IPL | Rajasthan v Chennai | Rajasthan | 4/5/08

Mohsin

Senior T20I Player
Runs
About to start in 5 mins, good looking pitch will have Smith licking his lips. Chennai won the toss and will be batting first.

Teams:

Rajasthan Royals:
M Rawat, SA Asnodkar, GC Smith, YK Pathan, SR Watson, M Kaif, RA Jadeja, SK Warne, Sohail Tanvir, SK Trivedi, MM Patel

Chennai Super Kings team
PA Patel, S Vidyut, SP Fleming, SK Raina, MS Dhoni, S Badrinath, JA Morkel, Joginder Sharma, M Ntini, M Gony, M Muralitharan

Chennai have struggled with the losses of their big players (Hayden and Hussey) so they'll be looking to Fleming to make up for the loss.
Rajasthan looking for their 5th win on the trot!

WHAT A START FROM TANVIR!!!!

0.1 Sohail Tanvir to Patel, OUT, and he strike first ball! With some swing! Tanvir pitches just outside off stump and brings the ball in exaggeratedly to Patel, who sticks his front foot forward and plays across the line, missing the line, and the umpire raises the finger of fate
PA Patel lbw b Sohail Tanvir 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Kamran Akmal is not playing.

^^ Dont suppose they see the need for him, especially after the streak they're having!

ANOTHER WICKET FOR TANVIR!!! HUGE WICKET!!
Fleming gone LBW!! Chennia 1/2

fleming lbw Tanvir!

hawkeye shows ball just missing top of stump

Tanvirs comfortably bowling faster then Watson. Thats a good sign.

Skipper Dhoni out in the middle, Chennai in deeeeeeeeep trouble at 38/4. Watto just took his forst wicket getting rid of Badrinath

is Tanvir really going over 140 and is he bowling the inswingers to the right handers?

pakistanbest said:
is Tanvir really going over 140 and is he bowling the inswingers to the right handers?

He is swinging it both ways.

I'm surprised to see how much this guy has improved.

Muddaser said:

So seems IPL is a benefit for pak players also (for improving their skill not just money) . ;)

Dhoni was clueless against Warne. First ball beaten, second ball mistimed, third ball edged to slips.

7.5 Warne to Dhoni, OUT, and its no contest at all! Well bowled, Warne, flummoxing Dhoni with lovely flight and dip, turning it away from middle and leg to suck him forward into a faulty drive, the outside edge flies to Smith's right at slip but he chases it and snaps it up with those massive buckets
MS Dhoni c Smith b Warne 1 (7b 0x4 0x6) SR: 14.28

TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Garuda said:
So seems IPL is a benefit for pak players also (for improving their skill not just money) . ;)

I was thinking today that Asif might improve his death bowling through IPL.. and then Pollock hit him for 3 sixes. Some things aren't meant to be.

Sparhawk said:
I was thinking today that Asif might improve his death bowling through IPL.. and then Pollock hit him for 3 sixes. Some things aren't meant to be.
ahhhh. that was a bad over. But can't jugde a lot when he is bowling the 19th over in 20-20.

amazing stuff from RRoyals
Don't know who to credit - Warney or the whole team

Asif is lucky to be making that much money....in t20 he is not better than Tanvir or Gullay...

Muddaser said:

Tanvir is trying a lot to improve and mashallah it is showing. that is great news that he is swinging it both ways, he needs to improve on his batting and well inshallah then he can be our fast bowling all rounder.

well done tanvir :14:

asif has got to improve hsi death bowling, what is lawson teaching him, we need waqar

What an over! Warne comes in to bowl the 12th over, very first ball goes up in the air nice easy catch for Yusuf Pathan (who just bowled an excellent opening over, giving away just 1 run), he didnt have to move but the ball popped out. After that Morkel smashed 16 runs.

Good partnership developing for Chennai

inzibhai said:
Asif is lucky to be making that much money....in t20 he is not better than Tanvir or Gullay...

He's better with the new ball, i'm not sure if his stats reflect that so far. But overall i agree he isn't better than Gullie in 20-20. Is he making a lot more money?

i hope Chennai win this one....tired of hearing how great cappo Shane W is ...anyone know what his record was like as cappo for New Hampshire?

pakistanbest said:
Tanvir is trying a lot to improve and mashallah it is showing. that is great news that he is swinging it both ways, he needs to improve on his batting and well inshallah then he can be our fast bowling all rounder.

well done tanvir :14:

I think it boils down to the confidence that Warne has exuded into his team and Tanvir has that has proverbial defined role in the team. Tanvir without question is an asset to the Pakistan test and ODI team and I believe it requires the best man-management skills to get the best out of players.

However, this is an area where Shoaib Malik and to a certain extent Geoff Lawson have faltered and that is why we see Pakistan bowling undefined and unintentional in their actions..

He's better with the new ball, i'm not sure if his stats reflect that so far. But overall i agree he isn't better than Gullie in 20-20. Is he making a lot more money?

i dont think so bro...i think Gullay and Tavir are better t20 bowlers when comp to Asif...

yes Asif is making like 450k while Gullay is 150k and if i m not wrong Tanvir is 130k.

Was that the best opening spell of the tournament by Tanvir?

i thinkt hat would be by anyone not just Tanvir...

dblock said:
Was that the best opening spell of the tournament by Tanvir?

Definately the best opening spell in the IPL so far. The best figures overall in the IPL are McGraths 4 wickets for.........................20 odd runs?

Tanvit back in the game, Patel breaks the partnership

14.2 Patel to Raina, OUT, Raina goes slogging Munaf up into the air, the ball stays up in the air for a week but settles down into Tanvir's hands at long-off
SK Raina c Sohail Tanvir b Patel 27 (27b 2x4 0x6) SR: 100.00

Tanvir defo deserves a place in our odi team but i personally believe in the test team arafat is ahead of him

Player of the week Tanno takes another catch. Yellow team will not learn

Man of the match!!!! Well done Tanno!!!
Beats McGrath for the BB in IPL so far

Tanvir is making it look really easy out there. I'm keeping an eye on his speeds.

Sharp yorker to murali first ball.. they didn't show the speed.

and all those who said T20 is batsman game, watch out this spell from Tanvir...

tanvir is awesome - he has so much confidence now...I think he has more potential to be a wasim akram type bowler than asif or any one else in pakistan - it is evident now that tanvir can swing it both ways - can generate awkward bounce from a length - bowls a fantastic yorker - and an extremely well disguised slower bowl, off cutter and leg cutter - and of course a good bouncer. In the short time he has been around he has displayed a good attitude and constantly shows improvement in bowling and his strategy towards bowling at batsmen. He has all the attributes that made wasim akram an all time great. For Tanvir the question remains - can he go the distance like akram did? that we will know with time.

spuer stuff from Tanvir...well done boy....this should get him increase on his pay..:):):):)

66666666666666666666666666666666666 for Tanno!!!

KIA BAAT HAI!!!!!!!!1

chennai has been hit HARD, by players leaeving. Two of their best 2020 batsman Haydenand Husseya er gone. As well as their useful allrounder Jacob Oram.

I don't think they'll be able to hold on to their No.1 pos. I think either Rajasthan or Punjab will take over.

Whoknows withShoaib, maybe Kolkatawill make another run

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
Ntini starts off with a maiden to Smith

i think rajasthan still has it. Need a tanvir like spell to win. Who can deliver it? I'm going to say not Ntini since he hasn't picked a wicket in thatover.

baring some outstanding performance by the opposition bowling attack, Tanvir should bag the first MOM for a Pakistani player.

ooooooooooo lucky

2.5 Ntini to Smith, 1 run, oh thats another dolly gone missing, this time from Chennai! Smith gets back and makes a meal of pull, the ball again coming onto him too fast, the ball just gently lobs up into the air but its Joginder Sharma who lets Smith off, letting the ball in and out of his palms ... really easy catch, Smith was walking back to the pavilion

dblock said:
baring some outstanding performance by the opposition bowling attack, Tanvir should bag the first MOM for a Pakistani player.

Do you think that will make headlines in local newspaper tomorrow? How big is IPL in Pakistan?

One thing I observed is that there are no Pakistani Cricketers in Yuvraj or Dhoni's team. Is it because they feel it's easy for them to play Pakistani bowlers.

purplehaze said:
Do you think that will make headlines in local newspaper tomorrow? How big is IPL in Pakistan?

No idea mate, haven't been to the country for many moons. I'm sure it'll top the sports bulletin, probably not much more.

My post was in the contest that Pakistan being 20/20 finalists should have had many match winners amongst their ranks, so far it's been the Aussies stealing the show.

Back