IPL | Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders| Delhi | 1/5/08

Gunner786

First Class Captain
Runs
Toss: Shane Warne has won the toss and Rajasthan Royals will bat first. Not surprising. The batsmen should enjoy this surface, though Sourav Ganguly felt his seamers should have some assistance early on. There could be bounce, but little seam movement.

Teams: No Dimitri Mascarenhas for the Royals, after his hyped arrival. Salman Butt, Brad Hodge and Umar Gul are the notable inclusions for Kolkata.

: 1 Sourav Ganguly (capt), 2 Salman Butt, 3 Brad Hodge, 4 David Hussey, 5 Debabrata Das, 6 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 7 Laxmi Ratan Shukla, 8 Ajit Agarkar, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Ashok Dinda.

Rajasthan 1 Swapnil Asnodkar, 2 Graeme Smith, 3 Yusuf Pathan, 4 Shane Watson, 5 Mohammad Kaif, 6 Ravindra Jadeja, 7 Mahesh Rawat (wk), 8 Shane Warne (capt), 9 Sohail Tanvir, 10 Siddharth Trivedi, 11 Munaf Patel.

Kolkatta to deal with Rajasthan today!!

Tanvir v's Butt
Warne v's Hodge/Hussey
Sharma/Gul v's Smith/Watson

On a tangent after seeing Kaifs name i rememberd this scene.. in Bolly movie.

Taxi no9211 (quality movie) a dad says to his son, who is fielding in a galli cricket...
why are u fielding son? son says, just because i am..
Dad says.. its YOUR bat, which i bought brand new for YOU.. and you are FIELDING? Take the bat off him and do some batting!

I want you to become Sachin...not Kaif !! (Sachin banna hai Sachin.. Kaif to nahi!)

Nice to see Butt and Gul being given an opportunity.

6 for 0 Rajasthan so far

Ishant shrma bowls Smith with 142.5ks delivery..his speed has been steadily increasing...looking forward to seeing both gul and him working together.

Ajit Agarkar on.

Knight riders have packed their team with pacers.

Six! Asnodkar packs a punch!

ishant's second over 2dy...

147.5 ks
138.6 ks
not displayed
145.4 ks
144.4 ks
139.6 ks

Gul touches 147.3!

KKR should now be having the quickest bowling attack...

Good yorkers from Gul.

Good over from Gul spoilt by one down the legside that was flicked for 4. that ball touched 148.8 btw.

Ishant - 147.5kph
Gul - 148.8kph

Gul bowling quicker than Ishant?

ok this is Gul's first over:

141.9 ks
143.2 ks
147.3 ks
144.2 ks
146.6 ks
148.8 ks

Sounds like Gul is kranking it.

But the speed gun may have been recalibrated as Instant Karma is bowling, to boost the Indian ego.

Gul bowling with some pace and Sharma too. good 2 see both of them bowling quick.
lets see if they can touch 150 !

btw, cranking up high 140s in 40+ degrees heat is quite an effort. Kudos to all bowlers. I am told it is around 44 degrees there.

Soft dismissal for Kaif, c&b Agarkar.

Ghoshtbuster said:
Sounds like Gul is kranking it.

But the speed gun may have been recalibrated as Instant Karma is bowling, to boost the Indian ego.

yeah rite!!!i'll take your word on it...as fas as i'm concerned Sharma is baaaaaack!!! :19:

XFactor said:
btw, cranking up high 140s in 40+ degrees heat is quite an effort. Kudos to all bowlers. I am told it is around 44 degrees there.

Soft dismissal for Kaif, c&b Agarkar.
Thats true. Lee played a match during the day for soem red team, and only just got it over 140ks. Still bowled well though.

Its interesting to note that dinda and agrkar bowling at their usual speeds...so that rules out any speed-gun caliberation theories..

Swapnil Asnodkar - a name that you wont forget in a hurry!

Asnodkar touches 50.

Good job, considering the quality of the attack.

I dont support any team, but I know I dont like Team Nokia. Are they any good?

OK I got it wrong. Here is Gul back in action.

Starts with a wide.

Gul finally gets the breakthrough - beat Asnodkar for pace and had him top-edging.

Knight riders will be relieved.

Good innings by Asnodkar.

Shane Watson goes! Gul gets his second wicket.

Good over from Gul.

XFactor said:
Shane Watson goes! Gul gets his second wicket.

Good over from Gul.
i think it was an excellent over.......but u r content with good......amazing

different timing to day for some reason.. usually the match dont start for another 3 hours! but today its been on early?! wots changed?

replays showed a thick edge .. poor watson lolllllll cmon Kolkatta kuttteh WINNNNN

Ishant and Gul - both cranking it up soldier boy stylee :3dblackey

so Rudi is leading scorer of wrong decisions!!! he should be given orange cap!

SameerM said:
different timing to day for some reason.. usually the match dont start for another 3 hours! but today its been on early?! wots changed?
2 matches today,
dunno why cos they usually do 2 matches on weekends only

buntylover_2000 said:
i think it was an excellent over.......but u r content with good......amazing

Good is not good enough? :))

OK, Excellent over!

in terms of t20 - excellent.. comparing it to a test over.. quite good ;-)

Gunner786 said:
2 matches today,
dunno why cos they usually do 2 matches on weekends only

someone said it is 'labour day' i assume its like a bank holiday/day off :6:

buntylover_2000 said:
thanks for cooperation....

You are actually right. Gul is showing how good fast bowling can be effective in T20s.

Doing well in this over too. Firing yorkers in. Way to go!

XFactor said:
You are actually right. Gul is showing how good fast bowling can be effective in T20s.

Doing well in this over too. Firing yorkers in. Way to go!
T20 is a complete batsman paradise ......... doesn't matter how tough u try even then u will go for runs

never the less a very good effort by rajhestan to put up a good score considering the attack of ganguly team.....

i think sharma and gul are becoming predictable by bowling yorkers and not mixing them up with short pitch one's

moumotta said:
I am disappointed. You forgot my 9Km short cut.
No I didn't, but if Blitzkrieg had read it he would have done a research on google and come up with a 10 km shorter road to Mohali. :D

Dhonifan said:
No I didn't, but if Blitzkrieg had read it he would have done a research on google and come up with a 10 km shorter road to Mohali. :D

But he didn't. You are giving him more credit than he deserves.

tanvir will have to bowl like the wind to compare with gul and sharma! Warney saving Sohails energy maybe?

moumotta said:
But he didn't. You are giving him more credit than he deserves.
Once bitten twice shy...

He will prove us wrong so lets concede defeat. :))

ps. are your from Jaipur?

Dhonifan said:
Once bitten twice shy...

He will prove us wrong so lets concede defeat. :))

ps. are your from Jaipur?

I am in Australia but have heaps of relatives in Jaipur.

umar gul showed that if you are a good bowler then you can survive in 20/20 cricket. he did it again !

3 for 31 from 4 overs is great !

Any working links for this match.

Unfortunately, the links I knew are not working? :(

Back