"Jason Gillespie motivated me a lot and asked me to stay positive and has always supported me": Khurram Shahzad

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Khurram Shahzad during the press conference post day-3 of 2nd Test Between Pakistan and Bangladesh:

About the pitch surface:

"The surface was a bit different and was helpful compared to the previous pitch. These phases keep going on, one session was good for us, we took early wickets, but unfortunately, their [Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Litton Das] partnership was well-built, so we had to struggle."

About his red ball cricket and maiden Test five-wicket haul:

"My effort is to play Test cricket for Pakistan for as long as possible and contribute to winning as many matches as I can."

About strategy to win the match:

"We always try to stay positive. I'm very hopeful that our batting lineup has the capacity to score a good total tomorrow, and our effort will be to bowl out the opponents. We will try to win the match."

About team's bowling strategy:

"As professional cricketers, we are always ready for every situation. When the ball swings, we get help. When it doesn't swing, we try to contain and not leak runs, and we try to make the batter make a mistake. So when their [Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Litton Das] partnership was built, we tried to do disciplined bowling."

About Babar Azam and other batters:

"Yes, I'm very hopeful that Babar Azam will score runs too, and I believe in my entire batting lineup that they will set a good total tomorrow. Our effort will be to move towards winning the match."

About his bowling rhythm:

"It's the beauty of Test cricket. Momentum always changes. Initially, we got six early wickets, and there was no tiredness. It's the beauty of the game that they [Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Litton Das] built a good partnership. We tried our best to break that partnership, but it's just part of the game."

About role of red ball head coach Jason Gillespie in his performance:

"Yes, credit goes to him. He motivated me a lot and asked me to stay positive and always supported me. I definitely had support from him."

About him being a night watchman:

"As a night watchman, I have done it many times before. It was a requirement of the team, and I was ready for it. I tried to survive, but unfortunately, I got bowled."

Khurram Shahzad is certainly a better speaker than other team mates except Shan Masood, and I think he can handle a lot of press conferences for Pakistan in the future. He handles the media very professionally and gets straight to the point

Khurram Shahzad is certainly a better speaker than other team mates except Shan Masood, and I think he can handle a lot of press conferences for Pakistan in the future. He handles the media very professionally and gets straight to the point

He also has a very good attitude.

No wild or cringy celebration. No arrogance. Seems like a genuinely humble and hardworking bloke.

He has something about him. If some of our quicker bowlers could get their act together, it would be a decent attack with Khurram

He has something about him. If some of our quicker bowlers could get their act together, it would be a decent attack with Khurram
Shan is an idiot, made the guy bowl beyond his expiry. Does Shan have any idea how dangerous it is to bowl a pacer in test for that many overs in a row?

It's not this guys fault that the rest of the lot is clueless and can botch 26-6

Last edited by a moderator:
Shan is a moron, made the guy bowl beyond his expiry. Does Shan have any idea how dangerous it is to bowl a pacer in test for that many overs in a row?

It's not this guys fault that the rest of the lot is clueless and can botch 26-6
Inexperienced captains do that. Rameez did the same with Shoaib and Zahid vs Australia in 1998. It went a long way towards putting the nail in the coffin for Zahid who had already recovered from one back injury

Imagine being blessed with not one but two express bowlers in your team and you treat them like medium pacers making them bowl lengthy spells.

But then he is the “smart operator”

Inexperienced captains do that. Rameez did the same with Shoaib and Zahid vs Australia in 1998. It went a long way towards putting the nail in the coffin for Zahid who had already recovered from one back injury

Imagine being blessed with not one but two express bowlers in your team and you treat them like medium pacers making them bowl lengthy spells.

But Shan isn't suppose to be inexperienced.

Rameez didn't have the luxury of captaining various English county leagues like shan has.

Shan has captained for KK, for Yorkshire, and various domestic leagues both international and local fc and list A?

Him making such a mistake is inexcusable. Even in Yorkshire someone had to have told him not to waste and overburn pacers?

Rameez played his last international match in 1997.

Khurram is an intelligent bowler and he can serve well for this team. The only issue is his fitness. 2 series for him so far and in his very 1st series he was completely out and in his 2nd series, he had something as well.

Bowling long spells comes with experience and hard work and I think he should be able to bowl 10 overs at least in 1 spell with the same pace.

Back