pakistan, he was a cricket coach.

:))) :))) :))) :))) Oh Inti you legend !
How to eat ?
No doubt Inti will be cooking a fresh batch of biriyani and teaching the youngsters on the proper techniques and how to assault the plate with utmost vigour and then of course the aftershocks in the toilet.

you people are not giving him the respect he deserves

Attachments

• 1270568027679_75c65.jpg
    1270568027679_75c65.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 207
@FreeHit....:)))

Seriously,give this Inti guy the Hilal-E-Imtiaz,more deserving than Babar Awan must say and way more interesting than Zaid Hamid :))

He couldn't keep up with the slow pokes in the senior side, hows he going to work with the youth? I guess it'll be another case of 5 practice catches and an hour of panting for Inti.

Sledger said:
He couldn't keep up with the slow pokes in the senior side, hows he going to work with the youth? I guess it'll be another case of 5 practice catches and an hour of panting for Inti.

Sledger, that won't be an issue anymore since the focus isn't on cricket or practice drills, thats why the focus has been changed to learning how to eat and how to use the bathroom.

Afridi_Fan said:
I also think he will make a better gardner.

Good for you old chap. :inti

Probably wants to grow his veg to maintain his outstanding diet

You guys need to give him a break. What he's sayin' is, if you don't even know how to cook biryani and parathas, eat double your meal, and then digest it to extinction such that you can repeat the process 2 hours later, how can you ever aspire to become the coach of our international team?

taaveez said:
You guys need to give him a break. What he's sayin' is, if you don't even know how to cook biryani and parathas, eat double your meal, and then digest it to extinction such that you can repeat the process 2 hours later, how can you ever aspire to become the coach of our international team?
:))) :))) :)))

Atif said:
lol surely everyone knows how to use a bathroom ? This kind of coaching sounds abit extreme

Well, I've met several freshies off the boat from either India or Pakistan here in the Uk, Most Don't even care about body Odour smell, Yeah Ofcourse I might have hit the nerves here but no one can't disgree.

I think you guys being harsh to Mr Alam's views, And I'd regard his views more than any Coach since under his coaching and management Two captains also won big Titles.

2ndly: His views are correct of basics needed, since Bob Woolmer also eco'd the same views in the past.

3rdly: You people should learn from what he has to say "NOW more than before". Knowledgeable people wouldn't ask me why the Word "NOW" is pressed so loud.

This is certainly not something you should be sharing with the media. It is just inviting more mockery of our cricket and the fact that our players "don't know how to eat or use the washroom".

Intikhab Alam is obviously just trying to show that he is indeed working and not fooling around in his new position. However, by making this statement he really has gone down the idiocy route. I mean surely one can realize that such things can't be said so openly.

kingusama92 said:
This is certainly not something you should be sharing with the media. It is just inviting more mockery of our cricket and the fact that our players "don't know how to eat or use the washroom".

Intikhab Alam is obviously just trying to show that he is indeed working and not fooling around in his new position. However, by making this statement he really has gone down the idiocy route. I mean surely one can realize that such things can't be said so openly.

this was done to give an example of how not to deal with the media. its part of the training program.

Hes ruined our national team now hes gonna ruin our young talent

Kamranz said:
I think you guys being harsh to Mr Alam's views, And I'd regard his views more than any Coach since under his coaching and management Two captains also won big Titles.

2ndly: His views are correct of basics needed, since Bob Woolmer also eco'd the same views in the past.

3rdly: You people should learn from what he has to say "NOW more than before". Knowledgeable people wouldn't ask me why the Word "NOW" is pressed so loud.

im sorry but intikhab alam is an idiot and he has proved this several times in the past. he comes out as an uneducated, jungle-mentality jahil person and most of the things he does or says reflect that.

i dont buy the 'you guys being harsh' thing. and as for any matches that were won under his reign - he had nothing to do with it. individual brilliances cover up team flaws for pakistan.

alam has and always will be one of the dumbest people on the cricket ground.

he will be teaching the boys how to use the bathroom after eating four plates of garma garam naan dipped in nihari paai :D

Its a good initiative (other than the toilet training) but did it really need to be portrayed in such detail to the media.

Oh no he is still here?

What the hell!!! He is surely getting ready for another stint. Waqar will not last beyond the England tour and Biryani King will be back for WC :inti

gollumbird said:
Oh no he is still here?

What the hell!!! He is surely getting ready for another stint. Waqar will not last beyond the England tour and Biryani King will be back for WC :inti
Didnt know Burger King were that powerful to open up new branches !

so that guy just part of the worst disaster ever, could not control players for backbiting, in fighting, silly statements is incharge of our youngsters!

wow

Why is it in Pakistan, the worse you do the more resonsibility you get

Kamal ka coach hai, cricket pay nai, bathroom aur english main interest hai!

Does anyone know if the PCB ever followed through on Intikhab's suggestions?

These leech milked it to the max, was forced to retire from the PCB after the age of 80.

Back