Member Interview : #GreenRoars

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
PakPassion : Why PakPassion? How did you come to know about this forum?

GreenRoars : I tried a lot of forums before joining PakPassion but most of them were mainly IT or discussion related. I randomly searched for cricket forums on the net and PP came on top of the list which prompted me to have look. However I was a regular lurker for about a year before I decide to register.

Initially I was a bit reluctant due to the experts on PP and how I will be recognised among the users with extensive cricket knowledge. It was actually the 2015 World Cup, when I became a regular and eventually became addicted.

PakPassion : Why don't you post videos anymore?

GreenRoars : I am fan of cricket but specifically Pakistan cricket. So when there is no Pakistan cricket being played I tend to not make so many videos.

PakPassion : Who is your secret favorite player?

GreenRoars : My secret player would be Chanderpaul, I love his unorthodox style of play and the best thing is that he is consistent and also a controversy free player. He was the sort of player who shed his blood, sweat and tears to climb the ladder of success. His trademark guard taking act and the flags below his eyes reflect how much passionate he is. He faced the fastest bowlers of his village on a concrete pitch, and who were allowed to bend their arms, and I think it resulted in him batting with a unique crab like stance. Whenever his team was in trouble, he with his gladiatorial intensity, stood up like a boy on a burning deck to fight against the wrath of opposition bowlers.

PakPassion : 5 things you would like to change about yourself?

GreenRoars :

A - I think i am very polite and soft hearted hence trust people quite easily , I would like to become a little stronger as a person I guess.
B - I can't say NO to any one. If someone asks for a favor I would go out of my way to make them happy.
C - I am an extreme person If I like or dislike someone it's the opposite ends.
D - I trust people very quickly which can sometimes be a problem.
E - I am a very serious and boring person, I would like to add a little fun in my life.

PakPassion : Why this nickname / Username '#GreenRoars' ?

GreenRoars : Since I made my account during the 2015 World Cup and in the initial stages Pakistan's performance was very down and I had a discussion with my mates and told them that Pakistan will roar again, so that's where the username struck my mind.

PakPassion : Who is your favorite player and why?

GreenRoars : My all time favorite player is Brian Charles Lara as he wasn’t just a brilliant player but a pleasure to watch too. Armed with a ferocious square drive and scintillating cut shot, Lara dealt severely with any width and left many a point and cover fieldsman terrified. His extraordinary back lift always allowed him to strike the ball. He did this with ferocity, he would have his bat raised high in the air while he positioned his weight onto his bent front knee, while his eyes remained focused and level at all times. He was a complete batsman any team would want and I could watch him bat all day.

PakPassion : If you were allowed to change one rule in cricket, what would it be?

GreenRoars : If we talk about the longer format I would like to introduce 3 umpires system in a different way. Test cricket is a tough game spread over 5 days and having only 2 on-field umpires and the 3rd umpire sitting comfortably in an air conditioned room doesn't do justice.

With my idea we can have 3 umpires on a rotation basis where each of them gets a session as a 3rd umpire.

As far as ODI's are concerned, a batsman can bat 50 overs, but a bowler can't bowl more than 10 overs which I think should be changed to 12 overs quota per bowler, so your best bowler can perhaps bowl more if one of the bowlers is not having a good day. This will also make the game tilt a little towards the bowling as at the moment most of the rules seem to favor the batsmen.

PakPassion : One cricketer you think that should have never played for Pakistan?

GreenRoars : The only player that comes to mind is Salman Butt, nothing is important than the dignity of your Nation . I still can't forget his face that hung with shame and guilt in the press conference he did after the spot fixing saga back in 2010.

He seemed to be the captain we were looking for in years when he took over. The cricketing world applauded when he then led his young side to victory over the Aussies at Headingly. But his betrayal was totally shattering. I wish he had never played for Pakistan and nor for any other country.

PakPassion : How and why the interest in cricket. What are your earliest memories of the Pakistan team?

GreenRoars : My interest in cricket has mainly come from my immediate relatives my father and uncles use to play and follow cricket regularly and I guess that is where the keen interest comes from.

Since child hood, I started reading about it (because there was no TV in our house). So to watch all the Pakistan matches, we have to go to our uncle's house and gather there as a family. Eventually I fell in love with this game, due to some personal reasons I couldn't get to play cricket ever though.

Talking about earliest memories, mine are from the 2003 World Cup. I clearly remember the Pakistan v India match ,which India won by 6 wickets. The maestro Saeed Anwar scored a spectacular hundred and my father and all family members kept on saying that 273 is a big enough total but in response, the 98 runs from Sachin Tendulkar and 50* by Yuvi sealed a comfortable victory. Bitter memories though, but it was amazing.

PakPassion : If you could face one bowler at any point of his career who would it be?

GreenRoars : I would love to face Curtly Ambrose, the deadliest bowler I have ever known. He was silent, but deadly. He was capable of generating great pace and made the ball bounce from difficult spots. He was a silent assassin, if you dare to upset him, you quickly found yourself on the receiving end of the full wrath of his fury.

PakPassion : What makes you think so positively?

GreenRoars : Strong hope and never say die attitude. I always hope that after every fall every defeat, a rise or victory is waiting for us. As Iqbal said "Paiwasta reh shajjar se' ummed e bahaar rakh "

It helps me cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. If there is a single ray in the dark, but you are negative you won't be able to see that ray at all.

I believe positive thinking is associated with positive actions and outcomes. Self-affirmation becomes a habit, and with consistent repetitions it becomes a part of our character. As, said by Gandhi "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes "

PakPassion : Which Indian cricketer you wish had played for Pakistan?

GreenRoars : I wish Rahul Dravid had played for Pakistan, as he was The Wall in real terms. He was truly the biggest nightmare for bowlers. He was definitely not the best opener, wicket-keeper or captain to have played the game, but he certainly ranks among the few who put aside personal glory for the team's sake.

I have never seen him involved in controversies, sledging or questionable media conferences. Not a single controversy in a period of 17 years is an amazing feat. This is the reason I rate him much higher than others Indian players because other Indian greats were God gifted, but Dravid worked hard to achieve where he ended. Dravid showed us that mastering the technique is more necessary as compared to talent, and I must say agree with the following said about him "He was a silent guardian of India cricket "

PakPassion : Is cricket your favorite sport?

GreenRoars : Indeed , Cricket is my favorite sport. I follow cricket everywhere, at any level. Even I remember, when I was giving exams and still used to wake up at midnight to watch Pakistan U-19 matches in World Cup. Apart from Pakistan cricket I follow other sports involving Pakistan too, be it Hockey, Kabbadi, Snooker, Volleyball or Boxing.

PakPassion : Have you played cricket at some level?

GreenRoars : No I haven't. Due to some personal reasons I couldn't play any sort of cricket, nor tape ball or hard ball. Although I would've loved to represent my country.

Great interview [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION]. Thanks for posting.

Great interview from [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] one of my fav posters.

Great interview .
Level headed , soft , humble fellow . A very good contributor to Pp . Always respects opinions .
[MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] no need to change A and E those represent your good personality and your makeup . If you will toil with those it's like mutating your genes :) stay blessed .

Good interview. Unfortunate to hear you aren't able to play the sport you love.

Very good interview except for the positive bit. That is just delusion in my opinion.

Great interview from [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] one of my fav posters.

Great interview .
Level headed , soft , humble fellow . A very good contributor to Pp . Always respects opinions .
[MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] no need to change A and E those represent your good personality and your makeup . If you will toil with those it's like mutating your genes :) stay blessed .

Good interview. Unfortunate to hear you aren't able to play the sport you love.

Very good interview except for the positive bit. That is just delusion in my opinion.

Thanks a lot brothers.

Nice interview, bro. Liked the answers and totally in favour of the three umpires idea. Its actually a good one.

"The only player that comes to mind is Salman Butt, nothing is important than the dignity of your Nation . I still can't forget his face that hung with shame and guilt in the press conference he did after the spot fixing saga back in 2010."

Sumed it up brilliantly. Good read!

I can't say NO to people either.. Can create some big issues I tell you.

A good level-headed poster :)

Nice interview. I wouldn't like to face Ambrose unless I want to be killed...

Nice interview. Not hiding, my most favorite poster here. He is always very friendly. Congrats [MENTION=66397]Green[/MENTION]Roars.

Amazing interview!

One of my favourite posters. Every bit of that interview was great.

Love how you are always positive and friendly, Greeny - keep it up! :)

Nice interview, bro. Liked the answers and totally in favour of the three umpires idea. Its actually a good one.

"The only player that comes to mind is Salman Butt, nothing is important than the dignity of your Nation . I still can't forget his face that hung with shame and guilt in the press conference he did after the spot fixing saga back in 2010."

Sumed it up brilliantly. Good read!

I can't say NO to people either.. Can create some big issues I tell you.

A good level-headed poster :)

I like Green Roars.

Nice to see his interview.

Nice interview. I wouldn't like to face Ambrose unless I want to be killed...

Nice interview. Not hiding, my most favorite poster here. He is always very friendly. Congrats [MENTION=66397]Green[/MENTION]Roars.

Thanks for your likeness brothers. :)

Great Interview...from a great poster and mod

Like Salman Butt do you feel the same for Amir and Asif?

Nice interview, and a cool poster and mod :19:

Hope GR maintain this positivity throughout his life since optimism is important to live a satisfied and joyful life.

Great answers from a great poster.

Pleasure to interact with!

Great answers by a great poster. Really enjoyed reading your interview brother!

One thing i really like about you is that you remain positive all the time.

Great interview, always nice reading your posts
Thanks bro
Great Interview...from a great poster and mod

Like Salman Butt do you feel the same for Amir and Asif?

Thanks buzurg bhai.

Nice interview, and a cool poster and mod :19:

Hope GR maintain this positivity throughout his life since optimism is important to live a satisfied and joyful life.
Thanks bhai
Great answers from a great poster.

Pleasure to interact with!
Thanks bro
Great answers by a great poster. Really enjoyed reading your interview brother!

One thing i really like about you is that you remain positive all the time.

Thanks a lot sir :)

Thanks [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] for answering my question. :misbah

My question was : 5 things you would like to change about yourself.

Last edited:
Nice interview from #GreenRoars. I also agree that had Butt never played for Pakistan, we could have avoided a lot of controversy.

WOW, Great replies for #GreanRoars.

Hmmm, so Saeed Anwar brought you closer to cricket, indeed he was an amazing player to watch.

A good read.

A hard-working colleague is GreenRoars. Nothing is a problem, always very positive :)

Where there is cricket - There is GreenRoars!

The true meaning of passion for the game.

Chanders , Lara and CA
That's three guys from West Indies.

Good interview.

Sad that [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] didn't get a chance to play cricket at any level.

Good interview.

Sad that [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] didn't get a chance to play cricket at any level.
Thanks bro, many times you don't get what you wish for. And that was my fate.
Good poster :)
Thanks bro, nice to see you after a long time :)
Never a dull moment when he's around. Kaise late ho itni positivity? :narine
Haha, bhai i always think it's not to good cry over past or something which has happened already, so it's better to be positive and try to make your present and future good

Back