Marco Jansen versus Shaheen Shah Afridi: Who is T20’s BIG MONEY left-arm seamer?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
Often feel Jansen goes underrated, but the guy is South Africa’s top left arm bowler, with Nandre Burger emerging as the next big thing.

Two top class left arm seamers, Jansen definitely the better batsman however Shaheen is no mug with the bat either. South Africa have just looked like a much stronger side in recent years with the inclusion of Jansen and Klaasen in their set up. Shaheen on the other hand is always top dollar in any league he signs up to (rightfully so as well)

Marco Janson Test Economy: 3.38, ODI SR: 30.7 and T20i SR: 21.0

BKIVfcj.png

Shaheen Shah Afridi Test Economy :3.11, ODI SR: 25.9 and T20i SR:15.9

J0UZ66Q.png

Who would fetch the most money in a auction?

Shaheen easily. He is box office.

Jansen is kind of new to the scene.
not really

Jansen has been a part of some very successful teams even in his newish career. He reminds me of the old school Saffers with his mentality

Marco Jansen is not that good of loi bowler.

He has played 12 t20is with 12 wickets and his economy is over 8 and average of 28.

He is kind of overrated. He can have a good career as a bowling allrounder though. He needs to improve his batting.

Shaheen. No question about it.

Every first over of a match from Shaheen is an event on its own. Enough said.

In recent times,

-Jansen’s side have won the SAT20
-Played a 50 over World Cup semi final (in which they beat Pakistan in their group game)
-Played in IPL final
-Will play a T20 World Cup final

Jansen has been a part of a lot of success recently.

A lot of Pakistan’s and LQ’s success depends on Shaheen firing with the ball. This hasn’t really been the case during the same period.

In recent times,

-Jansen’s side have won the SAT20
-Played a 50 over World Cup semi final (in which they beat Pakistan in their group game)
-Played in IPL final
-Will play a T20 World Cup final

Jansen has been a part of a lot of success recently.

A lot of Pakistan’s and LQ’s success depends on Shaheen firing with the ball. This hasn’t really been the case during the same period.
Marco Jansen is mediocre bowler in T20 format his record suggests as well.
He has average over 27 and economy of over 8

Shaheen hasn't been that good lately and I would drop shaheen after his mediocre performance in world T20b ut he is still much better than this Jansen guy.

Marco Jansen is mediocre bowler in T20 format his record suggests as well.
He has average over 27 and economy of over 8

Shaheen hasn't been that good lately and I would drop shaheen after his mediocre performance in world T20b ut he is still much better than this Jansen guy.
I wouldn’t say he is much better.

Shaheen is a better 1st over bowler than Jansen. I would agree to that. But over a 4 over spell, it’s a different story.

Shaheen has got complacent on his fame and reputation. Seldom delivers these days. Potential liability in death bowling. I’d say they’re on level terms.

Shaheen is a better and more complete bowler who has sadly lost his way. But there's no reason that he can't come back.

That said, Jansen is a serious cricketer that hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can become. His height alone makes him a menace if he can pitch the ball in the right areas. And he has alot of untapped potential as a lower order batter. Also does not seem to be afflicted by the mental weakness of his predecessors. He stepped up in two clutch games against Afghanistan and West Indies. Hopefully he turns up for the final too.

Jansen is not a good LOI bowler. Predictable, erratic. But a good test prospect. On some days he can click in LOIs

Shaheen is a better and more complete bowler who has sadly lost his way. But there's no reason that he can't come back.

That said, Jansen is a serious cricketer that hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can become. His height alone makes him a menace if he can pitch the ball in the right areas. And he has alot of untapped potential as a lower order batter. Also does not seem to be afflicted by the mental weakness of his predecessors. He stepped up in two clutch games against Afghanistan and West Indies. Hopefully he turns up for the final too.
Yeah, obviously it's Shaheen.
He's out of form recently, but overall this guy is miles ahead of Jansen.

Back