Just to clarify...

King_Rizzy

PPCL Hall of Famer
Runs
I stated this a ton of times:

WHEN THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPENS WE ARE GOING BY THE TIME THAT HAS BEEN LINKED IN THE OPENING POST OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW THREAD WHERE IT SAYS THE TIME AT WHICH THE TRANSFER WINDOW OPENS AND CLOSES, TOWARDS THE BOTTOM OF THE POST IN RED WRITING.

Here is the link again:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time/scripts/clock-8/runner.php

Some people are saying it says 4:59pm on some posts. I DON'T CARE WHAT TIME IT SAYS ON THE POST. THE PP TIME IS BEHIND (even if it 2 seconds). THE PP TIME IS NOT THE TIME WE WERE GOING BY, WE WERE GOING BY THE TIME IN THE LINK. I said it soooo many times that we're going by the time in the link, not any other time, so don't complain.

Other people are saying that how can you be so sure then that them people who's time is 4:59pm posted at the right time given on the link, it could've been 30 seconds before or longer? Well here's a post I made in the transfer thread:

To make you understand...

I had 3 windows open (not tabs, but windows, all 3 side by side). One was the time which I linked everyone to. Two windows were the transfer window thread. I refreshed one of the transfer thread windows around 3 seconds before the clock hit 5pm. It only takes 2 seconds (maybe even less for the page to reload). With 1 second remaining there were no posts yet with people claiming their players. I had already pasted by my post in the other window for when the window opens. So all I did was a second later when the clock hit 5pm, I pressed the post button. Simple.

This way I know nobody posted before the 5pm time.

Tomorrow we are using the same system and the same time in that link which is above, so I shouldn't get anyone moaning tomorrow.

Thanks.

most of the managers haven't read the first post of the transfer thread. It has all the information.
Looks like we are dealing with young kids and have to give them information about everything in a separate thread.

:14:

Sour grapes and now "young kids".

I didn't join the competition to get made fun of.

The ruling is 1 player per 24 hours. Is this from the time of the transaction or 5 PM GMT?

This sour grape wishes to know.

The ruling is 1 player per 24 hours. Is this from the time of the transaction or 5 PM GMT?

This sour grape wishes to know.

My understanding is from the time of the transaction so the fun starts again 5pm tomorrow (or rather 4:59 :yk )

you can pick after exactly 24 hours of your previous pick. So if its 5pm yesterday then you have to pick on 5pm today, not before that.

You originally posted at 5pm, there was a confusion (understandably so) and I think it is only fair you can pick at 5pm again, though KR or Ibad will need to clarify

:))

You really think they were going to let me do that?

Ibad clarified in the transfer thread that it's 24 hours after your pick, which is how we've always done it.

EDIT: Also been clarified in the post #12 in this thread by Ibad.

Would have made more sense to allow one pick in between 5 PM to 5 PM (the next day). This way the best available free players don't keep going to the same few.

I guarantee if I did that, someone else would start moaning that it's not fair he only just picked x time ago and he gets to pick again.

I understand, but that person would already have picked a lower quality player.

Example...

Manager A (picks at 5PM): Gotze and Maxwell

Manager B (picks at 10 PM) Arfa and Carragher

I would rather be Manager A than Manager B. Wouldn't you?

It does mean if you were late to the party on Day 1 you carry on getting kicked in the nuts for the next 3 days

It does mean if you were late to the party on Day 1 you carry on getting kicked in the nuts for the next 3 days

Well every manger was told about the window a week before it actually happened, everyone knew about the time.

The mangers that cared were there at 5pm one way or another. We made sure we were free at the time so we can make our picks.

Last edited:
Well every manger was told about the window a week before it actually happened, everyone knew about the time.

The mangers that cared were there at 5pm one way or another. We made sure we were free at the time so we can make our picks.

I am not suggesting the info wasn't clear of provided in advance

I just think it is harsh to punish someone for the 3 days following for not being able to log onto the site on time on the first day (some people are in different time zones and also there are more important things in life)

GA has a point but this might have been the only option for IBAD and KR!

What if the person cared, but couldn't make it? :))

It's kind of like looking at Murphy's situation.

He had a commitment with his daughter. He was fully aware of the timing, but real life caught up with him.

Just for having a real family to take care of, he's now punished in the game. It's unnecessary and punishing. Add to the fact, we are all in varying time zones.

Last edited:
As I stated before somewhere, we didn't have a problem with this on the other forum we ran this on, nobody really complained about it. We had people from Australia, UK, US, Canada part of the competition, and it wasn't the same old people either, new manager's kept coming in and out, of whom none complained either. The system worked.

I think here it's been given this much attention because KU didn't get his initial pick as someone else beat him to it fairly, he started moaning about it and the rest is history.

Why wasn't the issue raised before the opening of the transfer window?

As I stated before somewhere, we didn't have a problem with this on the other forum we ran this on, nobody really complained about it. We had people from Australia, UK, US, Canada part of the competition, and it wasn't the same old people either, new manager's kept coming in and out, of whom none complained either. The system worked.

I think here it's been given this much attention because KU didn't get his initial pick as someone else beat him to it fairly, he started moaning about it and the rest is history.

Again I think you are being unfair towards KU since I got my first picks on both occasions yet I also "moaned"

I think people were somewhat unsure about the whole situation and were more excited about the transfer to fully understand

The rules were in place from the start and that is fine BUT I do think it is unfair to punish someone for 3 days because they could not come online on the first day, a fairer system would be simply you can make a signing from 5pm (GMT) on each day (just my 2 pennies worth)

I clearly showed how it won't work. Would have made sense, if I wasn't providing examples.

Post #17 clearly explains the issues with the rule. We are all here on PP, so keep things here instead of diverting issues to past history.

Moaning?

While, I found the Robben ruling a joke, I moved on. Although, you two were/and seems still are taking pot shots at me.

My concerns for this '24 hours' rule are not echoed only by myself. GA also agrees, as seen above by his posts.

Sorry, we are not paid lawyers for your tournament.

We learn as we go and found this wrinkle in the rules now.

2 people out of 24...If the minority ruled things, Rangers would be allowed to play in SPL next season :))

Back