Laminate Bats, do they still exist?

EaglesCC

Debutant
Runs
I heard a lot about these but never got to try one. Yes, I know they’re not legal but I would be interested to know if they’re still about?

CA Gel? Also heard CA 9000 is a laminate? Is this true?

Any other manufactures?

I heard a lot about these but never got to try one. Yes, I know they’re not legal but I would be interested to know if they’re still about?

Any other manufactures?
Malik ones are the best as he is the one who started making Laminated bats. Plz email me and i'll point you where to buy if u r interested.

Regards

Asad

Salaam Asad, yes please. Also, want to know about any specific ones which are all laminated. i.e. a particular bat range?

CA Gel and CA 9000 are laminated.

MB Malik makes laminated in all really like Sher Amin [see a recent Sher Amin being reviewed on PakPassion, it is laminated], Bubber Sher and even MB LE.

In Pakistan they say ''double wood'' to laminated bats.

I haven't seen AM or Ihsan laminated bats, Asad Bhai do they make them?

CA Gel and CA 9000 are laminated.

MB Malik makes laminated in all really like Sher Amin [see a recent Sher Amin being reviewed on PakPassion, it is laminated], Bubber Sher and even MB LE.

In Pakistan they say ''double wood'' to laminated bats.

I haven't seen AM or Ihsan laminated bats, Asad Bhai do they make them?
Uzair is correct regarding the MB , i have MB LE laminated bats and they are huge.
AM do make laminated bats and have come up a new way of joining the 2 willows together, i'll see if i can post pics of some of their laminated bats.

Regards

Asad

I would be interested in seeing pictures of both AM and MB LE laminated bat pictures Asad Bhai stick them up soon! :D ;-)

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• Laminated_1.jpg
    Laminated_1.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 464
  • Laminated_2.jpg
    Laminated_2.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 452
  • Laminated_3.jpg
    Laminated_3.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 436
The second from right looks similar to Tim Keeley laminated that I have seen, performance based.

Any other manufactures?

sorry for my ignorance ... I assume Laminated Bats are not legal as they can out perform the normal williow bat, right? ... then why they are being manufactured (there must be substantial market for them) ... :20:

and if you know that batsman has a such bat; would you go to the umpire?

they're manufactured but not marketed as laminates. i.e. 'apparently' people do still use them.

I'm not sure it would be accurate to say they perform better as they is no evidence of this.

what I would like to know however is how they can be made so light considering they're so big? is the wood at the back of the bat considerably lighter than the normal willow use?

Yeah I was talking with a cricket dealer in Pindi and he said Misbah, Akmal bros, Malik etc, still use 'two piece bats'. Now I don't know if that means laminated or something else?

they're manufactured but not marketed as laminates. i.e. 'apparently' people do still use them.

I'm not sure it would be accurate to say they perform better as they is no evidence of this.

what I would like to know however is how they can be made so light considering they're so big? is the wood at the back of the bat considerably lighter than the normal willow use?

There must be a logical reason behind them not being legal?

I say if they can have more meat with lightest possible weight; that is an advantage vs the natural williow; hence better performance !

This was the same thing with Carbon reinforced handles when they were banned.

Considering there are so many more factors that determine a batsmans performance, I can't see how you can quantify that a laminated bat provides better performance from the batsman.

Does batting with a bigger lighter bat inspire more confidence?! Yes, it probably does. Does better confidence lead to more runs, possibily.

Personally I dont see the problem with laminated bats. If they're available to all batsmen then surely it's a level playing field. So what's the problem?

Those bats look huge. And pretty cool. As I understand it, they're not stickers it's almost like transfers onto the wood. I wonder if that's so they cant be peeled to check? ;)

I'll come back to my question again, what is the reason behind them not bein legal.

Law 6.4(b) states: “The blade shall consist solely of wood.” It is the ruling of MCC, in consultation with ICC, that the use of adhesives in laminated cricket bats contravenes this Law. Adhesives are allowed in the splice area for joining the handle to the blade and are also allowed, in Type B & C bats, for securing toe and side inserts. Apart from in those specific areas, or for repairs to damaged bats, no adhesives may be used in the blade. MCC has conducted research into this area, which concluded that a bat’s performance could be enhanced by lamination. For clarification, lamination is when at least two pieces of wood are glued together to form the blade. It is the glue used in this process that means that the blade does not “consist solely of wood.”

The MCC have to keep the balance between bat and ball. If they let laminates be used then there are other ways in which you can increase performance too.

A laminate increases performance by placing a thin hard layer of wood over a softer layer, creating a trampoline type effect.

The MCC have to keep the balance between bat and ball. If they let laminates be used then there are other ways in which you can increase performance too.

A laminate increases performance by placing a thin hard layer of wood over a softer layer, creating a trampoline type effect.

Thas quite clear, thanks :)

So what happens if a player is caught using such bat? (at least on international level) ... and from the same thread seems some of them might be using such bats !

In theory the player could be fined or banned. The company producing them could have their bats banned from use in international or cricket board regulated games.

Yeah I was talking with a cricket dealer in Pindi and he said Misbah, Akmal bros, Malik etc, still use 'two piece bats'. Now I don't know if that means laminated or something else?

I'm pretty sure he said they only use them in Domestic T20's etc, but still...:danish

I saw Akmal brothers bats when I was in Pakistan and there bats were GM bats, the shop keeper is definitely not stating the truth. Same thing with Misbah he uses CA/AS bats not sure about Malik but I doubt any of these players use them in international matches.

In domestic they probably do as Akmal brothers use local bats.

Two piece means laminated in Pakistan.

This was the same thing with Carbon reinforced handles when they were banned.

Considering there are so many more factors that determine a batsmans performance, I can't see how you can quantify that a laminated bat provides better performance from the batsman.

Does batting with a bigger lighter bat inspire more confidence?! Yes, it probably does. Does better confidence lead to more runs, possibily.

Personally I dont see the problem with laminated bats. If they're available to all batsmen then surely it's a level playing field. So what's the problem?

Carbon reinforced handles give a bigger bat because the handle is lighter than regular handle which gives more wood on the blade.

The more confident you are there are more chances of you doing better.

Powerplay, shorter boundaries etc everything is in favour of batsman thesedays if a laminated bat is allowed then they will get everything in there way which is not fair I would say.

Those bats look huge. And pretty cool. As I understand it, they're not stickers it's almost like transfers onto the wood. I wonder if that's so they cant be peeled to check? ;)

MB LEs are painted/stamped and on top of that it has a wax coating. If you apply a scuff sheet on the whole bat face then its fine but if you don't apply any scuff sheet the painting comes off.

Uzair Bahi ... Have you got any Laminated bat in your collection? :)

I am quite tempted to get one next time I go to Lahore ... any recommendations for Laminated one? :D

Nahi yaar I don't have any in my collection yet, was tempted for a Tim Keeley Laminated in Sachin shape but it was a bit out of my budget, I am trying to not spend my money on anything as I am going for a Screaming Cat.

I am sure in Lahore Millet Sports will have them.

Nahi yaar I don't have any in my collection yet, was tempted for a Tim Keeley Laminated in Sachin shape but it was a bit out of my budget, I am trying to not spend my money on anything as I am going for a Screaming Cat.

I am sure in Lahore Millet Sports will have them.

I am trying to keep SC out of my mind mate ... Too excited, actually :D

I was referring to which laminated bat to get?

Hahaha LOL :)) I hope you are not disappointed with it! Don't forget to review it here!

Yaar Asad Bhai knows obviously more than us and he says MB Malik laminates are one of the best in the world, so I would suggest you those.

Have you been to Millat Sports in Lahore?

Hahaha LOL :)) I hope you are not disappointed with it! Don't forget to review it here!

Yaar Asad Bhai knows obviously more than us and he says MB Malik laminates are one of the best in the world, so I would suggest you those.

Have you been to Millat Sports in Lahore?

Anxiety ... Excitement ... Fear: all in one :D

Nope haven't been to Millat Sports; next trip inshallah will go

Back