Runs
MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE1.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE2.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE3.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE5.jpg

Image105666.jpg

MATRRIXXGLADIATORLE6.jpg

After a long wait I received two bats of which I was eagerly waiting, Matrrixx Gladiator and CA Extra Power. Matrrixx was bought from Ajit (onlinestockist) whereas I purchased CA from Armie (batsandmore) after being fully satisfied with previous purchase of CA Gel bat.

I had never tried any Matrrixx bat and it was the first time I was trying. Initially when I was ordering I was a bit nervous because of the brand not being as famous as other brands. However, when I got my bat I was over joyed and was extremely satisfied. Bat has 10 clean straight grains and 34mm edges. I am sure the bat will play well and will last long. So far I haven't used this bat in a game but I tested the bat with mallet and it has impressive ping. The sweetspot is extended on this Matrrixx unlike other bats which have limited sweetspot. The balance is very good as well whereas pickup is very light. The bat felt really good in my hands and it seems to be much ligter than its given weight. Overall it was another gem of a bat from Ajit and his service was really good as usual.

On the other hand, I received CA Plus Extra Power. In this bat I asked for 8-9 grains as I want a bat to last long. After seeing this bat I was over the moon as this bat seems to be perfect and is meeting my expectations perfectly. As the is named it seems to be exactly like that. The bat is really strong and powerful gun when I tested with a mallet. The edges are massive (39/40 mm) and this bat seems to be more thicker than Matrrixx. Another thing which I liked about this bat was that it had a high spine and for a 2.9 it seems very big bat. Thesedays you won't find many bats which have high spines. The spine of this bat reminded me of M&H bats. As far sweetspot goes it is very long and it seems to be longer than Matrixx one. As CA is famous of its exceptionally balance and pickup this bat was not different. The pick up of this bat is feather light and the bat seems to be much lighter than 2.9. As far Armie service goes it was second to none. He was very helpful and informative when I decided to buy this bat. Since it is a new bat and new range in CA's catalog I wasn't sure how this bat will play. But Armie was very helpful and answered all of my questions proactively.

Feel free to ask questions

CAsandMatrrixx.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx1.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx3.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx4.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx5.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx6.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx7.jpg

Also got this new bat frm Armie.
CA PLUS 12000, 2.8LB, 11 grains, 35/36mm edges and v light pick up.

Last edited:
Hav u used ur CA 12000
How does it compare to your other bats.
CA or Bubber Sher L.E

Yes I've used it lightly but sold it bcoz it was no way near as good as my others bats. AS v3, SS, Adidas, Matrrixx and GM performed lot better then CA plus 12k.

Last edited:
Yes I've used it lightly but sold it bcoz it was no way near as good as my others bats. AS v3, SS, Adidas, Matrrixx and GM performed lot better then CA plus 12k.

How is CA Plus Extra Power compared to other bats?

I bought that towards end of last season and so far I've only used in practice couple of times. I did borrow the bat to a friend to use in a match and he stroked a fluent 50 and said the bat is excellent. I think its pretty good but SF, SS, Matrrixx and other bats I have are better.

I bought that towards end of last season and so far I've only used in practice couple of times. I did borrow the bat to a friend to use in a match and he stroked a fluent 50 and said the bat is excellent. I think its pretty good but SF, SS, Matrrixx and other bats I have are better.

Is SF Saphire comparable to the other bats that you have? It looks really good!

Yes SF Saphire is one the best bat I've got at the moment. It does look great and it also performs outstandingly aswell. Its will be one of my 1st choice bats 4 next season.. inshallah
sfkingsaphire1.jpg
sfkingsaphire2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. man! The bat looks amazing; look at the ruler straight grans :akhtar
I was thinking of buying this bat over AS V10 since I haven't heard from Khalid Bhai (from AS Sports Factory). I will call them again today, and they don't answer, I will have to get this bat or SG Sunny Gold. Don't get me wrong, AS V10 looks great :)
Anyway, do you recommend those bats over AS V10? Do you know which bat is the best for around 200 USD?

I've used both bats and both are really high quality bats. AS is slightly better in term of balance and pick up. SF has similar profile but has slight concaving, thicker toe and it feels lot better in hands then AS. Balance on SF is pretty decent aswell. I am not sure which to recommend bcoz their isnt much to choose between them. AS has great ping but doesnt last that long and SF takes a while for it to knock in but when fully played in it plays just as well and its more durable then AS.
I'll recommend you another bat which is Matrrixx LE this is my best bat at the moment and I think its within ur budget. Matrrixx have 3/4 differnt shapes to choose from you can check their website & select whichever shape you like and you can buy these bats from Ajit bhai.

Last edited:
Isn't Matrrixx LE pretty expensive bat? If it is within my budget (200 USD - 50USD or + 20 USD) , I will definitely look into it. Between, have you used SG Sunny Tonny, SS Limited Edition, SS Matrix, and MB Malik Bubber Sher?
Which one is the best bat under 200 USD? Moreover, do you mean that AS V10 is easily breakable/(not very durable)? Thanks in advance man :)

Last edited:
I saw that and I believe James or Andy should take action against them. I am not sure if they know about this or not. If they were so good bat makers (Matrixx) then they wouldn't have done this.

I don't think them plagiarising another's site will have any great bearing on their bat making skills, however it is an indication of their integrity.

I saw that and I believe James or Andy should take action against them. I am not sure if they know about this or not. If they were so good bat makers (Matrixx) then they wouldn't have done this.

Thanks for letting me know CD Bhai and Salman Bhai. I called matrrixx yesterday and they told me that they are selling Matrrixx LE for 15500 INR. I Don't trust them because their bats are cheaper elsewhere. Between, I called Khalid Bhai and picked up the phone. He told me that they opened their factory after 5 days. Ge will shortly send me his information. I will surely be happy to buy AS V10 :)

We agree that plagiarizing another's site shows a lack of integrity. But what about copying designs and patterns on gloves and batting pads?

We agree that plagiarizing another's site shows a lack of integrity. But what about copying designs and patterns on gloves and batting pads?

If you talk about SS and Newbery for example then I don't think it matters much as both are made by same company at the end.

No CD. I am talking about local brands (Pakistan). A lot of designs are the same specially for gloves.

I don't think them plagiarising another's site will have any great bearing on their bat making skills, however it is an indication of their integrity.

True indeed!

I guess it was a bit exaggeration from me :(

Imo what Matrixx have done is not really comparable to someone copying another's design, it's more than that.

I would say it is the same as rebadging someone elses equipment and passing it off as your own without permission from the manufacturer.

Imo what Matrixx have done is not really comparable to someone copying another's design, it's more than that...

I agree.

When a batmaker writes stuff like this from the heart
"The Signature Series is the type of bat that a bat-maker can scarcely bear to part with - an incredibly good piece of willow turned into the finest bat imaginable."

and for someone like Matrrixx to just steal those lines while inserting his own product name, that is stooping real low :133:

http://www.laverwood.co.nz/sigproduct_detail.php
http://matrrixx.com/rare-blue-bat.html

Of course it doesn't have any direct bearing on the bat making skills of guys at Matrrixx, but most of this business is based on reputation (which translates to integrity). I doubt many people would opt for Matrrixx products if they knew those eloquent descriptions on their website were, let's say, "borrowed" :46:

SalmanK bhai, CD is a good friend. I hope he won't mind. I respect his opinion on the forum.

My point is the copying of designs is sort of an accepted thing, a lot of manufacturers have similar designs, but is it still right? What Matrrixx has done is wrong. As SalmanK says it leads to a lack of trust so eventually hurts them as well. For a smaller brand it is suicidal.

Not really copying, they probably all get them from the same place.

CD bhai, I think its probably here in North America there is always talk of Copyright and Intellectual Property, we sometimes think it is the same everywhere.

CD bhai, I think its probably here in North America there is always talk of Copyright and Intellectual Property, we sometimes think it is the same everywhere.

Sounds true. Perhaps this could be one of the reason we haven't seen any Asian brand copying English brands stuff (which I am assuming is copyright).

Copying of text, design, ideas etc is all immoral, unethical and is downright cheap.

It tells me that the company (MATRIXX in this case) hasnt got time/resources/willingness to generate their own designs and I refuse to buy anything branded MATRIXXX. Even their website is about giving some known player a Matrixx bat to try and then quickly taking pics to show as if they are using MATRIXXX equipement.

If someone has dealt with LAVER and Wood please let them know about this plagiarist scum. I am sure they know a good lawyer!

Okay.... this is my third attempt to type the same message.... this time on computer cuz my "smart" phone was giving me a headache... spent half an hour typing the same message TWICE and it, somehow, never got posted :(
Anyway, I believe that I was gonna ask Majid Bhai about any other recommendations under $220 (US). Khalid bhai still didn't send me email after almost two weeks :( I think I am gonna have to buy something else. So Majid bhai, how is SG King Cobra, SG Sunny Gold, and SS Limited Edition? SG Gold and SS Limited Edition are under 200 USD at onlinestockist. Also, my parents are in Jalandhar and can buy SG King Cobra for around 10,000 INR. I also called Matrrixx factory (the plagiarism masters :p) and was informed that their LE bat costs 15500 INR, which is higher than Ajit is offering it for.

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Never Mind!! Finally got Khalid Bhai's information man :D I will send him money tomorrow through Western Union. Was about to send it online right now, but can't find my Credit/Debit Card :(

Okay.... this is my third attempt to type the same message.... this time on computer cuz my "smart" phone was giving me a headache... spent half an hour typing the same message TWICE and it, somehow, never got posted :(
Anyway, I believe that I was gonna ask Majid Bhai about any other recommendations under $220 (US). Khalid bhai still didn't send me email after almost two weeks :( I think I am gonna have to buy something else. So Majid bhai, how is SG King Cobra, SG Sunny Gold, and SS Limited Edition? SG Gold and SS Limited Edition are under 200 USD at onlinestockist. Also, my parents are in Jalandhar and can buy SG King Cobra for around 10,000 INR. I also called Matrrixx factory (the plagiarism masters :p) and was informed that their LE bat costs 15500 INR, which is higher than Ajit is offering it for.

How is it possible for Ajit to sell it cheaper if the factory is selling for a higher price? I mean it is impossible to sell a bat cheaper than the factory price. Sounds dodgy to me :(

WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Never Mind!! Finally got Khalid Bhai's information man :D I will send him money tomorrow through Western Union. Was about to send it online right now, but can't find my Credit/Debit Card :(

I am glad you got hold of his information.

What are you asking for in the bat?

a lot of times u can get it cheaper than the factory price....for instance the SG website states that the King Cobra is INR 12999...but if u go to any sports shop in India, u can get a 15-20% discount...

most of the business comes from retailers...so the companies have to support retailers....

How is it possible for Ajit to sell it cheaper if the factory is selling for a higher price? I mean it is impossible to sell a bat cheaper than the factory price. Sounds dodgy to me :(

I am glad you got hold of his information.

I actually paid him via PayPal. I paid 160 USD :) I believe it is a good price as it also includes PayPal charges (for the receiving end). As far as the King Cobra, I am gonna have to forget about it for at least a year :p I might get Sonny Tonny for the second bat that I will order from India.

I actually paid him via PayPal. I paid 160 USD :) I believe it is a good price as it also includes PayPal charges (for the receiving end). As far as the King Cobra, I am gonna have to forget about it for at least a year :p I might get Sonny Tonny for the second bat that I will order from India.

Did you pay Khalid Bhai via PayPal ?

Ajit is a retailer and he gets the gear from matrrixx at wholesale/trade price so he can sell them cheaper than factory prices.

Last edited:
All three bats you mentioned are very good. I've used SG King Cobra it played really well and I'm planing on getting the newer version for nxt season. SG sunny gold and SS Ton LE are within ur budget so go for either these & king cobra is slightly more expensive.

You might wanna give BDM or SM bats a go. I have used BDM and their bats have best balance in India and performance is also very good. I had a BDM aerodynamic and Dynamic Super both were excellent. SM are relatively new but they are getting more popular by the day and already have great reputation in India. V. Sehwag uses SM bats in domestic cricket and D. Karthik also used SM bat whilst playing for India.

Did you pay Khalid Bhai via PayPal ?

There is no PayPal in Pakistan. So, Khalid Bhai gave me his Australian PayPal Account info under Hakan Khalid's name. I still haven't got any reply from Khalid Bhai, even though the payment has been cleared according to PayPal. I have emailed him and Hakan three times. If they don't respond, I will have to "resolve a dispute" through PayPal.

Last edited:
There is no PayPal in Pakistan. So, Khalid Bhai gave me his Australian PayPal Account info under Hakan Khalid's name. I still haven't got any reply from Khalid Bhai, even though the payment has been cleared according to PayPal. I have emailed him and Hakan three times. If they don't respond, I will have to "resolve a dispute" through PayPal.

Oh okay.

I think you are being very impatience. Do keep in my of the time difference and it is weekend in Pakistan so offices are closed.

I would suggest you to clam down and be patience. Khalid Bhai, is manager/owner of a big brand (AS) and he will not run away with your money. You will get your bat so don't worry about that.

Always remember patience is the key. The more you wait the sweeter your deal is (I have found this).

Oh okay.

I think you are being very impatience. Do keep in my of the time difference and it is weekend in Pakistan so offices are closed.

I would suggest you to clam down and be patience. Khalid Bhai, is manager/owner of a big brand (AS) and he will not run away with your money. You will get your bat so don't worry about that.

Always remember patience is the key. The more you wait the sweeter your deal is (I have found this).

CD Bhai, I will be patient. I should have remained calm :p I am calm right now, and I think the reason behind my "non-calm" behavior was the fact that I have been trying to contact Khalid Bhai for past two weeks. Now, however, I understand that there is a weekend in Pakistan. Therefore, I will be happy to wait 6-7 days for his response :) If he still doesn't respond, then I will HAVE to look at some other bat (most likely from Ajit) :)

CD Bhai, I will be patient. I should have remained calm :p I am calm right now, and I think the reason behind my "non-calm" behavior was the fact that I have been trying to contact Khalid Bhai for past two weeks. Now, however, I understand that there is a weekend in Pakistan. Therefore, I will be happy to wait 6-7 days for his response :) If he still doesn't respond, then I will HAVE to look at some other bat (most likely from Ajit) :)

He will send you the bat, don't worry about that. Since you have paid him he will send you a bat now. He won't run away with your money.

6-7 days..2 weeks is nothing. I have waited for my stuff despite being in same community but it took for the stuff to get to me.

He will send you the bat, don't worry about that. Since you have paid him he will send you a bat now. He won't run away with your money.

6-7 days..2 weeks is nothing. I have waited for my stuff despite being in same community but it took for the stuff to get to me.
He had promised me that the bat will be at my doorstep in less than 14 days. He also told me that he will provide me with a tracking id when he dispatches the bat. Since, he hasn't sent me any tracking ID, I am assuming that he hasn't dispatched the bat yet. I am letting him take time to dispatch the bat; I will call him tonight. I am sure that I will get my bat in perfect condition :)
Also, I am not implying, at all, that he is gonna' run away with my money. LOL :p

Last edited:
He had promised me that the bat will be at my doorstep in less than 14 days. He also told me that he will provide me with a tracking id when he dispatches the bat. Since, he hasn't sent me any tracking ID, I am assuming that he hasn't dispatched the bat yet. I am letting him take time to dispatch the bat; I will call him tonight. I am sure that I will get my bat in perfect condition :)
Also, I am not implying, at all, that he is gonna' run away with my money. LOL :p

InshAllah, he will dispatch your bat in less than 14 days, don't worry.

I would say call him on Monday or Tuesday morning. The more you call him, the more he is going to get annoyed.

a lot of times u can get it cheaper than the factory price....for instance the SG website states that the King Cobra is INR 12999...but if u go to any sports shop in India, u can get a 15-20% discount...

most of the business comes from retailers...so the companies have to support retailers....

Yes, I know that retailer who buy bats in vast numbers get discount in RRP but 20% seem to be a lot of discount.

Here is an example;

If a bat has RRP of $100 which is given to retailers for $90 so for them to sell it below $90 is a loss. How can they do that? I have spoken to retailers and they say they only make Rs. 500-1500 (depending on the bat) per bat.

InshAllah, he will dispatch your bat in less than 14 days, don't worry.

I would say call him on Monday or Tuesday morning. The more you call him, the more he is going to get annoyed.

He promised me that he will dispatch the bat on Monday. It is being made :D I am not worried at all. I am just anxious :p

Mind asking me what specifications did you ask for?
Weight: 2.8 to 2.10 lbs with light pickup (and large profile)
Size: Short Handle
12 Piece Sarawak Cane Handle :D
Around 11 straight grains
Oval Handle if possible, otherwise round handle is good
In Short, a great bat for US pitches (i.e. for low bounce pitches)

Low bounce US pitches? Are you sure?
We only have astro-turf pitches here, fast and bouncy. Feels like playing at the WACA :D

Low bounce US pitches? Are you sure?
We only have astro-turf pitches here, fast and bouncy. Feels like playing at the WACA :D

Khalid Bhai told me that the bat with lower meat will suit me the best. So, I believed him. Lol. Btw, I am sure that I am not gonna play on astro-turf since I am not in any club I am just an enthusiast who enjoys playing with friends. I actually met a friend here in SF who has played in Under 17 International cricket on behalf of India. He told me exactly that about the Astro-Turf. Lol. Should I talk to Khalid Bhai about that?

Last edited:
On topic. I rate matrrixx bats up there with the best bats in the world like SS etc

Last edited:
Ajit is the one and only online retailer who sells most latest indian branded gear. The SG 2011 gear has only just released recently but he has nearly everything all the bats/pads/gloves. I'm not sure if he has SG whites(clothing) but he pretty much has everything including helmets, sunglasses and thighpad etc.

Last edited:
Back