Inzamam-ul-Haq critical of senior batsmen, batting strategy, strike rates, failure to convert starts

Savak

Test Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
This is the guy who should be the batting coach of the national team. The one player in our history who could adapt his game to all formats. His criticism of the team's batting strategy is absolutely spot on and is completely contrary to everything Misbah ul Haq has represented in his entire career.

I love his emphasis on strike rates and his blunt opinion that scoring a 50 of 200 deliveries puts no pressure on the opposition bowlers, his assessment that if you are a senior batsman with 60-70 games under your belt, you have to lead by example and score big daddy hundreds, scoring career saving 50's and 60's is not acceptable anymore.

============

Quotes from Inzamam

"Everyone is saddened by this defeat and as I am a fan of the Pakistan team, I am saddened too"

"There is a lot of criticism being aimed at the Pakistan team, some are saying remove Misbah, some are saying change Waqar , others saying change players"

"I am not saying that such criticism is wrong as when you have performances like these you will hear such criticism"

"The first issue is that for a tough series like the one in Australia, which has always been so in the past as well, the team selection was not right"

"Selection of the pace battery was not right at all"

"To take an inexperienced bowling attack to Australia where even the great Pakistani bowlers had struggled in the past and expect that we will win was impossible"

"My cricketing sense told me that the result would be similar to what has happened"

"We always assume that a batsman who has scored 20 or been at the crease for half a hour, is a set batsman and he should not get out"

"The demand for today's cricket is a good strike rate; you need put pressure on the bowler so if you score 50 in 150 balls, remember the bowler will not come under pressure by those 50 runs"

"Let me give an example of Shaan Masood; He looked confident and good and he needed to score more as he had an opportunity but in the 1st Test (1st inns) he scored 27 in 97 balls with an SR of close to 27; To be set at the crease and to score at SR of 27, you can never bring a bowler under pressure"

"Compare that with Warner, when he got the opportunity, he scored 154 and then in 2nd Test scored 335*"

"When Yasir and Babar were playing, in one 2 hour session, Australia could not get a wicket, and their bowling was looking ordinary; We were scoring at a good rate and also no wickets were falling so pressure was on bowlers"

The same bowling that destroyed Pakistan batting lineup was looking ordinary"

"Asad Shafiq is a senior and mature player and has been with Pakistan side for a while, he scored 76 in 1st Test but could not score 100; Such individual performances can save you but can never save the team"

"Remember this, a good score from a batsman is one that helps the team win; I could hit 500 and take 10 wickets and if the team still loses, whats the use"

"Babar Azam after Mohamamd Yousuf is one player who has the ability to become a world-class player"

"Even our bowlers strike rate was bad, they couldnt bowl in partnerships, they couldnt contain not attack the batsmen"

"If we weren't taking wickets than we weren't also containing the runs either"

Last edited by a moderator:
Asad Shafiq is the biggest culprit. Kick him the backside, he needs to go

Good point on strike rate but it is very hard to hear Inzi for more than 2 minutes I tell you.

Yes, he is the same Asad Shafiq and other players who played under your management Mr Inzi. You cannot point fingers at others as you did the samething.

I bet if you are in charge now and team performs the same, you will be the first one to cover their incompetence. Inzi is speaking as if he fixed all those issues by introducing gem of batsmen or bowlers in his time of being the Chief Selector. How many domestic games you went to Mr Inzi? All you did was asking people to be patient same which is Mr Wasim khan doing these days.... This is a circus which PCB is running I am watching this circus for the last 30+ years nothing is changed and nothing will change.

We will win few games here in there nothing more. Pakistan cricket has survived by natural talent so far, we don't know the art of making players. Now wait for another thrashing by SL after that PSL and we all will join the PSL circus

This is the same Inzi who picked Malik for the world cup.

Made Sarfraz our captain. Even captain for the World Cup despite his continuous failures for 2 years.

This guy loves his Maliks, Sarfrazs etc. His selections made us lose Test matches at our freaking home. Shafiq was a failure back then as well, he didn't drop him.

Inexcusable. Forget Aus. First give accountability for our home Test losses, you and Mickey Arthur.

Lets play PP's favorite game...shoot the messenger.

Inzi how about you get off your youtube channel and teach your nephew and Azhar Ali how to hold a damn bat

Yes, he is the same Asad Shafiq and other players who played under your management Mr Inzi. You cannot point fingers at others as you did the samething.

I bet if you are in charge now and team performs the same, you will be the first one to cover their incompetence. Inzi is speaking as if he fixed all those issues by introducing gem of batsmen or bowlers in his time of being the Chief Selector. How many domestic games you went to Mr Inzi? All you did was asking people to be patient same which is Mr Wasim khan doing these days.... This is a circus which PCB is running I am watching this circus for the last 30+ years nothing is changed and nothing will change.

We will win few games here in there nothing more. Pakistan cricket has survived by natural talent so far, we don't know the art of making players. Now wait for another thrashing by SL after that PSL and we all will join the PSL circus

He was a Chief Selector not a couch. Why is he being blamed for not making the players play better? And what does this have anything to do with what he said about this team?

He was a Chief Selector not a couch. Why is he being blamed for not making the players play better? And what does this have anything to do with what he said about this team?

Why did he selected him as a player if he knew that he plays for himself and not for the team.... NewsFlash Shafiq been playing selfish innings for a very long time now. Nothing new
They all do the talk when they are no incharge. Inzi/Waqar are same they ll become experts when on tv but wen team is given they will ask you to be patient and wait for team to be built.

This is the same Inzi who picked Malik for the world cup.

Made Sarfraz our captain. Even captain for the World Cup despite his continuous failures for 2 years.

This guy loves his Maliks, Sarfrazs etc. His selections made us lose Test matches at our freaking home. Shafiq was a failure back then as well, he didn't drop him.

Inexcusable. Forget Aus. First give accountability for our home Test losses, you and Mickey Arthur.

Lol I've answered this a few times. We were better than NZ in 12 out of 15 days of test cricket in that series.
Even SL we murdered them in the 1st test and couldn't chase 135 . Not much to do with selections, just Asad Azhar and sarfaraz not seeing it home when it was their responsibility. It's not like we couldn't select them after misyou retirements. They just didn't fire Like they should have.

Last edited:
Still can't believe how the PCB wasted resources by making him the CS instead of making him the batting coach. Total mismanagement.

Back