Member Interview : Slog

Abdul

ODI Debutant
Runs
Many thanks to Slog for providing these honest and in depth answers!

PakPassion.net : Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Slog : I'm a guy in my mid 20s who follows all kinds of sport be it NFL, cricket, football, basketball and tennis. I have an interest in politics as well as the global economy and public policy. Overall I'd describe myself as a serious guy but someone who likes to enjoy himself when the occasion is right such as weekends or parties. Also once in a while I do enjoy activities such as hiking, skiing or just relaxing on the beach where you can go with a bunch of people but if need be just switch off from the rest of the world and be by yourself.

I have a passion in social service particularly education and try to do my part in helping educate the next generation of Pakistanis. My dream is to one day be in a financial and social position where I can provide a platform for education till high school for the less fortunate children of our society. Over the years I have volunteered to teach a few kids from poor areas in Karachi a couple of times a week and it just angers me that due to the failure of our government to build a somewhat competent public school system, many of the talented and smart children of our country will never reach their potential. It is an absolute shame that so many children in our society are born in a position where no matter how hard they try and how sincere they are they will not be able to beat their social circumstances. Education is the only way to do that.

PakPassion.net : For how long do you think you will be able to follow Pakistan cricket passionately?

Slog : It's a tough question and certainly it is something that I have been thinking about in recent times. Following cricket properly requires a lot of effort and time out of your schedule and I particularly do like to follow Test series which means that I end up spending even more time following cricket than an average guy. But we have been doing well in Test cricket for the last couple of years which has kept me hooked.

The fear is that Misbah and Younis' retirement coupled with the upcoming tough overseas tours will also bring down our performances in the Test format. So let's see how it goes if we see an extended slump in that format.

Losing games in itself is not what puts one off Pakistan cricket though. It's the fact that some of the cricket we have played in recent times in limited overs has been absolutely gutless. And when you add the infighting, intrigue, poor discipline and grouping, even the most ardent fan will find it hard to back this lot.

The good thing is that I enjoy English and Australian summer Test cricket regardless of who is playing and also always look to follow the big test series involving England, South Africa, Australia and India so it certainly won't be a case of going cold turkey on cricket any time soon even if my interest in Pakistan cricket disappears.

PakPassion.net : Who do you rate higher - Azhar Ali or Asad Shafiq?

Slog : I think if you analyse them purely as batsmen then I have to pick Asad Shafiq here even though it's a very close one and in the future I could end up picking Azhar if the question is asked again depending on what happens over the next 12 months.

While neither are close to the level of active top tier batsmen such as Kohli, Root, Smith or Williamson, I feel that compared to Azhar, Shafiq has shown a greater ability to perform well on different types of pitches and against different attacks. Azhar has done brilliantly in UAE and it wouldn't be wrong to state that unlike Asad, he really has stamped his mark in some matches in the UAE over the past few years and thus played some match winning innings - the memorable one being against Sri Lanka in Dav Whatmore's last match as coach. However, Asad hasn't done too badly either and also has some good innings to a point to in UAE.

Having said that what really turns the balance for me are two things. Firstly, Shafiq has scored runs in series we have played abroad as well. While clearly the consistency has been lacking in terms of dominating the whole series rather than select matches, he definitely has racked up some runs and good scores in tours of South Africa and New Zealand which is something Azhar hasn't really been able to do especially in South Africa. Secondly you have to realise that he does come at number six which is one of the trickier batting positions in a batting line up. Either you have to play with the tail, survive and make as many runs as you can while holding an end and taking the game along or you come in late in the innings and have to play relatively risky cricket and attempt to score at a quick rate. Also you end up facing both the reversing old ball and then the new ball because it is usually due around the time a number six is generally in. Not to say that the number 3 position Azhar bats in doesn't have its own challenges but for these reasons I would put Shafiq slightly ahead right now. Of course from a technical point of view most experts also rate him as a better option than Azhar and that plays a role.

For Asad a move up the order is in the offing so let's see how he does there when it eventually happens.

So currently as Test batsmen I'd put Shafiq slightly higher but both the upcoming tours to Australia and England will determine where their place is among Pakistani batsmen historically.

As far as ODIs are concerned Asad has been hopeless for a while now and his train has passed which is a shame now considering he had a very good 2011 WC where he averaged in the 70s and rescued Pakistan from tricky positions in a couple of games. Azhar showed decent glimpses last year in the Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka series but seems to have fallen on the way side. I am holding out some hope that he can find a niche where he is a 38-42 averaging batsman with a strike rate of around 80, which considering our issues will do the job.

To sum it up, I'd say I have a small hope for Azhar creating a niche for himself in ODIs mainly as a function of us not having better batsmen out there. But he certainly won't be a world beater so the real format where both of their legacies will be determined is the Test format and at the moment Asad seems more equipped to get runs in varying conditions so I rate him higher right now.

PakPassion.net : Is there a bias, for or against, Karachi cricketers in Pakistan?

Slog : I don't think there is specifically a bias against Karachi as far as cricket is concerned. Karachi players being selected by the Karachi lobby is an oft repeated accusation which frankly I don't find a lot of sense in because history doesn't really support the claim.

Is there a group of people who you can colloquially term as the Karachi lobby? Yes there is and it’s mostly made up of Jang and Geo cronies, (btw who recently have switched sides to Lahore since a rival media group bought the Karachi team in PSL).

However, throughout our cricket history especially since the 80s there has been an equally vocal Lahore lobby and back in the day both these lobbies often used to pit Javed Miandad and Imran Khan against each other.

However the question is how often have these lobbies succeeded in influencing selection decisions and I don't see a lot of evidence to back the accusations out against them. Let's take a few oft quoted cases in the last fifteen years. First would be Faisal Iqbal and while he clearly played more games than what his ability merited I think it was more of a case of him being a nephew of a legend and a high ranking official in the PCB, namely Javed Miandad. Same with Mohammad Sami who was Inzamam's blue eyed boy and had the 'talent' tag going for him which has also afforded the likes of Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal an undeserved number of games. And recently there is Khurram Manzoor whose selection was against termed as being the work of this Karachi lobby but in reality was a direct choice of our captain at the time.

If the so called Karachi lobby really had that much influence, Fawad Alam would have played a great number of international matches by now because it is a clear cut case for him considering his amazing domestic record.

Just to expand on the topic I do think that there is some advantage to being a player from Karachi or a similarly big centre like Lahore. Youngsters there get access to better training facilities and coaches so get to work on their skills from a younger age and with somewhat competent people. Additionally being from a big city gives them more exposure to make a name for themselves and find domestic teams willing to take them on. So in that sense there is a bias from players in big centres but that is the case in any country in the world really. You hear of bias for Mumbai cricketers in India and I often hear Australian fans mentioning how one of their states always ends up getting players picked for Australia over individuals from other states.

I'd like to extend the answer a bit beyond the question itself now. Are the players selected in our squads the best fifteen available players in the country for a particular series? Obviously no. But I do not think that that is the case in any set up in the world. Are there some undeserving players who get in due to their relations? Definitely yes and that is probably a more local problem. However I sincerely believe that in a fifteen member squad at least 12-13 players are usually on merit and deserve to be there so the players we put out on the field are by and large the best available players in the country and the addition or removal of one or two players will not significantly change the fortune of the team and turn them from strugglers to world beaters. So the myth which is often peddled that our team would be a solid, successful unit if the best talent was picked doesn't stand for me to be honest. Often as fans we hide behind this excuse that the best team has not been selected and is not playing out there and the results would have been different if that was not the case. We need to get out of this insecure mentality and accept the shortcomings of our available players and it is only then that we will be able to improve long term because such excuses give the non performing players and team management something to hide behind and shift blame.

PakPassion.net : Will cricketers like Asad Shafiq, Sarfraz Ahmed, and Azhar Ali suffer in the future because of their attitude of not criticizing others and accepting blame whenever it's put on them? An example would be Fawad Alam, (Never spoke out against the selectors and never tried to say he was wrongfully kicked out)

Slog : It is possible but only time can tell. These players just need to put their heads down and focus on performance. Obviously they don't talk to the media much and don't have friends in the media fighting their case so the rope for them compared to some others is much shorter when they see a slump in form.

One thing Waqar Younis as coach was trying to do was to clamp down on the seniority culture and come down hard on players disrupting the team environment. Once this had been achieved the next generation of players wouldn't have worked and grown in such toxic team environments and perhaps could have solely focussed on the things they are selected for.

So it is a bit of a shame that before the team environment was eradicated of the culture of such intrigues and backstabbing, the coach trying to bring about this change was made to leave. This can only send a message to players indulging in such acts that such behaviour will not be the end of your career and that you don't necessarily have to change your ways to survive.

I think Waqar leaving right now was a very poor decision and something that can haunt us in the future because when Misbah's retirement eventually comes and if Azhar doesn't get a handle on the ODI captaincy, we could see an ugly scrap for captaincy among 2-3 players with different groups of players backing different individuals and that will set us back a good number of years.

PakPassion.net : Where do you see Pakistan cricket in five years time?

Slog : The talent stocks are drying up and are at an all time low. The upcoming players just seem to be a good decade behind their contemporaries from other countries as far as their fitness, fielding, gameplay and creativity is concerned. There is nothing to suggest that this slide will be arrested any time soon and everything points to the likelihood that our recent Test record (primarily due to playing in Asia) will be smashed apart as well in the upcoming tours of England and Australia. We might still see success in UAE due to Yasir Shah and our spinners but the fact is that other teams keep on evolving and there is a good chance that they will come up with methods to contend with our spin threat.

We need to implement the recommendations in Waqar's leaked reports as well as somehow convince a top head coach to come on board and give him a free hand in the majority of affairs of our cricket. I just don't see any Pakistan ex player having the capability of taking the decisions needed to arrest this slide.

PakPassion.net : Which player does Virat Kohli remind you of, and what is your opinion of him?

Slog : I wouldn't say he really reminds me of anyone particularly but when he gets going and especially gets past the 30s, 40s he really takes control and puts you to the sword which sort of is reminiscent of some of the Aussie greats like Ponting and Hayden as well as guys like Kevin Pietersen, who once they played themselves in really cashed in on the situation and their form.

I think he's a great batsman and I enjoy watching him especially in limited overs cricket. He will certainly be one of the great batsmen of this decade.

PakPassion.net : Do you think that Danish Kaneria has been treated unfairly by the cricketing fraternity?

Slog : It's hard to say. Clearly it must rankle him to see guys like Amir who committed much worse crimes and even served time to get the golden boy treatment from PCB while he has not even got a phone call from them considering his case is much more solid.

His story does seem sad and you get the sense that the authorities were very tough on him to make him an example. It's also a sad situation for Pakistan as he was a poster boy for our minorities in a way and that's not the case anymore.

I feel our players at that time (pre 2010) just didn't realise how seemingly small offences (to them) like bowling a no ball or playing a maiden over in a test match could snowball into such big crimes and cost them their careers. Hopefully the future generation take this as a lesson and do not fall into these bad habits.

PakPassion.net : Since Waqar Younis has resigned, which coach should be hired? Who has the ability to improve the team?

Slog : It's a tough one. Waqar clearly wasn't the greatest strategiser and his tactics were lacking however he was sincere and had plans for the long term betterment of Pakistan cricket. Also our problems go well beyond poor tactics and team selection so the priority should be to get a handle on those aspects first.

And you also have to look at the alternatives available and frankly there aren't many to pick from. Of course if we had luxury of attracting the top coaches then it's a different story but the guys being talked about such as Aaqib Javed, Mohsin Khan and Dean Jones just don't seem equipped enough to handle such a big task.

Let's be honest, the team is a bit of a train wreck at the moment and it will only worsen when Misbah-ul-Haq retires. The names mentioned as possible coaches neither have the experience nor the pedigree to handle such a Herculean task.

Dean Jones is too emotional and clearly seems a person who could crumble under pressure and the only way I see his stint ending is with him going home in tears. He will surely improve the team environment but don't think he has it in him to handle characters like Shehzad and Akmal who we are blessed with.

Mohsin is more of a father type figure who can put an arm around a player and talk to him to get his confidence up. But right now our issues go much deeper and we can give our boys all the confidence in the world but since the talent, team strategy and tactics are lacking, our results will not change much.

Aqib Javed is probably the most equipped of the three and has also spent a significant amount of time in Pakistan cricket coaching circles since 2003. He has been the bowling coach and assistant coach of the national team and has headed the NCA twice and for significant periods. However by all reports, most of his tenures were train wrecks. A great regret is that as Head of NCA he was in charge of two generations of U19 World Cup winners but under his tutelage the majority regressed and fell by the way side. So it's a bit baffling as to what criteria is being used to see him as a serious choice because most of his assignments have ended unsuccessfully. Maybe he is a perfect 'Yes Man.'

If it was according to my wishes then I would want a coach who not only can do the immediate work of coaching the national team and devising tactics and picking the right combination but I would also want them to have experience in overhauling the whole infrastructure and have a top to bottom approach where proper focus is given to the academy, domestic cricket etc. This is of course a lot of work especially if it's someone not familiar with the system so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a new role of a Director of Cricket who oversees all aspects of cricket and then have a Head Coach in charge of the national team.

Andy Flower, Gary Kirsten, Tom Moody sound like great options but I don't think that we are in a position to attract them so I fear we might end up taking two steps back. Aqib Javed, Mohsin Khan etc come with their own baggage and insecurities and it is unlikely they will have the guts to take the tough decisions which are the need of the hour.

However I also think that a proper discussion needs to be held on Najam Sethi and Shahryar Khan which is not being done.

PakPassion.net : In this era of flat tracks, do you think the fast bowlers of the previous eras would have struggled as well?

Slog : For fast bowlers the sheer quantity of games is also partly to blame for some of their struggles and to be at peak performance at all times. However I always believe that genuine great bowlers would have done well. Especially the 80s and 90s bowlers who were up against some all time great batsmen would have found a way to be effective. I'd say ditto for great batsmen of previous eras as far as adapting to the increased pace of the game is concerned.

PakPassion.net : What role can Shahid Afridi play for Pakistan, as a player, having resigned from captaincy?

Slog : I think it's time for him to call it quits.

I think deep in his heart even he knows that. He would get a lot more well wishes and prayers if he keeps going with some of the charity work he has involved himself with in recent times.

As a player, even from his standards he has looked past it for a while and I certainly don't think it is a realistic proposition for him to keep on playing till 2020 when the next WT20 comes around. For ODIs and T20s I feel that a player shouldn't hang around if it's obvious that he will be past it by the time the next World Cup comes around.

PakPassion.net : Can Pakistan ever win a ODI World Cup again?

Slog : Ever is an indefinite time period so you can always hope.

However I personally don't think the current 50 over ODI format has long term efficacy and the format may not exist any more by the time Pakistan is in such a position when it is a top, top limited overs team. However the World T20 will remain and hopefully we will get a chance to hold it soon enough.

Also cricket is a funny game so who knows. India went from a first round knockout in 2007 to World Champions in the next edition. However it is important to realize that the individual players they had were fairly good and that the next generation had the requisite talent which isn't the case with us.

PakPassion.net : Why is Karachi producing technically deficient batsmen despite having a large population?

Slog : It's a nationwide problem in all fairness. Guys like Babar Azam seem to have a solid technique although they have been part of the NCA since the time they were 15 or so and that definitely plays a role. But yes overall Karachi definitely has an issue in this regard.

I blame the tape ball cricket culture to some extent as it isn't really very conducive to proper text book batting. In fact guys like Sharjeel Khan, Shahzaib Hasan and Khalid Latif thrive in that. There is little movement in the ball and the bowlers are just aiming to bowl fast yorkers which often become full tosses and half volleys in the arc. There is little variation in the bowling being faced and hence such batsmen are brutally exposed when they play a higher standard.

Not having a proper, quality academy such as the NCA definitely plays a negative role too. Not only do the youngsters coming up not get access to facilities and nets which such a facility would provide but more importantly they do not get a competent coach analyzing their game and giving them tips in their teenage years which is really the time for any youngster to form the base of their game. It's ridiculous to expect guys like Sharjeel and Khalid Latif to change their games and have proper batting techniques when they break into the team in their late 20s. The question is why weren't some of the glaring technical errors pointed out and fixed in the early part of their career when they were playing First Class cricket. There are some guys like Rashid Latif who are sincere and want to make positive changes but they can only go so far without official backing and funding.

I think proper technically correct batting is a test of patience and maturity and the majority of our awaam really cannot be classed as such either.

PakPassion.net : What is your favorite place to visit in Pakistan?

Slog : There's a few.

Some of the more restricted and well maintained beaches on our coastline are definitely a favourite spot and in terms of natural aspects of what makes a good beach spot, some of these are world class and definitely on par, if not better than some of the well known and popular beaches I have been to all over the United States. Of course the atmosphere is not the same as those places partly due to our conservative culture but it's certainly a great place to go to with a few friends or family, to just relax and get away from the crazy city life.

Another favourite place is the Gorakh Hills in interior Sindh which could definitely be a quality tourist spot if the security situation improves and the Sindh Tourism board publicises and spends some money on it. The natural beauty is wonderful and the weather is brilliant. Neither is it crowded to the hilt like our northern areas.

And of course, the northern areas are beautiful though logistics do end up frustrating you a lot and I haven't been there for a good 6-7 years. I am planning to go on a tour of the northern areas with a few friends this summer and that will definitely be a great experience and I will definitely get to see a lot more now.

PakPassion.net : Will Imran Khan ever get elected?

Slog : As PM? It is unlikely. Time is not on his side. Neither is the political system.

It's not just Imran Khan but anyone who wants to breaks the stranglehold on the status quo will fail in my opinion. Our awaam are enslaved and are happy with their stock it and do not seem to want to improve on it. So you can't really fault anyone as we are getting what we want.

I shared the great philosopher Rousseau's quote on a thread here the other day and it applies to our awaam so perfectly. The quote is:

"Slaves lose everything in their chains, even the desire of escaping from them: they love their servitude, as the comrades of Ulysses loved their brutish condition. If then there are slaves by nature, it is because there have been slaves against nature. Force made the first slaves, and their cowardice perpetuated the condition."

PakPassion.net : Who are your favorite posters on the website?

Slog : There's been quite a few over the years and I may or may not agree with them on lot of topics but do respect them.

Some that have stood out but definitely not an exhaustive list and in no particular order:

- MenInG
- Strike Rate
- Buffet
- Saqs
- Mamoon
- Sensible-Indian-Fan
- Street Cricketer
- Belawal2014
- Dr_Bassim
- Nostalgic
- Saadibaba
- Jaded
- OZGOD
- Amit
- Convict
- James
- Last Man Standing
- Suleiman
- DW44
- Vandokkum
- Laal
- Donal Cozzie
- Ashraful_Rox

Wow! Thorough is an understatement. Seems you've put quite a lot of thought and effort in to the responses. Made for a very good read, and I particularly liked the quote by Rousseau, as well as my name on that list :srt. Well done! [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION]

Enjoyed the interview [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] bro. It's great that you help out the society as much as possible. Hope you succeed in your dream! :19:

Very thoughtful replies. Wish you all the best with your plans for education and children. Education is a great leveler and each kid deserves a chance.

Great Interview!

I hope you succeed in executing your plans for the children of Pakistan one day.

Thanks for the shoutout brother, and good point on why Karachi is not making good cricketers. Lack of an NCA like academy in your most populous city is insane.

From Anwar and Miandad we have come down to Fawad Alam and Sarfraz :facepalm:

Oh well, at least there is still :shafiq

Oh and that reminds me... my grandfather saw Saeed Anwar at the mosque the other day. Said he was lost in deep thought.

Very interesting and in depth

PakPassion.net : What role can Shahid Afridi play for Pakistan, as a player, having resigned from captaincy? Slog : I think it's time for him to call it quits. I think deep in his heart even he knows that. He would get a lot more well wishes and prayers if he keeps going with some of the charity work he has involved himself with in recent times. As a player, even from his standards he has looked past it for a while and I certainly don't think it is a realistic proposition for him to keep on playing till 2020 when the next WT20 comes around. For ODIs and T20s I feel that a player shouldn't hang around if it's obvious that he will be past it by the time the next World Cup comes around.

- See more at: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?243739-Member-Interview-Slog#sthash.7XicOWVU.dpuf

MashAllah, excellent interview [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] bhai. Thanks for mentioning my name in your last answer with invisible ink :))

Was a nice read Slog bro. :D

My question was never forwarded to you.

Your favourite batsmen, bowler and AR now.

And your favourite historically.

MashAllah, excellent interview [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] bhai. Thanks for mentioning my name in your last answer with invisible ink :))
haha i would have thought id put it near top of the list. Getting old maybe :))
Was a nice read Slog bro. :D

My question was never forwarded to you.

Your favourite batsmen, bowler and AR now.

And your favourite historically.

Thanks!

I did answer it but didnt provide detail as to why I selected each player due to the fact it was for each format (thus 9 players).

Ill list them out here.

Currently: (I only included players I have watched enough of as we are talking about favorite rather than ones I rate most)

Tests
Batsman : Steve Smith (unorthodox choice but I do enjoy watching him bat eventhough his style is not the everyone's cup of tea)
Bowler : Dale Steyn (though he is on decline so maybe Broad or Yasir Shah)
AR : Stokes

ODIs
Batsman : AB De Villers
Bowler : Starc
AR : Faulkner maybe (not many standing out)

T20S
Batsman : Kohli
Bowler : Ashwin
AR : Andre Russell

Historically:

Tests
Batsman : Ponting
Bowler : Dale Steyn
AR : Kallis

ODIs
Bowler : Wasim Akram
AR : Klusener

T20S
Bowler : Gul

Good interview, although some of the questions were rather weird.

haha i would have thought id put it near top of the list. Getting old maybe :))

Thanks!

I did answer it but didnt provide detail as to why I selected each player due to the fact it was for each format (thus 9 players).

Ill list them out here.

Currently: (I only included players I have watched enough of as we are talking about favorite rather than ones I rate most)

Tests
Batsman : Steve Smith (unorthodox choice but I do enjoy watching him bat eventhough his style is not the everyone's cup of tea)
Bowler : Dale Steyn (though he is on decline so maybe Broad or Yasir Shah)
AR : Stokes

ODIs
Batsman : AB De Villers
Bowler : Starc
AR : Faulkner maybe (not many standing out)

T20S
Bowler : Ashwin

Historically:

Tests
Bowler : Dale Steyn
AR : Kallis

ODIs
Bowler : Wasim Akram
AR : Klusener

T20S
Bowler : Gul

Cool....thanks.

Insightful interview from a very good poster. Also good to hear about the volunteering. Education is the only tool which can uplift the population in our part of the world which is struggling from so many issues.

I think the comparisons of Kohli with Ponting and other Aussie players are mostly due to his attacking mindset and aggressive demenaour which is something unusual for Asian players in general. The styles of both players are different and so are their stroke play. Ponting is someone who generally had a high back lift with a trigger movement which helped him to get into favourable positions for his strokeplay whereas Kohli has a low back lift. Also their execution of shots are different too. Ponting who was renowned for his ability to play short balls had a great reflexes to play them off the front foot (which very few players can do) while Kohli plays them off the backfoot in a more conventional manner and also rolls his wrists over the ball to play it along the ground.

Last edited:
PakPassion.net : What is your favorite place to visit in Pakistan?

Slog : There's a few.

Some of the more restricted and well maintained beaches on our coastline are definitely a favourite spot and in terms of natural aspects of what makes a good beach spot, some of these are world class and definitely on par, if not better than some of the well known and popular beaches I have been to all over the United States. Of course the atmosphere is not the same as those places partly due to our conservative culture but it's certainly a great place to go to with a few friends or family, to just relax and get away from the crazy city life.

Another favourite place is the Gorakh Hills in interior Sindh which could definitely be a quality tourist spot if the security situation improves and the Sindh Tourism board publicises and spends some money on it. The natural beauty is wonderful and the weather is brilliant. Neither is it crowded to the hilt like our northern areas.

And of course, the northern areas are beautiful though logistics do end up frustrating you a lot and I haven't been there for a good 6-7 years. I am planning to go on a tour of the northern areas with a few friends this summer and that will definitely be a great experience and I will definitely get to see a lot more now.

[

Have been touring the northern areas especially Gilgit Baltistan extensively for the past few weeks

I could write a book on my experience

Has been a very very interesting experience. Definitely some of the more beautiful areas I have ever had the pleasure of visiting in my lifetime. May share a few snaps and it really seems unreal at times.

I also met many locals and had extensive interactions and unfortunately some really worrying realisations too.

Very interesting experiences

Have been touring the northern areas especially Gilgit Baltistan extensively for the past few weeks

I could write a book on my experience

Has been a very very interesting experience. Definitely some of the more beautiful areas I have ever had the pleasure of visiting in my lifetime. May share a few snaps and it really seems unreal at times.

I also met many locals and had extensive interactions and unfortunately some really worrying realizations too.

Very interesting experiences

good interview.
What are those worrying realizations ???

good interview.
What are those worrying realizations ???

theres a lot of intolerance in the country. i mean we hear abt it but to be actually exposed to it sth else

the thing is even in cities there is intolerance so we think we know the extent of it

theres a lot of intolerance in the country. i mean we hear abt it but to be actually exposed to it sth else

the thing is even in cities there is intolerance so we think we know the extent of it

Did you feel intolerance due to religious reasons and were u the victim of it or you saw animosity between two groups of society???
What was the nature of intolerance???? was it Religious ,Cultural or Ethnic ???

Did you feel intolerance due to religious reasons and were u the victim of it or you saw animosity between two groups of society???
What was the nature of intolerance???? was it Religious ,Cultural or Ethnic ???

religious sectarianism (shia-sunni)

and while gilgit baltistan was amazing and tolerant we drove up there so went throgh dif regions. areas like kohat etc are def places im not going back anytime soon

Last edited:
Back