"It'll not only be a big win for us but a tight slap in the face of BCCI": Shahid Afridi

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Shahid Afridi on Pakistan's World Cup participation:

"I don't understand why they [PCB] are so adamant and keep saying that we won't go to India. They need to simplify the situation and understand that an international cricket tournament is happening - take it rather positively; go and play. Tell your boys to get the trophy; the whole nation stands behind you. It'll not only be a big win for us but a tight slap in the face of BCCI"

"Go to India, play decent cricket and claim the win. This is it; we have only this option resorted to ourselves. We are supposed to go there, land back with the World Cup and give them a steer clear message that we can go anywhere and bag the victory"

First win then talk about it . Pakistan don't have any option but has to be participated in ICC world cup those were empty threat everyone knows that

Afridi is missing the point. In a sport, one team will win and one will lose. How and why would that be a slap on BCCI?

If India refuses to go to Pakistan for Asia Cup and CT 2025 but Pak team comes to India for World cup, it will be victory for BCCI irrespective of the match result.

Afridi has a point.

Instead of worrying about stuff we cannot effect, the best way to hit back is to win the tournament and then tell the world why Pakistan is needed.

Beast aka Lala once again proving he can make Indians tremble merely by uttering a few words.

A more enigmatic man has not roamed this earth. :aag

Hes right but no need to say tight slap. Fact is BCCI is just a pawn of the government and does what is the policy of the government. Fact is with the statements Sethi is not a good indication to the players. Its like when a student thinks his exam might be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances so he loses motivation to study. This is what could be happening with the Pakistani players now. Sethi should make a firm claim that regardless of what happens in the Asia Cup we will go ahead and play the World Cup and will put our best foot forward. But this constant bickering and media statements are frankly not good for the players.

It won't be a slap in the face of the BCCI by any means, but IF and that's a big IF, Pakistan win the WC in India I think that'll be huge for Pakistan because given the political history between the countries winning in the rival nation will be really huge... Same for India, it will be super special for us if we lift the WC in Pakistan.

Secondly, it will deeply hurt the indian fans... It's a fact that we do not want to lose to Pak, let alone see Pak winning the WC, It can result in a massive failure of next year's IPL as well, because fans will be disappointed with their international stars and won't care much about an internal league.

I personally thought last year's IPL was a failure overall as most fans were still hurt at losing to Pak in 2021 T20 WC.

If only winning a tournament was that simple!

Afridi, I like the passion, but a bit of reality wouldn’t go amiss. Even if you’re the best team in the tournament, you won’t necessarily win.

Let’s say we go out with a whimper in the group stages or even slightly later, what have we achieved?

You can’t base the decision about making a statement based on unlikely probabilities.

Shahid Afridi on Pakistan's World Cup participation:

"I don't understand why they [PCB] are so adamant and keep saying that we won't go to India. They need to simplify the situation and understand that an international cricket tournament is happening - take it rather positively; go and play. Tell your boys to get the trophy; the whole nation stands behind you. It'll not only be a big win for us but a tight slap in the face of BCCI"

"Go to India, play decent cricket and claim the win. This is it; we have only this option resorted to ourselves. We are supposed to go there, land back with the World Cup and give them a steer clear message that we can go anywhere and bag the victory"

Najam Sethi's reply to Shahid Afridi

"The decision to go for the World Cup is not Shahid Afridi's, nor is it Jay Shah's or mine. This decision belongs to the Indian government on their side and the Pakistani government on our side"

"If the Pakistani government says that our team can go and play the World Cup in India, then we will definitely go"

Shahid Afridi and the big talk, like always. Why put so much pressure on the team?

Just let the team go and enjoy their game. Playing a 50 over WC is huge. They should go and play cricket.

What we do not need is a chocker like Afridi giving statments about pak winning the cup etc.

Back