MAHABHARATA - Discussion Thread

I remember there being a serial on it that was shown on ZEE TV in my childhood . I used to watch it a lot , was quite amused by the powerful one-hit kill arrows and a 10,000 head snake demon * if I remember correctly * .

You could say , it kinda sparked my interest in anime such as DBZ/Naruto etc.

Last edited:
Thor= Indra, most coward god of lightning,thunder and rain

It is quite fascinating to know how in those times, the entire south India is considered to be either Raskshasas (Demons) or Pisachas (Bad Jinns) etc etc.

Sadly thats true. Hindu mythology is racist towards South Indians and Lankans. In Ramayana i guess the Lankans are clearly referred to as ugly barbarians, at least the tv series showed them as such. But then, those were the times everyone was openly racist. I mean just some 100 years ago, the world was pretty openly racist and we're talking about 300 years old people.

There can be some truth to those stories. But for sure over centuries, a lot of exaggeration might have crept into the description of each of those characters.

It is quite fascinating to know how in those times, the entire south India is considered to be either Raskshasas (Demons) or Pisachas (Bad Jinns) etc etc.

Add Maharshtra to that they r called as pishash in Mahabharta

I remember there being a serial on it that was shown on ZEE TV in my childhood . I used to watch it a lot , was quite amused powerful one-hit kill arrows and a 10,000 head snake demon * if I remember correctly * .

You could say , it kinda sparked my interest in anime such as DBZ/Naruto etc.

You should really watch Ramanand Sagar's Ramayna or B R Chopra's Mahabharat episodes from youtube. You'll forget about Naruto or Avengers or Justice league. They'll seem bland before them.

Thor= Indra, most coward god of lightning,thunder and rain

Indra was the supreme God. He is the king of Gods initially.

Over time, with the spread of Sanatana Dharma into the far far lands of India, the prominence of Gods like Vishnu, Shiva (Rudra) has increased. Indra was depicted as a cowardly man who routinely loses battles with Asuras (Raskhasas).

Over time, with the spread of Sanatana Dharma into the far far lands of India, the prominence of Gods like Vishnu, Shiva (Rudra) has increased. Indra was depicted as a cowardly man who routinely loses battles with Asuras (Raskhasas).

He is supreme god in vedic period

Sadly thats true. Hindu mythology is racist towards South Indians and Lankans. In Ramayana i guess the Lankans are clearly referred to as ugly barbarians, at least the tv series showed them as such. But then, those were the times everyone was openly racist. I mean just some 100 years ago, the world was pretty openly racist and we're talking about 300 years old people.

Lanka was described as the most beautifull place on earth after Heaven actually. It was made for lord Shiva. Shiva gave lanka to Ravana cause Shiva was moved by his devotion.

Lanka's palace was made of pure gold lol.

Lanka was described as the most beautifull place on earth after Heaven actually. It was made for lord Shiva. Shiva gave lanka to Ravana cause Shiva was moved by his devotion.

Agreed.

While Lankans were called Rakshasas, Lanka itself is described as one of the most beautiful places on earth in Ramayana.

I am talking about Lankans bro. Have you seen how they're portrayed in Ramayana? :l

Actually Shiva ,Vishnu were Dravidian gods initially as told by Hindu historians. Later they were introduced tothe Aryans.

Most ironic think is that most shivaits leave in South India/below vindhyas though shiva leaves in Kashmir
While most vaishnvas leaves in North India while vishnu leaves in Indian ocean
:))

I am talking about Lankans bro. Have you seen how they're portrayed in Ramayana? :l

There were no original lankans mate. When Ravana became the king of lanka he brought Rakshasas(Most probably south indians) with him.
Yes south indians(barring Brahmans) were described as Rakshasas/Pishachas.

The funny thing is thebook was most probably written in Kashmir where Lanka is said to be next best thing after heaven/Swarg.

The funny thing is thebook was most probably written in Kashmir where Lanka is said to be next best thing after heaven/Swarg.

I thought some dude called tulsidas wrote it in UP or was it Valmiki?

Most of this book written area of above Vindhyas.
Wat bout Saraswati river.

Tulsidas wrote Ramcharitamanas. Which was a remake of Valmiki's Ramayana who wrote it in Kashmir or Western Punjab.

Tulsidas wrote Ramcharitamanas. Which was a remake of Valmiki's Ramayana who wrote it in Kashmir or Western Punjab.

Alright. I think we have a copy of tulsidas version at our home ,it seems quite popular among masses compared to that of valmiki's

Valmiki wrote Ramayan.

I think Tulsidas translated it from Sanskrit to Awadhi (Local language).

4.jpg

Most of this book written area of above Vindhyas.
Wat bout Saraswati river.

In those times Saraswati was considered as the holiest of all the rivers. Ganga was the dravid to Sarasvati the Sachin. Nobody gave a damn to Ganges in those times.

Even Harappa and Mohenjodaro were in Pakistan. And some people say that those cities were of Mahabharata era

And some proofs have been discovered that the world was very developed and civilised about 3000-4000 years ago, but due to nuclear/atomic wars (proofs discovered), all knowledge got lost and people became primitives again. It is only since industrial revolution in the 1800s that we are getting the knowledge back

Harappa was called Hariyupp in those times .It has a mention in Vedas or any other Puranas I guess.

Mahabharata is one of the greatest epics ever! While Ramayana teaches you about how idealistic a person should be, Mahabharata teaches you how to deal situations and how to be spontaneous! Lord Rama was the ideal human being, while Krishna was the cunning person who always manages to be on the winning side.

Basically people say these two stories say the difference in the times these were written. Ramayana was written for the ideal world and Mahabharata is the story of all times. Almost all kinds of relations and all kinds of animosities are correctly depicted. Great, great story!

I was shocked when I saw the documentary on History channel about Atomic bombs been dropped 4000 years ago. Go check it. Its on youtube. Search by the name of 'Atomic wars in Ancient India'
I like to think it was an extraterrestrial phenomenon.

Last edited by a moderator:
And some proofs have been discovered that the world was very developed and civilised about 3000-4000 years ago, but due to nuclear/atomic wars (proofs discovered), all knowledge got lost and people became primitives again. It is only since industrial revolution in the 1800s that we are getting the knowledge back

I think you have been watching too much of this guy lately?

giorgio-tsoukalos.jpeg

Is this story related to Hinduism? Does the Indian holy books like Baghavat Geeta etc have anything to do with this story?

Is refusing the authenticity of the story blasphemy in Hinduism?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have picked so far it's a family war.

5 Brother Pandavas who shares 1 wife?? is beaten in a game of dice and has to leave the kingdom for 12 years by their evil cousin Dishymastri?(The names are difficult to remember)? After 12 years they can comeback and get some power. But the evil cousin refuses and then they fight. Call their allies etc. The Hindu God Krishna somehow inters the war and help Pandavas? Pandavas win but they kill their own uncle etc. Their brother? who is in Dishymans army? Commandar?
They cannot handle the trauma of the war and commit suicide?

Some other guy Yudihsahtra dog stops him from suicide and it turns out the dog is his father and he goes to paradise. Yudi is brother of the Pandavas?

Yeah its mind boggling isn't it? Atomic bombing 5000 years ago. Who could have said?

,take for example sudarshan chakra,we have seen it as discus killing people,when actually it was high energy disc based on nuclear fusion,which is very difficult to be contained at such a small scale,imagine some thing like this in today's world,also MIRV and MARV were there at that time,take for example narayan astra,perfect example of both,the civilization in satyuga was more advanced the weapon's more potent,as the time progressed the society has regressed,take for example hiranyaksha and hiranyakashipu,they were so powerful Lord vishnu have to take two incarnation to beat them,ravana was not able to lift hiranyakashipu 's ear ring during his campaign to satul lok,forget about place ,there name contained gold ,hiranya means gold,ravana nd kumbhakarna,both were slained by Lord rama,lived in Lanka,but before rama ,ravana was thrashed by sahastrabahu,vali,bali,banasura,ladies in kshir sagar,mandhata;so he was beatable,and in dwapra shishupal and dantavakra were not even villains of that time,they were sidekicks.

sent from dil se

Last edited:
What disappointed thread.

I though some quastions would have been asked by Pakistanis and Indians who has knowledge about this story would answer..

Instead Indians gone crazy and talking about their favority carcter etc.

Anyway is this story related to Hinduism? Does the Indian holy books like Baghavat Geeta etc have anything to do with this story?

The Srimad Bhagvat Gita is a chapter from within the Mahabharatha.

When Arjun (one of the 5 Pandavas) is standing in the battlefield, facing his cousins and uncles, he is frozen at the thought of fighting them. That's when Lord Krishna (who is in a human form and is guiding Arjuna in the war) engages in time dilation and reveals the message of the Gita to Arjun.

Guys, I am not a Hindu (due to which I have no idea what is being discussed), but the tone of some of the posts did seem to give the impression that some (Indian) posters were just joking about it. I kindly request you to refrain from mocking the characters, stories and the whole concept of the Mahabharat, if you want this thread to stay. Thanks!.

Is this story related to Hinduism? Does the Indian holy books like Baghavat Geeta etc have anything to do with this story?

Nope. There are no blasphemy laws and nothing is blasphmey in India.

We mock our Gods in a light hearted way.

Guys, I am not a Hindu (due to which I have no idea what is being discussed), but the tone of some of the posts did seem to give the impression that some (Indian) posters were just joking about it. I kindly request you to refrain from mocking the characters, stories and the whole concept of the Mahabharat, if you want this thread to stay. Thanks!.

Dhoni ji, mocking and critiquing Hindu Gods has always been there. Hindu Gods commit mistakes unlike Abrahamic God (s).

Our Gods can be amorous, wicked and sometimes cruel. But they are still gods as they are powerful. A lot of politics happen between Gods too.

Yup no blasphemous laws in Hinduism. So being light haerted is not a big deal. But if someone is insulting for the sake of it, then its a problem.

They r not jocking just trolling.And its India where god also play politics so be cool
:)))

Does any1 watching new Mahabharta?
So much special effect that it looks like any superhero fantasy series

Tbh i feel bad for my religious hindu friends.These hindu atheist don't have any licence when they start mocking their Gods.And will go to any extreme in the name of fun.

Last edited:
Does any1 watching new Mahabharta?
So much special effect that it looks like any superhero fantasy series

Star plus Mahabharata is factually incorrect. More than 50% of it is made up stories. I stopped watching that

If u want to know the whole mahabharata story without being bored at all, then buy Amar chitra katha or Diamond comics mahabharata. Thats how I got to know about the full story of the Mahabharata when I was 12-13 years old. And in addition to that, read some Mahabharata related articles on the internet

Thanks for bringing the thread back. Also what was happening here was just trolling the mahabharata characters, no abuses or anything happened here. It is all light-hearted. I have seen lot of hindus troll the hindu gods also

gita > mahabharat > ramayana.

gita is the real deal.... others are just stories.

Dhoni ji, mocking and critiquing Hindu Gods has always been there. Hindu Gods commit mistakes unlike Abrahamic God (s).

Our Gods can be amorous, wicked and sometimes cruel. But they are still gods as they are powerful. A lot of politics happen between Gods too.

Yup no blasphemous laws in Hinduism. So being light haerted is not a big deal. But if someone is insulting for the sake of it, then its a problem.

Nope. There are no blasphemy laws and nothing is blasphmey in India.

We mock our Gods in a light hearted way.

They r not jocking just trolling.And its India where god also play politics so be cool
:)))

Thanks for bringing the thread back. Also what was happening here was just trolling the mahabharata characters, no abuses or anything happened here. It is all light-hearted. I have seen lot of hindus troll the hindu gods also

I thank you all for these posts!

I have read the Bhagavad Gita, a fascinating book (and a few more scriptures of other religions), have passion for studying different religions of the world, but I ultimately remain an outsider, due to which I am not to know some of these details and about the sensitivity levels of Hindus.

This being a Pakistani forum, we can always be accused of not treating all faiths equally, and it was to avoid that that I had to do that. I mean, I have no idea of things as there might be some Hindu out there who might not like all the stuff, hence:).....

Last edited:
Did readings about Mahabharat.. Never found a complete book on it which can have every detail. Karna is my fav character and was much much more powerful than Arjuna according to my little knowledge.

Last edited:
For me Lord Krishna was the most fascinating character of Mahabharat. He helped Pandav's win the war without striking a single blow by himself. Perhaps the best case of Brains over Brawn in any Mythology.
Mahabharat is full of flawed characters. Rarely does a major character dies in a fair fight in it.

Regarding whether Mahabharat was real or not. I believe it is based on real life events. But with time things got exaggerated.

No more a myth than one of the many virgin births or raising the dead from the grave. Plenty of the stuff of the Jesus myth was borrowed from Indian and other ancient myths.

This explain why Sachin is God in India. :wasim

There is a concept called Avatar in Hindu culture.

God takes birth as human whenever the evil takes over the earth.

Using this Avatar concept as an excuse, a lot of self styled Godmen roam around India and they have millions of followers.

Unlike Islam, there is no governing body for Hindu religion. Anything and eveyrthign goes in the name of religion.

What technology was Sanjaya using to give live commentary to blind Dhritrashtra?

Since we can only speculate, my guess is that the data was transmitted either through a wired network or a wireless one. Or maybe it was a high-end telescope that was mounted atop the highest point (which mostly happened to be the palace terraces) and it could see as far as Kurukshetra itself.

Stories would have been written if such sophisticated technologies were used.

Maybe the technologies were proprietary and hence nothing was written about them in detail.

What was your favourite character in Mahabharata

Mine was Parashuram. He was immensely powerful with great temper and was the greatest warrior on earth for quite a long time.:) Legend says he single handedly killed every kshatriyas on earth at one time.

karna.. btw is parashuram has a big role in Mahabharata..? apart teaching ayodhana skills to karna.. also parashuram lost a dhvanthayudh to kaurava senapathi, didn't remember his name, the one who has the ability to died when he want..

By the way pandavas was the fancy name of the 5 siblings I.e. Arjuna(Greatest archer of all time), Yudhisthir(Eldest and the most pious of them all), Bheem(Basically he was the hulk from Marvel Comics), Nakul(Greatest swordsman), and Sehdev(Most handsome man in the universe).

karna has all the qualities pandava have..

Amar chitr katha of Ananta pai(Malayalam in my case) was my source of Hindu mythologies like Mahabharat and Ramayan, besides others. I believe many Indians irrespective of religions will be knowing various stories of Mahabaharat and Ramayan.
eg: when Bhima was going to fetch a flower at the request of Droupadi a old monkey(Vanara) was blocking his way with a large tail put across Bhima's way.
story here:
http://indiatravel17.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/hanuman-chatti-bheema-meets-hanuman/
Some of the Characters that interests me: Karna, Ekalavya

the image from that amar chitra katha series which remains in the memory is Brahma and Vishnu travelling opposite sides(Head and feet) of Shiva in order to prove who is great among the two.
Hindus also have a trinity like belief? Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara.

Duryodhana cannot be killed because of some varadan(boon). so he was to be hit on thighs.

Is Jambavan considered as the "Adam" as per Hindu mythology?

In Ramayana, Bali(or is it Vali?)-Sugreeva fight is interesting besides Hanuman.
I read 3 decades back as a kid, still available even in local languages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata_(comics)

Last edited:
Did readings about Mahabharat.. Never found a complete book on it which can have every detail. Karna is my fav character and was much much more powerful than Arjuna according to my little knowledge.

Karna & Arjuna were equal as far as intelligence, fighting capabilities and the use of weapons, they were also taught by 2 of the best teachers anyone could hope for. However the real powerful character in Mahabharata was Ekalavya, he worshiped Drona, who was Arjuna's teacher and learned everything Drona was teaching the kshatriya prince's by watching from the side lines and Drona did not want anyone to be better than Arjuna hence once Drona & Ekalavya came face to face Drona asked him for his thumb which changed the fate of the Mahabharata war, otherwise Ekalavya eventually may have become a more skilled archer than Arjuna himself and may have sided with the Kauravas....

Last edited:
Bheem(Basically he was the hulk from Marvel Comics), .

Nope, Bheema/Hercules is more a valid comparison... matter of fact they were almost like twins; 1) Sons of gods, 2) Most powerful men in the universe as far as physical strength goes, 3) Both had intimidating physiques that towered over all others etc....

Last edited:
Karna & Arjuna were equal as far as intelligence, fighting capabilities and the use of weapons, they were also taught by 2 of the best teachers anyone could hope for. However the real powerful character in Mahabharata was Ekalavya, he worshiped Drona, who was Arjuna's teacher and learned everything Drona was teaching the kshatriya prince's by watching from the side lines and Drona did not want anyone to be better than Arjuna hence once Drona & Ekalavya came face to face Drona asked him for his thumb which changed the fate of the Mahabharata war, otherwise Ekalavya eventually may have become a more skilled archer than Arjuna himself and may have sided with the Kauravas....

Actually the most powerful character in mahabharata after krishna was barbarik (the grandson of bheema,son of ghatotkach and maurvi),he had three arrows with which he could destroy whole universe,the first arrow use to chase the target,second to mark him and third to kill him,acc. To legend,before kurukshetra war Lord krishna asked warriors from both sides how much time would they take to finish the war on their own,duryodhana said he can finish this in 45 days,bheem said 40 bhishma and drona said 32 and 35 respectively ;karna arjuna said 30 and 27 respectively;when Lord krishna asked barbarik he laughed,amused Lord krishna asked what's the matter he said I will shot one arrow and it can kill both kaurvas and pandavas army excluding u and bhishma,everybody was taken a back,Lord Krishna asked him to prove it ,he said you can test me ;he showed him a tree and which had the exact no of leaves ,as mentioned in mahabharata and told him to shot all the leaves with a single arrow,but Lord krishna pluck one leaf and hide it beneath his foot,when barbarik used his arrow it teared all the leaves of the tree and then started hovering over Lord krishna ' s feet and fell near it ,then he asked krishna to lift his foot and when he raised it even that leaf was torn apart,but the thing was he had this condition that whenever an army starts losing he will join it,that way whole armies will be destroyed except him,krishna and bhishma,so Lord krishna tricked him and said I have heard that mighty warriors are mighty givers as well,he said yes so ask for anything.,he said this war wants sacrifice of veer and their are 3 veers in it myself,arjun and u,he said why don't both u and arjuna gives sacrifice,krishna replies that arjuna has sworn to kill karna and I have sworn to be his charioteer,so we can't,to this barbarik replied oh my lord I just wanted to get moksha from ur hand that's why I did all this,but I also want to see this war,krishna said so be it,he cut his head and that head was placed so that he can watch the war,he was the one who made pandavas realised that it was the power of lord krishna that slayed each and every kuru warrior,he is also known as khatu shyam,he along with krishna and hanuman were the only 3 mahamaharathi ' s(equal to 24 atimaharathi) in mahabharata whereas karna arjuna bhishma drona and abhimanyu were atimaharathi(equal to 12 maharathi),while four pandavas,duryodhana,ashwatthama,shalya and kripacharya were maharathi(equal to 60000 warriors) and 99 kaurvas ;satyaki drupada,virat,shakuni,Uttar,bhurishrvas,brihadbal,bhagdatt,yuyutsu,ghatotkach,kritverman ,shakuni,shrutayudh,upapandavas and chekitan were atimaharathi(equal to 10000 warrior)

sent from dil se

Actually the most powerful character in mahabharata after krishna was barbarik (the grandson of bheema,son of ghatotkach and maurvi),he had three arrows with which he could destroy whole universe,the first arrow use to chase the target,second to mark him and third to kill him,acc. To legend,before kurukshetra war Lord krishna asked warriors from both sides how much time would they take to finish the war on their own,duryodhana said he can finish this in 45 days,bheem said 40 bhishma and drona said 32 and 35 respectively ;karna arjuna said 30 and 27 respectively;when Lord krishna asked barbarik he laughed,amused Lord krishna asked what's the matter he said I will shot one arrow and it can kill both kaurvas and pandavas army excluding u and bhishma,everybody was taken a back,Lord Krishna asked him to prove it ,he said you can test me ;he showed him a tree and which had the exact no of leaves ,as mentioned in mahabharata and told him to shot all the leaves with a single arrow,but Lord krishna pluck one leaf and hide it beneath his foot,when barbarik used his arrow it teared all the leaves of the tree and then started hovering over Lord krishna ' s feet and fell near it ,then he asked krishna to lift his foot and when he raised it even that leaf was torn apart,but the thing was he had this condition that whenever an army starts losing he will join it,that way whole armies will be destroyed except him,krishna and bhishma,so Lord krishna tricked him and said I have heard that mighty warriors are mighty givers as well,he said yes so ask for anything.,he said this war wants sacrifice of veer and their are 3 veers in it myself,arjun and u,he said why don't both u and arjuna gives sacrifice,krishna replies that arjuna has sworn to kill karna and I have sworn to be his charioteer,so we can't,to this barbarik replied oh my lord I just wanted to get moksha from ur hand that's why I did all this,but I also want to see this war,krishna said so be it,he cut his head and that head was placed so that he can watch the war,he was the one who made pandavas realised that it was the power of lord krishna that slayed each and every kuru warrior,he is also known as khatu shyam,he along with krishna and hanuman were the only 3 mahamaharathi ' s(equal to 24 atimaharathi) in mahabharata whereas karna arjuna bhishma drona and abhimanyu were atimaharathi(equal to 12 maharathi),while four pandavas,duryodhana,ashwatthama,shalya and kripacharya were maharathi(equal to 60000 warriors) and 99 kaurvas ;satyaki drupada,virat,shakuni,Uttar,bhurishrvas,brihadbal,bhagdatt,yuyutsu,ghatotkach,kritverman ,shakuni,shrutayudh,upapandavas and chekitan were atimaharathi(equal to 10000 warrior)

sent from dil se

Very interesting I wasnt aware of Bheema having a grandson... Good read but please paragraph next time....

Bollywood should make movies on ancient figures of India like Hollywood make on greek individuals.

Bollywood should make movies on ancient figures of India like Hollywood make on greek individuals.

There are quite a lot of movies/series based on Hindu mythology already.

Imo opinion Hollywood should make it. Would be epic like the Lord of the Rings and would be much more interesting to watch than the cartoonish presentation by Bollywood.

Funny thing is there are many versions of both Indian epics not only in India but also in south east asia and even in other religions such as Jainism. Whether it has any basis in fact or not does not i do not know but they make good reading for children and adolescents. I grew up equally on Arabian nights, Chinese traditional stories, our own epics and folklore and of course European tales as well. I don't know what modern parents do with their kids these days but i firmly believe it is much more important to open a child's mind to imagination and fantasy before reason and logic. These stories shouldn't get lost on coming generations for precisely this reason.

Amar chitr katha of Ananta pai(Malayalam in my case) was my source of Hindu mythologies like Mahabharat and Ramayan, besides others. I believe many Indians irrespective of religions will be knowing various stories of Mahabaharat and Ramayan.
eg: when Bhima was going to fetch a flower at the request of Droupadi a old monkey(Vanara) was blocking his way with a large tail put across Bhima's way.
story here:
http://indiatravel17.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/hanuman-chatti-bheema-meets-hanuman/
Some of the Characters that interests me: Karna, Ekalavya

the image from that amar chitra katha series which remains in the memory is Brahma and Vishnu travelling opposite sides(Head and feet) of Shiva in order to prove who is great among the two.
Hindus also have a trinity like belief? Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara.

Duryodhana cannot be killed because of some varadan(boon). so he was to be hit on thighs.

Is Jambavan considered as the "Adam" as per Hindu mythology?

In Ramayana, Bali(or is it Vali?)-Sugreeva fight is interesting besides Hanuman.
I read 3 decades back as a kid, still available even in local languages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahabharata_(comics)

My source was Balarama lol :D

One thing many people don't know is that apart from bhishma and krishna no body could face abhimanyu in dual ,he could have even slayed karna ,arjuna and drona in a dual such was his might,there are two different versions about his previous birth ,one says he was son of moon,other says he was a demon abhikasur who fought with arjun and after he was killed by him ,he took rebirth as abhimanyu.

sent from dil se

Same goes for karna,who acc to one version was Lord shani while in other he was arun daitya who was to be killed by nara of nara narayan (incarnation of Lord vishnu).

sent from dil se

Amar Chitra katha is epic my fav birbal,panchtantra
And fav is Tenali Raman is fav in all comics which i read

Last edited:
Is it true that Murali was the title given to Kesho when he killed daitya Mura? :murali

For killing mural he was given title murari meaning enemy of mura ,by the way maurvi was daughter of mura .

sent from dil se

Thanks for the info. Now the line "Sree Krishna Govind Hare Murari " from the TV serial Krishna's opening makes sense.

Mahabharata is a true story, but it did not happen as the way we are being told. But the story of 2 sets of cousins fighting each other with some other mighty warriors being involved is true

Some proofs that Mahabharata actually happened -

1. A city similar to description of Dwaraka found submerged off the west coast of Gujarat. Estimated to be around 3000-5000 years old by carbon dating

2. A 5000 year old viman found in a cave in Afghanistan, similar to vimanas described in the mahabharata

3. Some proofs of nuclear radiations have been found looking at the soil in some area near Kurukshetra, the site of Mahabharata war
1. Not related to Mahabharat's Dwarka. Simply a submerged ocean front township (this is quite run of the mill since shifting shore lines with changing water levels and tectonic movement).

2. No such find.

3. No such proof. Only the radiation associated with the thorium present in soils in most of india. India happens to have some of the largest thorium concentration in the soil. Higher level of radiation is often detected off the coast of Kerela and Tamil Nadu.

Is the Mahabharat true? The story of feuding cousins for property rights? quite possible. Was there an epic battle? Quite possible. Was there divine intervention? No. No such thing.

Back