Is the Bangladesh cricket team the most unpopular cricket team right now?

The only true rise from minnow status since early 80s: india
90s: sri lanka
And since then we have just been deceived by a few flashes of brilliances by
Zim Kenya bangladesh Ireland and Afghanistan
Bangladesh had a decent run but keeps falling back to disappoint.
West indies pakistan are on path to fall in lower tier. South africa and Sri lanka keep reviving themselves into mid tier.

Naaah we won Test series in WI, Eng more than 50 yrs ago in 1971 and 1973 and were always hard to Beat at home.

They are very unpopular amongst us Indians. We don't even celebrate victory against Bangladesh. Even Afghanistan and Srilankan fans hate Bangladesh cricket and their immature fans. Only Pakistan love them because of religion and hate for India.

Bangladesh team is very overrated. Afghanistan are comfortably better than them.

Tiger is my favourite animal. So much aura about tigers. I feel bad seeing Tiger in Bangladesh's logo. Everytime they get thrashed, i feel bad for Tiger 🥲🥲.
Seriously speaking, BCB should change that logo and put donkey or dog instead of tigers.

I propose putting no animal. Better to have a non-animal logo.

I think it is cringy when a team calls themselves tiger, lion, jaguar etc. Not just for BD but for all teams.

The dislike seems to really be from Indians.

Most of the world are now fans of the spirit of the Bangladeshi tigers and their passionate fans.
Nobody cares for Ban cricket , the way they play I mean . Useless pathetic bunch. Dont think Aus or SENA teams invite them frequently if at all bcos they are pathetic and will be hammered. Spirit of Ban tigers lol !! Like the Pak cornered tigers spirit n the current test series. Get real. Your dislike for Ind is making you say absurd statements

I think it is cringy when a team calls themselves tiger, lion, jaguar etc. Not just for BD but for all teams.
Bangla P cats would be apt ! Bcos thats the way they play. Like scared kittens , playing for an honorable loss.

Its cringey only when your performance doesn't match the nature of animal.. Imagine Having Name tigers and performance like donkeys 😂😂

Only Australia are worthy the name tigers 👍🏻

Its cringey only when your performance doesn't match the nature of animal.. Imagine Having Name tigers and performance like donkeys 😂😂

Only Australia are worthy the name tigers 👍🏻

No. I think no team should have an animal in logo.

It gives off an idolatry vibe. I am against it.

We Indians agree Australia is boss of cricket, do you agree Bangladesh is sh*t at cricket.??
First Do win a single asia cup then talk about world cup runner ups 👍🏻

I agree Australia is the boss of cricket. Greatest team of all time. As a cricket fan, I am privileged to watch legends like Ponting, Steve Waugh, Hayden, Gilchrist, Cummins etc. I am a well-wisher and supporter of Team Australia since 2000.

I also agree Bangladesh is a terrible cricket team but they can give good fights once in a while.

I also have to admit India is a very overrated cricket team despite recent successes. They are the richest board and most pampered board (pampered by ICC) and yet they have only won 2 ODI World Cups.

I also laughed pretty hard when team Australia silenced big Gujarati crowd in 2023 WC final.

Good memories.
This is the exact reason why we indians dont like you.. You guys have zero achievements of yourself despite playing for 25 years but you try to belittle india. Even, Afghanistan reached semifinals of a world event and look at you guys🤦🏻‍♀️

This is the exact reason why we indians dont like you.. You guys have zero achievements of yourself despite playing for 25 years but you try to belittle india. Even, Afghanistan reached semifinals of a world event and look at you guys🤦🏻‍♀️

Do you think it matters to us if you Indians don't like us? ROFL.

I agree Australia is the boss of cricket. Greatest team of all time. As a cricket fan, I am privileged to watch legends like Ponting, Steve Waugh, Hayden, Gilchrist, Cummins etc. I am a well-wisher and supporter of Team Australia since 2000.

I also agree Bangladesh is a terrible cricket team but they can give good fights once in a while.

I also have to admit India is a very overrated cricket team despite recent successes. They are the richest board and most pampered board (pampered by ICC) and yet they have only won 2 ODI World Cups.
Winning 2 world cups, 2 champions trophy, 2 t20i world cups, several Asia cups is no small achievement.
England playing for 1800s and won only one 50 over trophy.. They are ovrrated too??
Talk with me, when Bangladesh win Asia cup or even reach semifinals of global event.

Nobody cares for Ban cricket , the way they play I mean . Useless pathetic bunch. Dont think Aus or SENA teams invite them frequently if at all bcos they are pathetic and will be hammered. Spirit of Ban tigers lol !! Like the Pak cornered tigers spirit n the current test series. Get real. Your dislike for Ind is making you say absurd statements
Sorry but there's no link between teams being invited to SENA countries and their fans being liked or disliked.

Go through the match thread between India and Bangladesh and you will see semi racist comments from Indians being posted regularly. You will see the same all over social media.

So what if they lose? In sports one team loses that's it's very nature. They sometimes win at home.

There was a time when India couldn't win away from home. Would it have been fair if those countries would call them names and semi racist things and talk about their genetics and their capabilities etc? Now you guys are top of the tree what do you think you have this right to enact so much judgment?

No other country reacts this way towards Bangladeshis. Just Indians.

As I have said the hatred seems to mainly stem from Indians. At least you are man enough to admit it.

This is true.

If you visit FB and Twitter, vast majority of the toxic comments seem to be from Indian fans. They attack Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, and even SENA fans.

Very entitled and arrogant bunch. They should learn that pride often comes before downfall.

This is true.

If you visit FB and Twitter, vast majority of the toxic comments seem to be from Indian fans. They attack Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, and even SENA fans.

Very entitled and arrogant bunch. They should learn that pride often comes before downfall.
I have seen many Bangladeshi pages on Facebook openly making fun of indian team, religion,faith. We have every right to defend ourselves and giving back phaintas.

Anyway, let's return to topic.

Is Bangladesh cricket the most unpopular cricket team? I don't think so. Maybe to Indians only. But, that's understandable because their agent Hasina was ousted and they are not happy about it.

Our performance till the 70s would be comparable to what bangladesh has done so far.

nope not even close they have lost more than twice as many matches ( home + away ) as we did till 1970.

And even if we look at just home matches they have almost lost as many matches at home in the last 25 yrs than we have overall in 90 years time ( 50 losses vs 55 for us). in comparison it took us 80 yrs to lose 50 tests at home. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Bangladesh is way too small and insignificant as a nation and a cricket team for us to use serious words like "hatred" against them. We just like to constantly remind them of their place in the world while garnering some comic relief from their usual clown shows.

"Hatred" could have been apt for Pakistan up until last year, but now we just pity their situation.

Bangladesh is way too small and insignificant as a nation and a cricket team for us to use serious words like "hatred" against them. We just like to constantly remind them of their place in the world while garnering some comic relief from their usual clown shows.

"Hatred" could have been apt for Pakistan up until last year, but now we just pity their situation.
Agreed. There is no hatred for Bangladeshis . I just want all the illegal ones out of India and back in the glorious land now that Hasina is out.

Hatred is inspired by fear/envy. There's literally nothing fear or envy Bangladesh for.

Sorry but there's no link between teams being invited to SENA countries and their fans being liked or disliked.

Go through the match thread between India and Bangladesh and you will see semi racist comments from Indians being posted regularly. You will see the same all over social media.

So what if they lose? In sports one team loses that's it's very nature. They sometimes win at home.

There was a time when India couldn't win away from home. Would it have been fair if those countries would call them names and semi racist things and talk about their genetics and their capabilities etc? Now you guys are top of the tree what do you think you have this right to enact so much judgment?

The link was how popular the team is for a SENA nation. Racist ?? The comments were all in response or more trolling comments by Ban posters. Go thru the thread again.
So what if they lose ?? LOL ! Well, didnt get that vibe from you and majority of Pak posters here when Ind lost to Aus in 23 final. So please save the moral lines. And the genetics aspect was stated by the Ban coach not posters here. And the fact remains that Ban is a pathetic useless team - so dont know whats to refute there

Well said. Last paragraph will hit some clowns nerves lmao.

The link was how popular the team is for a SENA nation. Racist ?? The comments were all in response or more trolling comments by Ban posters. Go thru the thread again.
So what if they lose ?? LOL ! Well, didnt get that vibe from you and majority of Pak posters here when Ind lost to Aus in 23 final. So please save the moral lines. And the genetics aspect was stated by the Ban coach not posters here. And the fact remains that Ban is a pathetic useless team - so dont know whats to refute there
This is precisely why i urge Indian posters just to mute and stop responding to these attention seekers who turn every thread into a cesspool. Indian fans have plenty to cheer about. Just leave them be and say whatever they want. These guys absolutely have nothing to talk about cricket. Basically trolls who have zero cricketing knowledge. Do you see any Afghanistan fan or even SL fan or WI fans behaving this way? No.

You might want to lookup how many Test Series they have won against India in the last 10 yrs ... Perhaps this is when you will declare that ODI's are the real deal and ODIs > Test Series ? :ROFLMAO:

Here check this out ... I can assure you that your Team will never get to this level in your lifetime lol --> https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ndia-ten-years-of-unfinished-business-1447815

small mercies ... phew

If india is over-rated where does that leave both your teams ? One has never won a single test match and the other has lost 4 Test Series back-to-back against India. You didnt think through that one ehh ? :ROFLMAO:

Give BD cricket all the money of BCCI and they'll still remain a pathetic , low quality side than will struggle to beat US in a bilateral series.

Been playing cricket for more than 25 years and still can't win Test series at home 🤡

And then one said that cunning BCCI didn't invite for ODIs. .

As if 8th ranked BD is some challenge for India in India.

This garbage side has never made it to Super Six, SF level in any ODI World Cup. Even Kenya and ZIM have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Give BD cricket all the money of BCCI and they'll still remain a pathetic , low quality side than will struggle to beat US in a bilateral series.

Been playing cricket for more than 25 years and still can't win Test series at home 🤡

And then one said that cunning BCCI didn't invite for ODIs. .

As if 8th ranked BD is some challenge for India in India.

This garbage side has never made it to Super Six, SF level in any ODI World Cup. Even Kenya and ZIM have.
Well there is a saying in our local language that goes that even if you keep dog on the throne it won't leave it's ways of eating s***. So you can give all the money in the world, when they lack talent, ability, skills, humbleness to improve, nothing will come out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

True.

Pity for small and weak cricketing nations like Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Please send this memo to your countrymen instead of lecturing us here.

A big development
====

Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusinghe has been suspended following allegations he slapped a player at last year's ODI World Cup.

His contract will be terminated after 48 hours of suspension, with Phil Simmons to take over until next year's Champions Trophy

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has suspended Chandika Hathurusinghe as the head coach of the men's national team with immediate effect. The development comes after Bangladesh's disappointing tour of India where they were whitewashed in the Tests and T20Is by massive margins.
Former West Indies cricketer Phil Simmons, who has had coaching stints with Zimbabwe, Afghanistan and West Indies, has been named as the interim head coach with the contract set to run till the 2025 Champions Trophy.

A big development
====

Bangladesh head coach Chandika Hathurusinghe has been suspended following allegations he slapped a player at last year's ODI World Cup.

His contract will be terminated after 48 hours of suspension, with Phil Simmons to take over until next year's Champions Trophy
What! What type of a professional person employed as a coach of a cricket team would slap a player? If a player is being unprofessional and being an idiot, he would report it to the cricket board.

So slapping happened one year ago? Strange to take action for slapping after a year.

So slapping happened one year ago? Strange to take action for slapping after a year.

There has been a regime change.

Hathuru was elected during the previous regime. Folks under current regime don't seem to like Hathuru.

Anyway, no matter when it happens, slapping is never acceptable.

There has been a regime change.

Hathuru was elected during the previous regime. Folks under current regime don't seem to like Hathuru.

Anyway, no matter when it happens, slapping is never acceptable.
I have never heard anyone getting slapped by a coach at international level. He should have been sacked immediately.

West Indies former player Phill Simmons has replaced Hathuru as the next BD coach (interim coach).

He is the interim coach till CT 2025.

A big development
====

Wow, the Bangladeshi player & board took 9 months to realize Hathuru slapped a player?

Basically, it all boils down to severance package. His sacking was already a given in this new regime, but they probably decided to not pay him severance for early termination of contract by invoking misconduct charges.

Poor chap (Haturu) lost his sensibilities after seeing unruly beards around him in the dressing room... Couldnt survive in such an uncivilized environment.

Change of guard, the player must be die hard fanatic of the current ruling lot
Yeah I know the reason. But BD is such an incompetent country that it took them a whole year to act on a coach who literally slapped on of their player. Looks like their government and administration are as pathetic as their players

Back