Kits/Bags/Holdalls discussion thread

aussiejake

Debutant
Runs
A lot of talk about most aspects of a cricket players gear, but haven't seen one on kit bags for a while.

After a new bag for next season in Australia, anyone got any reviews, cheap deals (to Australia :)) or thoughts?

Gray Nicolls Players Bag looks ridiculously nice: http://www.cricketbestbuy.com/Gray-Nicolls Players Cricket Bag

I also like the look of the SG Pro Pak Bag: http://www.cricketershop.com/products/sg-pro-pak-cricket-kit-bag-(large-size-with-wheels)

SS Matrix Bag is cheap, not sure about the quality though.

Discuss.

I wanna buy a SG Kit Bag because My current one literally sucks....:9:.

The reason that I want to buy SG Kit Bag because as far as I have noticed they pay a lot of attention to Quality....:D

Not sure if I can get one of those SG bags in BD though...:29:

Last edited:
SG kit bags are okay. I have a SG Maxipak- the big version of it. It does the job. But the problem with SG, CA and other Asian kit bags is the fact that the zippers tend to go at the first excuse. I would invest in a GM myself--- the Original Wheelie is a good bag and is designed better and looks like it will last longer, though even that is made in India I think...lol.

SG kit bags are okay. I have a SG Maxipak- the big version of it. It does the job. But the problem with SG, CA and other Asian kit bags is the fact that the zippers tend to go at the first excuse. I would invest in a GM myself--- the Original Wheelie is a good bag and is designed better and looks like it will last longer, though even that is made in India I think...lol.

How long did it take for your zippers to wear out? ;-)

I'm a duffle bag guy myself. Much easier to carry than wheelies for me.

Easier than pulling a kit bag on wheels? Duffle's are much smaller too, no?

But the problem with SG, CA and other Asian kit bags is the fact that the zippers tend to go at the first excuse. I would invest in a GM myself

That's a shame to hear, as they are much cheaper than the 'big brand' bags. Might have to give getting a new bag a miss this season, as I'm keen for getting a whole new kit too. My older Gray Nicolls Fusion bag will have to make do.

They were always under tremendous pressure :))

How is school treating you? What happened to the promised net session video of Hashim and you?? :D

School sucks as usual...Try to skip school as many times as I can...:D

I told Hashim about the video shootout many times but he is just not
agreeing....:9:

Don't worry I will try my best to convince him...:19:

Hashim!! :pissed::pissed::pissed:

Ragchi!! :pissed:

BTW, very good performance from Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. :D

Hashim!! :pissed::pissed::pissed:

Ragchi!! :pissed:

BTW, very good performance from Bangladesh in the Asia Cup. :D

:)))

Thanx! :19:

But...BD lost the finals to Pakistan by only 2 runs...:9:

Have to say,well played BD..:14: & Pak 2...:48:

Back to Topic:How old is your SG kit bag?When did you buy it?

It is about a season old. I have a GM Original L.E Wheelie too but it is not the duplex version. CD has the duplex version. The difference in quality is quite apparent. However the SG is much cheaper.

It is about a season old. I have a GM Original L.E Wheelie too but it is not the duplex version. CD has the duplex version. The difference in quality is quite apparent. However the SG is much cheaper.

Ow...:13:

Wats up with CD bro? Don't see him anymore...:20:

CD is taking a break. Anyway, I blame Hashim for that one as well....CD was disappointed that he did not make a video.

CD is taking a break. Anyway, I blame Hashim for that one as well....CD was disappointed that he did not make a video.

Haha! :)))

Right now Hashim is enjoying a trip to his nanibari...:pissed:..

Called him,no answer.....Hopefully within this month I will try to shoot & upload the vids...

Last edited:
Ended up getting the Albion Elite Wheelie Bag:

product_img_elite_wheelie_navy.png

http://www.albioncricket.com/elitewheelie_prodpage.html

Huge bag, awesome quality and got it for a decent price.

Back