Is the Bangladesh cricket team the most unpopular cricket team right now?

Asad T

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Many teams, including Pakistan, have had their fair share of instances where they went against the spirit of the game. Bangladesh, too, has done some really silly things:

Here is Shakib throwing a tantrum, kicking, and throwing the stumps during the Dhaka Premier League. He was 34 at the time, not a child.
x6x1Ead.png

Then there was a time in 2016 when Mashrafe Mortaza and Sabbir Rahman were fined 20% of their match fee for an on-field row with Jos Buttler. The two Bangladeshis ran up to him after he was dismissed, giving him an overly aggressive send-off. Stokes and Tamim refused to shake hands after the match.

Mortaza doubled down after the match, saying, "Actually, we didn't do anything wrong, so we shouldn't apologize."

OYAjDhu.png

There was also another instance when Mushfiqur Rahim was about to punch his own teammate, Nasum Ahmed, in a Bangabandhu T20 Cup match after they almost collided while taking Mushfiqur a catch.

7PWRxrW.png

There was the latest incident where Bangladesh cheaply dismissed Angelo Matthews by timing him out because the strap of the former Sri Lankan captain's helmet broke. This was the first time that this had happened in the history of the game. Shakib showed no remorse, saying, "If it's in the rules, I don't mind taking chances."

V0mpe01.png

Lastly, Shakib was also banned from participating in cricket for 2 years (he had a one-year suspended sentence) for match-fixing allegations as he did not report approaches from bookmakers.

Do you think these instances make the Bangladesh team the most unpopular cricket team right now?

Reporter:
We have seen in this press conference that you are talking about that in your career in 15 years, you haven't seen this kind of attitude by a team that happened today. So, do you think that in your career in last 15 years, you haven't seen it doesn't mean that no team can complain or appeal like this kind of out. Because that final decision given by the umpire and in ICC media Also the fourth umpire clear about this out that you are out. So, you are saying that Shakib and Bangladesh team were disrespectful towards you. Do you think that umpires also disrespectful towards you because they've up their finger and that's why you got out?

Angelo Mathews:
Yes, I think, unfortunately, it happened against Bangladesh. I don't think any other team would do that because it was black and white. It was equipment, the helmet coming off and it was a safety issue as well, because we know that without a helmet, I cannot face a bowler. And it was just there to be seen. It was not about anyone being disrespectful.

Yes, Shakib had the option of - he knew that this was not time-wasting or I was there within my time. And he had the choice of, but he decided to go the other way. And my personal opinion is, if it was any other team, they wouldn't have done it.

Reporter:
We have seen in this press conference that you are talking about that in your career in 15 years, you haven't seen this kind of attitude by a team that happened today. So, do you think that in your career in last 15 years, you haven't seen it doesn't mean that no team can complain or appeal like this kind of out. Because that final decision given by the umpire and in ICC media Also the fourth umpire clear about this out that you are out. So, you are saying that Shakib and Bangladesh team were disrespectful towards you. Do you think that umpires also disrespectful towards you because they've up their finger and that's why you got out?

Angelo Mathews:
Yes, I think, unfortunately, it happened against Bangladesh. I don't think any other team would do that because it was black and white. It was equipment, the helmet coming off and it was a safety issue as well, because we know that without a helmet, I cannot face a bowler. And it was just there to be seen. It was not about anyone being disrespectful.

Yes, Shakib had the option of - he knew that this was not time-wasting or I was there within my time. And he had the choice of, but he decided to go the other way. And my personal opinion is, if it was any other team, they wouldn't have done it.
What about his team trying to deny Kohli a century by deliberately trying to bowl a wide? Was that within the spirit of the game? Or does it matter only when they are the victims? Angelo and SL need question themselves before playing the victim card.

I dont think they are particularly unpopular. Most of their recent issues seem to stem from Shakib.

There has always been some pettiness from Bangladesh. In addition to the incidents mentioned here, there was also the Naagin dance nonsense, their U19 side taunting the Indian players after beating them in the final. And this today.

Lot of petty, small minded behaviour.

He did nothing wrong and was well within his rights. I dont think its his fault for following the rules. If anyone needs to be blames then its the MCC which formulated the rule that needs to be answerable. Angelo firstly came late at teh crease. secondly should have checked his equipment before hand, lastly and more importantly he was facing a spinner. So could have easily played of the over and then in between overs could have asked for a new helmet.

Shakib is just being made a villain when all he did as captain was take a decision that would benefit his team.

But Bangladesh has always been quite arrogant with their nagin dance when the beat SL. Mushfiqur celebrating early against India in the 2016 t20 WC. Even their u19 team was unruly a couple of years ago maybe taking a leaf out of the seniors books.
His equipment was fine until he was at the crease and put his helmet on. That’s when the strap either tore or burst open. The entire cricketing world, with players from every country, are rightfully calling it for what it was - bad sportsmanship and a stain on the game.

The purpose of the rule is to stop purposeful stalling. There’s nothing wrong with waiting for another helmet when there’s an equipment failure. Shakib should never have appealed. There are probably many instances where the player technically does not make it there by time and the team jus lets it go.

The biggest delay I can remember is in the 2007 India vs South Africa Test in Capetown. This was a massive failure of the Indian team management as they should have been well aware that Sachin would not have been able to bat yet since he had left the field earlier. It took a long time, at least double or triple the time it took Matthews, for Ganguly to finally come out and bat. He went on to be the second highest scorer for India in that innings. Ganguly could have easily been given time out but because Graeme Smith had some honor he let Ganguly bat on.

I think you're confusing the word unpopular with hated lol.

Their a cricketing nation but their clearly not liked by many teams. Also I think afg might have done the same to angelo. They have the same aggressive cheating mindset.

India, Aus, Eng, Pak, NZ they wouldn't do it at all. They'd play fair.

For all the flack our fans give us, our team is nice and plays fair with other nations. We don't bite others.

Bangladesh are near bottom of the table, it's always the smallest dog that barks the loudest thus the reason behind Angelo saying no other team would remotely do something similar.

They have the arrogance and attitude of a top team, they're just lacking in the actual ability and talent. Sure-fire path to being disliked.

They are probably the most unpopular for a long time unfortunately. Only time Indians, Pakistanis and SRL fans willl get together is to troll BD team and their fans.

They have the arrogance and attitude of a top team, they're just lacking in the actual ability and talent. Sure-fire path to being disliked.
Reminds me of the (in)famous Fake IPL Player blog days' quote that was supposedly said by Yuvraj about Sreesanth. It goes something like this "Attitude deta hain masala dosa (a spicy south Indian dish) ki tarah, performance toh aappam (thin sugarless pancake) ki tarah" (not a native Hindi speaker, so kindly ignore if it is grammatically wrong) :ROFLMAO:

I think you're confusing the word unpopular with hated lol.

Their a cricketing nation but their clearly not liked by many teams. Also I think afg might have done the same to angelo. They have the same aggressive cheating mindset.

India, Aus, Eng, Pak, NZ they wouldn't do it at all. They'd play fair.

For all the flack our fans give us, our team is nice and plays fair with other nations. We don't bite others.
Even West Indies and South Africa wouldn't do it.

Remember Suraj Randiv deliberately bowling a no ball to deny Sehwag a century?
That’s actually very true, Indians and Pakistanis might fight and troll but our teams actually more sincere and have sportsmanship than Lankans and BD who always do weird trickery, the toss of 2011 is still not lost on me, a game where Robin Singh smashed a ton and bad light appeal by Lankans abandoned the game.

Utter disgraced and shameful from Sahkib to appeal time out against Mathews .

That’s actually very true, Indians and Pakistanis might fight and troll but our teams actually more sincere and have sportsmanship than Lankans and BD who always do weird trickery, the toss of 2011 is still not lost on me, a game where Robin Singh smashed a ton and bad light appeal by Lankans abandoned the game.
The was the only ODI century Robin Singh scored in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shakib in particular is very infamous for his on-field tricks. Remember the incident where he kicked the stumps when the opposition player was given not out by umpire. Bangladesh is unpopular because their captain is very unpopular. He is great allrounder but not famous for his skills.

Shakib got into altercation with Towhid after the match aswell, he hit 2 sixes which made the win asier but Shakib scolded him for some reason, he is quite hot headed and has had multiple problems for that reason

No. I don't have that perception when BD cricket is mentioned.

According to Media Sources:

Tamim Iqbal came for the meeting at the BCB president's residence. Talking to the media after that meeting, Papon indicated his departure. In this context, he said, he does not want to stay on the board for a long time. Papon also revealed the reason.

Nazmul Hassan Papon is in charge as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president for the third term. Papon has been in charge as the guardian of cricket in the country for a little more than 11 years. But this time the board president indicated to end.

Tamim Iqbal came for the meeting at the BCB president's residence. Talking to the media after that meeting, Papon indicated his departure. In this context, he said, he does not want to stay on the board for a long time. Papon also revealed the reason.

At his Gulshan residence, Papon said, “I told him (Tamim) that this time I actually did not want to come on board. I said two reasons one is I don't have time. The second is having to make decisions that people don't like. I told Tamim today that I am not with you anymore. Earlier I was involved with the team. Now I have given up. Those whom I have given responsibility will do it.”

Regarding not being associated with the team, Papon added, “I am not here for long. This term is not long, after that there is 1 year. I will fix the team before I leave. I will do whatever needs to be done. I don't know if that will be right. I will do what I think needs to be done. If it is a very difficult decision, I will take it. I'm actually not one of those who will listen to what someone else has to say before deciding. I'll go in first. As I knew everything before. I don't know much now. Tamim also said you don't know much. I said I have to know everything at first. I will go deeper by talking to everyone. I will take whatever decision I need to make. As a result, I don't care who likes it or not. Whatever decision has to be taken for the sake of cricket, even if it is very difficult, I will take it.”

According to Media sources:

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has formed a special three-member committee to review the national team’s performance in the recently concluded ICC World Cup 2023.

Bangladesh just won two games and lost seven out of the nine league matches played. They won against Afghanistan and Sri Lanka and lost against the top seven teams in international cricket. The team finished eighth on the points table. They even lost to the Netherlands.

This was perhaps the most disappointing World Cup campaign for Bangladesh who entered the tournament with a lot of controversy. They had their premier batter Tamim Iqbal announce his international retirement and make a U-turn on his decision within 24 hours. Eventually, he was dropped from the World Cup squad which made waves in Bangladesh cricket.

BCB director Enayet Hossain Siraj will act as the convener of the committee while Mahbubul Anam and Akram Khan will be the other members of the committee who will scrutinize the campaign for Bangladesh and their performance. The Tigers were the first team to be eliminated from the tournament

Bangladesh’s World Cup Performance To Be Scrutinized: BCB Statement
“The committee’s objective is to scrutinize the factors contributing to the team’s underperformance in the tournament and it will subsequently present its findings to the Board,” BCB said in a statement on Wednesday.

The Tigers won their first game against Afghanistan by six wickets and then lost six on the trot before winning their next one against Sri Lanka. They lost to Australia in their last league game in Pune despite a good batting performance.

After the World Cup, Bangladesh are back to playing bilateral series cricket. They are currently playing the first of the two-Test against New Zealand in Sylhet.

Bangladesh won the toss and opted to bat first in Sylhet. They were bowled out for 310 in the first innings led by Najmul Hossain Shanto. The Kiwis at the end of day 2 are 266/ 8 on the back of Kane Williamson’s brilliant 104. The Tigers are still leading by 44 runs at stumps.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board's newly formed three-member special committee began their activities on Sunday to find out the reason behind the team's dismal performance in the recently concluded ICC World Cup.

Bangladesh has their worst World Cup campaign since 2003 as they could win only two out of their nine league matches and finished eighth in the 10-team tournament in India. Bangladesh won three matches in each of the four World Cups, in 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019.

The board had formed the three-member panel, constituted by BCB directors Enayet Hossain Siraj (convenor), Mahbubul Anam (member) and Akram Khan (member), on November 29.

"The thing is that we are discussing with everybody. It's not an inquiry. The failings we had in the World Cup where our results did not go according to expectations, meant that we had to talk to everyone so that in the future we can take the team to higher levels," Enayet, convenor of the committee, told reporters following the meeting on Sunday.

"It's the initial stages (our findings ) and when we end we will hand our findings to the board and they will give you all the details," he said adding that they are yet to decide when they will meet head coach Chandika Hathurusingha and skipper Shakib al Hasan. "We haven't scheduled it yet," Enayet said.

Earlier, Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusingha, skipper Shakib al Hasan and team director Khaled Mahmud had presented their assessment report of the World Cup.

BCB officials insisted that there was no deadline for the special committee to present their findings, so there seems to be no rush at the moment as some of the players and coaching staff are involved in the ongoing Test series against New Zealand.

"Some of our players are currently playing against New Zealand in the Test series while following the Test series we have a tour of New Zealand for a white-ball series and we don't want to disturb them when they are playing. Whenever someone is available, they (special committee) will talk with them as per convenience of both parties," said a BCB official

Bangladesh simply are not a good tournament team.

According to Media Sources:

Nazmul Hassan Papon is in charge as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president for the third term. Papon has been in charge as the guardian of cricket in the country for a little more than 11 years. But this time the board president indicated to end.

At his Gulshan residence, Papon said, “I told him (Tamim) that this time I actually did not want to come on board. I said two reasons one is I don't have time. The second is having to make decisions that people don't like. I told Tamim today that I am not with you anymore. Earlier I was involved with the team. Now I have given up. Those whom I have given responsibility will do it.”

Regarding not being associated with the team, Papon added, “I am not here for long. This term is not long, after that there is 1 year. I will fix the team before I leave. I will do whatever needs to be done. I don't know if that will be right. I will do what I think needs to be done. If it is a very difficult decision, I will take it. I'm actually not one of those who will listen to what someone else has to say before deciding. I'll go in first. As I knew everything before. I don't know much now. Tamim also said you don't know much. I said I have to know everything at first. I will go deeper by talking to everyone. I will take whatever decision I need to make. As a result, I don't care who likes it or not. Whatever decision has to be taken for the sake of cricket, even if it is very difficult, I will take it.”
Can't really understand what Papon is trying to say. The guy is talking in riddles or it hasn't been translated properly.

This guy Papon isn't a very likeable individual for the outsiders. Ban fans may know better. The guy seems to have no regard of confidentiality and has boasted absolute power in BCB for over a decade now.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board's newly formed three-member special committee began their activities on Sunday to find out the reason behind the team's dismal performance in the recently concluded ICC World Cup.

Bangladesh has their worst World Cup campaign since 2003 as they could win only two out of their nine league matches and finished eighth in the 10-team tournament in India. Bangladesh won three matches in each of the four World Cups, in 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019.

The board had formed the three-member panel, constituted by BCB directors Enayet Hossain Siraj (convenor), Mahbubul Anam (member) and Akram Khan (member), on November 29.

"The thing is that we are discussing with everybody. It's not an inquiry. The failings we had in the World Cup where our results did not go according to expectations, meant that we had to talk to everyone so that in the future we can take the team to higher levels," Enayet, convenor of the committee, told reporters following the meeting on Sunday.

"It's the initial stages (our findings ) and when we end we will hand our findings to the board and they will give you all the details," he said adding that they are yet to decide when they will meet head coach Chandika Hathurusingha and skipper Shakib al Hasan. "We haven't scheduled it yet," Enayet said.

Earlier, Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusingha, skipper Shakib al Hasan and team director Khaled Mahmud had presented their assessment report of the World Cup.

BCB officials insisted that there was no deadline for the special committee to present their findings, so there seems to be no rush at the moment as some of the players and coaching staff are involved in the ongoing Test series against New Zealand.

"Some of our players are currently playing against New Zealand in the Test series while following the Test series we have a tour of New Zealand for a white-ball series and we don't want to disturb them when they are playing. Whenever someone is available, they (special committee) will talk with them as per convenience of both parties," said a BCB official
Akram Khan is the Intikhab Alam/ Haroon Rasheed of BCB. Has been in BCB since his retirement perhaps.

Experienced names to join Bangladesh coaching setup​

David Hemp has been named as the Bangladesh Men's team batting coach, whereas Andre Adams joins as the bowling coach for the national side.​

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) have appointed David Hemp, who was the the High Performance Head Coach since May 2023, as the National Men’s team batting coach. Hemp has already had a stint with the national side and toured as Bangladesh's batting coach during their tour of New Zealand last year.

In addition, former New Zealand allrounder Andre Adams was named as the national team’s bowling coach. Both are joining on a two-year contract. Their first assignment will be in the upcoming home series against Sri Lanka.

Shakib Al Hasan bowled Jonny Bairstow to pull back England's fast start at the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023

Hemp, a former international player for Bermuda, had a prolific record in first-class cricket, having featured as a batter for Glamorgan, Free State, and Warwickshire, with over 15,500 runs to his name.

He obtained an ECB Level 4 Coaching Certification, and had been the head coach of the Pakistan Women’s National Team from 2020-2022. Hemp had also been in the role of Head Coach for Victoria State Women’s Team, and the Melbourne Stars in the Women’s Big Bash League.

Adams, a former New Zealand international, had been the White Ferns bowling coach before joining Bangladesh.

In the past, he has also worked as the bowling coach of the New Zealand men's team in the recent T20I series against Pakistan and as Australia’s Assistant Coach in their 2022-23 series against South Africa. Adams was also the head bowling coach of New South Wales Blues in the Australian Sheffield Shield from 2018 to 2023

Source: ICC

In a momentous event, the Bangladesh National Cricket Team unveiled their vibrant new jerseys in a grand launch ceremony, joined by Robi, the esteemed Sponsor of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team.

iB6IShl.jpg

Bangladesh's multi-format tour of Afghanistan gets postponed​

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has confirmed that the senior men's team's multi-format tour of Afghanistan which was originally scheduled to be played in July, has been rescheduled in a mutual decision taken by the boards of both countries.

The Bangla Tigers were expected to play two Test matches, three ODIs and three T20Is after the conclusion of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup in July but it will now be played "at some other point of time".

"The away series against Afghanistan will be rescheduled after both boards agreed to play the series at some other point of time," BCB cricket operations chairman Jalal Yunus told Cricbuzz.

India TV

Stuart Law, the former Australian batsman and current USA head coach, declaring that Bangladesh cricket has failed to make significant progress during an interview with an international media outlet:

"Bangladesh haven't moved forward in 25 years."

"Whatever they have been doing hasn't worked, and they need to find out what needs to happen to make them tick".

"Maybe it is time to sit back and think, this is the way we have been doing it, it hasn't been working, we haven't moved forward – maybe we need to do it slightly differently."

"That's not talking down the current administration, but they need to look at all aspects of the game."

"If Bangladesh can nail that young development phase, get them in from the ages of 12 to 16 and give them a good diet and a good grounding of physical fitness, then the world could see a Bangladesh team that is untouchable."

ICC board meeting and potential election to be held in Dhaka​

Dhaka, Bangladesh, is set to be the venue for the forthcoming ICC board meeting, as confirmed by BCB President Nazmul Hassan. In his announcement, Hassan also alluded to the likelihood of coinciding the meeting with the ICC elections.

“It has been confirmed that the next ICC board meeting will be in Dhaka. Possibly, the election [ICC] would take place here,” Hassan stated to the media in a press briefing.

He further clarified that this election would be for the appointment of a new ICC chairperson, given that the term of the incumbent is approaching its conclusion. The BCB is expected to establish the official procedures and authority shortly.

“I think there will be an election (in the ICC) as the current chairman will have the last board meeting. We are expected to give our election mandate by this time,” he added.

Greg Barclay is the current ICC Chairman, having been re-elected for a second two-year term in November 2022. His term is anticipated to end later this year, following his initial election in November 2020, where he won 11 out of 16 votes in the second ballot, defeating Imran Khwaja.

Barclay stepped down from his role as Chairman of New Zealand Cricket upon becoming the ICC chairperson.

The feasibility of the Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, slated for October, was questioned due to political unrest in Bangladesh.

Nonetheless, BCB Chief Executive Officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury assured that the event would go ahead as scheduled.

Hassan addressed concerns at a recent ICC meeting in Colombo, explaining that the external perception of Bangladesh’s situation was grim due to communication gaps. His attendance helped alleviate fears among international delegates, convincing them that conditions in Bangladesh were stable.

“When I went there, the situation of the country was very bad, and there was no communication with Bangladesh from outside, and the news they were getting [was something] they were quite afraid [of]. But after seeing me, they said at least they were convinced that everything is alright in the country. After that, there was no discussion about it, and all they wanted to know was what had happened. For us, the important thing is the Women’s World Cup that we will host here,” Hassan concluded.

Bangladesh Cricket Board cricket operations chairman Jalal Yunus resigned from his post and submitted his resignation as a board director to the National Sports Council on Monday

Jalal, one of the two directors, alongside Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby, was nominated to the cricket board by the NSC.

‘I have resigned as director for the greater good of cricket,’ Jalal told the media on Monday. The NSC will now nominate a new director as a replacement for Jalal.

Meanwhile, Sajjadul reported that the NSC secretary had contacted him on Monday morning and asked him to resign from his position.

‘I told them I was nominated at the cricket board by the NSC. If they have taken a decision regarding me, they should just inform me,’ he said.

Earlier, sports adviser to the ministry of youth and sports Asif Mahmud had said that they are in contact with different stakeholders to solve the crisis at BCB.

Several BCB board directors, including president Nazmul Hasan, have gone into hiding since the fall of the Awami League government in the face of mass protests.

It has been reported that the BCB president wants to step down from his position.

Former Bangladesh captain and chief selector Faruk Ahmed is likely to be nominated by the NSC to replace Jalal in the board of directors, which would make him eligible to get elected as the new president once Nazmul resigns.

Source: Newage

Nazmul resigns, Faruque Ahmed named new president of Bangladesh Cricket Board

Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hassan has resigned after a decade as the head of the cricket governing body. He will be replaced by former captain Faruque Ahmed.

The news of Nazmul’s resignation came shortly after an emergency meeting of the BCB at the Ministry of Youth and Sports on Wednesday. He was the longest-serving president of BCB.

The process of electing a new chairman was also fast-tracked following Nazmul’s resignation.

Faruque is the 15th president of BCB. This is the first time a former cricketer has been appointed as the president of the body.

Nazmul has disappeared since the fall of Sheikh Hasina on Aug 5 and has not been seen at the BCB offices since then. There are rumours that he has moved to London with his family.

In 2012, Nazmul became the president of BCB for the first time. Subsequently, he was elected as BCB president for consecutive terms in 2013, 2017 and 2021.

SOURCE:https://bdnews24.com/cricket/654bda7499d5

Nazmul resigns, Faruque Ahmed named new president of Bangladesh Cricket Board

Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hassan has resigned after a decade as the head of the cricket governing body. He will be replaced by former captain Faruque Ahmed.

The news of Nazmul’s resignation came shortly after an emergency meeting of the BCB at the Ministry of Youth and Sports on Wednesday. He was the longest-serving president of BCB.

The process of electing a new chairman was also fast-tracked following Nazmul’s resignation.

Faruque is the 15th president of BCB. This is the first time a former cricketer has been appointed as the president of the body.

Nazmul has disappeared since the fall of Sheikh Hasina on Aug 5 and has not been seen at the BCB offices since then. There are rumours that he has moved to London with his family.

In 2012, Nazmul became the president of BCB for the first time. Subsequently, he was elected as BCB president for consecutive terms in 2013, 2017 and 2021.

SOURCE:https://bdnews24.com/cricket/654bda7499d5

One of the best news.

End of dictatorship finally.

Utter unattractive team

Of all the minnows they are one team with no personality or flair.

Now that "tyrant" Sheikh Hasina has been kicked out, I think they'll become popular among Pakistani fans at least.

Their players are at the same level as PAK and they look pretty similar too

India is probably the most disliked team.

Bangladesh has sometimes had quite a bad attitude, but this attitude is mainly against India or Sri Lanka.

The rest of the world loves the tigers. They are the only nation to achieve independence 3 times in 70 years. They will roar on the cricket pitch soon too.

India is probably the most disliked team.

Bangladesh has sometimes had quite a bad attitude, but this attitude is mainly against India or Sri Lanka.

The rest of the world loves the tigers. They are the only nation to achieve independence 3 times in 70 years. They will roar on the cricket pitch soon too.

Correct.

Bangladesh do not have a problem with any team other than India and SL.

The issue with SL is entirely within cricket field. Outside of cricket field, there are no issues.

Issue with India is both on-field and off-field.

Correct.

Bangladesh do not have a problem with any team other than India and SL.

The issue with SL is entirely within cricket field. Outside of cricket field, there are no issues.

Issue with India is both on-field and off-field.

What went wrong between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on the field?

I remember in Nidahas the Sri Lankans were cheering for us like mad in the final.

unpopular if you count out the Bangladeshis, but if you include all people than BD team has more fans than SL,NZ,SA,WI,Eng

so cant call them unpopular

What went wrong between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka on the field?

I remember in Nidahas the Sri Lankans were cheering for us like mad in the final.
there was a BD cricketer named Naimul Islam Apu, a SLA. he was known in the BD cricket circuit for unusual but harmless celebrations. he started to do a celebration in BPL where he made his hands like a cobra when its about to strike(the nagin celebration).

when he was selected for BD, in Nidahas trophy he also did this celebration, in the 3rd match. After winning the match the idioit mushfik did the "nagin celebration" towards the BD dugout. I think SL players did not like it. in the 6th match which was at that time basically a winner will go to the final,SL players after getting BD wicket was doing celebration of snake charmer's flute indicating they were controlling the nagin. at the end of the match there was a waist Height no ball drama, no ball was not given in a tense chase, shakib the captain at that time called his team out from the pitch, after umpire intervention the match again begun and BD needed a 6 to win the match of the last ball, Mahmudullah at that time hit the 6 and the whole BD team along with the team staffs run in the pitch and started doing the god awful nagin dance

on route to the pitch the BD team room's glass door was broken(i am not sure who or how it was broke). all of these did not go with SL people and players and thats whey they supported India in the final

also after this incident SL vs BD rivalry grew. SL team was not the SL team of before so that also helped this rivalry grow as BD was able to challenge SL. many things happened after that, the timeout incident is one.

I for one as a Bangladeshi do not support the antics showed by my team

“Greater damage” New BCB chairman slams Hathurusinge​

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) newly appointed president Faruque Ahmed reiterated his stance that Chandika Hathurusingha should not continue as head coach. Faruque Ahmed stated that he will make the final decision on Chandika Hathurusingha’s future after discussing it with his colleagues in the BCB.

BCB appointed Chandika Hathurusingha as head coach of the men’s cricket team in February 2023, with a contract lasting until the 2025 Champions Trophy. However, the team has faced disappointing performances, including group-stage exits in the 2023 Asia Cup, 2023 World Cup, and 2024 T20 World Cup

Faruque Ahmed criticized the decision to reappoint Chandika Hathurusingha as head coach. Ahmed added that Hathurusingha had left Bangladesh in a difficult position in 2017. Faruque said that Bangladesh’s past success under Hathurusingha was due to a collective effort, not just his individual contribution.

“It was a real blunder to bring back Hathurusingha for a second stint. He had left us in trouble the last time he left the job [in 2017]. Bangladesh was a stepping stone for him. He went back to his country, became their head coach. I couldn’t believe that a 25-member board of directors, including the president, could make such a decision. I hope they are realising their mistake,” Faruque said.

“Those who brought him back thought that he was a magician. They thought that only Hathurusinghe created this bubble of success. Cricket is not about magic. Bangladesh’s success is due to a combination of players, coaches, selection committee and even board officials.”

“His credibility and background of what he has done on and off the field, there’s no reason for him to stay [as Bangladesh’s coach],” he said on the YouTube show Not Out Noman.

“You will lose some money [if you sack him], but there will be greater damage by his presence. I had noticed that it is impossible to work in the environment he wants to work in.”

Hathurusingha recently stated that he is willing to step down if the Bangladesh Cricket Board decides to move in a different direction. He mentioned that he would honor his contract until its end. However, he is open to whatever decision the board makes, whether they choose to keep him or not. (CricTracker/Cricinfo)

Bro is trying to commit another murder or what?

Y4zTwGS.png

This is symbolic.

Hand on your heart, please tell me if a Bangladeshi cricketer would dare do this if Shoaib Akhtar was playing in that team?

This is humiliating.
Rizwan is talented but is also a lipstick wearing weirdo wuzzy. Bangladesh is showing off right now against this soft team backed by soft fans with no pride.

there was a BD cricketer named Naimul Islam Apu, a SLA. he was known in the BD cricket circuit for unusual but harmless celebrations. he started to do a celebration in BPL where he made his hands like a cobra when its about to strike(the nagin celebration).

when he was selected for BD, in Nidahas trophy he also did this celebration, in the 3rd match. After winning the match the idioit mushfik did the "nagin celebration" towards the BD dugout. I think SL players did not like it. in the 6th match which was at that time basically a winner will go to the final,SL players after getting BD wicket was doing celebration of snake charmer's flute indicating they were controlling the nagin. at the end of the match there was a waist Height no ball drama, no ball was not given in a tense chase, shakib the captain at that time called his team out from the pitch, after umpire intervention the match again begun and BD needed a 6 to win the match of the last ball, Mahmudullah at that time hit the 6 and the whole BD team along with the team staffs run in the pitch and started doing the god awful nagin dance

on route to the pitch the BD team room's glass door was broken(i am not sure who or how it was broke). all of these did not go with SL people and players and thats whey they supported India in the final

also after this incident SL vs BD rivalry grew. SL team was not the SL team of before so that also helped this rivalry grow as BD was able to challenge SL. many things happened after that, the timeout incident is one.

I for one as a Bangladeshi do not support the antics showed by my team
You have told the story from half way, completely changing the context.

Nagin dance was indeed Apu’s own way of celebration and he was called in the team when Hathura was coach. Within few months Hathura left and took over charge of SRL team, who had a scheduled tour within a month.

It was Srilankan team that first stayed to mock Bangladesh players in that series, instigated by Hathura. Nidahas trophy was following that tour and even there, it was Srilankan fans first started that during their way to post 215 in 20 overs, thinking they had won the game - Mushi blasted his way to win that game and just returned the compliment.

You have told the story from half way, completely changing the context.

Nagin dance was indeed Apu’s own way of celebration and he was called in the team when Hathura was coach. Within few months Hathura left and took over charge of SRL team, who had a scheduled tour within a month.

It was Srilankan team that first stayed to mock Bangladesh players in that series, instigated by Hathura. Nidahas trophy was following that tour and even there, it was Srilankan fans first started that during their way to post 215 in 20 overs, thinking they had won the game - Mushi blasted his way to win that game and just returned the compliment.
I don't remember it like that. If you are saying so I need to go back and watch the match again. I remember SL players doing that flute charmer dance after losing the first match

Anyway. Mushy has been in controversial things before. Also after winning the last match the ugly dance that the whole team did you can't support that

This is symbolic.

Hand on your heart, please tell me if a Bangladeshi cricketer would dare do this if Shoaib Akhtar was playing in that team?

This is humiliating.
Rizwan is talented but is also a lipstick wearing weirdo wuzzy. Bangladesh is showing off right now against this soft team backed by soft fans with no pride.
He is venting his frustration here about being in the biggest fiasco of his life :haider

“Greater damage” New BCB chairman slams Hathurusinge​

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) newly appointed president Faruque Ahmed reiterated his stance that Chandika Hathurusingha should not continue as head coach. Faruque Ahmed stated that he will make the final decision on Chandika Hathurusingha’s future after discussing it with his colleagues in the BCB.

BCB appointed Chandika Hathurusingha as head coach of the men’s cricket team in February 2023, with a contract lasting until the 2025 Champions Trophy. However, the team has faced disappointing performances, including group-stage exits in the 2023 Asia Cup, 2023 World Cup, and 2024 T20 World Cup

Faruque Ahmed criticized the decision to reappoint Chandika Hathurusingha as head coach. Ahmed added that Hathurusingha had left Bangladesh in a difficult position in 2017. Faruque said that Bangladesh’s past success under Hathurusingha was due to a collective effort, not just his individual contribution.

“It was a real blunder to bring back Hathurusingha for a second stint. He had left us in trouble the last time he left the job [in 2017]. Bangladesh was a stepping stone for him. He went back to his country, became their head coach. I couldn’t believe that a 25-member board of directors, including the president, could make such a decision. I hope they are realising their mistake,” Faruque said.

“Those who brought him back thought that he was a magician. They thought that only Hathurusinghe created this bubble of success. Cricket is not about magic. Bangladesh’s success is due to a combination of players, coaches, selection committee and even board officials.”

“His credibility and background of what he has done on and off the field, there’s no reason for him to stay [as Bangladesh’s coach],” he said on the YouTube show Not Out Noman.

“You will lose some money [if you sack him], but there will be greater damage by his presence. I had noticed that it is impossible to work in the environment he wants to work in.”

Hathurusingha recently stated that he is willing to step down if the Bangladesh Cricket Board decides to move in a different direction. He mentioned that he would honor his contract until its end. However, he is open to whatever decision the board makes, whether they choose to keep him or not. (CricTracker/Cricinfo)

In response, Hathurusingha addressed the BCB president's comments during a press conference ahead of the second Test match against Pakistan:

"I understand that when new leadership takes over, they bring their own perspectives, but I will be eager to get the opportunity to speak with them—that’s my first priority. Secondly, my job is to prepare the team as best as I can. We've put in a lot of hard work over the last few months, and our focus now is on the next game."

In response, Hathurusingha addressed the BCB president's comments during a press conference ahead of the second Test match against Pakistan:

"I understand that when new leadership takes over, they bring their own perspectives, but I will be eager to get the opportunity to speak with them—that’s my first priority. Secondly, my job is to prepare the team as best as I can. We've put in a lot of hard work over the last few months, and our focus now is on the next game."

I think Hathuru should continue. Under his leadership, BD did well from 2015 till 2017. BD is now doing okay too.

He should be kept till his contract runs out.

Where would you rank this performance of Bangladesh in Test cricket if they defeat Pakistan in this Test series?

Where would you rank this performance of Bangladesh in Test cricket if they defeat Pakistan in this Test series?
If we win this test it will be huge. We have won before against eng,Aus,NZ,SL but was beaten in the next game. We haven't won back to back against a big team.

I think Hathuru should continue. Under his leadership, BD did well from 2015 till 2017. BD is now doing okay too.

He should be kept till his contract runs out.
You forgot last many LOI tournaments? One test win in Pak and now he should stay? Come on bro. Haturu came back with vengeance and created division ousting Mahmudullah, created the whole Tamim saga. Has his favourites. Guy is good for nothing. Needs to be gone asap. Change is needed.

2015-2017 he was alright, good. But that’s a thing of the past.

As most Pakistani posters said after 1st test, it won’t be a surprise. Pakistan is beneath Bangladesh as a cricket nation in 2024.

Of Bangladesh manage to lose this it will be considered an upset.

You forgot last many LOI tournaments? One test win in Pak and now he should stay? Come on bro. Haturu came back with vengeance and created division ousting Mahmudullah, created the whole Tamim saga. Has his favourites. Guy is good for nothing. Needs to be gone asap. Change is needed.

2015-2017 he was alright, good. But that’s a thing of the past.

Too much chopping and changing is bad.

Hathuru-Shanto partnership is working.

If Hathuru is replaced, I hope next guy would be given a lengthy run.

Hathuru will be dismissed, according to Faruque, the new BCB president. Local coaches will be introduced, and it's highly likely that Salahuddin will become the new head coach.

They've become one of my favourites after Hasina's ouster

Bangladesh are seeing good things since that Indian puppet (Hasina) is gone.

Bangladesh U-20 soccer team won the SAFF tournament (South Asian soccer tournament).

Bangladesh beat Pakistan in Test for the first time.

Good stuff since August 5 (the day Hasina was ousted).

Alhamdulillah.

Its working in this series means its alright and all past is forgotten? Shanto isnt working with the bat at all. Cant have someone being in the side for captaincy duties only.

Haturu time is up. InshAllah. New board president Mr Farukh will do justice, axe this lankan dictator and bring back Tamim who has so much left to give

Hathuru will be dismissed, according to Faruque, the new BCB president. Local coaches will be introduced, and it's highly likely that Salahuddin will become the new head coach.

Its working in this series means its alright and all past is forgotten? Shanto isnt working with the bat at all. Cant have someone being in the side for captaincy duties only.

Haturu time is up. InshAllah. New board president Mr Farukh will do justice, axe this lankan dictator and bring back Tamim who has so much left to give

I see.

Whatever they decide, things need to be long-term. I am not a fan of excessive chopping and changing.

Next coach should be allowed to stay till 2027 WC at least.

I am glad Papon is gone. All the best to Faruque.

Before we go gaga for salauddin remember this is the guy that did not give any chance to Rishad in BPL

Naimur Rahman Durjoy resigns as BCB director​

Former Bangladesh captain Naimur Rahman Durjoy has resigned from his post as Bangladesh Cricket Board director.

Naimur, who was a Member of Parliament of the fallen Awami League government, has submitted his resignation to BCB chief executive officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury.

Naimur confirmed his resignation while speaking to a news outlet.

Former Bangladesh cricketer Naimur like many other BCB directors have been in hiding since the fall of Sheikh Hasina regime following mass protests last month.

Naimur is the first BCB director to resign at will.

The decision has come on the back of an Anti-Corruption Commission investigation against several individuals, including Naimur.

The ACC has received allegations of money laundering, irregularities in government projects, and the accumulation of illegal assets both domestically and abroad against the individuals.

The investigation is based on information gathered by the ACC's intelligence unit.

“I have resigned from the BCB due to personal reasons. I have submitted my resignation addressing BCB CEO,” said Naimur, who was chairman of BCB High Performance Unit, to the media Wednesday.

Since the fall of Sheikh Hasina government, Nazmul Hasan stepped down as BCB president while Shafiul Alam Chowdhury had resigned as chairman of BCB's women’s wing.

The duo however, did not resign as BCB directors.

Jalal Younus, who had come to the BCB with National Sports Council nomination, resigned last month as BCB director following appeal from NSC.

Veteran sports organizer Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby had also come through NSC but he refused to resigned and was later removed by the sports council.

In place of Jalal and Sajjadul - Faruk Ahmed and Nazmul Abedeen Fahim made their way to the BCB as directors before Faruk emerged as the new BCB president on August 21 to end Nazmul’s long tenure as BCB chief.

Good that Durjoy resigned, Durjoy and Khaled Mehmood are net negative for Bangaldesh cricket team.

Naimur Rahman Durjoy resigns as BCB director​

Former Bangladesh captain Naimur Rahman Durjoy has resigned from his post as Bangladesh Cricket Board director.

Naimur, who was a Member of Parliament of the fallen Awami League government, has submitted his resignation to BCB chief executive officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury.

Naimur confirmed his resignation while speaking to a news outlet.

Former Bangladesh cricketer Naimur like many other BCB directors have been in hiding since the fall of Sheikh Hasina regime following mass protests last month.

Naimur is the first BCB director to resign at will.

The decision has come on the back of an Anti-Corruption Commission investigation against several individuals, including Naimur.

The ACC has received allegations of money laundering, irregularities in government projects, and the accumulation of illegal assets both domestically and abroad against the individuals.

The investigation is based on information gathered by the ACC's intelligence unit.

“I have resigned from the BCB due to personal reasons. I have submitted my resignation addressing BCB CEO,” said Naimur, who was chairman of BCB High Performance Unit, to the media Wednesday.

Since the fall of Sheikh Hasina government, Nazmul Hasan stepped down as BCB president while Shafiul Alam Chowdhury had resigned as chairman of BCB's women’s wing.

Jalal Younus, who had come to the BCB with National Sports Council nomination, resigned last month as BCB director following appeal from NSC.

Veteran sports organizer Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby had also come through NSC but he refused to resigned and was later removed by the sports council.

In place of Jalal and Sajjadul - Faruk Ahmed and Nazmul Abedeen Fahim made their way to the BCB as directors before Faruk emerged as the new BCB president on August 21 to end Nazmul’s long tenure as BCB chief.

Khaled Mahmud resigns as BCB director​

Former Bangladesh captain Khaled Mahmud Sujon has resigned from his post as Bangladesh Cricket Board director.

Khaled submitted his resignation to the board Wednesday but the reason for the step down was not revealed. The decision brings end to Khaled’s long affiliation as director of the BCB.

Earlier this month, another former Bangladesh captain Nairmur Rahman resigned from his post as BCB director.

With fall of Sheikh Hasina government on August 5 this year, Nazmul Hasan Papon stepped down as BCB president while Shafiul Alam Chowdhury resigned as chairman of BCB's women’s wing.

Veteran sports organizer Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby had also come through NSC but he refused to resign and was later removed by the sports council.

Good that Durjoy resigned, Durjoy and Khaled Mehmood are net negative for Bangaldesh cricket team.

I am loving all these resignations.

All selections should be based on merit and not based on political connections.

The reason for this is mostly because of Shakib. The guy took being a super star to another level. Beating up fans, acting like a madman on and off the field. Problem is, youngsters will learn this and copy paste this. One generation of rotten egg could have an effect down the line

I am loving all these resignations.

All selections should be based on merit and not based on political connections.

Agreed. Really liking the new batch of fast bowlers who are being trained & managed by BCB, all are 6'1 to to 6'4, media is hyping up a new Chinese Bangladeshi left arm pacer who clocked 140+ in the nets and hit Shanto's box. Bangladesh fast bowling has a bright future, only worry is our batting unit, don't see any good prospects.

In statistics we have a concept of outliers which are removed before arriving at any meaningful conclusion out of set of data points. In insurance we have a concept of act of God which is given a special treatment and not considerd for any payouts. In economics we have concept of black swan events which are again not predictable and not accounted for in any meaningful assessment of any closed economy. In life we have concept of "once in a blue moon" event which we shrug off and move on.

I feel all wins by bangladesh are similar in nature. None of them are backed by any appreciable skills, ability or predictable outcomes. Most or random flukes like the series win in Pakistan or some random win in random series. Their batting is pathetic, athleticism, abilities, skills are laughable. Only thing they excel in is big mouth and false pride.

Any loss against such a team should be considered a fluke and teams should laugh and move on. Any of those feats by BD are unlikely to be repeated again

Losses against minnows are mostly results of freak events coinciding on that day but that's the reason we have minnow status and established teams. Losses against such teams against such teams should always matter because they are not supposed to happen. Wins against minnows are a different matter.

In statistics we have a concept of outliers which are removed before arriving at any meaningful conclusion out of set of data points. In insurance we have a concept of act of God which is given a special treatment and not considerd for any payouts. In economics we have concept of black swan events which are again not predictable and not accounted for in any meaningful assessment of any closed economy. In life we have concept of "once in a blue moon" event which we shrug off and move on.

I feel all wins by bangladesh are similar in nature. None of them are backed by any appreciable skills, ability or predictable outcomes. Most or random flukes like the series win in Pakistan or some random win in random series. Their batting is pathetic, athleticism, abilities, skills are laughable. Only thing they excel in is big mouth and false pride.

Any loss against such a team should be considered a fluke and teams should laugh and move on. Any of those feats by BD are unlikely to be repeated again

Not in test matches though. Definitely not at home ... and absolutely categorically not a whitewash.

The only true rise from minnow status since early 80s: india
90s: sri lanka
And since then we have just been deceived by a few flashes of brilliances by
Zim Kenya bangladesh Ireland and Afghanistan
Bangladesh had a decent run but keeps falling back to disappoint.
West indies pakistan are on path to fall in lower tier. South africa and Sri lanka keep reviving themselves into mid tier.

That is applicable for shorter formats due to itse flaky nature. But in Tests you have to win multiple sessions to pull off a win. Ofcourse there are instances where first day pitch helping overwhelmingly one side and it becomes a 2 innings vs 1 innings affair from that point. None of that happened in the recent Test series. There was no real head start for Bangladesh.

BD cricket needs drastic changes from top to bottom, regional cricket needs better improvements with t20 leagues, city based t20 and ODI competitions needed.

Back