Member Interview : Hitman

hadi123

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
PakPassion.net: What brings you to PakPassion?

Hitman: I have been reading PP since 2006. I'm simply addicted to it. So much so that my parents and brother make fun of my habit.

PakPassion.net: What are your hobbies besides cricket?

Hitman: Mostly hanging out with friends. I love it. Then there's tennis, pro wrestling and video games that I enjoy.

PakPassion.net: What is your all time favourite TV show and movie?

Hitman: Not into TV shows. But my favorite movie is Anand.

PakPassion.net: What is your favourite cheat meal?

Hitman: Momos.

PakPassion.net: What is your day job and ultimate ambition? What would be your dream job?

Hitman: I'm an investor. I don't necessarily have to work. I'm pretty happy the way I am and I'd be happy to live the rest of my life like this. My dream job would be an astronaut.

PakPassion.net: Who would you make favourites for the World Cup in 2019?

Hitman: That's a difficult asssesment to make. India, England, Australia, Pakistan all have their chances. ODI cricket is simply way too unpredictable. Who in their right mind expected Pakistan to win the Champions Trophy last year?

PakPassion.net: What is your favourite Sachin Tendulkar innings?

Hitman: His 169 at Cape Town in 1996 against Allan Donald and Co. It was the strongest bowling attack of that times, and South Africa is the hardest place to score runs for Asian batsmen. Even Allan Donald rates that innings as the finest ever played against him by any batsman.

PakPassion.net: Your worst moment as a cricket fan?

Hitman: Chennai Test, 1999. That's the only defeat that has haunted me over the years. I haven't even been able to watch the complete highlights of that match till date. I simply can't manage to watch what happened in the end. People would consider me crazy, but I personally would gladly trade our 2011 WC win for a victory in that Test. But then again, it's just me.

PakPassion.net: Thoughts on the current Pakistan team?

Hitman: They have come leaps and bounds since the dark times. I still can't believe what happened to the team from around 2009 till around 2011. The entire team was in shambles. The batsmen went to the crease not to score runs but to have a stroll across the park. It was absolutely horrendous. Things have greatly improved. They're already a very competitive team now and can further get better with time. Of course I won't expect it to scale the highs of the 80s and the 90s. But they can definitely get better than what they currently are.

PakPassion.net: How was it like growing up and now living in Assam?

Hitman: Fantastic. I have lived all my life in Guwahati city. I love it. So much that I can't even fathom moving to another city in Assam let alone move to another state or another country. Guwahati is my life.

PakPassion.net: Do you think passion for cricket is the same in Assam as it is in Delhi or Mumbai? Do you generally have a soft spot for old or upcoming Assam cricketers over cricketers from other states?

Hitman: You guys won't believe how cricket crazy people in Assam are. Just as much as among people in Delhi or Mumbai. Cricket has always been a culture and a way of life for us here. A big match going on, the streets would be half empty.

Unfortunately Assam has not produced any significant cricketer till date. I have no preference regarding player's states. An Indian player is an Indian player, that's all I understand.

PakPassion.net: How did you get into WWE?

Hitman: Through my friends in around 1995. I loved wrestling just as much as cricket till around 2006. Then Eddie Guerrero died, Kurt Angle left the WWE, and then the Chris Benoit tragedy happened. And that was when my affection towards the product declined. I don't follow the current product anymore, but I'm still a huge wrestling fans. I watch old tapes/DVD's all the time that I have collected over the years, and keep up with the dirt sheets.

PakPassion.net: Favourite WWE match?

Hitman: The ladder match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania 10.

Many thanks to [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] for his answers.

Last edited:
Good interview.

I'm an investor.
Damn. To live off that you've to be pretty good.

That '99 game is one for the ages. Cricket can't (and probably won't ever) get better than that.

Good luck with everything bro!

Very Good interview.

Sachin's 169 at Cape Town is also my personal favourite and I rate it as his best test inning of all-time.

Good interview.

Damn. To live off that you've to be pretty good.

That '99 game is one for the ages. Cricket can't (and probably won't ever) get better than that.

Good luck with everything bro!

Thanks, man. Those Shiv Sena scoundrels did everything they could to spoil that 99' series.

Hitman and I could be literally neighbors lol. Born and brought up in guwahati.

He’s quite right.

We all know that in reality 1999 was not a 1-1 drawn series plus a “separate one-off” Pakistan victory.

It was a 2-1 Pakistan Test series victory in India in reality, and yes, it was bigger than either India’s 2011 World Cup victory or Pakistan’s 1992 World Cup victory.

In India v Pakistan cricket, an away Test series victory is the biggest possible achievement.

And Pakistan’s 2-1 win in India in 1999 ranks up there with the 1-0 victory in India in 1986-87.

That ladder match at wrestlemania 94 was something. I was 5 years old, very much into wrestling & i remember that match quite fondly.

I also remember their other ladder match at summerslam 95. Both were classics.

That ladder match at wrestlemania 94 was something. I was 5 years old, very much into wrestling & i remember that match quite fondly.

I also remember their other ladder match at summerslam 95. Both were classics.

That was the first match in WWF history that was rated 5 stars by Dave Meltzer.

Do you seriously believe you want to trade off WC 11 for a test match? Its just a bilateral series why matters so much? May be in 1999 it mattered but now i don't even remember that result :)

Do you seriously believe you want to trade off WC 11 for a test match? Its just a bilateral series why matters so much? May be in 1999 it mattered but now i don't even remember that result :)

Bilateral series? It was a Test series, that too in 1999 when the relations between both the countries were as tense as ever. Winning that Test would have ensured that we won that Test series. We already have the 1983 WC in our kitty, so it's not like we would have been deprived of having tasted a World Cup victory.

People following cricket back then will understand what that series meant for both the nations.

Bilateral series? It was a Test series, that too in 1999 when the relations between both the countries were as tense as ever. Winning that Test would have ensured that we won that Test series. We already have the 1983 WC in our kitty, so it's not like we would have been deprived of having tasted a World Cup victory.

People following cricket back then will understand what that series meant for both the nations.

in 1999 i agree but even now you feel you can trade it off?May be my interest in Cricket diminished lot compare to 10/15 years ago,as i no longer get upset with any amount of losses.

Yup cause it was that damn good. For years after that, WWE would show the shot of shawn michaels performing splash on razor from ladder in their montages/highlights.

in 1999 i agree but even now you feel you can trade it off?May be my interest in Cricket diminished lot compare to 10/15 years ago,as i no longer get upset with any amount of losses.

Yea, man. The only loss in cricket that has hurt me and has haunted me over the years is the loss in that particular Test match, which resulted in us not winning the series. The pain still lingers. Funny there's not a single loss in any format that has hurt me more than a couple of days.

Yup cause it was that damn good. For years after that, WWE would show the shot of shawn michaels performing splash on razor from ladder in their montages/highlights.

I'd go as far as to say that's the best match in WWF history. There are quite a few contenders for the honor, but that match pips it.

Which is why Bret Hart is still mad because he was the one who told Vince the idea of a ladder match. He believes it was his idea, and Shawn Michaels stole it from him :))) But then the ladder match was already held multiple times in Stampede Wresling for years prior to that, starting from the 70's. So in essence, Bret stole the idea from Stampede Wrestling. Never have I seen a more narcissistic wrestler than Bret Hart, bar Hogan. But Hogan was never a wrestler to begin with. He was simply a cartoon character.

Last edited:
Yea, man. The only loss in cricket that has hurt me and has haunted me over the years is the loss in that particular Test match, which resulted in us not winning the series. The pain still lingers. Funny there's not a single loss in any format that has hurt me more than a couple of days.

For me its 1999 WC :(

I'd go as far as to say that's the best match in WWF history. There are quite a few contenders for the honor, but that match pips it.

Which is why Bret Hart is still mad because he was the one who told Vince the idea of a ladder match. He believes it was his idea, and Shawn Michaels stole it from him :))) But then the ladder match was already held multiple times in Stempede Wresling for years prior to that, starting from the 70's. So in essence, Bret stole the idea from Stempede Wrestling. Never have I seen a more narcissistic wrestler than Bret Hart, bar Hogan. But Hogan was never a wrestler to begin with. He was simply a cartoon character.

If i recall, bret had a ladder match with shawn michaels in 1992 which was infact the first of its kind in wwe. But majority of casual fans think that wrestlemania 10 match was the first ladder match wwe had. So i think that is what irks him alongwith his hatred for anything related to HHH & HBK. He is like the canadian bishan bedi. Will always find something negative to say about under any circumstances.

As for Narcissm, boy don't get me started on the wrestlers of our childhoods. Ever since wrestlers have started shooting on what went down in the 80's/90's, I was surprised to learn of the ego's pro-wrestling had in those days like HBK in the 90's, Warrior, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair etc. They all had major issues backstage & ****** a lot of people of to get where they are. I mean to this day, you will find notable wrestlers & managers criticizing HBK & they refuse to forgive him.

Hogan's narcissism is justified. The dude put the business on the map. We can agree to disagree on this point as i know you are a hardcore hbk fan & hogan ****** him in their 2005 feud (not even counting the 90's where he refused to put the then young talent including bret hart over) which made hbk fans hate hogan a lot. But still that man deserves a lot of credit & he is reason pro-wrestling became what it is today. He should be respected for that. We young fans give him too much flak at times & judge him by 2018 standards which is unfair. He should be judged by what he did in his time & how far he took the business.

Reminder for those who may have missed this interview.

Which is why Bret Hart is still mad because he was the one who told Vince the idea of a ladder match. He believes it was his idea, and Shawn Michaels stole it from him :))) But then the ladder match was already held multiple times in Stampede Wresling for years prior to that, starting from the 70's. So in essence, Bret stole the idea from Stampede Wrestling. Never have I seen a more narcissistic wrestler than Bret Hart, bar Hogan. But Hogan was never a wrestler to begin with. He was simply a cartoon character.

I think The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania match in 2001 deserves that honour. Simply a match for the ages!

I think The Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania match in 2001 deserves that honour. Simply a match for the ages!

Best match in WWE history is Undertaker vs Mankind in the hell in a cell where taker throws him from the top of the cage. That match was not scripted and was rated as the most brutal match in WWE history. Watch the video in youtube, you can see tension in Vince's face when Mankind was thrown from 25 feet.

Check it out if you haven't done so already, guys!

A nice read [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION].

I wouldn't even trade the WC for even a series win IN Aus and SA ... let alone for a single Test match against Pak. And Iam pretty sure a vast majority of Indian fans will be of the same opinion.

Thanks PP, I had requested this interview. Great interview [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] , all the trolling aside :)) you are one of my all time favourite posters on this forum. Speaking of that 1999 Test, you guys lost but for me that knock by Sachin is arguably one of his best ever, you always wonder what could have been when it came to Shahid and Saqi is a little under rated at times but he held his own vs the best players of spin.

Surprise by your favourite match being the ladder at WM10 thought it may have been Bret/Austin or Bret/Owen or Bret/Hart from WM12 but that ladder match was special and still stands up now

Thanks PP, I had requested this interview. Great interview [MENTION=133315]Hitman[/MENTION] , all the trolling aside :)) you are one of my all time favourite posters on this forum. Speaking of that 1999 Test, you guys lost but for me that knock by Sachin is arguably one of his best ever, you always wonder what could have been when it came to Shahid and Saqi is a little under rated at times but he held his own vs the best players of spin.

Surprise by your favourite match being the ladder at WM10 thought it may have been Bret/Austin or Bret/Owen or Bret/Hart from WM12 but that ladder match was special and still stands up now

Come on, man .... it's all fun. I never have and never will take any offence at you for what you post. There were 2 matches during those VHS tape days that absolutely below my mind away - HBK vs Razor Ramon (Ladder Match), Bret vs Owen (Steel Cage match). Both of those matches blew me off. Funny, back in 94' I was a kayfabe fan. I didn't know the reality of the business.

And you know what's even more funny? Both of those 2 matches were the first couple of matches in WWF history that were rated 5 stars by Dave Meltzer :))

That tells me something. That tells me I could identify good wrestling even back when I was a kayfabe fan.

As for people dissing pro wrestling for not being real, why would you want to waste your time regarding your time over something you don't seem worthy? We're more than happy in our world of pro wrestling. Nothing else, other than Laurel & Hardy movies, works a better stress reliever for me than pro wrestling. I will always love it. Cricket, although I so dearly love, is still a sport that stresses me and emotions play a big part in it. Pro wrestling is something that has nothing that would stress you.

And as if the movies so many people love are all real.

Come on, man .... it's all fun. I never have and never will take any offence at you for what you post. There were 2 matches during those VHS tape days that absolutely below my mind away - HBK vs Razor Ramon (Ladder Match), Bret vs Owen (Steel Cage match). Both of those matches blew me off. Funny, back in 94' I was a kayfabe fan. I didn't know the reality of the business.

And you know what's even more funny? Both of those 2 matches were the first couple of matches in WWF history that were rated 5 stars by Dave Meltzer :))

That tells me something. That tells me I could identify good wrestling even back when I was a kayfabe fan.

As for people dissing pro wrestling for not being real, why would you want to waste your time regarding your time over something you don't seem worthy? We're more than happy in our world of pro wrestling. Nothing else, other than Laurel & Hardy movies, works a better stress reliever for me than pro wrestling. I will always love it. Cricket, although I so dearly love, is still a sport that stresses me and emotions play a big part in it. Pro wrestling is something that has nothing that would stress you.

And as if the movies so many people love are all real.

Alright lets not break kayfabe :)))

Man you're so lucky, I can't imagine how nuts you must have been going seeing that match which was first of its kind in mainstream US (Ironically Bret and Shawn fought in a ladder match for the first time in WWF but it was during a house show). I think that Bret/Owen cage match is one of the greatest I have ever seen, just the long build and blow off at the end was all just so perfect. I use to have so much respect for Dave but these days he is too big a lackey for New Japan Pro Wrestling, I mean he has always had a bias towards that territory but it was never this obvious.

The same people who complain about the industry not being real are hoping the recently resurrected Jon Snow defeats the army of the undead white walkers and then marries the mother of dragons who is also his auntie :yk :yk2 :yk3

Totally right there, that type of euphoria only we will ever be able to experience so I truly pity everyone else. Shawn has been booked for the saudi show in a tag match, what do you think of his return ? he is also rumoured to be facing Taker in a singles match at Survivor Series which is coming up.

Back