Inzamam-ul-Haq "Babar Azam is the world's best batter right now"

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking to the media

"Babar is best batter in the world right now. He is getting better day by day. I am confident that he will fulfill his role as a captain of Peshawar Zalmi"

"No one is complete, learning process never ends. Babar is a very good player and he will keep on learning"

"I always enjoy working with youngsters. We have a lot of talent and they have potential to represent Pakistan at international level. I will try my best to share my experience with them"

"Cricket has changed a lot. In our time, cricket was slow, gradually, the game has been modernized," he said.

"I wish there was league cricket in our time too"

"I don't know for now, but if any post is offered to me, I will decide then," he said.

Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking to the media

"Babar is best batter in the world right now. He is getting better day by day. I am confident that he will fulfill his role as a captain of Peshawar Zalmi"

"No one is complete, learning process never ends. Babar is a very good player and he will keep on learning"

"I always enjoy working with youngsters. We have a lot of talent and they have potential to represent Pakistan at international level. I will try my best to share my experience with them"

"Cricket has changed a lot. In our time, cricket was slow, gradually, the game has been modernized," he said.

"I wish there was league cricket in our time too"

"I don't know for now, but if any post is offered to me, I will decide then," he said.

The statement about Babar is not true

The rest is all fine

Babar is the best all format batter in the world whether you believe it or not. He may not play a flashy innings to win under extraordinarily tough situations but his consistency is unparalleled currently in all 3 formats. Reminds me of Sachin back in the 90's when he carried a dead weight indian team on his shoulders. Only difference is Babar definitely has a better set of bowlers to work with.

His current ICC rankings across the 3 formats suggest that he is.

But are the ICC rankings the right way to measure how good a player is and who is the best?

Babar is the best all format batter in the world whether you believe it or not. He may not play a flashy innings to win under extraordinarily tough situations but his consistency is unparalleled currently in all 3 formats. Reminds me of Sachin back in the 90's when he carried a dead weight indian team on his shoulders. Only difference is Babar definitely has a better set of bowlers to work with.

I have watched him bat and in tests , he is probably top 5 .
In odi and t20 , he won’t get into indian and English teams . That’s not a marker of top batter .

Sachin was a genuine match winner against world class bowling . Show me a single innings like desert storm of Babar . He is the best batsman of pak across all formats , but to label him as best all format batter is stupidity and absurd . It’s delusional actually .

The closest all format batsman u have is Rohit sharma though he is on last legs of his t20 carreer . Gill might be laying stake to that claim shortly .

But are the ICC rankings the right way to measure how good a player is and who is the best?
Come on Saj. What is the right way then. Inferiority complex all around. The same rankings have rated greats too and Bobby is on the way too. No one tops the charts if he's mediocre.

Clearly in the case of Rizwan it isn’t

The T20i rankings are flawed

In odi and t20 , he won’t get into indian and English teams . That’s not a marker of top batter .

Sachin was a genuine match winner against world class bowling . Show me a single innings like desert storm of Babar . He is the best batsman of pak across all formats , but to label him as best all format batter is stupidity and absurd . It’s delusional actually .

The closest all format batsman u have is Rohit sharma though he is on last legs of his t20 carreer . Gill might be laying stake to that claim shortly .

Hes in the top 5 of all formats rankings That for me means way more than someones opinion on a forum who claims gill is on his way to being the best all format batter when gill cant even get into indias team in all formats

Hes in the top 5 of all formats rankings That for me means way more than someones opinion on a forum who claims gill is on his way to being the best all format batter when gill cant even get into indias team in all formats

Why would you say he’s top 5 in T20s last year he had some of the worst strike rates for any opening batsmen in different tournaments how would that equate to being a top 5 batsman in T20s?

I am only talking about T20 here before anyone says anything about other formats.

You either get out trying to win the game for your team or stats pad long enough to be the best all format bat statistically.

Babur so far has done incredibly well for himself. Just keep feeding him the right pitches at home and keep shielding him from the harsher ones in foreign conditions, conditions where men like to play and thrive, and he shall remain the best all format bat for a long long time.

Inzi is right. No doubt babar is the best bat in the world right now :inti

He won't make into 4th world XI in T20. He simply does not have the game for this format.
In test format, he has hardly done much so far, but potential is there to get rated among the best.

I rate him high in the ODI format. He can play within himself with limitations and still do well for his team. A top class ODI batter.

Clearly in the case of Rizwan it isn’t

The T20i rankings are flawed

Even ODI rankings have to be revised. High scoring has become a common thing. There are two ways teams achieve their high score. One team achieves by 4 or 5 batsmen contributing with very high strike rate with less average . Old concept of batting for 50 overs with strike rate of 100 is not effective anymore. It might help personal record. But overall less useful. Because now between over no.10 and no.40 you only have 4 fielder. Tuktuking during that period in the name of anchoring is not ideal

Babar is very good ODIs bat.

A decent test bat. He hardly has scores outside asia. He amassed a large number of runs playing on roads in last 12-18 months. Ofcourse rankings don't take into account the conditions.

Avg t20 batter

Babar is a better batter than Malan so he would get into England odi team and India odi team.

Babar is a better batter than Malan so he would get into England odi team and India odi team.

He isn’t better than Malan at number 3 or 4. Maybe even as an opener

Malan is a class hitter of pace. He is a proven six hitter against 145kmh+

Babar’s stubbornness / selfishness in not being flexible on his own batting position is eating up his legacy.

He isn’t better than Malan at number 3 or 4. Maybe even as an opener

Malan is a class hitter of pace. He is a proven six hitter against 145kmh+

He's way better than malan who hasn't been tested in Asia

Both him and Conway are consistent performers across all formats.

Ab de Villiers about his meeting with Babar Azam:

“It’s very special. We had this interaction; I think it was in Dubai when he met me for the first time in the PSL. It was very special to see because at that time I knew he was going to be a great. He stood in front of me as a fan and I was like, ‘Hey, relax. I am also just human. You’re going to be a great one-day. I’ve watched you play and you’re incredible"

“We shared some nice thoughts about the game, said some nice stuff to him, which I feel or believe he appreciated. I have a lot of respect for him. I love the way he plays the game. The calm manner in which he plays the game, it’s very similar to Hashim Amla. He loves the big moments and the pressure"

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistani fans talk a lot about Sachin but they cannot let Babar Azam go through two world cups in his peak without being the dominant batter in either of them.

In 2019, he let Warner, Shakib, Rohit beat him to the top spot

If the same happens in 2023, he will lag behind in the legacy race.

Remember Tendulkar has dominated 3 world cups and was above average in the other 3 like Babar in 2019

Pakistani fans talk a lot about Sachin but they cannot let Babar Azam go through two world cups in his peak without being the dominant batter in either of them.

Remember Tendulkar has dominated 3 world cups and was above average in the other 3 like Babar in 2019
Sachin was the best batsman in 2 different world cups, no comparison to babar

He surely has a long way to go to be able to get near the legacy of Sachin. It hasn't been a great start of the World Cup for him as he has scored 5 and 10 in his two innings so far but he certainly has the class to turn things around and score some big runs in the upcoming matches.

He surely has a long way to go to be able to get near the legacy of Sachin. It hasn't been a great start of the World Cup for him as he has scored 5 and 10 in his two innings so far but he certainly has the class to turn things around and score some big runs in the upcoming matches.
We believe in Big Bobby B.

He can still smash 500-600 runs in the World Cup.

Yes babar is clearly in the race with a total of 15 runs in 2 games, I'm sure he'll catch up.

Back