Last chance saloon: Will Shan Masood survive another home series loss?

Will Shan Masood Survive Another Home Series Loss

• Total voters

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The stage is set for a crucial showdown as Pakistan, under the captaincy of Shan Masood, prepares to face England in a 3-match Test series on home soil. Masood's leadership has been under intense scrutiny following five consecutive Test losses, including a shocking 2-0 series defeat against Bangladesh in August.

Pakistan's dismal performance has raised questions about Masood's ability to lead the team. Since taking over as skipper in November, replacing Babar Azam, Masood's record has been bleak – five losses in five Tests, including a 3-0 drubbing in Australia. The pressure is mounting, and another series loss at home could spell disaster for Masood's captaincy.

The upcoming series against England, starting in Multan, presents a daunting challenge. Pakistan has historically struggled against England, including a 2-0 series loss in 2022. With England's strong lineup and Pakistan's recent struggles, the odds are stacked against Masood's team.

The way he is performing as a batter honestly speaking i wasnt in the favor to give him another chance but one thing is certain now, if he fails again he wont be able to retain his captaincy.

Last edited:
i think they should try Saud Shakeel as a captain against SA series.. i am sure he will be a better choice compared to shan masood.
I think Shan is under contract, I think he can't ve removed until sa assignment is completed.

Shan also comes from a privileged family so I don't think they'll remove him till then to avoid legal issues.

Even Babar tried to secure a contract till 2025 but willingly stepped down after heat.

I don't think it's a case of choosing and removing on a whim.

So yes I think it's till sa series

Series losses were happening under Babar also. What does PCB hope to do though?

Shan should be replaced but results won't change much, if at all.

I think Shan is under contract, I think he can't ve removed until sa assignment is completed.

Shan also comes from a privileged family so I don't think they'll remove him till then to avoid legal issues.

Even Babar tried to secure a contract till 2025 but willingly stepped down after heat.

I don't think it's a case of choosing and removing on a whim.

So yes I think it's till sa series
It's a disgrace for Pakistan that a player who can't even retain his place in the team has been given the captaincy.

Why doesn't PCB make this role performance based... give leadership only to those who perform consistently? You'll see that everyone will start performing just to earn the captaincy as it seems no one is interested in playing for the pride of the country anymore.

I am just concerned about performance not captaincy. Performance is holding back chances to Kamran Ghulam, Hurraira, etc.

With this 100, all talk of Shan removal has now been pushed to past end of this year

Looks pretty difficult for Pakistan can save this home series but I am sure that Shan will survive as a captain.

No chance of him being saved. Will be the First captain to lose all his test matches and then be booted out of the team.

Now that he’s selected as a batsman and appointed as a captain we should just stick with him. This merry go round of changing captains, coaches and officials constantly is playing havoc with Pakistan cricket. Not everybody can perform all the time so just be patient. The biggest concern right now is how to pick up 20 wickets on very flat wickets and shans captaincy is not to blame for that.

Poor Shan, may had to bid farewell to his captaincy soon. Although being a batsman, you can't do anything about your team's bowling.

0-8 captaincy record incoming. He's done and dusted.

No point in Shan being captain if he is going to be so dependent on consulting Sarfaraz, Babar, Rizwan.

What can be do when the bowlers are out of form/incompetent?

Question is do we have replacements from our domestic cricket? The likes of Mir Hamza, Shehzad are useless on flat wickets and with the older ball.

Do YOu think Shan is competent and he deserves to be sitting on the captaincy chair??
Shan is the biggest rubbish in his team, all he does is scream, Shout and consult others when he's clueless, can't take a stand.

The light of more chances for Shan is going dim with each passing over now.

I hope the light is switched off after this series.

I don't think he'll survive this Test match if Pakistan loses. All depends on this Test match's result.

If it ends in a draw then all will be brushed. But if Pakistan loses this one then they won't be able to make the flat pitch argument.

Shan should get ready to resign after this game. No point in him staying there as a captain. He should retire.

Shan should get ready to resign after this game. No point in him staying there as a captain. He should retire.
What exactly does that solve? This bowling line up is incapable of 20 wickets and the batsmen especially the middle order is fragile and inconsistent. What does a captaincy change achieve?

Poor chap probably gets sacked after this.

I think its the right time to sack him if we lose. Rizwan or Saud should lead the test team.

It's not about survival. He is thriving. Chirping around the field and in pressers, speaking up Math, Physics, Chemistry anologies.

I believe Shan is having a proud time in his life, which was only possible in Pakistan.

Pak cricket is a sinking ship. Doesnt matter who the skipper is now.
I don't think blaming 1 or 2 individuals for the entire mess is the right way to look at it
I think it is.

It was you guys who told us Babar and Rizwan are everything. We’ve been told this lie for 5 years now. Well now pay up!!

I think it is.

It was you guys who told us Babar and Rizwan are everything. We’ve been told this lie for 5 years now. Well now pay up!!
I never told that to anyone.
A player is as good his current form. Babar and Rizwan have lost it.
But in the past they have been good for us no one can dispute that

I never told that to anyone.
A player is as good his current form. Babar and Rizwan have lost it.
But in the past they have been good for us no one can dispute that
You did say captain Azam will do what he wants didnt you???

I think it is.

Brother, I love you as a poster.

But we both know multiple people over here have amnesia.

No disrespect to @Ahmed216 and I'm sure he won't do it, but ik many and many posters who'll forget that this ever happened and very next game it'll be king karlei ga or rizwan is a goat.

Logically the lie should have been made clear in 2022. Not dragged on till 2024.

That was part of the banter.
I do not support a player blindly. No one in the side is my relative
Banter for what?

A player destroying the career and mental well being of another cricketer by backstabbing him for captaincy? You were celebrating this?

Banter for what?

A player destroying the career and mental well being of another cricketer by backstabbing him for captaincy? You were celebrating this?
It was around batting order. Nothing to do with captaincy issues.
I do not believe in conspiracy theories or things I can't verify on my own.

It was around batting order. Nothing to do with captaincy issues.
I do not believe in conspiracy theories or things I can't verify on my own.
You know exactly what you were mocking. You knew exactly the turbulent situation of Pakistan cricket and the way some fans have Extreme issues with the way things were being run to accomadate 2-3 players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar has been idolised by people along with rizwan by people who share your viewpoint and that number is in the tens to 1000's. It's actually in the 100 Millions.

If the viewpoint of the nation wasn't to overglorify these 2 like ramiz did, then none of this would have happened.

Regardless, not all their fault. As I said damage has been done at grassroot level. Misbah culture being inspired by SNGPL, followed by the entire culture of cricket being nepotism and selection is warranted on averages and not sr.

No attempt to smack a 400 or 450 in a phatta league etc etc.

Constant phatta tracks to glorify averages for softies only to realise England and every side just beats Pakistan in their own game and den.

Lots of issues. But it started with Misbah, Rizwan, Babar and chacha first.

Their the founders.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like we will lose this Test after posting 556 in the first innings. Shan made 150 in the first innings but still, his average has fallen below 30 again...

He also played some terrible strokes in the 2nd innings.

The way we have lost from really strong positions (MCG Test, 2 games against Bangladesh, this Test against England) is shocking. I can't see Shan surviving if we lose this series.

I don't think we have quality players in our team. Even if Riz becomes the captain, we will likely lose to South Africa. And then we will be after his head too.

Whoever takes the captaincy after Shan will end up being sacked quickly too.

I had already predicted that he wouldn’t score any more runs after the 150 he scored in the first innings. That innings was just to save his captaincy, and he probably will because u can expect any sort of stupidity from PCB.

What I know for sure is, anyone you recommend should not be anything let alone captain 🤡
So you still don’t have the courage to name your captain? I thought so.

So you still don’t have the courage to name your captain? I thought so.
It really doesn’t matter who I think. What does matter is that people should know that your recommendations are a disaster. Why? Because you don’t even know what you want in the first place. Today you will say Rizwan, a few months down the line you will hate the same team/players/management that you are supporting now.

Can we trust a bipolar cricket analyst? Naaa

Changing captains won't make any difference to a team with a minnow mentality and minnow bowling attack.

This might come across as controversial but I suggest we stick with Shan Masood until he retires.

It really doesn’t matter who I think. What does matter is that people should know that your recommendations are a disaster. Why? Because you don’t even know what you want in the first place. Today you will say Rizwan, a few months down the line you will hate the same team/players/management that you are supporting now.

Can we trust a bipolar cricket analyst? Naaa
So who should be captain?

If Shan Masood resigns/sacked, I would opt for Fakhar Zaman as our next captain. He's more than good enough to play for this trash team.

Pakistan need to drop Babar and Saim Ayub. There's only so long you can keep your place in the side on the basis of "reputation".

If Shan Masood resigns/sacked, I would opt for Fakhar Zaman as our next captain. He's more than good enough to play for this trash team.

Pakistan need to drop Babar and Saim Ayub. There's only so long you can keep your place in the side on the basis of "reputation".
Rizwan needs to be sent back to whatever league he played with his mates Khushdil and Iftikhar as well. Pakistan cricket was never this crap until this group of journeymen found their way into the team.

Shans captaincy and individual approach ( albeit not overly successful) has really been on the highlights of Pakistan's matches recently.

Let's be honest. Yes Shan is not a great playe. But if Babar, Rizwan, Abdullah and Saim embodied some of the Shan philosophy they would be better than they are now. Without a doubt.

Rizwan needs to be sent back to whatever league he played with his mates Khushdil and Iftikhar as well. Pakistan cricket was never this crap until this group of journeymen found their way into the team.
Rizwan is so lucky that he played for a rock bottom Pakistan side. His non-existent offside game would've been brutally exposed in yesteryears.

Rizwan is so lucky that he played for a rock bottom Pakistan side. His non-existent offside game would've been brutally exposed in yesteryears.
I find it astonishing to see there are A LOT of people who see him as a world class bat. Just goes to show how the standards of viewing cricket have dropped as much as the standards of its team. Check the idiots who are convinced that he should be the all format captain.

I back Shan Masood for one particular reason. This guy doesn't adhere to the meek and defensive brand of cricket that Misbah has plagued Pakistan cricket with over the last 10-15 years.

His execution with the bat is mediocre but his approach his refreshing and you can clearly see he leads by example. He's not the best but we're not spoilt for choice when it comes to leaders in this side. I feel Shan is someone we need, who can reverse some of the damage that Misbah did to Pakistan cricket.

I find it astonishing to see there are A LOT of people who see him as a world class bat. Just goes to show how the standards of viewing cricket have dropped as much as the standards of its team. Check the idiots who are convinced that he should be the all format captain.

The worst thing about him is that he's more obsessed about portraying this image of being a saint. There's a reason why PCB (up until now) are reluctant for him to captain the side and it's because they know he's a politician/shady individual, who doesn't represent best interests of Pakistan cricket due to his links with Saya Corp.

Kane Williamson and Joe Root have both played under Shan Masood's captaincy at Yorkshire and they've said on record he's a wonderful leader. The fault doesn't lie with him,the fault lies with the mediocre players he has at his disposal. You cannot win games of cricket like that.

How many matches can Fakhar Zaman the test captain win?

I agree Masoods approach is refreshing but you live or die by tye sword. Ultimately results are the only thing that matters..

Our bowlers simply lack the skill set to take 20 wickets on any pitch regardless who is captain…

Shan should be booted into oblivion.

This whole narrative of positive pak cricket is laughable.

I have seen his defensive captaincy, England were bazzballing into oblivion and yet this doofus still could not put fielders back or have the intelligence to do so. No one faults him for the rubbish bowling he has

But I do fault him for turning a winning KK league into the worst team in psl, as well as the fact all he does is scream, Shout, cry and let others like babar, Rizwan, Sarfaraz captain for him when he himself has no clue.

His stupid antics in Australia fooled everyone including myself but Bangladesh exposed this fraud. I genuinely believed that he went from KK to a good Mike breadley captain but that isn't the case. He is genuinely even worse them Babar as a captain and it's hilarious because I didn't think such a specimen was possible.

This whole he bats positively is a farce since all he does Is ground the bat for runs and captilise on rubbish bowling. Where was his goat aggression yesterday where he played slow as molasses and got out?

Imam ul haq has an aggressive 150 against England dealing with much superior bowlers which was his outlier innings, it was far superior to sham but does that mean we shpuld start doing bhramgra over Imam? Right after that innings and just like shan they both went back to their rubbish ways.

A captain who's 0-6 in international

A captain who collapsed KK into oblivion

A captain who cannot take a stand and let's others captain for him

A medicore nepo rubbish with am avg below 30 despite playing 10 years of test cricket

The support that he's gotten had made me lose alot of respect for some posters who I thought were intelligent.

Shan doesn't represent karachi, him being of karachi origin means nothing when this fraud was booted out of his UK university or dropped out for a better term and lost his Durham cricket connections.

A guy who got booted from England will soon get booted from the team despite his nepo connections.

A loser from every angle and those posters who supported him are bigger losers. You all deserve this 0-6 Hulk Hogan streak.

How many matches can Fakhar Zaman the test captain win?

I don't think it would make any difference due to this minnow bowling attack and also because of the minnow mentality prevalent throughout the team. My default position is to retain Shan as captain until we find someone suitable to replace him. But if he's going to resign or get axed, then I would recommend Fakhar Zaman as Pakistan's next test captain.

Former Pakistan cricketer, Basit Ali said on his YouTube channel:

"You became secure after the first innings, thinking that you have confirmed your place."

"Even I can score runs on such a pitch, and that too without a helmet. Just admit that your captaincy was bad. You don't deserve to be the captain."

Looks like Shan finally going to have a win under his belt. Can he save the series though???

Rawalpindi could be another flat track that can support england players more.

Shan, what are you gonna do brother??

Alpha Masood

Attachments

• FEBC8FC6-1286-4834-B5A5-749D7A3682FA.jpeg
    FEBC8FC6-1286-4834-B5A5-749D7A3682FA.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 3
Back