Member Interview : cricketjoshila

Muhammad10

T20I Debutant
Runs
Many thanks to [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] for his insightful responses.

PakPassion.net : A little about yourself; who are you, what do you do, your background and how you stumbled across PakPassion?

cricketjoshila : I belong to a Bengali business family. My grandfather migrated from East Bengal to Kolkata in 1946 to take control of the textile business my great-grandfather had in Western Bengal and to settle here; his other two brothers remained in East Bengal. He also inherited a small mining business that my great grandfather had received from a princely state, to whose royal family he used to supply textiles (at least that's what I have heard). Today, my family runs a successful mining business and I work in it. By education, I am a MBBS, but unfortunately I didn't start a practice due to family compulsions of joining the business. My family has been involved in cricket since partition as people from Eastern Bengal who migrated formed their own cricket and football teams, clubs etc and my grandfather actively participated in it. I inherited my enthusiasm in sports from my family who are big sports enthusiasts.

And for the benefit of some, let me clarify that I don't work for GOI; never have.

I initially used to visit another forum; there I came to know about PP and joined here during the 2011 WC.

PakPassion.net : Why PakPassion? That too for an Indian Cricket supporter?

cricketjoshila : It's boring to discuss a topic with people where most of them will agree with what you say. It's always better to discuss with people who will give a divergent view. So what better place to discuss cricket, but at PakPassion with the biggest rivals of the Indian team, Pakistani cricket fans.

PakPassion.net : When do you think bilateral ties between India and Pakistan will resume?

cricketjoshila : Difficult to say at this moment because the political environment is negative. Pakistan has a PM who has become a lame duck, while Modi was thoroughly criticised for landing up in Pakistan and having a meeting with Sharif, because 7 days after that meeting there were attacks in Pathankot. So at this moment we don't know who will take the initiative to restart the peace process and normalise ties.

PakPassion.net : Best ever player from Pakistan according to you?

cricketjoshila : In cricket, Wasim Akram; otherwise, Jahangir Khan.

PakPassion.net : How will India do in LOI formats when Virat Kohli is the captain?

cricketjoshila : Not too sure. There will be a shift from the Dhoni strategy of putting a score on the board and then choking the opposition for runs. Kohli doesn't seem to operate on that principle, he is more likely to focus on taking wickets. Also I believe Kohli will go for more strike bowlers and not accurate run chokers. It will be a very interesting time.

PakPassion.net : Tell us three things you admire about Pakistan or Pakistanis in general.

cricketjoshila : Pakistani food, Pakistani music, Pakistani fast bowlers.

PakPassion.net : Do you feel that if partition didn't happen, India/Pakistan would have been a better team?

cricketjoshila : Theoretically, yes. But practically, it would have been very difficult. Both countries function on different cricketing principles. India on batsmen and spinners and Pakistan on all-rounders and fast bowlers. How these two principles would have been integrated, I don't know. Maybe one of the aspects would have been lost, and most likely it would have been the spin bowling.

PakPassion.net : Would you like to see Pakistani players in the IPL; will the IPL be better that way?

cricketjoshila : Sure, why not? The more the merrier. It would be good to watch Amir bowl to Kohli.

PakPassion.net : Your biggest accomplishment in life?

cricketjoshila : Becoming a doctor. Most people thought that coming from a privileged background, I would never have the zeal to grind through medical school; that I would give up as I have a well settled business to fall back on. Proving them wrong was very satisfying. Also, it was my dream to become a doctor.

PakPassion.net : How do you think the IPL will progress in the future (regarding time-span)? If the duration is increased by a lot, what do you think will happen to Test cricket?

cricketjoshila : In the long term, BCCI will most likely focus on IPL and Test cricket. There will be fewer bilateral ODIs and T20Is. BCCI is expecting $3bn in TV revenue from the IPL in the next cycle and hence they may have to increase the length of it. The Lodha committee also recommends that ads be banned in between overs during international matches, but be allowed in the IPL. So if that comes to pass, I suspect BCCI will put a lot of its focus on the IPL.

PakPassion.net : What do you think has changed for Indian cricket, from the 90s to the current era?

cricketjoshila : MONEY. That in return has helped create more facilities for cricketers, investment at grass-roots, more and more academies and more people taking up cricket as a profession. Now there is so much professionalism in cricket in India, even domestic sides have so much backroom staff, so much help. Basically it's the infrastructure that has grown to be one of the best in the world.

PakPassion.net : How would you handle affairs with Pakistan if you are made the Prime Minister of India?

cricketjoshila : Will depend on who I am dealing with. If you are dealing with a military leader and he sincerely commits to something, you know he can deliver, but that is not going to happen with a civilian leader as the military may not agree. The Indo-Pak relation is very complex and fluid, with a history of wars. You have to handle it as it comes.

I would basically look to make LOC a permanent border; if that is not agreeable to Pakistan then ask that the issue be maintained as status quo, with Pakistan not encouraging any separatists in J&K. Treat the LOC as a de facto border till a future generation can permanently solve the issue. Once Pakistan cuts off the separatists, then demilitarize civilian areas in Kashmir. Once that is done, normalise all other aspects and deal with them the same way that it's dealt with in other countries.

A third way will be to let the Kashmir issue be deferred to the wisdom of future generations, and let it not hinder the present and normalise relations on other issues.

PakPassion.net : What do you think you have accomplished on PakPassion? Personally or otherwise?

cricketjoshila : I have learnt a lot about Islam. I have had Muslim friends throughout, but I never asked them the uncomfortable questions I had about Islam; I did that here and got my answers. So I believe my knowledge of Islam is the biggest thing I have gained on PP.

PakPassion.net : Where do you think India failed in regards to Kaveri Engine for the Tejas? Also do you think India will one day put the Kaveri together, hence having a full indigenous fighter aircraft?

cricketjoshila : The crystal blade technology of a Jet engine is extremely difficult to master. Only 5 companies have mastered it, GE and Pratt and Whitney of US, Rolls Royce of UK, Snecma of France and the Russian govt. consortium of Klimov and Saturn.

Now, the Chinese have tried for decades and may even claim success with the WS10 engine, but it's known that China doesn't have a satisfactorily working jet engine. So, you see its very difficult to make jet engines.

The Kaveri will ultimately come up, as Snecma is now helping GTRE make it. Let's see what happens.

But a fully Indian fighter is a long way off.

PS: You need to look up how French is Rafale or how Swedish is the Gripen.

PakPassion.net : Does patriotism make people blind?

cricketjoshila : Patriotism is like any other love. It's love for your country. True love is unconditional but it's not blind.

PakPassion.net : What do you think Gandhi would make of PM Modi?

cricketjoshila : Modi is a creation of his times just like Gandhi was of his. To look at Modi through the eyes of Gandhi, will be as much a mistake as it will be to look at a Gandhi through the eyes of a Napoleon.

PakPassion.net : What do you believe are the great attributes of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan?

cricketjoshila : The greatest attribute of any nation is its people and same is for Pakistan. A country will be what its people want it to be.

PakPassion.net : Do you believe free speech is an outdated concept?

cricketjoshila : Free Speech outdated? Freedom is never outdated. But like everything else, free speech isn't absolute. Your freedom cannot be my fetter.

Last edited:
Very good interview. Honest and to the point.

joshila bhai don't mess around; right on point and short and sweet :danish

Kadak Interview, to the point.

Hello [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION],

If I may ask, whose your favorite Indian Batsman? And who do you think is the best Batsman ever produced from India and why ?

Good interview. Thanks for answering my question about Kohli taking over captaincy. Which bowlers do you think he will favour than? I do agree he will be a different captain to Dhoni will be an interesting in LOI cricket for India when Kohli is captain.

Terrific interview and great answers by the most patriotic Indian poster. Good job [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]

"MONEY. That in return has helped create more facilities for cricketers, investment at grass-roots, more and more academies and more people taking up cricket as a profession. Now there is so much professionalism in cricket in India, even domestic sides have so much backroom staff, so much help. Basically it's the infrastructure that has grown to be one of the best in the world."

---------

Interesting.. Still no progress on building successful pace attack?

[MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]

Do you think Pakistan will become a cricket powerhouse anytime during our lifetimes? In all 3 formats?

If I may ask, whose your favorite Indian Batsman? And who do you think is the best Batsman ever produced from India and why ?

Greatest Indian batsman will always be a 3 way tie between Sachin, Dravid and Gavaskar.

Cricket joshila is without a doubt one of the most unique forum personalities ever.

He would go to cricket thread to talk past Indian players and eras, then went go to another thread to talk about BCCI and ICC technical stuff, then take a turn to go to time pass to debate about defense stuff, then waltz into another thread to debate about economic policies, then move on to another thread to talk about government appointments, procedures, then go to yet another thread and talk about politics, then take one more turn and go on to a books thread to debate about books....

and I am like.....my goodness, this guy is a freak.

Very very knowledgeable and versatile.

CJ is polarizing but its hard not to be amazed by how much he knows even if you don't always agree with his views.

Not saying this cos its his interview thread and you have to say good things only. Nothing like that.

Many a times (especially in Time Pass), I would wait for CJ to make an entry to hear both points of view in a debate (especially in topics where my knowledge is non existent).

Agree with his views on what he would do as PM of India. But don't want to discuss that too much cos the thread will turn political. India and Pakistan could grow a lot without the animosity.

Nice interview but wish there were more questions on offer.

Last edited:
Short and crisp interview from joshila.

What I like about him is that, eventhough he engages in a lot of heated debates, he rarely provokes other posters or makes personal remarks against them. That is a very good quality which not many people will have during heated debates.

If ever there was a bharat ratna award given in PP, it must be goven to joshila:narine

Great interview, concise but concrete :) A kind of versatile poster who can debate on any topic here.

May God bless you.

yes it must be said, joshia bhai is a very knowledgeable guy even though at times is unnecessarily defensive when it comes to india.

Overall Sachin Tendulkar.His ability to score in different formats againist different bowlers in different conditions through 24 years sets him above the rest.

Good interview. Thanks for answering my question about Kohli taking over captaincy. Which bowlers do you think he will favour than? I do agree he will be a different captain to Dhoni will be an interesting in LOI cricket for India when Kohli is captain.

Fast bowlers.Likely to be Yadav Bumrah Shami.

"MONEY. That in return has helped create more facilities for cricketers, investment at grass-roots, more and more academies and more people taking up cricket as a profession. Now there is so much professionalism in cricket in India, even domestic sides have so much backroom staff, so much help. Basically it's the infrastructure that has grown to be one of the best in the world."

---------

Interesting.. Still no progress on building successful pace attack?

Till 2010 we had may be one bowler who consistently bowled above 140s.Now we see we have 3-4 bowlers who can do that.A world class fast bowler wont emerge just like that as its been only 10-12 years since the system started encouraging them,but its not too far.

[MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]

Do you think Pakistan will become a cricket powerhouse anytime during our lifetimes? In all 3 formats?

Ofcourse it can.But Pakistan needs to develop the infrastructure for it.The days of picking a raw talent and unleash it on the opposition .The cricketing world has moved to a stage where talent is nurtured and trained to become world class.And untrained raw talent isnt going to do it.

Pakistan needs to harness talent and train it.

Very good interview for the most part, good, honest answers to the questions, except for the one on Pakistan as a state...bit of a non-answer. Yes all countries are what their people are, and people change. But which citizens are responsible for determining the character of a state? Is the Pakistani taliban member representative of his country or the Pakistani atheist poet who lambasts Islam? What about the Pakistani Hindu or the Pakistani Christian? A weighted average of all of the above perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ofcourse it can.But Pakistan needs to develop the infrastructure for it.The days of picking a raw talent and unleash it on the opposition .The cricketing world has moved to a stage where talent is nurtured and trained to become world class.And untrained raw talent isnt going to do it.

Pakistan needs to harness talent and train it.

You mentioned Wasim...do you think the same Wasim Akram, if discovered as an 18 yo in the Pakistan of 2016 would have gone on to be the same bowler as he was in his day?

Thanks CJ for answering my question. You are a legend in and out, hands down one of my fav top 5 posters on PP...

Thanks everyone.If anyone has more questions.FIRE AWAY i will try to answer them,hopefully the MODS have no issues.

Very good interview for the most part, good, honest answers to the questions, except for the one on Pakistan as a state...bit of a non-answer. Yes all countries are what their people are, and people change. But which citizens are responsible for determining the character of a state? Is the Pakistani taliban member representative of his country or the Pakistani atheist poet who lambasts Islam? What about the Pakistani Hindu or the Pakistani Christian? A weighted average of all of the above perhaps?

Let me explain this.The people who designed and built the Indian MARS mission were Indians.The Idiots who brought down Babri Masjid were Indians as well.I cannot except one and reject the other as not being Indian.Both of them show a face of India,the objective of the state and the citizens is to make sure the number of people in the latter group are reduced to the minimum,because they cause undeniable adverse effect to the country.When we talk of a country we have to talk about everyone,the good,the bad and the ugly.

You mentioned Wasim...do you think the same Wasim Akram, if discovered as an 18 yo in the Pakistan of 2016 would have gone on to be the same bowler as he was in his day?

Wasim Akram or Sachin Tendulkar are god gifted people who had so much natural talent that even with little training they were world class.SRT was made to play almost 2 seasons of FC cricket before he was brought into test cricket even though people wanted him earlier.

These kind of players are rare.You will not get such massively talented individuals every generation may be once in 3-4 decades.

The best examples of people with good natural ability but great work ethic and training are Dravid and Kohli from the Indian side.

Wasim Akram or Sachin Tendulkar are god gifted people who had so much natural talent that even with little training they were world class.SRT was made to play almost 2 seasons of FC cricket before he was brought into test cricket even though people wanted him earlier.

These kind of players are rare.You will not get such massively talented individuals every generation may be once in 3-4 decades.

The best examples of people with good natural ability but great work ethic and training are Dravid and Kohli from the Indian side.

Do you believe any current cricketers have similar natural talent as Wasim and Sachin?

I believe Amir and Kane Williamson come closest, with Amir of course being far closer to Wasim than KW, principally due to the age factor.

Good interview.
I really like the answer about the transition to Kohli's captaincy. It seems to be driven by not just applauding one captaincy style over the other, but recognizing that a change to a more 'aggressive' captaincy may bring a few mixed results in the immediate term.

well done mate!!! lovely interview

Hope i will get to be interviewed in the future :D

Do you believe any current cricketers have similar natural talent as Wasim and Sachin?

I believe Amir and Kane Williamson come closest, with Amir of course being far closer to Wasim than KW, principally due to the age factor.

Amir's fine but how is Kane Williamson the biggest natural talent in this era? Kane. Kohli, Root and SMith were just above average initially and they worked extremely hard on their games to reach this level. I'd say AB is the 'Natual Talent' of this era. He excelled in multiple sports and his stroke play is pure and not manufactured as others.

Short and to the point answers meant that this is the first member-interview I read in it's entirety. Posters like CJ prove that you can be reasonable and patriotic at the same time, and I admire that. Very good interview.

None.No one is close to the likes of Wasim Sachin Viv Warne kind of genius.

Thanks everyone.If anyone has more questions.FIRE AWAY i will try to answer them,hopefully the MODS have no issues.

Good interview. How difficult was med-school for you and would you say that med-school in India is more difficult than med-school in 'Western' countries?

Good interview. How difficult was med-school for you and would you say that med-school in India is more difficult than med-school in 'Western' countries?

It was difficult,damn difficult to get in and even more difficult to get out.I have no idea how difficult Med School in western India is but in India its very difficult.

The basic reasons being

1.Entry is very tough.Limited seats plus almost 50% reservation so huge huge competition.

2.Working is more difficult as the patient load is huge and doctors are limited.Students and residents sometimes work upto 60hrs with little sleep.

Do you feel bad about forgetting what you learned in medical school after joining the family business?

Do you feel guilty about using up someone's spot in medical school if you weren't going to heal people?

Do you feel bad about forgetting what you learned in medical school after joining the family business?

Do you feel guilty about using up someone's spot in medical school if you weren't going to heal people?
1.i feel bad that i cant practice full time.But every week or atleast once in 10 days i go to this charity clinic outside of the city to treat people for free.Keeps me in touch with my profession.Also i keep reading about the latest in medicine.

2.I was not supposed to join business.My dad and My uncle were looking after it and my younger brother and cousin were supposed to join it once their studies were over.But during my final year in med school my uncle and his family died in a accident.My father was all alone and needed someone to help him and i was duty bound to join the business.

1.i feel bad that i cant practice full time.But every week or atleast once in 10 days i go to this charity clinic outside of the city to treat people for free.Keeps me in touch with my profession.Also i keep reading about the latest in medicine.

2.I was not supposed to join business.My dad and My uncle were looking after it and my younger brother and cousin were supposed to join it once their studies were over.But during my final year in med school my uncle and his family died in a accident.My father was all alone and needed someone to help him and i was duty bound to join the business.

Damn, that's tragic. You got a bit of a Michael Corleone story going there.

Damn, that's tragic. You got a bit of a Michael Corleone story going there.
I still have hope that once my brother joins the business i may finally do residency and then full time practice.So its not Michael Corleone story.

My father had same issues.He was happily employed as senior bank official and then grandfather had a heart issue and my father had to come and join the business.

An interesting read. I hope you're able to eventually achieve your dream rather than having to do something which you're compelled to do.

[MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] i will add little more insight into how medical education works in india.

Suppose if u have 100 seats in a medical college 50 percent of those are reserved for various backward castes and tribes that means if u are a forward caste person u are eligible for only 50 percent of seats and even if u r rank in entrance examination is better than other reserved candidates it means zilch and u r not eligible. In my state andhra pradesh it is even more difficult because ours is the only state in whole india where there is additional 33 petcent reservation for women in college seats and govt jobs that means of the 50 seats remaining 17 seats are reserved for females .in short u are eligible for only 33 seats out of 100 if u r a forward caste male candididate.even in that 33 seats reserved candidates and females who r intelligent students and got good ranks are also eligible to take seats in that 33 seats i mentioned.so u have to be a brilliant candidate to get admission into medical colleges as seats are very limited .getting into mbbs is far easier than getting seat in post graduation because u have only 50 percent of pg seats compared to mbbs and there is additional 30 percent reservation for candidates doing govt service after mbbs. So u can understand the competition particularly for candidates of upper or higher castes. Every body is so quick to point out caste system in india but no country in the world gives this much support in education ,jobs and even promotions where reserved candidates who are less qualified are promoted against deserved candidates.so u hope u got a good idea of how medical system in india works

[MENTION=129948]Bilal7[/MENTION] i will add little more insight into how medical education works in india.

Suppose if u have 100 seats in a medical college 50 percent of those are reserved for various backward castes and tribes that means if u are a forward caste person u are eligible for only 50 percent of seats and even if u r rank in entrance examination is better than other reserved candidates it means zilch and u r not eligible. In my state andhra pradesh it is even more difficult because ours is the only state in whole india where there is additional 33 petcent reservation for women in college seats and govt jobs that means of the 50 seats remaining 17 seats are reserved for females .in short u are eligible for only 33 seats out of 100 if u r a forward caste male candididate.even in that 33 seats reserved candidates and females who r intelligent students and got good ranks are also eligible to take seats in that 33 seats i mentioned.so u have to be a brilliant candidate to get admission into medical colleges as seats are very limited .getting into mbbs is far easier than getting seat in post graduation because u have only 50 percent of pg seats compared to mbbs and there is additional 30 percent reservation for candidates doing govt service after mbbs. So u can understand the competition particularly for candidates of upper or higher castes. Every body is so quick to point out caste system in india but no country in the world gives this much support in education ,jobs and even promotions where reserved candidates who are less qualified are promoted against deserved candidates.so u hope u got a good idea of how medical system in india works

Also because of stupid reason of AP govt you guys cant apply for all india quota.

@ cricketjoshila yes AP is the only still not coming under national pool because of which bright students are suffering a lot and a good chunk of my friends didnt even attempt to try postgraduation in india .instead they prepared for usmle and one by one most of them got residency in usa.

@ cricketjoshila yes AP is the only still not coming under national pool because of which bright students are suffering a lot and a good chunk of my friends didnt even attempt to try postgraduation in india .instead they prepared for usmle and one by one most of them got residency in usa.
Are you doing PG?

NEET from next year.So you can be happy?

How did it feel when Saeed Anwar struck that 194 against India?

Someone whose opinion I always forward to in regards to Indian cricket in particular and cricket in general is of course our [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] bhai on PP.

Great interview CJ bhai. Respect

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever tried to step on Pak fans' side to see how anti-Pak and 'India/Indian Player/BCCI always right no matter what' kind of poster you come off as, especially when a Pak player's status is being discussed or someone is giving that players kudos, despite being intelligent and educated?

Education and inteligence should make one more broad minded and not very narrow minded and singularly focused as your posts seem to almost alway indicate?

Note: Before anyone have a cow or ask for examples etc. or attack me, let him reply with an honest answer!

How did it feel when Saeed Anwar struck that 194 against India?

Dont rate that innings that high.Ijaz Ahmeds 139 was brutal and hurting though.

CJ,

Your opinion on our fellow Indian Javed Akhter ?

He is immaterial.

Have you ever tried to step on Pak fans' side to see how anti-Pak and 'India/Indian Player/BCCI always right no matter what' kind of poster you come off as, especially when a Pak player's status is being discussed or someone is giving that players kudos, despite being intelligent and educated?

Education and inteligence should make one more broad minded and not very narrow minded and singularly focused as your posts seem to almost alway indicate?

Note: Before anyone have a cow or ask for examples etc. or attack me, let him reply with an honest answer!

India,BCCI cannot be always right.No one can be,because they are not god.

But one must never forget that India or BCCI will look after their interests first an foremost.And since Pakistan is rival and both countries and boards share a hostile relation their interests more often than not clash.

BCCI has chartered way for them where their interests are protected irrespective of what PCB tries to do.PCB must follow a similar path.

This is how the world is.

I was not here in 2010 when Pakistani players were invited to IPLauction and then not bought.But i have said many times here that it was wrong.Since then it has already come out that the franchisees had asked BCCI in 2010 whether they can guarantee the participation of Pakistani players,and BCCI had replied that unlike other countries,participation of Pakistani players depended of political will of both countries and hence BCCI cant guarantee their participation.It is also speculated that BCCI was upfront in saying that they dont enoy great relations with PCB.

In light of that BCCI shouldnt have included the players in the auction as franchisee interest had waned.

Now coming to the topic of Pakistani players,i am a big admirer of Imran Khan and Saqlain and die hard fan of Wasim Akram and i have never shied away from saying that here.But i certainly am no fan of the present Pakistani players simply because they are not that good,except for Misbah who i like for his work ethic.Amir was someone who i had started to like before he did what he did in 2010.

I am waiting for the next Pakistani superstar to arrive and dazzle the world.Someone whose personality will not be limited to twitter and Instagram and whose performance will be more on field than in front of the mike.

A very knowledgeable poster, should change name to cricketpedia.

And allways calm with his replies, no bad names etc. Keep it up! :)

Amir's fine but how is Kane Williamson the biggest natural talent in this era? Kane. Kohli, Root and SMith were just above average initially and they worked extremely hard on their games to reach this level. I'd say AB is the 'Natual Talent' of this era. He excelled in multiple sports and his stroke play is pure and not manufactured as others.

Kane because of his age. He debuted as a 20 yo which is quite young. And he did well - hit a ton on his first tour of India - averaged around 35 for his first few seasons. Then really exploded the last 2 years or so and now his average is just under 50. He has very good technique, and can play every format equally well. Kane is also from NZ, so his access to top quality coaching, facilities, etc to develop a good technique are far less than an AUS/ENG/IND player.

Thats why I rate him so highly. Of course Tendulkar did all that at an even younger age...16 yo on debut. However, Tendulkar never averaged significantly more than his peers (Dravid, Ponting, Kallis all had career averages around 58-59 as did Sachin).

Kane because of his age. He debuted as a 20 yo which is quite young. And he did well - hit a ton on his first tour of India - averaged around 35 for his first few seasons. Then really exploded the last 2 years or so and now his average is just under 50. He has very good technique, and can play every format equally well. Kane is also from NZ, so his access to top quality coaching, facilities, etc to develop a good technique are far less than an AUS/ENG/IND player.

Thats why I rate him so highly. Of course Tendulkar did all that at an even younger age...16 yo on debut. However, Tendulkar never averaged significantly more than his peers (Dravid, Ponting, Kallis all had career averages around 58-59 as did Sachin).

Has Kane or anyone for that matter really done that in the modern era?

Has Kane or anyone for that matter really done that in the modern era?

There is a Tendulkar Thread for this.Thank You.

for those who missed this interview! Wonderful thought put behind.

Good honest interview [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]
I still enjoyed our discussion in the past. Apologies if I came out too serious/upfront ever.

thanks pakpassion for including my question and thanks joshila for given an answer which i think was too simplistic and a tad casual.thanks nevertheless:)

Good honest interview [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION]
I still enjoyed our discussion in the past. Apologies if I came out too serious/upfront ever.
No need to apologise.I am myself guilty of offending people with my views.

Back